Old World of Darkness Game: The Isle of Avalon

Started by Sabriel, September 23, 2011, 07:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadavar

Quote from: Senti on October 03, 2011, 04:00:35 AM
Cadavar and I are coming up with something together, likely cousins though act more like brother and sister. Fianna if thats ok?

Oh yes indeed and their pants will not fall off if left together in a room. Ideas for images for them might include:

Mark Cooper

Morag Fyfe

More details to follow from either myself or senti. they maybe scarification of them both which will be added later before story begins.

Senti

We are looking at a Galliard and a raggie...and they will be like siblings that argue all the time.

We could of course play two old ladies....

Cadavar

Quote from: Senti on October 03, 2011, 05:15:33 AM
We are looking at a Galliard and a raggie...and they will be like siblings that argue all the time.

We could of course play two old ladies....

...that are obsessed with things that cost £1000s?

Sabriel

I haven't fully looked over your character yet Muse since some things stuck out to me straight away which well are a bit puzzling.

Why have you got a rank 2 and a rank 3 gift  :P 

QuoteCadavar and I are coming up with something together, likely cousins though act more like brother and sister. Fianna if thats ok?

Yes that is fine Senti.

QuoteWe could of course play two old ladies....

No, old ladies are reserved they may only be Fomori, Demonic horrors, Creepy long fingered Nosferatu, Rokea or Pooka.

Quote...that are obsessed with things that cost £1000s?

Don't you dare  :P

Senti

'But nothings free theese days..."

I expect it will cost a pretty penny for the red hair..."

"And the claws wont come cheap..."

"And you will pay extra for the coat..."

"I would say you would not get much change from a thousand points..."

"A thousand points..."

Muse

Quote from: Sabriel on October 03, 2011, 07:19:45 AM
I haven't fully looked over your character yet Muse since some things stuck out to me straight away which well are a bit puzzling.

Why have you got a rank 2 and a rank 3 gift  :P 

I understood we were building for rank 2? 

:)  If not, I can certainly put those points to other use.  :) 

Name the spirit is a Rank 3 gift for Lupus, but learned as a Theurge it's a Rank 2 gift. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Any other people looking at vampires yet?  Or is it all werewolves?

If it's all werewolves, which auspices are left?  I may have to just hop into that.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Senti

AndyZ

Double-checking, all auspices are grabbed.  I'll just hope more vampire players show up.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Sabriel

Quote from: Muse on October 03, 2011, 07:43:40 PM
I understood we were building for rank 2? 

:)  If not, I can certainly put those points to other use.  :) 

Name the spirit is a Rank 3 gift for Lupus, but learned as a Theurge it's a Rank 2 gift.

Indeed yes that is quite true, although I did not say to make Rank 2 characters I mentioned that I may allow characters to start nearer to it or perhaps already be such. 

What is the concept for your character too ? Because a wolf that wanted to fly seams more like a Uktena Ragabash thing to me  :P  It would help if I knew a bit more about the idea since the sheet at the moment kind of seams a bit strange for a Theurge even a Lupus one, what would be the characters derangement also as a Silver Fang ?   

Is there a particular reason why the character has got athletics and brawl of 4 ?  That seams a bit of a peculiar thing for a Theurge to focus upon and at creation is there a reason for it with the concept or such or is it based on just being a lupus.  Because I don't think being a wolf from birth equates to such high scores in athletics and brawl, I am getting the idea of this crazy wolf who is spending most there time practicing brawling and athletic ability. 

QuoteDouble-checking, all auspices are grabbed.  I'll just hope more vampire players show up.

Feel free to make up a Garou instead if you with AndyZ, if there is not enough players to do the split thing I will change the setting anyway.  Where I do the story and its set is not so important I have other ideas and well this one would be a bit pointless without the vampire side there also, I may as well make it just a Garou focused game if it comes to it and I can still go with the Island idea if people wish ill just have to change some of the themes a bit maybe hehe.

grovercjuk

I am going with an ahroun and will get my sheet up hopefully tomorrow.

Senti

Not an old Lady grover...you know you want to...

We could have a pack of them...

(Damn that has set my head going for a very wrong game...)

