Battletech 3145 - Recruitment (Open for recruitment)

Started by Blobbe, June 16, 2014, 07:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blobbe

All cool. The character looks fantastic and you're definitely approved.

I'm going to start work on the commander and maybe a couple of other filler NPCs. I'm also looking for ideas as to which section to put the game in (Light or Bondage) and any other ideas people might have.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on June 23, 2014, 08:32:13 PM
Oh that could create a fun dynamic. Stop glory hunting and help the team damn it! XD

The problem is that if your glory hunting ends up causing a mission failure, or even a mission success with otherwise-avoidable damage (aka repair fees), your odds of an 'unfortunate friendly fire' incident will spike dramatically. Like OrderNChaos said, the rogue/glory-seeker Mercs get weeded out very quickly in actual battle - if you can't coordinate and cooperate, you'll die to an enemy who can - and even surviving with that sort of reputation will mean no reputable unit will hire them on. Mercenaries literally have no one to depend on except their lance-mates, so a lance-mate who can't be trusted to be where they're supposed to be when you need them to be there becomes a worse-than-useless liability.

If the theme of the game is playing a 'green' or newly formed merc group, that sort of dynamic could work. But if we're supposed to be playing veterans and/or a unit that's been together for a while, a loose cannon would have been cut from the payrolls long ago.

Blobbe

In short - glory hog as much as you think you can get away with. After all, it's boring if everyone plays by the rules all the time. The secret is to know when to go wild and when being crazy will work.

Blobbe

Draft of your hot-as commander. Feedback appreciated!

Character

Name: Kari Moreno
Sex: Female
BattleMech: Black Knight
Homeworld: Galatea
Original Faction: Mercenary/Independent

Description: Kari cuts a striking figure; tall and attractive, she has long, firey red hair and deep blue eyes. She carries herself with a cool, professional demeanor, usually dressed in fatigues or the like to present the image of a professional commander. Underneath that, her limbs and parts of her body and back are covered in a colourful riot of tattoos, legacies of her younger days. However, when playing the part of the professional commander, she rarely lets them show.

Background: Born into a mercenary family, Kari was expected to carry on a family tradition that stretched back well over a century. The Morenos had been mercenaries one way or another for ages, sometimes leading units, sometimes as members of them in an unbroken line across generations. Raised around mercenaries and BattleMechs, Kari was learning to pilot and fight as soon as she was old enough to reach the controls, showing that she had an aptitude for the family profession. While she accepted this, she also decided to enjoy her life and do what she wanted with it as well, especially knowing the high turnover rate that the trade often attracted.

Things changed with the unexpected death of her father, and the ensuing evisceration of his unit. Inheriting half a command, Kari changed her life, determined to do her best for the people she now lead, making sure they would survive and not succumb to the seemingly inevitable fate of so many other mercenary command. She buckled down, redirecting her life and focusing on what she needed to do for her people and her unit, changing from the wild girl she had been to  a more serious and determined leader. Since then, she has put those skills to use, both on and off the battlefield.

Personality: Externally, Kari seems to be a professional, level-headed and serious commander, one with a strong drive to look after her unit and her people. On the battlefield, she is cool and collected, doing her best to adapt to the situation and respond as needed, as well as doing the best for her people. She wants the best for her people, and would not order any of them to do anything she is not prepared to do herself. At the same time, she also expects her men to carry their weight.

Off-duty and when around friends, Kari is a different person. Much more friendly and relaxed and definitely more open, she smiles, laughs and enjoys herself, showing more of her younger, more independent side.

Specialty Skills: Kari is an experienced commander and a good tactician, and has a fair grasp of the administrative side of running her command. She also can drink a lot.

BattleMech

Chassis:  Black Knight
Model: BL-12-KNT
Weight Class: Heavy
Callsign: Defiance
Description: Up close, Defiance’s age becomes apparent; the ‘Mech is pitted, battered and carries innumerable scars and signs of many repairs and even full rebuilds. The ‘Mech is currently painted in what would hypothetically be the unit’s colour scheme (but rarely actually applied), a mixture of tan and black with a bright orange trim.
Weapons: ER PPC, 2 Large Lasers, 4 ER Medium Lasers

Equipment: Targeting Computer

Background: Defiance is an ancient ‘Mech, one that has been around for centuries one way or another. It has been in Kari’s family for generations, and had passed through numerous hands before that. During its life, it has been battered, abused, crippled and rebuilt numerous times, each time managing to survive. Kari inherited the ‘Mech after her father’s death, and has maintained it as her ride of choice since.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: KaylaM on June 23, 2014, 09:52:45 PM
In short - glory hog as much as you think you can get away with. After all, it's boring if everyone plays by the rules all the time. The secret is to know when to go wild and when being crazy will work.

