Why This is New (nk and AAA111)

Started by AAA111, October 25, 2010, 10:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAA111

Sydney, 21, was a beautiful girl who had gorgeous long brown hair that came down past her shoulders. She normally wore her hair in a ponytail with a headband to hold back all of the hair. She also had very pretty baby blue eyes. She was very tiny at about 5'2 100 lbs. She had broken up with her ex-boyfriend about a month ago and they had dated for about 2 years so it was definitely still a new wound. She kind of missed him and his family but she knew that she had to move on to the next step in her life.

It was the weekend so right now she was hanging out at home. Right now she had no plans just hanging out but things change so who knows. She changed her aim message. "Hanging out..who knows what else is later..so text/call if you need me"

nk

RogerG: Hey Leonidas...

Leonidas.

His screen name. One he'd been inspired to use after watching that movie 300. Sure, it wasn't the most original thing around but it got the job done.

Leonidas: Yeah man? Whats up? What do ya need?
RogerG: Well I was wondering if you could help me out...

And it was with that small conversation that it all began. Leon slowly scrolled through his long list of contacts which consisted of both active and drop screen names. He always told himself he'd have to clean it up sometime, but it was something he never quite got around to. He continued to scroll down the list until he found what he was looking for and with a little grin and mental 'bingo', typed the same sort of greeting he'd used millions of times.

Leonidas: Hey Sid, you busy?

As he sat back in his computer chair waiting for a reply, he noticed her updated aim message and wondered if maybe perhaps hitting her up with a call would be better. He only pondered this for a moment though as he logged that away as Plan B if Plan A failed. And considering he'd only attempted Plan A mere seconds ago, he decided to simply lean back in his chair and give the girl a few minutes before resorting to his backup.

AAA111

Up until this point Sydney had been sitting on her bed watching some television. It had been a really long week so she was trying to relax and de-stress from the super stressful school and work week. All of a sudden she heard a buzzing noise coming from her computer alerting her that she got a new aim message.

She sat down at her computer and looked at the screen. She hadn't talked to Roger's best friend in weeks so it was kind of weird getting a message from him. She read the message and began to reply.

Syd4u:Um not really. Just watching some tv..why??

She clicked send not sure what exactly was going on or why out of the blue he had decided to send her a message. She waited for his response to see what was going on.

nk

Leon shot straight up in his chair as he gazed at his screen for a second as he drummed his index finger on his keyboard. He contemplated straight out asking her what he wanted to but he didn't want to be rude and keep the pleasantries so instead he answered in a generic way most people tended to do.

Leonidas: Great then.
Leonidas: Haven't heard from ya in awhile.
Leonidas: Just wanted to know how's life been treating ya.

Leon fingers typed in all three responses in less than as second before taking his hands off the keyboard and sighing softly. Although he felt somewhat obligated at this point, Roger was asking way to much of him this time. Yeah they were supposedly friends forever and the whole nine yards, but this was torture. He'd always been good at bottling up his emotions yet he felt he was at his limit. Course, he thought about talking to Roger about it but he was fairly sure it'd destroy their friendship. Roger was a passionate guy. Sometimes a little to passionate. And even though Leon on the other hand was a lot more level headed out of the two, he was rather doubtful of his ability to persuade his friend to continue their comradery.

“Damn...” Leon said quietly with another soft sigh leaving his lips.

What was a guy supposed to do?

AAA111

Sydney looked at the computer screen as he send back a reply. She looked at the computer screen weird. It was really weird him asking her what she had been up to because when her and Roger dated they hardly ever spoke to each other. This was definitely really weird to her. She wondered what was going on.
Syd4u: Uh yeah I guess
Syd4u: Yes I agree it has been quite a long time
Syd4u: Um life's been treating me good I guess. Doing the whole school thing and working at the same time
Syd4u: How about you?

She quickly hit the enter key as she sat back in her computer chair and stared at the computer screen for a few seconds. She didn't tell him that she had started dating a guy about a week ago. She knew that he would probably tell Roger and I'm sure that would stir up some big problems. Even though they weren't together anymore she felt like he'd flip out.

nk

“So you're gonna play it that way, eh?” Leon said with a light chuckle as he began typing up his response the moment he'd read Sid's.

He'd honestly figured she would've spilled a little more info on the happenings in her life but hey whatever, it was okay. Leon didn't mind prying the information out from her if she wanted to be vague yet then again, like he had said before. The pleasantries were important.