(Grover I expect you will pay extra for the full moon....

and the glory wont come cheap

and those gifts...

Nothing's free these days...)

OK stepping away from the PC I promise to behave.

ShadowWalker

Are you still accepting players for the Werewolf side?

If so, questions:

What Auspices are currently represented, and which are you still accepting (i.e are you accepting multiple characters of the same Auspice?)

I would like to play a Silver Fang-- how much Tribal detail from the Tribebooks will be applicable, as in would you run Tribal Camps, or for Silver Fangs, Houses and Lodges? If so, what Houses would be available for play for a Silver Fang concept?

Any restricted Backgrounds or Merits/Flaws?

~ShadowWalker
Been salivating over this game since I started the approval process... :-P

Sabriel

I am still accepting concepts yes, I don't mind allowing an extra auspice either although I will only allow 6 Garou at most.

At the moment there are proposed concepts for all the auspice, but I think the is likely room for another of one of the auspices at least.

I would probably allow a character from one of the tribal camps our houses/lodges, but they may not feature much in the game if the setting remains as it is so it would be more of a character thing.  It would really depend upon the concept really id not outright say no to any of them, if it makes sense to the character and won't cause problems Ive not problem with those things being part of the character.

With Backgrounds and Merits/Flaws I am not restricting any of the bat, I will just judge them upon the character concept, but well basically try to be sensible and follow the standard restrictions. No Bone Gnawers with resources etc, no silly flaws like a Phobia of Jelly babies.

AndyZ

Quote from: Sabriel on October 06, 2011, 12:17:57 PM
I am still accepting concepts yes, I don't mind allowing an extra auspice either although I will only allow 6 Garou at most.

At the moment there are proposed concepts for all the auspice, but I think the is likely room for another of one of the auspices at least.

I would probably allow a character from one of the tribal camps our houses/lodges, but they may not feature much in the game if the setting remains as it is so it would be more of a character thing.  It would really depend upon the concept really id not outright say no to any of them, if it makes sense to the character and won't cause problems Ive not problem with those things being part of the character.

With Backgrounds and Merits/Flaws I am not restricting any of the bat, I will just judge them upon the character concept, but well basically try to be sensible and follow the standard restrictions. No Bone Gnawers with resources etc, no silly flaws like a Phobia of Jelly babies.
Bone Gnawers are actually banned from taking Ancestors, Pure Breed or Resources.  A number of tribes have some restrictions.

Although I know what I'm apt to take if I ever get a phobia.

Senti

Can Morag have a fear of socks?...or Old ladies :P

ShadowWalker

Awesome; would you like character concepts here in thread, by PM, or some other method?

Roughly I am thinking a Silver Fang Homid Philodox of House Austure Howl, probably Moon Lodge. While part of the pack, part of his reason for coming to the Isle would be to find a safe haven from the persecution of House Gleaming Eye, if you'd be interested in running some elements of the Red Jack storyline from the British setting material for Werewolf. I can provide details in my background if you'd like.

What are the other Werewolf concepts in the works? How would we be coming together as a pack, or will that be covered in roleplay?

AndyZ

I'm starting to prep a Lupus Theurge Uktena idea.  I'm not sure if the Theurge slot is open, and I'll step down if it isn't, but I'd like to have some sort of backup if we really can't get the Vampire stuff going.

If anyone still around is looking at the Theurge, please inform me as soon as possible.

Kirinis

Which clans haven't been represented yet?  Currently flirting with concepts that can be reslotted into different clans.

AndyZ

Quote from: Kirinis on October 06, 2011, 01:43:45 PM
Which clans haven't been represented yet?  Currently flirting with concepts that can be reslotted into different clans.

So far the only player for Vampire has a Toreador.  Please recruit more vamp people if you can.

Sabriel

Quote from: AndyZ on October 06, 2011, 12:26:16 PM
Bone Gnawers are actually banned from taking Ancestors, Pure Breed or Resources.  A number of tribes have some restrictions.

Yeah I am well aware of all the tribal restrictions that is what I was referring too with my example after all, I just did not see the point of listing every restriction for every tribe since they are listed in the book.  Those are simply the only restrictions I have at present ill judge everything else on concept and how it may effect the game.

