Interest Check - Me and My Monster/Me and My Human

Started by Idlewyld, August 09, 2014, 06:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyGirl

Hmm...well would it be possibly to play a gaueko?

The gaueko is a spirit of the night in Basque mythology, and it can appear in the form of the wind or a huge wolf (and I figure it might as well be able to transform into a human too, if it can do all that). It warns against humans going out at night, especially if they profess to be brave in doing so. It reportedly devours humans who don't heed its warnings.

If I could play as a hermaphrodite gaueko that is very androgenous or slightly more masculine, like this:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/52d48ccfc4c144a247c99d70e271f92b/http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/baybag/top_model_aj.jpg[spolier]

I would love that. But I worry that it would be hard to find a partner for my monster (I'd like a male companion). I would be willing to play as a human partner for someone else's monster in exchange, though XD

Kunoichi

Quote from: Idlewyld on August 12, 2014, 05:14:53 PM
The manticore is certainly doable. The succubus hive might take a little bit of tweaking to keep game balance. Also, considering the monster-human ratio seen so far, I'm thinking that players would probably have to make one of each, much as Kunoichi suggested earlier.

Like I said, whether or not I'd be able to do it depends on the rules we'd be using.  The default rules for Monsters and Other Childish Things can handle it pretty easily, but with the variant rules I suggested you could use over PMs, it would be rather more difficult.  To give a brief demonstration of what the default rules can do (and anyone who wants to get a decent idea of what the numbers mean can click here for the quick-start rules)...

QuoteName: An Orgy of Succubi
Appearance: Much like a group of pigeons is called a flock, a group of wolves is called a pack, or a group of crows is called a murder, a group of succubi is often called an orgy, for reasons which should hopefully be obvious.  Of course, unlike simple animals, when demons group up and travel around as a singular unit, they tend to actually form up into and act as a singular unit, their minds networking together through fiendish mental ability into a single, powerful hive mind...
Favorite Thing: Turns out many succubi are big fans of professional wrestling.  Who knew?

1-4 The Fiendish Flash-Mob 10d (Attack [fangs and claws and horns, oh my!], Defend [masochism], Useful [can detach individual demons to go do things], Useful [strength in numbers], Useful [dozens of heads are better than one], Gnarly x3, Tough x3)

5-6 Long, Lovely Legs 4d (Attack [STAMPEDE!], Useful [things that a large crowd of regular human legs are useful for], Awesome x2, Area x3)

7-8 Many Different Types of Wings 6d (Useful [flight], Useful [while carrying other people], Useful [our wings will blot out the sun!], Awesome x2, Wicked Fast x2)

9-10 Assorted Naughty Bits 4d (Useful [a sexy distraction], Useful [can pull a variety of handy items from places best left unmentioned], Attack [steal your soul], Useful [and turn you into a loyal zombie minion], Useful [and I guess put your soul back in later if they have to?], Awesome x2)

The system is pretty flexible, as far as monster creation goes. ^^ You just have to add the right descriptors onto things and use the right extras.

EdwardShane

whoah wait, we're turning this into a system game instead of doing it freeform?

Kunoichi

Quote from: EdwardShane on August 12, 2014, 09:50:19 PM
whoah wait, we're turning this into a system game instead of doing it freeform?

Idlewyld said he'd be using a system right at the end of the opening post. ^^; He was originally planning on coming up with his own custom system, but is currently looking into adapting an existing system for his needs.

EdwardShane

Ohhhh I must have missed that  >.<  Derp.

Well....normally I don't go for system based games outside of RL tabletop stuff, but I guess I can give it a try still.  I definitely prefer freeform though, and am unused to doing systems on a forum site.  ^^"  So hopefully I won't be a nuisance in the fact I won't know much of anything at all.

Kunoichi

Don't worry, I don't think most people are familiar with the system the GM is looking into for this game.  I certainly hope that that doesn't wind up scaring them off, though. ^^;

EdwardShane

Well, I plan to stick around regardless, especially if we're using the system you proposed.  I've gotten attached to working with this system already, it's simple and fun lol

Idlewyld

The system's pretty simple. And fun, though again, I'll have to make a few workarounds to fit into what I had in mind. The Gaueko fits fairly easily into the genre - being hermoaphrodytic may cause you a few problems finding someone to partner with, but if you're careful with people's O&O's, you'll probably be able to manage. I think I'll be able to make the succubi storm work as well, though I think that may take a little one-one-one time between me and Kunoichi to work it out.