Leonidas: Yeah I've been busy with my job ya know. But I always got time for you, ya know that right? Besides! All work and no play makes Leon a dull boy. XD

He paused for a second after he had pressed ENTER on his keyboard and watched the flashing black bar for a second before grinning slightly and typing two messages that weren't all to innocent in nature.

Leonidas: How's Roger been? You two are still together right?
Leonidas: I haven't talked to him in awhile, seems as though he's been busy lately as well.

Course they were both lies, but she couldn't have known that. Roger had told him they hadn't talked in weeks and so that being the case. He was somewhat interested in what she would say. The only thing that would've honestly surprised him was if she said they had talked, at which point would've made no sense seeing as how Roger had asked him to talk to her for him. But the possibility of that happening was practically zero. Still though, he wouldn't rule it entirely out simply because that wasn't like him.

“So now...” Leon mused as he countless other possibilities bounced through his head, “What will you say...?”

AAA111

As she received the first message she looked at the screen confused. He always has time for me? Hmm that is weird. Up until this point he had barely enough spoke a word to me and now he is telling me that he can always make some time for me. She shrugged it off as him just trying to be nice or something along those lines.

Then she read the next two messages and she became even more confused. They were best friend so she would have thought that they talked on a daily basis regardless if they had been busy or not. She began to type back a reply.

Syd4u: I have no idea how Roger's been to be honest. I figured you still talked to him on a daily basis. No we aren't together anymore. We broke up like um about 6 or so months ago
Syd4u: Well yeah I guess that is life with being busy and all. It happens.

Roger and Sydney had a very rough relationship so she was kind of glad to be in a new relationship with a good guy but she could never let Roger know that she had found someone new. It was just something that she thought he would be upset about.

nk

OOC: Wow. I can't believe I made you wait this long. My apologies.

---

“Six months ago...?” Leon questioned out loud as he recalled what Roger had said. Didn't he say it was about a month ago? Leon quickly opened up his previous chat log with Roger and scrolled up for a second before seeing exactly what he'd been looking for. Now that was weird. Sure, he hadn't been on the up and up about their relationship but either someone wasn't getting their facts straight or he'd just been lied to. He preferred to think of it as just being a simple mistake but a month and SIX months were a big difference. A VERY big difference.

Leonidas: You guys broke up? Man, I thought you two would've been together forever. XD
Leonidas: On another note, did you guys really break up six months ago? It didn't really seem like it.

Or at least didn't seem like it to him. Then again like he'd said, he hadn't really kept track of their relationship and to be perfectly honest it wasn't something he wanted to really be update on ya know? Yet now, he was kind of regretting his actions now. The last thing he wanted to believe was that Roger or Sydney was lying to him, but what confused him more was for what reason would they or either of them for that matter, lie to him?

It just didn't make sense.

AAA111

(Aww don't apologize. It is fine. You have a life and whenever you get free time is fine. No biggie) .

Sydney read over the messages groaning as she thought to herself about the date. She looked at her calendar and agreed that it was six months ago because he broke it off the day before her birthday. She remembered that because it was a real traumatizing and hard experience for her. She thought that Roger made everything was all goody goody and was sure he somehow made it look like she broke up with him when in all reality he broke up with her.
Syd4u:Yes we are done.
Syd4u: WE didn't break up. HE broke up with me. Kind of a difference.

That part had a little bit of an attitude in it but she didn't really care at this point.
Syd4u: Yes I am sure it was 6 months ago because HE broke up with me the day before my birthday.

She was still very hurt and damaged from the break-up so she still has an attitude about it all when it comes to their relationship and Roger over all. It frustrated her to no end.

nk

Leon typed his fingers on his keyboard as he sat in complete silence for a good minute. His eyes were cast downwards and he looked to be deep in thought as the steady drumming of his fingers echoed through his room until being interrupted by a rapid whirlwind of keystrokes.

Leonidas: Hey. How about we continue this over lunch? I'm sorta hungry.
Leonidas: Mind meeting me at the usual spot?
Leonidas: You can get your favorite.

The messages sat there on his screen for a few seconds until a fourth smaller message suddenly popped up.

Leonidas: My treat.

If she accepted, he'd type that he'd meet her there, grab his jacket, toss on a pair of shoes and be on his way. If she wasn't up for it though, he figured he'd just pick up the conversation where they left off. He really preferred the latter for a lot of reasons all of which were unfortunately selfish, yet he wanted to make sure. A lot of relationships were ruined due to assumptions. Leon merely didn't want to become apart of a statistic. 

