This one day, at the park

Started by PsionicMyth, June 29, 2011, 03:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsionicMyth

(( Alright, gonna give this a shot. It's been awhile. ))

The setting: A park on a warm summer day. People are out and about, walking their dogs and letting their children play on the playground. The sound of laughter and birds is all in the clean, crisp air. In the center of this park there is a great lake with a beautiful backdrop of the city. Many come here to relax and to think and reflect.

--- Opening post ---

"What a grand day to be alive!"

Being out in the sun was a splendorous feeling for Grimm, a man that was used to sleeping the entire day away and only coming out at nighttime. He had decided to wear a white tank top and some jeans - and being the big, ex-fighter he was, his muscles shown through his clothes. Clearly he was not in the best shape of his life, but it hadn't faded in the years he'd been out.

Unfortunately, because of his shaved head and rather mean, rough looking appearance, people didn't make eye-contact with him that much other than a wave here and there. Grimm paid them no mind and kept his thoughts on what sort of jokes he would be making at his stand up gig later that evening. He was also keeping his eyes on the birds! He absolutely loved the way the little squeakers acted, fluttering around doing birdy things.

As long as they didn't poop on his head...

((Alright, gotta knock the RP rust off. Sorry this post is so bland...)

Choucho

With the birds chirpping away and the wind blowing ever so slightly through the park Stevie with Camra in hand snapped a few photographs of the brids chassing each other. A photo of the sun gleaming off of the lake. A few people meandering about their daily buiness. A bunny hopping around without a care in the world. A snake coiled up under a rock. Yes this was a beautiful day to be out and about. Nowthing could spoil her mood. Wondering off the path Stevie foucused on finding the ONE! photograph that would make her day worth while. Snapping photos here and there she didn't notice the rock in the grass. Stubbing her tow into it. Letting out a grunt she stumbled and fell into someone. A few choice words left her mouth as she looked up to see whom this someone was.
Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
Love is like a butterfly, hold it too tight, it'll crush. Hold it too loose, it'll fly.

PsionicMyth

"Offh!"

Grimm barked, looking down and grabbing a hold of the arms of the person that had fallen into him.

"Hey, you okay?" He quirked a brow, looking over the woman that'd apparently never heard of gracefulness. Setting her up straight he looked her over, "You should be more careful, you know?"

Choucho

Pushing back her chestnut colored hair she smiled up at the seemingly nice stranger. "I'm... I'm.." She stumbled for lose of words as she looked him over. His Muscular body showing through his tank top. "I'm sorry sir.." She finally stumbled out and bowed to him and an aplogy. Her loose fitting t-shirt fluttering in the wind as she stood back up. Not much to look at really. Just a small woman with an over sized shirt on, ragged jeans, no shoes. Sorta like a hippy at first glance.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
Love is like a butterfly, hold it too tight, it'll crush. Hold it too loose, it'll fly.

PsionicMyth

"Make it up to me!"

Grimm said with a smile, pointing at his torso, and then to her camera.

"Take a flatteringly good looking picture of me!"

Hopping back in a somewhat comical fashion, made even more so because he was a pretty big guy, Grimm flexed his muscles and turned his lips up and closed his eyes. He looked like a big doofus, which was the look he was going for.

"Don't forget to capture my good side. I want my pictures to scream, WELCOME TO THE GUN SHOW BABES!"

Grimm made several unflattering poses, but made sure to convey that he was absolutely serious about having his picture taken!

Choucho

Stevie looked at him dazzled and fumbled to turn her camra back on. "I'm.. " She paused looking at the goofy poses he was making and thought of some way to get out of this.. "I'm not so good at taking photo's of people. I"m.. um.. better at animals and plants and stuff... like that.. ?" Looking him over again she shook her head and tried to capture his good side, and get a half way desent picture out of his silly poses. "I.. Um.. I hope you like it." She said handing him her carmra for him to view it and at the same time ready to run if he didn't like it. For he's a big guy and her a punny girl. She couldn't out punch him, but boy could she try to out run him.

PsionicMyth

Grimm took the pictures, giving the girl a serious look. He glance down at the them as they formed.

A long silence.

"You've captured my manly essence, and there is emphasis on my boyish good looks." Already, Grimm could feel that he was trying too hard to be funny and that this whole thing was going to come off as him seeming like an old creeper. He was much better at simply punching things than he was making jokes. Laughs were much more satisfying though.