Or rather, feel free to be a glory hog as long as it doesn't put your team-mates in jeopardy (which is kinda the same thing, but with more implicit rear-armor headshots). You're like any other military unit, you just answer to whoever is paying the bills instead of a specific government. Most mercs are kinda crazy anyways, and a reputation for derring-do and awesome is a big plus on your resume. Being known as someone who disobeys orders and/or cannot function as part of a team is a big minus. Exceptions may apply - a lone-wolf who is also a godlike scout Mech pilot can get away with more than an Assault-mech formation anchor, since their job involves operating solo to begin with.

LordLuck

Hahahahahahah, I wondered when a Black Knight would come up!

She is, indeed, Hot-Ass. I think I love her already. XD Two-thumbs-Up.

Mourning.

TheGlyphstone

Unit commander is cool. Pity she's not packing a C3 Master Unit, though. ;D

Blobbe

OK, at this stage, we're looking pretty good. Obviously we're waiting on another couple of character write-ups, but that aside things are progressing fantastically.

I'm just going to take a moment to address unit structure and what I've worked out. I'm going for a traditional BattleMech company with some support, keeping it small and manageable.

Command lance will be (provisionally) Kari, Marco, Renegade Vile's character depending on what he pilots and a potential other PC or NPC

Strike Lance will be Allia, Sampson, Hiro and Allory IV (Or whatever he's called)

Recon Lance will be all NPCs

There will also be a lance of supporting VTOLs and a platoon (16 suits, 4 squads) of Battle Armour, all to be NPCed

Renegade Vile

Quote from: KaylaM on June 23, 2014, 06:31:49 PM
Same as all the Kuritans in the first game, maybe?

I'm not surprised by either having a larger number of players. The Lyrans are the way to go if you want big guns. The Kurita are the way to go if you want katanas strapped to a 'Mech (so to speak). Both are popular archetypes and you can do a lot with them. I'm surprised to not see a large number of Davions, though, since just like Clan Wolf, they're kind of the vanilla option that gives you a wide middle road, creatively.

Overall, I think that once TheGlyphstone and Renegade Vile get their characters done, we're good to go. I'm working on the NPC commander now, and maybe a few other unit fillers. Also I probably should think of a name for the unit, hmm...

I'll be posting the idea I have in my head after this post, and then I'll work on the actual profile; see what comes out.

Black Sun Company? It was the first thing that came to mind

Sounds good to me. Will always remind me of the Black Sun corporation in Anima: Beyond Fantasy, but there's nothing wrong with that *chuckles*.

Ok, looking over things; LordLuck, the character you've got there looks pretty good, and the unit could definitely use some heavy lifting, so an assault 'Mech would be grand (And to think, I was terrified that we'd be awash with them...). Also, yay for the Stormhammers! I still have a few of mine on display still. There are a couple of things though:

1) The Atlas III is a new-ish 'Mech, only debuting in 3110. True, it could be an heirloom by that point allready

2) Your weapons load is a bit off; the Atlas III has a RAC/2, Streak LRM-20, Streak SRM-6 and 4 Medium X-Pulse lasers. It also has a Guardian ECM Suite, Arm Shields and a Radical Heat Sink system, plus an armoured cockpit. Fix those up, and we're great to go.

I was afraid of everyone reaching for Assaults myself. But over the years I've learned that  lot of people, both tabletop and RPG wise, like to play around with the Mediums and Heavys.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 23, 2014, 07:09:48 PM
Johnny-come-lately. :) I got my start with Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries.

True, but I made up for that in subsequent years *smiles*. We can't all be veterans of life, you know!

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 23, 2014, 07:27:03 PM
No fair. I wasn't born yet. 8-)

EDIT: Mo serryous, but is anyone going to be sporting a C3 Master in their loadout? I'm stuck with a C3 Slave as part of my Blitzkreig's loadout.

I might put a C3 Master in my loadout, if possible. I'm going for a tactician/support vibe so it would work nicely. But details are pending.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 23, 2014, 08:04:05 PM
It's just a really big and heavy system, 'usually carried by heavy or assault mechs' both for that reason and because they can carry more armor to keep it intact while being shot at. I suppose someone might design a Medium (or even light) mech that did nothing but operate as a C3 Master Hub, but it would be a very fragile and valuable target, so not good tactical design.

You're crazy, right? That's exactly why the old Draconis Combine, and later the Clans, eventually got their asses kicked by the Inner Sphere military units and mercenary groups, because they were too focused on individual glory. When your life, health, and paycheck (not necessarily in that order) require success, and you've got a bunch of other guys at your flanks and rear in the same situation, damn right you're going to work together the best you possibly can. Loose-cannon-lone-wolf mercs quickly become smoking-crater-dead mercs.