AAA111

As she read the messages she sort of laughed and grunted to herself. She had absolutely no idea why this conversation is something that would need to be continued for lunch.
Syd4u: Umm well I guess so.
Syd4u: I just don't understand why this is something that needs to be discussed. He is out of my life. I'm done.
Syd4u:I'm just not sure why the hell it matters. I'm so over everything with regard to him.

She clicks send as she sits back and groans as she rubs her head in prior exhaustion and annoyance. She does not understand anything that is going on at this point in time with regard to Leon and Roger.

nk

Leonidas: I'm assuming that's a yes? =D

Leon grinned as he typed the message. He hoped she'd get the humor in it but decided to clarify just case she didn't.

Leonidas: In case you didn't know, I was kidding above. But seriously though, I wasn't planning to talk to you about Roger. Well actually, that's a lie. I kind of was going to ask you pertaining to it, but it's just something I'm curious about. But it's fine if you ain't hungry. More for me I guess ^_^. Still though, I thought you weren't busy? Not busy and can't even squeeze in time for a quick lunch with a friend. >_<. Guess that shows how much I mean to you as a friend eh? D:

Was he trying to guilt trip her?

Kind of.

But he doubted it was going to work.

This was definitely turning into an upward battle. Then again, he sort of knew it would be when he started it. Another thing to take into consideration was the fact that he apparently was being kept from the truth. Roger was his best friend and he would've trusted the guy with his life, yet he was the only person he knew who was unreadable to him. A lot of people seemed to wear their emotions on their sleeves which made them really easy to read, yet even with being able to read people, people who were impulsive or headstrong was always unpredictable to Leon.

But moving back onto the topic. Given Sid's answers, Leon now at least had accomplished one task. Now all he needed to do was to satisfy his own curiosity. Course, Roger wasn't going to be happy with how Sid felt about him, but Leon didn't feel obliged to do anymore until he got the 'whole picture'.

AAA111

She groaned as she read the message. She was the kind of girl that was VERY VERY EASILY guilt-tripped into doing thing, which definitely had its negatives. She was a very easy-going, sweet, kind girl and that also had its downfalls at times too. She was definitely different than all the rest of the girls that Roger had previously dated. She was a sweet, kind, not at all conceited, down to earth, fun girl.

Syd4u:It is a yes. Even though to be completely honest with you we were never really that close of friends but I do have time for some lunch.

She clicked send as she covered her face and shook her head not having any idea what he was up to. She thought that it was just a nice guy being just that. She was also an extremely naive person and sometimes she was very easily able to be tricked. She was too kind for her own good at times or so she had been told.

Syd4u: So um I guess I'll see you soon then?
Syd4u: If you want to talk about our relationship why don't you just ask Roger.
Syd4u:Oh wait never mind that. He would just lie to you like he did throughout the course of our entire relationship .He is good at it. That should have been his major in college. Lying.

She was severely annoyed with Roger and had enough of his crap that she did not care anymore what he thought of her and how they ended it. She was so over it all.

nk

Leonidas: Yeah yeah, but it doesn't hurt to be friendly does it? Anywho, I'll see ya there.

Leon left Sid's questions unanswered as he slipped on his shoes and tucked his keys in his pockets. As Sid's first message played back through his mind, Leon smiled softly and chuckled as he locked the door to his apartment.

“Not close friends huh?” He muttered sadly.

Sure, he'd only hung out with her when Roger happened to bring her along but those times were few and far apart. If anything, she was little more than an acquittance to him. Of all the times they'd hung it, it had mostly been at a small joint where they socialized a little with each other while grabbing a bite. It was pretty low class, but what did you expect? It wasn't as though they were rolling in dough.

AAA111

Syd4u: Yeah I guess it doesn't hurt. I'll see you soon.

She changes her away message. "Things are so weird..out to lunch with a friend? TEXT :-)"

She flips on her flip flops, grabs her purse, and grabs her car keys and heads out to her car to their "usual" joint. On the car ride over she thinks about everything and she wonders what this talk is going to be about and how it is going to proceed. She is a little worried but all that she can do is hope for the best. She is hoping this isn't a trick by Roger to just see her.

She gets to their meeting place and she finds a table as she sits down. Wearing a pair of jean capris and a pink tank top with her black purse and her black flip flops. The weather is extremely warm for it being the end of october. But then again they were in Florida and of course the weather is gorgeous all year round.

AAA111

(Haven't heard from you in awhile so I was wondering if you weren't interested or what not. If not that is fine too. just checking)