Seven deadly sins

Started by Elvi, November 05, 2005, 05:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvi

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Elvi

Awwwwww...come on people....How can you turn down playing with some of the best roleplayers on the site?

Oh....and me....*grins*

Xerial

You know... a certain Preacher taken to extremes could make a rather handy Lust...

Elvi

*sighs*
Every little chance for a dig *laughs*

Yes....I believe he would....

Elvi

OOPS...someone has claimed Lust on the game's OOC thread Xerial....

Serenity Vixen

Not sure if you mean me, as I showed interest in Lust at one time, but my health has taken a slight turn for the worse, and so I am regretfully going to bow out, I am sorry :(
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Elvi

No...I'd guessed that you weren't 'in' honey, another has said that he's interested...*smiles*

Garreth

I'd be interested in playing for either demons or victim side, whichever you need more of.

As a demon, I'd be interested in pride or sloth.

As a victim, well, decent, morally good people are the most fun to corrupt.  So, I'll be able to think of someone, male or female, again, depending on the balance.
Judge one's character not from the options he's given, but from the choice he makes from them.

Elvi

You'll be more than welcome Garreth.

At the moment we're in need of daemons.
(We have three victims and one in the pipeline)
So you are more than welcome to Sloth *smiles*

OH and I love the avatar....

rainshadow

Hmmmm... I'm just getting started myself. I think I'm interested, but I want to look at the game itself and get a feel for it before I make a decision. :)

EDIT: Okay, I've taken a look. I think I'd work best as one of the tempted. I'm not sure I'm quite devious enough (yet ;)) to be a daemon. That could change as I become more used to the people here. ;D

That said, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at the Gluttony daemon...
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Elvi

Well.......You've talked yourself round in circles...so much so that I'm not sure what you are after now....*laughs*

let's cut to the chase...

Gluttony or Mortal?

Elvi

As the Game stands:

Lucifer: Pride

Daemon.........belsammael
Mortal.........VACANT

Mammon: Greed

Daemon.........Comedy Jester
Mortal.........VACANT

Asmodeus: Lust

Daemon.........Spirit Wolf
Mortal.........Gerald

Leviathan: Envy

Daemon.........Lord Anubis
Mortal.........DancerTamara

Beelzebub: Gluttony

Daemon.........Rainshadow
Mortal.........Nothing (?)

Satan: Wrath

Daemon.........SteveJ
Mortal.........VACANT

Belphegor: Sloth

Daemon.........Garreth
Mortal.........Strangely Made

rainshadow

Quote from: Elvi on February 11, 2008, 05:29:14 AM
Well.......You've talked yourself round in circles...so much so that I'm not sure what you are after now....*laughs*

let's cut to the chase...

Gluttony or Mortal?

Actually I knew exactly what I was talking about. :P

Here's what I'm going to do: I am going to "create" two character profiles, PM you both, and we can decide after that which one (if either) are interesting enough to give it a go. If I have a good enough grasp on Gluttony, that would be a fun character to play, but in case it doesn't work out, at least I'd have a mortal to be tempted.

I don't have time to do it right now, but I should get you something by tomorrow morning. :)
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Elvi

OK Rain....*smiles*....I'm sure you'd be fine with either....

rainshadow

Quote from: WikipediaMedieval Church leaders (e.g., Thomas Aquinas) took a more expansive view of gluttony (Okholm 2000), arguing that it could also include an obsessive anticipation of meals, and the constant eating of delicacies and excessively costly foods.[2] He went so far as to prepare a list of six ways to commit gluttony, including:

• Praepropere - eating too soon
    Laute - eating too expensively
    Nimis - eating too much
    Ardenter - eating too eagerly
    Studiose - eating too daintily
    Forente - eating too fervently

Eating too daintily??? Eating too daintily??? What the Hell? Please explain THAT one too me... LOL

Anywho, I'm in the middle of creating a profile for this Beezlebub dude.  ;D

Elvi

*laughs*

With Thomas Aquinas, I have found that if you didn't do anything exactly as he thought it should be done, then it was a sin....*grins*

And a jolly good profile it is too Rain....very good indeed...

Elvi

UPDATED PLAYLIST

As the Game stands:

Lucifer: Pride

Daemon.........belsammael
Mortal.........VACANT

Mammon: Greed

Daemon.........VACANT
Mortal.........VACANT

Asmodeus: Lust

Daemon......... Spirit Wolf
Mortal.........VACANT

Leviathan: Envy

Daemon.........Lord Anubis
Mortal.........DancerTamara

Beelzebub: Gluttony

Daemon.........Rainshadow
Mortal.........VACANT

Satan: Wrath

Daemon.........SteveJ
Mortal.........VACANT

Belphegor: Sloth

Daemon.........Garreth
Mortal.........Strangely Made

We also have Airindel with her character ready. (mortal)
Question Mark getting his done. (mortal)

rainshadow

Quote from: Elvi on February 12, 2008, 03:48:31 AM
*laughs*

With Thomas Aquinas, I have found that if you didn't do anything exactly as he thought it should be done, then it was a sin....*grins*

And a jolly good profile it is too Rain....very good indeed...
Ha! I guess so. The guy was a bit of a nutjob.

Thank you, btw.

Elvi

Well he was an 11th century Catholic Philosypher, I guess times change....*laughs*

rainshadow

They do change... doesn't change his nutjob status.  ;D

Elvi

*laughs*

I think most people's opinions, made almost a thousand years ago, would give them 'nut job' status today....

rainshadow

Fair enough. Hell, my views TODAY give me a nutjob status.

But what can I say? I'm a nutjob.

Jester

I keep seeing this ad and keep trying to resist.

I might be interested in doing Greed but it would be a more evil take on the film Indecent Proposal.....

The Daemon would be the Robert Redford character and we just need a Demi Moore type person.

Would that be ok?

Elvi

If you think you can take on another game...feel free Jester, it's always good to have you onboard...*smiles*

Jester

Cool. Lets see what interest there is.. .

Mammon awaits.