At this point, I'm working on the system, but I should be near done. Then I'll run it by Kunoichi for advice and then if that works, I'll officially open the game.

Teo Torriatte

Idlewyld

Quote from: Luna on August 13, 2014, 03:46:28 PM
Is there still room for a monster?

At this point, we're wide open. Although as stated before, unless I suddenly get tons of responses (over 10), I'm going to ask all players to make two characters each: one monster and one human. Otherwise, I get the distinct feeling that all the humans in the game would be NPC's (And besides the whole fun is the interaction between monster and human...)

SammyGirl

Like I said, I'm more than willing to be the human partner for someone's monster in exchange for a partner for mine XD

(but I'm afraid my request might be too much, considering that my monster is a very androgynous hermaphrodite...) I can play either a male or female human, though, if that's any incentive.

Kunoichi

I'd certainly be more than happy to be the male human partner to your monster. ^^

SmilingFox

I'm happy to play as a human partner to any sort of monster, female or hermaphroditic. I'm not sure what kind of monster to play as, if I make one, so if anyone has anything specific they want to partner with, let me know.

SammyGirl

Oh yay!!!! Looks like my monster might get a partner after all! I'm gonna call him Garai, which means "Conquerer" in the Basque language. (And I'm gonna just refer to my monster as 'him' even though it's actually both male and female. It sounds nicer than 'it')

As for my human character, if I play a female, she'll be very strong and probably bossy and demanding, but secretly insecure. If I play a man, he'll probably be quiet and gentle but protective and fierce when it comes to defending what he believes in. If that interests anyone, then yay!

EdwardShane

I can play a male or female human.  I can roll either way, with either M/F or F/F relationships.  I have yet to decide personalities and such for the genders, but I'll figure it out.

SammyGirl

Oh, yes! Shane reminded me. I play M/F mostly, but I also love M/M.

Biles

Quote from: Kunoichi on August 11, 2014, 04:38:17 PM
Now we just need to stick it in a maid uniform.

Especially if it looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger. :P
Or in a sailor schoolgirl outfit O_O

In anycase, I want in. I could potentially play two characters, one a monster, a phallic worm ready to bond with anyone willing to play as a femboy, shemale, or a futanari. :3, and/or as a futanari human.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Teo Torriatte

I am mainly interested in playing a monster, some kind of monstergirl or at least something vaguely female in appearance. I am also more than willing to play a human for someone else's monster if it's decided that is a requisite.

Biles

Quote from: Luna on August 15, 2014, 12:52:30 PM
I am also more than willing to play a human for someone else's monster if it's decided that is a requisite.
Like a futa? :3
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

Idlewyld

OK - Here's the altered rules as I have them. They are a work in progress and as such, subject to change. But please take this as your invitation to begin making characters. For now, I'll need everyone to make one human and one monster.

Characters
Each player in the game will make two characters - one human and one monster. The basic system we are using is Monsters and Other Childish Things. You can download the basic rules for free from this site: http://www.rpgnow.com/product/91119/Monsters-and-Other-Childish-Things-QuickPlay-Guide?term=monsters+and+other+childish+things .
Human characters will start with 15 points of stats and skills each. Monsters have powers with 10 hit locations and five dice per location (see below). Ignore relationships as we are going to be using a completely different set of metrics for that..

Character Template
Name:
Age: (All characters are assumed to be in the first year of college)
Race:
Bio:
Personality (Should include O&O's):

(Humans only)
Stats and Skills (See Monsters and Other Childish Things for details)

(Monsters Only)
Powers (See below)
Snugel-Bonnie Affinity:
Weakness:

Monster Powers:
Every monster has a total of 10 hit locations, and each one assigned to a body part gives it 5 dice.  Each body part starts out with one free ability (the abilities being Attack, Defend, and Useful,) and additional abilities and extras can be purchased at a rate of 1 die per ability or extra added.  Useful abilities can be accessed for free, but to activate attack and defense abilities, a monster must spend points from his or her power pool.
Monster Power Extras:
Area - A basic area of effect extra that applies to both Attack and Useful abilities.  Each level of this power that you buy increases the radius of the effect, as well as the number of dice you roll when determining how many body parts are affected by the ability.