Indeed. Draconis Combine pilots were individually very powerfulm especially after the Hidden Wars, but at the end of the day, you win wars through cooperation, not isolation. Many of the successful mercenary groups (like the aforementioned Wolf's Dragoons) were so successful because, despite disparity in members, they still fought as one and stuck together most of the time. Hotheads that go out on their own do not live long because, despite all the armor packed onto these 'Mechs, one good shot and you're still dead.
Keep your ass covered by a guy/girl who also has a vested interest in having you cover theirs, or things won't end well.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 23, 2014, 08:10:38 PM
And that is exactly how the Clans fought, bound by their weird version of battlefield honor that prioritized independence and personal glory, and it eventually spelled their doom.

Inner Sphere warriors and mercenaries are also honorable by the conventions of the day, but it's a much more pragmatic version of honor that still prioritizes victory.

Indeed. Offshoots of the Ares Conventions continue to exist "today" in the form of treaties and guidelines that take inspiration from it. Only the worst of scum do not follow some kind of code of war, and they are usually so hated they do not see much work, or get shot on sight. One of the biggest no-nos is tearing down factories and industrial zones of a place you're trying to conquer. Do that, and your own allies will be gunning for you, which results in demotion; if you're lucky.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 23, 2014, 09:42:45 PM
The problem is that if your glory hunting ends up causing a mission failure, or even a mission success with otherwise-avoidable damage (aka repair fees), your odds of an 'unfortunate friendly fire' incident will spike dramatically. Like OrderNChaos said, the rogue/glory-seeker Mercs get weeded out very quickly in actual battle - if you can't coordinate and cooperate, you'll die to an enemy who can - and even surviving with that sort of reputation will mean no reputable unit will hire them on. Mercenaries literally have no one to depend on except their lance-mates, so a lance-mate who can't be trusted to be where they're supposed to be when you need them to be there becomes a worse-than-useless liability.

If the theme of the game is playing a 'green' or newly formed merc group, that sort of dynamic could work. But if we're supposed to be playing veterans and/or a unit that's been together for a while, a loose cannon would have been cut from the payrolls long ago.

Exactly so. The costs of running even a single 'Mech are astronomical. A single failed mission might not be so bad, unless the failure was due to one or more 'Mech being severely damaged. It can bankrupt an entire company just trying to get those fixed up, or they have to tackle the next ticket with reduced strength, meaning a bigger chance at failure, meaning more damage, and it spirals on from there. Mercs know what's at stake; at least those who want to do the job well.

Ah, the Black Knight. One of my personal favorites. Always a good choice. And it's got lasers; much more affordable!

Quote from: KaylaM on June 24, 2014, 12:25:58 AM
OK, at this stage, we're looking pretty good. Obviously we're waiting on another couple of character write-ups, but that aside things are progressing fantastically.

I'm just going to take a moment to address unit structure and what I've worked out. I'm going for a traditional BattleMech company with some support, keeping it small and manageable.

Command lance will be (provisionally) Kari, Marco, Renegade Vile's character depending on what he pilots and a potential other PC or NPC

Strike Lance will be Allia, Sampson, Hiro and Allory IV (Or whatever he's called)

Recon Lance will be all NPCs

There will also be a lance of supporting VTOLs and a platoon (16 suits, 4 squads) of Battle Armour, all to be NPCed

I wouldn't mind playing the part of the Command Lance at all. What I'm going for is a mixture of support and coordination "Mech. I'm going to try and pick a model with some good long-range weaponry and excellent sensors suite, with perhaps a C3 to please those requesting it.

As a person, he won't be tank-bred, to remove the "unfair" advantages there, and I was hoping he could be part-tactician, part-financial expert. As a Sea Fox clanner, you'll be hard-pressed to find someone better at crunching the numbers. He's still a MechWarrior first, however.

I'll follow up with the profile.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

Renegade Vile

Character

Name: Damian Harper
Sex: Male
BattleMech: Ha Otoko-HR "Charybdis"
Homeworld: Alpha Aimag, Tiburon Khanate
Original Faction: Clan Sea Fox

Description

Damian has a very rough, masculine appearance. Never without a scruffy beard and black hair swept-back by strokes of his fingers, he has roguish looks that make him stand out among the norm. Soft green eyes compliment slightly tanned skin and his darker hair color. A life of battle has left its mark on his skin as callouses, scars and other minor blemishes are common, though not prevalent. He keeps himself in perfect shape, but retains a slender, if not broad-shouldered, body as he doesn't seem genetically inclined to a bulk frame at all. Despite this, he has a toned body, etched where needed. His age also shows as his constant furrowing of his brow has led to quite some wrinkles there, while his narrow eyes also hide a bit of weariness with his busy life. All-in-all, he looks like a thinker, a man whose gears in his head never seem to stop turning, while his countenance makes his somewhat untrustworthy.

