News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Damned Bad Day

Started by Zakharra, May 10, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diddywah

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Arri and the children.

Natalie C. Barney

And a great time right before Mother's Day.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Celestial Goblin

Sweet goodness, i have no words.
The sheer stupidity and insensivity, courtesy of the talibs of the western half-globe.
I'll be doing my equivalent of prayer.

Zakharra

We have a hearing tommorrow at 8 am. She'll be attending. I can't make it. The hearing will determine if we get our children back now or if we have to work to get them  back.  :(   

Than ks for the link alahendra

Ellyssa

*hugs* Good luck, lady. We'll pray for you, please let us know how things turn out?

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: Zakharra on May 11, 2006, 09:20:43 PM
We have a hearing tommorrow at 8 am. She'll be attending. I can't make it. The hearing will determine if we get our children back now or if we have to work to get them  back.  :(   

Than ks for the link alahendra

Hope you have a lawyer with you. And good luck I'm not religious but good luck.  :(
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Zakharra

Elvi

Strangely and I both are thinking of you and your partner and the children, we shouldn't forget what this is and will be doing to them as well......*hugs for all*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Zakharra

:'( We lost the case and have lost the kids. This means that we will have to fight for them. It looks like they will get put with their grandmother, my mother. So they could be with someone thay know and are close-by.

Swedish Steel

Well, that's good at least. Sorry to hear you lost.  :(
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

alahendra

Quote from: Zakharra on May 12, 2006, 07:17:01 PM
  :'( We lost the case and have lost the kids. This means that we will have to fight for them. It looks like they will get put with their grandmother, my mother. So they could be with someone thay know and are close-by.

>:(  In some ways I'm not surprised since it's Idaho...Are you going to get a lawyer?
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

Elvi

Quote from: Zakharra on May 12, 2006, 07:17:01 PM

Mortified.....truely mortified......
Are you able to at least visit them?

Zakharra

Quote from: alahendra on May 12, 2006, 07:32:49 PM
>:(  In some ways I'm not surprised since it's Idaho...Are you going to get a lawyer?

Yes. Arri's checking to see if we can qualify for public assisatance. It'll be Monday before we can talk to the social worker, unfortunately. She was not to be found when Arri was trying to get ahold of her. The bitch.  >:( She should KNOW that this is tearing me and Arri's hearts out, and to not get ahold of us or leave us ANY information is torture.

Quote from: Elvi on May 12, 2006, 07:49:05 PM
Mortified.....truely mortified......
Are you able to at least visit them?

We hope so.

National Acrobat

Sorry to hear that, and I hope things work out for you.

Idaho sounds a lot like Virginia in the regards of non-traditional families with children, and it's very scary to hear about it. What most of these organizations don't realize is how they are traumatizing the children.

We have friends here that have three children, but since one of the women is divorced, the children are actually legally under joint custody of her and her ex-husband. Her partner has no legal rights to them at all, and this being Virginia, if the ex-husband decided he didn't like the way the wind blew in the house, he could do a lot about that. Sounds like a similar situation.

I hope things end up well for you.

Rat Salad (a.k.a. LoTW/Ntlacrobat)

Mistiq

Oh my god...it finally reading this now, I am going to...I feel like I need to ask again...do you know why they took the kids? There has to be some reason if not, that should be grounds to sue the state. My family just recently went through this with mt cousin's kids. My little cousin Ivy, was here with me in Los Angeles at the time so she got to say with us instead of go to the foster place. What happen? My cousin Carol, Ivy's mother smokes weed, she had...I am not sure I think left Aaron who is ten with Charlee and her brother Parrish while she when I think to the store. Parrish and Charlee are like three months or so apart. Parrish made his way out of the house and into a neighbor's backyard, the neighbor call CPS on them. Carol wasn't high I do think but they arrested her, and put Aaron, Charlee, and Parrish in foster care. The kids dad, my blood cousin Nezile, had to be flown off a Navy ship to get the kids. After a set of court cases, Carol got the kids back with the stipulation that she couldn't be alone with them. There had to be another adult in the house with her if the kids were there. Carol was made to take classes in Parenting and her dad came down so that he could watch the kids when she worked or went to school all the way from North Carolina.