Awesome - A nifty little extra.  Taking it once allows you to set aside a die from the dicepool of the part it's on and set it to any number you want before rolling.  Essentially, it acts like a free called shot in the system that the game uses.  Taking it twice allows you to set the die after you roll, thus allowing you to guarantee that you'll always get at least one set when you roll.

Burn - Damage over time.  The default interpretation for this is that it sets things on fire, but you can also use it to model things like acid, poison, or swarms of killer bees.

Gnarly - Each level of Gnarly adds a point of damage to any successful attack.

Sharing - This extra allows you to share the body part's abilities with your human partner, though you can't use that body part while your human has it.

Spray - Take this ability, and any time you roll multiple sets on the body part it's on, you can use all of the sets that you roll, rather than having to pick just one.  If you have multiple body parts with Spray, you can use them in combination with each other if you roll multiple sets, without suffering the usual penalties for taking multiple actions.

Tough - Each level of Tough knocks a point of damage off the body part whenever it gets hit.

Wicked Fast - Each level adds a point to the width of any successful rolls on a body part, but only for the purposes of determining which action takes place first.  In another game that uses the same basic system as this one, this ability was called 'Go First', which I think describes what the extra does a little better.

The Snugel-Bonnie Effect
A key aspect of the game is you and your partner's Snugel-Bonnie score. There are actually three components to this.
Snugel-Bonnie Points: This is a measure of your human-monster relationship. Depending on if a monster pursues more than one human, (s)he may have more than one in the beginning, but sooner or later you should find yourself with just one partner. Snugel-Bonnie points are awarded by the human of the pair subject to GM Veto. In short, if the monster's actions result in a display of affection by the human in his/her post, the human should post a number of points awarded when (s)he display's the affection. (Remember, affection isn't only physical - consider the classic example of the girl making a bento lunch for her love interest.) Usually one point will be awarded, though some more appreciable actions may earn two, and acts such as saving the human's life, especially at cost to the monster may earn three. The GM may reduce your Snugel-Bonnie score based on either a) Awkward situations (i.e. being caught with another human), or b) Damage to humans from Big Bads.

Snugel-Bonnie Dice Pool: Each day, a monster earns a number of dice for dice pool use equal to his current Snugel-Bonnie Point level. The dice in these pools can be accumulated, since you'll probably need a lot of them to take on a Big Bad. If your human chooses to provide affection or care in a manner that involves the monster's affinity, the daily number of dice earned that day is doubled.
Snugel-Bonnie Level: A human-monster relationship has a level based on the number of points. For every level gained starting with 2nd, a monster may add 10 points worth of abilities or extras to his or her powers and a human can add 10 points to stats and skills or gain an ability of his or her own.

Level 1: Friendship (1-20 points) The human and monster generally regard each other as friends, although that doesn't mean that they don't argue - the opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy. At this level, there is no point penalty for awkward situations. The human and monster simply don't feel strongly enough about each other for jealousy to have a physical effect.

Level 2: Romantic Tension (21-60 points) At this point, everyone except the human and monster themselves know something is going on. Suddenly they give each other shy glances. Blushing becomes much more common. One partner's opinion on the other's appearance seems to have importance. Outings together seem more like dates. At this point, an awkward situation will cause a Snugel-Bonnie penalty.

Level 3: Boyfriend/Girlfriend (61-120 points) Usually (though not necessarily) entry into level three is marked with the pair's first kiss. At this point, however, the relationship between the two is acknowledged as being much more than just friends. Awkward situations cause double penalties.

Level 4: Going Steady (121-200 points) It is at about level four that the two start sleeping with each other, though again, this is only a general guideline. At any rate, feelings for each other run deep and strong. Awkward situations are now at triple penalties.