"Since you've managed to put up with my stupid behavior, how about I treat you to lunch. It's a fine afternoon. And the scenery isn't going anywhere!" It suddenly dawned on Grimm that he hadn't been out with a woman in several years.

Screw it. Things would be okay.

Choucho

Ready to run a moments notice she relaxed as he went over the photos and spoke his opinon. "You.. YOu like them??" she stuttered trying to sort things out. "You wanted a serious photo, pulled goofy poses, and yet you like them. I'm confused." She said bluntly shaking her head. Sighing and turning to his next question, opening her mouth to protest the lunch idea her stomach growled and she slowly closed it agian.

PsionicMyth

There was much to learn about the inner workings of Grimm's mind. Well not really.

"Off to lunch it is then!" Grimm was loud enough that a few people turned and glanced his way. To say the least, he liked to make his presence felt and known. "I don't know if you're into the whole thing, but I know this nice little hamburger place where the meat isn't made out of squirrels."

"It's really awesome."

The big man tapped the girl on the shoulder, directing her to walk behind him.

"Oh, names Maxwell, most people just call me Grimm though. Can't imagine why!"

Names were important, he didn't want to be half-way through a conversation and have to try to remember a name he didn't even know! How stupid would that look?!

(( I thought you were going to bed? lol ))

Choucho

(( Can't sleep with the BF playing guitar hero. LOL))

Walking beside him instead of behind like he wanted Stevie listened to him and thought of all the men in the park she had to get the one whom seemed to be nothing more than a jokestore. Everyone knew hamburger was made of a cows and never out of squirrels..?? RIght??  She didn't want to think about this logic now so she introduced herself. "My names Stevie, Nice to meet you Max.. urrm Grimm."

PsionicMyth

(( 5 am... *reserves this space for a post tomorrow* Nighty night. ))

Choucho

Quote from: PsionicMyth on June 29, 2011, 05:12:35 AM
(( 5 am... *reserves this space for a post tomorrow* Nighty night. ))

Night. Sweet dreams.

PsionicMyth

(( I am so sorry! I went out last night with some girls and had some fun... ))

"You know, I've always liked these small, quiet restaurants over the bigger ones with all the noise and the people and the dark atmosphere. Lets a guy sit and eat and think in peace!"

The burger joint was just like Grimm described, only about 6 six booths and a bar with nine stools to sit on. The grill was in plain view and the cooks were hurrying about making the orders. The air smelled of fried foods and grease and was a big muggy from all the steam and the smoke.

"You're a photographer, hm? Work for a newspaper or somethin special like that?"

Choucho

{Sorry, Got wrapped up in the Fourth of July Celebrations here. :( }

Walking Right beside him the whole way Steive said very little. Upon arrival at the burger joint she smiled and sniffed the air. "Smells good." She said as she took a sit beside him on one of the stools. "No, nothing like that. It's just for fun, ya'know a hobby." Pausing a few minutes while looking over a menu the waitress had handed them she cocked her head towards him and asked. " What do you do for a living? Something special??"

PsionicMyth

Grimm browsed the menu, though he was a regular here and was going to have what he always did. It was a habit to glance over the menu anyway. When Stevie asked her question, Grimm didn't miss a beat, "I used to be an ex-cage fighter. Now I'm a stand up comic." He didn't even turn to look at her, coming out as smooth and normal. As if anything about such a profession switch was normal!

"It's good you have a hobby, too many people look for ways to turn things into a business. Once a hobby becomes work, it ain't fun anymore." This, in actuality, be the reason Grimm no longer worked as a cage-fighter. Despite his fairly impressive record of 55 - 15. Of course only those that were fans of the sport or other fighters would actually know much about that.

Choucho

{{Sorry. Again. Was really busy with family. Please forgive me}}

While listening to Grimm, Stevie pointed out a small salad to the waitress. "That's kind of an odd shift of things." She told him with a faint smile. "And you're totaly right about that."

PsionicMyth

"So why'd you decide to become a photographer?" Grimm finished his sentence by taking a big bite out of his new arrived hamburger. Nothing beat a hamburger and a good conversation! Truth be told, Grimm wasn't all that much into the conversation, as much as he was at having lunch with a woman for the first time in several years, but that was something he was going to keep to himself!