My point? They had a reason to take Carol's kids and not give them back, so I don't see how it is legal for CPS to take away your children without reason. I can't tell you not to worry too much, all of what I can say has already been said. Zakharra, there is truely something wrong when you can judge a person's parenting based on what thier sexuality or gender is. It doesn't matter, it shouldn't. My prayer are with you and I will ask my sister if they is a way you can do anything about that social worker who isn't doing her fucking job, Koko is going to school for that now she would know.

Zakharra

The reasons they were taken was 'Abuse, bruises to the child, and neglect'. We will not know until Monday where the children are or if we can even see them. Due to the damnedf social worker on the case not being able to be contacted and on a Friday too...  >:(  Ari,y gf, was cited for hitting a child and as I said before, we will be getting a lawyer to fight this. I hope we can use public assistance for this will not be cheap.

The fact that I am a TS and Arri likes Doming has a good chance of coming out and being used against us. If they do that I will use other resources to dispute that fact of bigotry.

Mistiq

Oh, well still that's you'all private lives and your person business. I think that's BS based off the fact that even though I couldn't do it myself child need to be discipline if the are doing something thier mom or dad said not too. My sister Koko, she loves Bri, Skyy, and Komarri to death but it seems like when I call Bri and Skyy are always getting hit, she's hit Bri with a wooden brush and on the hand with a belt in earshot of me before. She's in Georgia so I don't see her face to face often. My sister doesn't think it's wrong to hit your child when they're in the wrong, I agree with her in some cases. Koko also says try to file a grevince against the social worker, it will be hard though because it's your word against her, but try it anyway. And just to have witnesses try to have others close by know so they can back you up.

If they do that, that's smear tatics I think and if you're such "unfit parents" they wouldn't need to do that.

Jefepato

Quote from: Zakharra on May 13, 2006, 08:48:56 PM
The reasons they were taken was 'Abuse, bruises to the child, and neglect'.

Do you actually know for certain that bigotry was the motivating factor behind this, or (as far as you know) does Child Protective Services honestly (and mistakenly) believe that your children were abused/bruised/neglected?

I'm still unclear on this point from your posts, even though everyone seems to be assuming the former...

Elvi

As far as I am aware Jefepato, they have not taken that into concideration.
Zakhara is afraid, (and quite rightly too in my opinion), that when they go to court, these factors may mean that they are discriminated against and that the real issues are 'fogged' by it.

Zakharra

Quote from: Jefepato on May 13, 2006, 11:55:24 PM
or (as far as you know) does Child Protective Services honestly (and mistakenly) believe that your children were abused/bruised/neglected?

That's what they know and believe so far.

Elvi is correct in her analysis. The potential is there for them to take the fact that I'm a TS into 'account' and use that against us. Arri and I will try to keep it in context of our parenting and such. It hasn't happened yet, I'm just preparing for it if it comes up.

Zakharra

We can visit the kids. They are staying at my mother's right now. So they are with someone they know and trust. We have a meeting with the social worker tommorrow afternoon.

alahendra

Well, again, I'll say good luck to you Zakharra, and that you are in my thoughts. ((((Zakharra))))
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

strenoth

dear god I just read this.. oh man I hope this all resolves out well but it's got to be so hard on the kids.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
BDSM Orientation: Switch
Sexual Limitations: Site limits, no male-on-male

Elvi

Well at least thats a step in the right direction, they are with their Grandmother and the two of you can see them.
Lets hope it continues to improve.
*hugs to all of you*

Brandon

As I am just reading this let me say that my heart and prayers go out to you both and your kids. I dont know whats going on behind the sceenes there but if they do try to discriminate against you for your alternate lifestyles then I would say you should sue the hell out of the state as well as get the ACLU involved.

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play