Level 5: A Love for the Ages (201+ points) At this point, the two are basically bonded for life. Proposals of marriage are not unheard of. Awkward situations are at quintuple penalties and would probably touch off the apocalypse anyway...

Powers and Abilities
To activate an attack or defense ability, a monster must spend a number of points from his or her pool equal to the number of dice he intends to roll in his pool (up to the maximum listed on his power.)

Combat Changes
After a human loses all of her dice in one of his or her five Stats, or a monster in one of her body party, any further hit in that location results in a Perverted Attack on the human. Damage taken in the attack lowers the Snugel-Bonnie score between the human and his or her monster. As stated in the rules, monsters are incapacitated when they lose all their dice in two locations.

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: Biles on August 15, 2014, 02:02:39 PM
Like a futa? :3

I don't play futas very often, but if your idea includes your phallic worm getting nice and cozy in some hot little futa's backside, I could totally go for that.  :-)

Biles

I didn't know this was going to be an all-systems RP x_x I must've missed the post or something. I'm only good at freeform I'm afraid. -_-
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

EdwardShane

I've only really ever done freeform myself...but I'm more than willing to give a system based game a shot, because I really am interested in this.  Here are my character submissions!  Let me know if I need to change anything!

Name: Zenobia
Race: Manticore
Appearance:

Personality (Should include O&O's):  Zenobia is surprisingly level headed, and quite intelligent despite misconceptions based on what she is and how strong her kind tend to be.  Despite that, if someone or something does actually manage to piss her off, it tends to be explosive and destructive enough to compare to those of berserker rages.  She is also slightly sadistic, and can be ruthless/cruel at times.  However, for those who have earned her trust and care, her loyalty is absolute and she will do everything in her power to not let those people down and keep them safe.  She typically expresses her feelings through actions rather than words when she does show them, though if one were to be good at reading emotions through eye contact, what she feels would be clear as day all the time.  Her favorite thing, surprisingly, shows that the saying "Music can soothe the savage beast" does apply to Zenobia.  However, this is only true with 80's music, really.  Stuff like Styx, Journey, Bon Jovi, Pat Benatar, Michael Jackson, MC Hammer, and so on, and so forth.  There are, of course, some 80's songs she's not fond of, but for the most part she adores it.  She doesn't really like any other era, but never play anything from the 60's around her.  She will likely break whatever is playing the music, possibly by using the responsible party's face.

As for ons and offs, please see my O/O's page for the basics.  Beyond that, she is straight and very much enjoys using the fact that her venom has an alternate effect on humans, (see below in stats) as well as the fact her tail actually can open up and have fun in other ways.  In fact, she will only use that method as opposed to spreading her legs, at least at first.  However, if a relationship goes on long enough, and she absorbs enough 'spiritual energy' through this means, her body will physically adapt to perfectly fit to her mate's shape and size, at which point normal intercourse will become beyond mind blowing for them both.  If and when that occurs, she will consider herself mated for life to the person.  She will potentially mark her claims using shallow scratches made by her claws, mixing pleasure with pain in the process.

Bio:  Zenobia's life, for a manticore, was fairly normal until the whole rift situation that spit her, among many other monsters, out onto the world known as Earth.  She managed to cope, adapting fairly well to her new environment and situation.  Even thriving in it, until that damn airborne mutagen was released.  She was displeased, to say the least, when everything she knew went to hell and everything she was and had always been perfectly capable of doing suddenly became reliant on being a recipient of willful kindness from humans.  She's still rather miffed about it, actually, but she has recently given up on trying to do things on her own, accepted that this is how things are going to be from here on out, and signed up to go to this stupid college that the humans set up for this sort of thing.  Of course, she's been having issues getting such kindness on a frequent basis, simply because she tended to make people feel uncomfortable when trying to get attention. With any luck, she'll manage to find people to work with properly at this place...