Quote from: Kirinis on October 06, 2011, 01:43:45 PM

The only present person wishing to play a vampire that I am aware of is AndyZ, if there is not enough vampire interest or players I will simply do it as a Garou game as that seams where most of the interest actually is.

So presently only a Toreador is represented.

Quote from: ShadowWalker on October 06, 2011, 12:52:08 PM
Awesome; would you like character concepts here in thread, by PM, or some other method?

Roughly I am thinking a Silver Fang Homid Philodox of House Austure Howl, probably Moon Lodge. While part of the pack, part of his reason for coming to the Isle would be to find a safe haven from the persecution of House Gleaming Eye, if you'd be interested in running some elements of the Red Jack storyline from the British setting material for Werewolf. I can provide details in my background if you'd like.

What are the other Werewolf concepts in the works? How would we be coming together as a pack, or will that be covered in roleplay?

The idea for your concept could work perhaps id have to know more about it first really to tell, I mean it depends what sort of involvement you wish with the House, I won't actually be allowing any sort of Wyrm tainted characters from creation and well any such character is not liable to function well in the story from the get go. So depending on the actual idea of the concept it may work, although I will not be likely to be involving anything at all to do with the Red Jack storyline and if I did it would not likely be based upon any material storyline.   

You may have different reasons to come to the Island yourself and not be apart of the pack, you may then meet and join up with them there perhaps. Reasons can easily be worked out amongst the players and me I am sure, I am more than happy to help with that and the reason alone given sounds like a fair one. 

Well the pack is likely to be coming together for a purpose, each having specific reasons to travel to the island or simply tasked with doing so. They may feel some peculiar pull to go there may have some odd visions of dreams that place them there, or another Garou or spirit may have tasked them with seeking the place out and seen it themselves.  Basically the pack will either be pre formed and know each other or formed for the purpose of going to the island, there will be a main purpose for them of discovering what is going on there and if there is still Kinfolk, Garou a Caern etc there perhaps even figuring out why the place seams veiled to mortals.  We can work that out before play and even play out the forming/meeting of the pack if need be, or go from the point of them arriving at the island if some aren't a part of the pack immediately it probably make sense that they may join upon the island anyway unless they want to be packless.

Concepts should be posted in here really, and well rather than me repeating myself and such it probably be easier just to look up and see the presently proposed character concepts, since me describing them each in a few words is probably not the most apt way of summing them up.  So far the is one of each auspice and a few of the tribes represented.

Quote from: Senti on October 06, 2011, 12:29:01 PM
Can Morag have a fear of socks?...or Old ladies :P

No  -_-

Muse

*bow*  Thank you for giving us this marvelous opportunity, Sabriel. 

I'm starting up a new game soon.  I'd feel I wasn't giving either it or you the attention you deserved if I was spread too think.  Since you have so many applicants, I'll graciously step aside.  Good luck, everyone, and I hope you don't mind if I peak in for a lurk some time.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

I noticed that nobody's discussed a pack totem yet.  Anyone have suggestions thataway?

ShadowWalker

So our list of packmembers so far as I can tell:

Uktena Philodox (Homid?) -- Miyu
Fianna(?-- pictures look awfully Fianna...) Galliard and Ragabash (Homids?) (Cadaver and Sentai-- which is which?).
Uktena Theurge Lupus -- AndyZ
Child of Gaia / Ahroun / ( Breed?) -- Grover
Silver Fang Philodox Homid -- ShadowWalker

(Muse bowed out)

Excepting the Uktena, most of these are fairly 'stock' British Tribes.

Maybe Stag, then, particularly if there is a faerie element to the island?

Fog could be another good one, given the island's background.

Maybe Fox? Fox could have some sort of 'bolt hole' through the weirdness that surrounds the island.

Other totem ideas? Would Sabriel prefer to pick our Totem?

Who would be Pack Alpha? That may help us figure out how the pack comes together. The Alpha could have recruited the pack.

I will try to get my concept/sheet up later today.

~ShadowWalker

Senti

Yes they are Fianna, Senti is the raggie and the wicked child is the Galliard.