Choucho

Taking a few bites out of a sandwhich she ordered and a quick sip of some ice cold tea she answered Grimm in a cheerful voice. "It looked fun, and It is fun. I've been told I have a good eye for it too!"The food was great here, and her company was satisfying.

PsionicMyth

Grimm nodded, taking yet another large bite of his hamburger and wiping his mouth of any excess. "You have any boyfriends... or girlfriends?" Ah yes, there it was, that million dollar question that always seemed to come up when a man and a woman shared a lunch. He didn't miss a beat, looking back to his food and continuing to eat.

Choucho

Giving Grimm a weird look as he mentioned girlfriend Stevie started to laugh. "You think I'm a lesbian?" She couldn't stop laughing for a few seconds and finally regained her composer. "I'm single, and proud to say I'm not looking for a relationship."

PsionicMyth

"I never can tell these things about people. The hippie types usually like to much that carpet." Grimm got a few looks from the people sitting behind him, but clearly not a single fuck was to be given that day. "And that's good, I suppose." Another bite. "My dad always told me not to settle down with a women - just get what you want and move right along." Though not entirely sure if he should continue on with this train of thought, Grimm did anyway. "After my last girlfriend ran off with my training partner, I'm beginning to think dad knew a thing or two more than I did."

Choucho

Steive was shocked at what he said and just shook her head. "Not all women are like that." Finishing her meal she added. "I know I'm not like that. I'm just to busy to even have time for a relationship."

PsionicMyth

"I'm sure they aren't, wasn't making too much of a generalization." Grimm took the last bite of his hamburger and wiped his face. "Sorry if you got the idea that I was asking, that isn't really the case. It was a nice day and I thought it'd be nice to enjoy the company of another."

A beeping noise began to go off in Grimm's pocket, wiping his hands he reached in and pulled out his phone. He turned off the alarm and tucked his phone away, standing up and giving Stevie a nice smile. "Hey, it was nice having lunch, but I gotta head out for the evening. Got to get ready for an amateur fight."

Before walking out, Grimm put a card with a phone number and an address on the table. "That's the address for the club I'll be at, if you figure you want to drop by and take some pictures of the fighters - I'll be refereeing there."

Grimm didn't think she'd accept anything like that, but hell, why not give it a shot anyway?

"You have a good afternoon."

And with that, he was gone.

Choucho

Stevie took the card and waved him goodbyes. She wasn't sure if she wanted to go and see a fight or not. But in the end she told herself she would go, if only just to see him again. She finished her food and left a tip for the waitress before heading back home to change.

Walking through the door of her apartment Stevie  sighed. She set her bag down gently, as it contained her precious camera. and hurried to the shower. Once clean and draped in a towel she went to inspect her closet. looking over what seemed thousands of possibilities she settled on one. A plain black shirt that fit her just right. Showing off her curves and girlish figure. Some faded and worn out blue jeans and some comfortable tennis shoes. once dressed and she put her hair up in a pony tail again she left the house with her camera and bag.

Fallowing the directions on the card she found the place easily. Stopping outside to take photographs of intresting people and signs.

PsionicMyth

(( My apologies~))

People filed into the center area around a big black cage. Inside the cage wasn't a ring, like one would normally see, instead it was a concrete floor with wood and padding. A white chalk line was drawn around the square mat to indicate a boundary line. The smell of smoke and alcohol was thick in the air, mixed with the chants of screaming fans and the sounds of signs waving about. Each sign was branded in a different color with their favorite fighters named emblazoned across it. Exactly what you'd expect in a fighting arena.

The fights weren't that far from starting, and in the back room Grimm taped up a couple of his fingers and slipped on his black dress clothes. A black polo shirt and dress pants. He had to look the official part of referee tonight. In the back of his mind he entertained the thought of that woman from earlier showing up and taking pictures. He hardly expected it to happen - if anything she seemed more freaked out by him than anything.

Still, it would be nice.

The sound of a buzzer brought Grimm back to the reality. Standing up and dusting himself off, he walked down towards the ring. Not really all that in the mood to watch two young fighters beat themselves to a bloody pulp. He'd have much rather have been making jokes on a stage tonight than reffing some bloodsport, but his humor alone wasn't going to pay the rent.

That's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.