Powers: 1-2 Razor Claws -  5d (Attack [Rend, shred, tear!], Useful [Retractable, leaving hands and feet available for everyday use], Gnarly x4)

3-4 Sturdy Wings - 4d (Useful [Flying], Useful [Carry someone else], Defend [Dependant on if on the ground or airborne, Swat attacks away/Do a barrel roll!], Tough, Wicked Fast, Awesome x2)

5-7 Venemous, Spiky Tail - 9d (Attack [Venomous spines, melee rake or ranged volley], Useful [Venom only hurts monsters, causes extreme levels of lust in humans instead], Burn, Spray, Awesome x2, Tough)

8 Sharp Eyes and Ears - 3d (Useful [Enhanced vision and hearing], Awesome x2)

9-10  Shapely yet Powerful Body - 4d (Defend [Tank it like a boss!], Useful [Strength level is over 9000!], Attack [Power Overwhelming], Awesome x2, Tough x2)

Snugel-Bonnie Affinity: Physical Activities (Dancing, sports, sex, or just about anything else that involves physical exertion)

Weakness: While she is strong and tough, Zenobia is not necessarily very quick or agile.  Outmaneuvering her with speed and agility is possible, though flinging spikes from her tail can help her overcome that issue.  Past that, fire is something that can cause issues with her unless it's easily controlled (like on a stovetop or a properly made campfire).

Name: Trevor Valtarius
Race: Human
Appearance:

Bio: Trevor was a terribly abused child, and he still has some scars to show for it, especially on his hands.  His parents' favorite way of punishing him, whether he did anything wrong or not, was to hold his hands over an open stovetop flame.  While he eventually got away from them when neighbors finally took notice and called Child Protection Services, he has never fully recovered from the mental and physical stresses he went through as a child.   Concerning his hands, they have managed to heal in a way that leaves him still somewhat able to use them over time, though they are heavily scarred from the burns he had suffered over those years.  He wears gloves all the time to hide this fact.  He is also as skinny as a twig due to never eating as much as he should, has platinum blonde hair, and oceanlike blue eyes.  He sews all his own clothing, though usually these take the form of full body robes, (again, to keep abuse based scars hidden, as well as to make himself look less anorexic) much like what a mage might wear.

His quirks have made him a target more than anything, despite how intelligent he always has been.  Even when being bullied, he never really fought back, never tried to hurt anyone.  He simply attempted to mind his own business as much as possible, and get through school as quickly as possible.  It didn't take him overly long, and he actually had a master's degree with a focus on history by age 17.  However, with how the world was going with the whole monster situation, he felt like he wanted to help however he could.  Surely, even a large group of monsters might need someone who could play the role of strategist and tactician, right?  He found it rather easy to get in the school, being accepted shortly after his eighteenth birthday, though he had to wonder....would the people and monsters there treat him like everyone else had so far throughout his life?  The only way to find out was to attend.

Personality:  Trevor is nimble and extremely smart, but he is rather shy, somewhat frail in constitution, and overall not a very good fighter.  His favorite thing to do is to read.  It doesn't matter what the book is about, as long as it has lots of text.  Considering he's read encyclopedias, and coupled with his rather good memory, this has expanded his levels of knowledge quite high when coupled with his amazing memory.  What he lacks in physical capabilities, he more than makes up for with brilliance of mind.  He is a very kind and good person though, and would never go out of his way to cause anyone else harm.  However, his brilliant mind, among other quirks and things, have tended to attract bullies of all sorts throughout his life.  He will stand up for what he feels is right, even if it means he just winds up as the nail that sticks up the most.  Aside from that, he does his best to avoid getting in fights of any sort if he can help it.

As for ons and offs, please see my O/O's page for the basics.  He has no idea what he does and doesn't like yet, since he has never had sex before, much less thought a lot about it.

Stats and Skills

Feet - 3 (Dodging 2, Kicking 0, P.E. 2)
Guts - 2 (Courage 3, Wind 0, Wrestling 0)
Hands - 2 (Blocking 0, Punching 0, Shop 1, Sewing/Stitching 4)
Brains - 7 ( Notice 1, Out-think 1, Remember 1)
Face - 1 (Charm 0, Connive 0, Putdown 0)

Idlewyld

The characters are awesome! You can put them up in the OOC once I get it set up. However, by Weakness, I mean a specific weakness which causes her penalties - like light for a vampire or silver for a werewolf. All monsters have to have one.