Background

Damian was born to a Merchant-Caste father and Warrior-Caste mother of Clan Sea Fox aboard a vessel of the Alpha Aimag of the Tiburon Khanate. Mixed coupling is rare in the clans, but not non-existent. As a Freeborn, he was fortunate to have been raised in clan Sea Fox, where they are somewhat more lenient towards allowing those to join the Warrior-caste. After the scientists had determined his genetic makeup made him suitable for either of his parents' castes, his mother opted to induct him into the clan's warriors. Raised as a true Sea Fox warrior, he learned the values of both mercantilism and firing a big gun to solve problems. As with all Freeborn, he was treated with prejudice by the Trueborn, and looked down upon for his 'humble' heritage. Despite the setbacks and utter lack of opportunities to prove himself, Damian did rise the ranks somewhat, and was able to show his skills in front of several high-ranking officers on numerous occasions.

As the years passed, Damian had managed to net himself several promotions, even being allowed to serve on the first line during certain campaigns and battles. The primary factor in his success was his observed talents at small-scale tactics and coordination. It made him an extremely useful junior officer, most often put in charge of smaller collections of 'Mechs and their supporting ancillaries. The success would not hold, however, as a campaign against a group of locally funded mercenaries quickly went south.

Serving as Star Commander at the time, Damian found himself the target of resentful envy from his CO. During strategy meetings, the young Freeborn would often express his disagreements with the officer's plans and decisions, which reeked of underestimating their seasoned and entrenched enemies. He was disregarded every time, which each incident earning him further admonishment from the Trueborn present. Despite the gravity of the situation, Damian did not consider the inept command a reason to invoke a Trial of Refusal, and thus continued to follow orders and ignore the consequences. The tension reached fever pitch when a string of extremely poor decisions from the isolated CO resulted in the destruction of valuable strategic positions and the loss of several Points.

Outraged, Damian made it clear to the CO that he was going to bring his complaints up the chain of command, which would have resulted in the man's shaming, at the very least, execution at the worst. Fearful of the fact that Damian may have a case, and lacking witnesses who could disprove that the orders at the time had come from his lips, the officer preempted Damian and turned the Freeborn into his scapegoat. He claimed that the Star Commander had acted out of his own accord in a mix of panic and manipulative opportunism, and refused to heed his superior officer's orders, leading to the destruction that had the campaign end in failure.

Still at the small forward camp at the time, the news reached Damian's ears and knew he had little to no leg to stand on. Most of his allies who would have backed him up had died or were too distant to help at the time, and the CO had plenty of clout to legitimize his claims. Damian would be ejected from his caste for certain, even if he could drag it all out by attempting to prove his innocence. He had only two options: sit back and let his life be destroyed, or flee the ill-equipped base with his 'Mech, and never look back.

He chose the second.

Successfully departing from his clan, Damian proceeded to change his identity, scratching his real last name from any official documents he had, and taking on the name 'Harper'. Left with few other ventures to make end's meet, he joined up with several mercenary units before finally settling on Black Sun company. He had a very rocky start at the beginning, especially since he made no effort to hide his Clan origins. But, as time progressed, he proved his worth and if he did not win the friendship of his allies, he at the very least won their respect.

During his time in the service of clan Sea Fox, Damian had been married to a fellow Warrior-caste Freeborn. He had been one of the few blessed with a marriage that slowly grew to be more than merely a matter of producing progeny. He grew to love her as she did him, but after six years of marriage, he was forced to let her go when she grew ill. Without having fostered any children, his wife died from terminal cancer, which greatly affected Damian's demeanor, setting him on the path to becoming as abrasive, judgmental and emotionally stunted as he is today. He had once started to believe the Inner Sphere concept of love being intrinsically tied to sexual intimacy, but that took a complete 180 after the passing of his wife and he began to view sex as nothing more but entertainment, or a way to produce offspring.

Personality

Damian is a pragmatist, plain and simple. Dry, a little sarcastic and with just a hint of demeaning arrogance, he seems convinced he knows best most of the time through some 'logical' reasoning. A careful observer, he tends to come across as a bit hesitant as he attempts to consider every possible avenue before taking action. This is fine if he is supporting a commander, but when taking the lead, this could make for costly delays. His rather abrasive personality shines through in day-to-day conversation, where his deadpanned, off-hand comments, his belief that he is correct most of the time and his inability to relax and have fun, make it very hard for him to connect to people. He truly does believe he is better than you are, but that doesn't mean he doesn't value camaraderie. Only a fool strikes out on their own and isolates themselves, so for the sake of unit cohesion, he keeps many of his opinions to himself and actually only speaks when spoken to on matters of command.

He possesses a great deal of respect for the chain of command and only contradicts an order if the circumstances are truly pressing, and even then, he only does so in private to keep the appearance of order and organization intact. While he can be a smart-ass out of uniform, once the Neurohelmet is slipped on, he becomes a soldier with nerves of steel who, when asked to jump by his superior, simple responds with: 'how high?' and does everything in his power to make it happen.

Damian is a difficult person to trust. His cunning and wit capable of cutting metal, show on the surface and his almost Machiavellian approach to manipulation and self-improvement are not beneficial to making friends. His competence is clear, but what is unclear, are his loyalties. For every time he jumps through a raging inferno to help a comrade, there is another instance where he almost seems prepared to use some of them as bait. While this hasn't actually occurred, it isn't far'fetched to think the idea crosses his mind constantly. Another factor that aids in this semi-misconception is his merchant background. He stops at nothing to get the best deal and to that effect, he is able to quite aptly gauge his opponent's body language and reactions, reading into their words more than most would, all for his own benefit and no one else's.

This distrust is a two-way street, as Damian finds that few people truly like him beyond being a valued member of the team, and so he is uncertain whether he can trust anyone with his life. More than once has his courage started to falter as he could almost feel someone's eyes burning into the back of him, hoping to shoot him down when no one was looking.

In short, Damian has finely honed mind, abrasive arrogance but is often merely misunderstood; in part due to his own smart-ass remarks, and in part due to others seeing what they want to see.

Specialty Skills

Damian is a product of his clan. Raised as Warrior-Trader, he supported his kin both on the field of battle, and off of it. While not as skilled as a true member of the Merchant-caste, he is still an extremely talented trader with a keen eye for the financial side of warfare, specifically. Number-crunching is second nature to him and administrative tasks related to the budget, as well as whether or not a given venture is worth the risk, can comfortably be left to him. His skills as a Warrior are without question, though he can still only be considered upper mediocre when compared to many of his peers. However, he only truly shines if put in a support role, where his adaptability and quick reflexes allow him to respond and coordinate with great efficiency. A tactician at heart, he prefers to use terrain and detailed scouting reports against his enemy. He finds information is key and is able to draft intricate plans that do demand high maneuverability and finesse from anyone under his command. Strategy is not his game, neither is keeping up morale or actually leading a charge, but give him a small lance of 'Mechs, and he will make them dance with his carefully planned choreography. An avid sports fan, he is also quite adept at clan lacrosse. Coincidentally, sports is the only instance where he would ever dream of taking on a crazy risk/reward gambling bet, and somehow still come out on top.

BattleMech

Chassis: Ha Otoko
Model: Ha Otoko-HR
Weight Class: Heavy
Callsign: Charybdis
Description: Charybdis' general look hasn't changed much in the years since Damian left clan service. He has kept the machine well-serviced and spends anything he can spare on its upkeep, functional first, cosmetic second. Despite this, the magnitude of action the Ha Otoko has seen has left its mark. While large dents and blemishes are usually removed, the sheer number of smaller markings have started to pile up and the 'Mech is showing its age a little. Nonetheless, internally, it still performs at peak capacity. The 'Mech's coloring scheme is still mostly blue, with a light and darker hue alternating across the chassis. Silver and red trimming finish its scheme and make it stand out as a bit of an homage to Damian's former clan. The Black Sun insignia is located on the front of the chassis' left thigh.
Weapons:
- 2x Clan LRM-20s (chest)
- 2x Clan Mech Mortar/8 (arms)
Equipment:
- Light Fusion Engine
- Able Seven Sensor Suite
- 2x Artemis IV FCS (one for each LRM-20)
- Clan Guardian ECM Suite

Background: The very first time Damian was able to pilot the Ha Otoko, he fell in love with its simple and elegant design. One of the premier accomplishments of his clan, he soon left his old Tiburon behind and switched his efforts to mastering the support-role missile platform. After leaving his clan with the 'Mech in tow, he made minor adaptations to the machine to suit his needs. In the end, it became a minor mix of the Ha Otoko-HR template, with sensor upgrades usually found in the Ha Otoko 3. Renaming it "Charybdis", after the mythological creature, Damian's Ha Otoko has seen tremendous amounts of action, but remains a valuable support 'Mech capable of laying down serious long-range hurt through the use of its missiles, or even the two Mech Mortar/8 that is immune to the ever more prevalent Anti-Missile Systems. There are few machines better suited for a tactician who still loves to get his hands dirty.

Paladin of Lust

Man, I swear this was just two pages long a day ago. Anyway, is there still room for one more? I must admit to not being familiar with Battletech lore though. I was first introduced to Battletech via Mechwarrior IV: Mercenaries (Which I still have installed on my laptop), and have also played a little MechCommander 2 and most recently I have been playing on my Catapult in Mechwarrior Online. And if you don't like the idea of a second Assault 'Mech, I can switch the Longbow to a Catapult instead.

Character

Name: Angeline Helling
Sex: Female
BattleMech: Longbow
Homeworld: New Olympia
Original Faction: Free Worlds League/Independent Principality of Olympica

Description: Tall and slim, with long, smooth blonde hair, and stormy blue eyes, Angeline Helling looks more like pin-up girl material than a Mechwarrior...and well, she is both.

Background: Born to a family which traditionally served as close advisers to the ruling prince of the Independent Principality of Olympica on New Olympia, Angeline could be considered nobility and thus born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Despite her family's wealth and comfort, Angeline was never going to be happy simply finding a nice man to settle down with. No. From young, Angeline was getting out of history lessons by her personal tutor to go swimming or better yet, watch holovid broadcasts of the gladiatorial Mechwarrior battles on Solaris VII. In a bid to both fulfill her need for adventure and also instill some discipline in her, Angeline's family sent her to the Allison MechWarrior Institute (AMI) on New Olympia itself. And while she ended up graduating from the academy with honors, Angeline remained just as untamed, and could even add sexually promiscuous to her list of character traits. Not that her family knew that last one, of course.

While every other student ended up working either for a mercenary outfit or as a soldier in the Free Worlds League, Angeline was a little different. She chose to go to Solaris VII to become a competitor in the Solaris Games. With monetary backing from her family and the Prince of Olympica, who had taken a shine to her beauty and potential (no, she didn't sleep with him), Angeline could enter and compete as an independent freelancer, without a need to be a part of any of the stables on Solaris VII. With that much wealth, she assembled her own team of technicians and other support staff, along with her first 'Mech, a Raven. Of course, she didn't have much success to begin with. The first couple of years had a fair few losses, and Angeline mostly used those two years to build up connections and relations with influential people on Solaris VII, because she lacked the backing of any stable to help her out. By her third year though, she started to rack up the wins and moved from the light 'Mech circuit to the medium 'Mech one, piloting an Uziel.  And with her model good looks, Angeline quickly became popular on Solaris, even most of the Inner Sphere. It started with guest commentating on matches she wasn't involved in, and eventually moved on to commercials, modelling and acting offers.

Between the Solaris Games and her newfound status as a celebrity, model and actress, Angeline found herself needing money from New Olympia less and less, eventually choosing to use her own money as far as possible. Just as well, because when Clan Wolf came along and took New Olympia into their expanding Wolf Empire, her family lost access to most of their wealth. And while they were by no means poor, they couldn't help with the upkeep of a Solaris Games contestant. Eventually Angeline wanted a new challenge. Solaris was fun, but there was surely more than just Solaris. And so Angeline decided to try her hand at being a mercenary, using a Longbow 'Mech and deciding to do fire support instead of a frontline brawler. That would be a little too similar to her Solaris fights, and she was looking for something different.

Personality: Angeline is a flirtatious, fun-loving and thrill seeking bisexual. A free spirit and party girl. Far from being one of those aimless types though, Angeline is also out to prove herself to others. Instructors and fellow cadets in the Allison Mechwarrior Institute didn't think she would make the grade. She proved them wrong. When first competing on Solaris, she was looked down upon because of her attractiveness and status as a blueblood, and had to deal with degrading, mostly sexual taunts from other competitors. Later on, people saw her as soft or distracted for having another career outside of piloting a 'Mech as well. And despite her military academy training and status as a celebrity on Solaris (or possibly because of it), her lack of experience on a 'real' field of battle also led to some poor impressions when she made the career switch to being a mercenary. She reserves a special hatred for Clanners, especially those of Clan Wolf, mostly due to New Olympia falling to the Wolf Empire, but also due to Solaris VII ending up in the Empire as well. And while her family managed to escape to Atreus before New Olympia's surrender to the Wolf Empire, Angeline still harbors a deep seated disgust and hate for the Empire.

Specialty Skills: Modeling, seduction, swimming. She picked up the modeling during her days competing in the Solaris arenas, when she started having a career outside of Mechwarrior duels. She's been seducing and sleeping with men and women ever since her days in the Allison Mechwarrior Institute, when she slept with any of the other cadets she found cute, regardless of gender. That carried on to her Solaris days, sleeping with her rivals because they were either very hot or very skilled in a 'Mech, and turning that into a tactic in which she would team up with one of them to take on the others together before they fought each other. It didn't always work out, but it served her well most of the time. As for swimming, it's something that she's enjoyed since young, and she's a good, strong swimmer.

BattleMech

Chassis: Longbow
Model: LGB-12C
Weight Class: Assault
Callsign: Seraph
Description: Seraph is painted entirely in white (One of Angeline's two favourite colors, along with purple), which means depending on the environment, the 'Mech either stands out like a sore thumb or blends in perfectly. Being a rather new 'Mech (in that the 'Mech has not seen action), Seraph is in pristine condition. There is a small statuette of the insignia of the Allison Mechwarrior Institute sitting in her cockpit as well.
Weapons: 2 x LRM-20, 2 x LRM-15, 3 x ER Small Laser

Equipment: XL Engine

Background: Produced in a StarCorps Industries facility on Terra before the closure of Prefecture X, and made for the military of the old Republic, but consigned as a reserve unit and never saw action, Angeline acquired it partly with her own money and partly with family money. And then she proceeded to give it a fresh coat of paint, with white being the color of choice. Much less flashy than purple, which her Raven and Uziel from her Solaris days were painted in.

It's far from done up yet, but I had to get something in in case things moved too quickly for me to catch up. As I said earlier, I'm not good with Battletech lore, so I'm open to feedback and suggestions. ^_^ And well, of course, there might not be a slot for me to begin with. :P Oh, and another question. Assuming there's space for me, can we customize the loadouts of our 'Mechs? I went with the standard loadout of this Longbow model, because I wasn't sure.
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

Renegade Vile

There, my profile's done for now. I must apologize for the length, but I'm afraid brevity has never been my strong suit...
I hope he is suitable to fill a role in the Command Lance, perhaps as Kari's right-hand? Regardless, as one can tell, he's mainly intended for long-range support, ECM countermeasures, tactical coordination and administrative tasks; as is common among Second Line-trained Sea Fox clanners.

Also, Paladin of Lust. She hates clanners does she? I think our characters are going to be at each other's throats often than, as Damian does -not- hide his original heritage from people he knows.

Paladin of Lust

Yep, she does. Angeline's not going to like Damian. But at least he's not from Clan Wolf. His one saving grace. xD That would be...ugly. Interestingly, she's clearly meant for fire support as well, just like Damian. She does pack more missiles though. But that's what you get with a Longbow. xD

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Paladin of Lust on June 24, 2014, 07:47:30 AM
Yep, she does. Angeline's not going to like Damian. But at least he's not from Clan Wolf. His one saving grace. xD That would be...ugly. Interestingly, she's clearly meant for fire support as well, just like Damian. She does pack more missiles though. But that's what you get with a Longbow. xD

Two long-range support 'Mechs are common, after all. And besides, she's assault and all-out firepower, while the Ha Otoko is outfitted with some more gadgets and things to give him a helping hand. And he still has some lasers in case things get up close and personal, after all. His is also a Heavy 'Mech, which gives him some more maneuverability. They're both there for the same reason, but the execution will be different, which keeps variety, I think. I would have gone for a Longbow if I didn't feel like an Assault 'Mech just doesn't suit Damian.

Also, be careful when dissing him, he may be the one handling the paychecks *chuckles*.

Paladin of Lust

Well, the profile should be mostly done up by now. I have the nagging feeling that I missed out something, so I might add more to it later, but it should be okay for the most part. And well, Angeline's not going to diss him, but she's not going to be very friendly to him either. As I said, he's not from Clan Wolf, so she's not going to be openly hostile.

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Paladin of Lust on June 24, 2014, 09:16:53 AM
Well, the profile should be mostly done up by now. I have the nagging feeling that I missed out something, so I might add more to it later, but it should be okay for the most part. And well, Angeline's not going to diss him, but she's not going to be very friendly to him either. As I said, he's not from Clan Wolf, so she's not going to be openly hostile.

Oh, certainly. I was mostly joking. I look forward to their interaction, regardless. Besides, given the role plays preference, they've had to play nice for a while now, so they should have some mutual respect, if nothing else.
And given Damian's personality, I don't think he's friends with most of the members.

Blobbe

Renegade Vile - profile looks good, and you get huge props from me for simply choosing such an... unusual 'Mech to say the least. I mean, 'Mech mortars? That's some crazy stuff. I love it. Consider yourself approved!

Paladin of Lust - Wow, that one flew out of nowhere while I had my back turned. It looks good and your bringing things into the very current situation with the Wolf Empire and the like is great flavour. Again, you're approved!

Both of your characters will be assigned to the Command Lance, which is now full up. At this stage, all I'm really waiting on is Glyphstone with Allory IV (or whoever) and then I think we're good. I can fill out the NPC roster as we go.

Renegade Vile

Quote from: KaylaM on June 24, 2014, 09:26:43 AM
Renegade Vile - profile looks good, and you get huge props from me for simply choosing such an... unusual 'Mech to say the least. I mean, 'Mech mortars? That's some crazy stuff. I love it. Consider yourself approved!

I'm a sucker for the Diamond Sharks, and it's one of the few of their personal make (despite them having their hands in the design of a lot of varying 'Mechs). And I really like the Ha Otoko's look. As for the mortars, I know right? The Ha Otoko-HR normally has two of them, but I switched one out for some lasers for close range combat. Since Ha Otoko pilots tended to use the arm mounted missile launchers only against flanking enemies, he doesn't really have reduced long range firepower. And he has an answer against anti missiles systems on top of that. Win-win.
I looked into the C3 system but it doesn't seem to be mountable on a Ha Otoko, so I left it out. It's also Inner Sphere tech and while the HR is a hybrid, I don't see Sea Fox incorporating C3 like that anytime soon, at least not in the Second Line fire support.

As for his role as financial administrator and part-tactician, any feedback/objections, lady Kayla?

Blobbe

Quote from: Renegade Vile on June 24, 2014, 09:31:02 AM
I'm a sucker for the Diamond Sharks, and it's one of the few of their personal make (despite them having their hands in the design of a lot of varying 'Mechs). And I really like the Ha Otoko's look. As for the mortars, I know right? The Ha Otoko-HR normally has two of them, but I switched one out for some lasers for close range combat. Since Ha Otoko pilots tended to use the arm mounted missile launchers only against flanking enemies, he doesn't really have reduced long range firepower. And he has an answer against anti missiles systems on top of that. Win-win.
I looked into the C3 system but it doesn't seem to be mountable on a Ha Otoko, so I left it out. It's also Inner Sphere tech and while the HR is a hybrid, I don't see Sea Fox incorporating C3 like that anytime soon, at least not in the Second Line fire support.

As for his role as financial administrator and part-tactician, any feedback/objections, lady Kayla?

Nothing wrong with that, as long as he's also honest with his commander as well. He tries cooking the books, and he's going to be in for a world of hurt. On the other hand, a tactical advisor is useful, and definitely appreciated on the battlefield.

With regard to the Ha Otoko's configuration; to be honest, I'd prefer it if it was in its default loadout (2 LRM-20s, 2 MechMortar/8s); we're going with stock 'Mechs to begin with, and the Ha Otoko-HR is already pretty crazy. Besides, Clan LRMs don't have a minimum range, so they can be his close-in weapons. Other then that, we're good.

Renegade Vile

Quote from: KaylaM on June 24, 2014, 09:38:29 AM
Nothing wrong with that, as long as he's also honest with his commander as well. He tries cooking the books, and he's going to be in for a world of hurt. On the other hand, a tactical advisor is useful, and definitely appreciated on the battlefield.

As his personality implies, he's always by the books. As I stipulated, he may sometimes have an issue with an order, but he will either keep it to himself, or take it up with his CO in private, never in front of others. He's a career soldier and been an officer longer than anything else in his life, so he knows how to get things done, and how to mess them up. I'd enjoy being tactical adviser to your commander, primarily since that's what he does best. He's especially apt at using terrain and devising plans, but he's not that good at actual field command. He isn't charismatic enough and sweats the small stuff too much. He may also hamper when presenting with too many hard choices to make the hard call.
As for corruption, he would get violent over being accused of that, so don't worry, the books will be in order, obsessive compulsively so.

Quote from: KaylaM on June 24, 2014, 09:38:29 AM
With regard to the Ha Otoko's configuration; to be honest, I'd prefer it if it was in its default loadout (2 LRM-20s, 2 MechMortar/8s); we're going with stock 'Mechs to begin with, and the Ha Otoko-HR is already pretty crazy. Besides, Clan LRMs don't have a minimum range, so they can be his close-in weapons. Other then that, we're good.

If you prefer the default weaponry, I can certainly oblige. And I did not know that about LRMs. I'll change it up right now.

EDIT: Modifications have been made.

TheGlyphstone

Renegade Vile

Oh, to answer the question you've been asking since one of the first posts you made, lady Kayla,
I prefer Light as the forum for this game. I'm not big on anything more than vanilla. However, I don't mind if it gets put in Bondage either, I just won't partake in any content like that personally.
Non-consensual I want to avoid if at all possible, because my character would never stand by rape of any kind. Meaning the party would break up the instant a PC engages in this for any reason. I doubt that's a good place to be *winces*.

TheGlyphstone

I favor BON over Light just because it leaves the option open...you can run Light scenes in BON for people who don't want that kind of thing, but you can't run BON scenes in Light for people who do.

Renegade Vile

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 24, 2014, 12:15:13 PM
I favor BON over Light just because it leaves the option open...you can run Light scenes in BON for people who don't want that kind of thing, but you can't run BON scenes in Light for people who do.

Indeed, that is what I meant. So while I favor Light, I have no problem with it being in the Bondage category at all.

LordLuck

Agreed.

Glyph got it right and straight regarding the scenes we could run over. :)
Mourning.