What's in the News? 2.0

Started by Tolvo, January 16, 2019, 05:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Quote from: gaggedLouise on January 15, 2020, 08:12:55 AM
Unfortunately I don't think Putin is able to clone himself to another life (haven't seen the SWIX movie, but that sounds like such an insultingly dumb way of bringing the Emperor back into the final film) ;)

Spoilers, Louise, aaaaagh!!!!  :o

Regina Minx

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Sara Nilsson

Yes it is news!

Horizon: Zero Dawn will be coming to PC. Both steam and epic.

https://kotaku.com/sources-horizon-zero-dawn-is-coming-to-pc-1841043569

Easily one of the best games I ever played. So good news for everyone who likes to game but doesn't have a playstation.

Now fight me for putting gaming news in here.

*puts up fists*

Orval Wintermute

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on January 16, 2020, 01:39:08 PM
Yes it is news!

Easily one of the best games I ever played. So good news for everyone who likes to game but doesn't have a playstation.

*puts up fists*

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=270942.0

Missy

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on January 16, 2020, 01:39:08 PM
Yes it is news!

*puts up fists*

I was going to fight you, but then I realized you're stronger than me, so I changed my mind and decided to pick my fights more carefully.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Missy on January 16, 2020, 10:38:05 PM
I was going to fight you, but then I realized you're stronger than me, so I changed my mind and decided to pick my fights more carefully.

I could never harm you daer

AmberStarfire

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

AmberStarfire

Oniya

I take it you didn't recognize the picture?   ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Orval Wintermute

But that kind of uniform isn't going to work on the Moon, unless of course it's not a moon.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Oniya on January 19, 2020, 08:29:33 AM
I take it you didn't recognize the picture?   ;D

Only that it was from Star Wars Battlefront and it looked like Leia from Return of the Jedi.

Oniya

What kind of wars?  Star Wars!

AmberStarfire

I see it now. :) My mind was going off in a literal direction. Like what function will they actually serve?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: AmberStarfire on January 19, 2020, 08:53:55 AM
I see it now. :) My mind was going off in a literal direction. Like what function will they actually serve?

Honestly they should have called it 'Spacecom' and made it part of either the Navy or Airforce. As to what they would do, i'm guessing its more Anti-Satellite and cyberwarfare stuff. Maybe long range drones capable of going into orbit and back into atmosphere.

AmberStarfire

That's good thinking. I guess we'll see what they end up saying about it. :)

Missy

Actually it is a part of the Air Force, they literally just renamed a unit of the Air Force to accomodate him.

Of course the whole thing is as if it's not a ridiculous idea in the first place.

TheGlyphstone

He watched War of the Worlds and thought it was a documentary, so now he's launching an invasion of Mars.

Beguile's Mistress

What kind of wars?  What's that movie franchise with the huge bugs?  Those uniforms might fit in on those planets. :D

TheGlyphstone

It was the best war against the most illegal aliens ever, they had the hugest tripods, but our American germs beat them. Make Earth Great Again.

Orval Wintermute

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 19, 2020, 03:43:23 PM
It was the best war against the most illegal aliens ever...
I still think Superman would his kick ass.

Make
America
Reject
The
Horrible
Aliens

Lilias

Quote from: Orval Wintermute on January 19, 2020, 08:31:25 AM
But that kind of uniform isn't going to work on the Moon, unless of course it's not a moon.

At least they would be safe from Ewoks.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI