Evolved: Original Superhero/Antihero/Villain Game - Season 2 Recruiting open!

Started by Deamonbane, August 28, 2016, 09:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deamonbane

"There is an infinite difference
between a little wrong and just right,
between fairly good and the best,
between mediocrity and superiority."
-Orison Swett Marden

-== Introduction ==-
Greetings writers, welcome to Evolved.

Evolved is a modern alternate reality sandbox with guided story elements. What is a modern alternate reality? Well simply put it's a modern era with elements that don't quite fit into our version of it - in this case we're talking about comic book style superheroes and powers. Evolved puts a new spin on an old tale and hopes to break away from the standard tropes associated with the superhero genre in general - you know them well: A school and saving the world being the primary function, are the two we're mostly concerned about. The premise of this game will put a focus on the survival of these Evolved characters, who are trying to get by in a world where they are still fairly new - a world that doesn't understand them and can't be bothered to accept them. A world where they are hunted down by an agency with goals most nefarious. There may be some world saving on the side, but it'll be over shadowed by the fact that these characters are going to be hunted until every last one of them is contained.

It's now 2017 and the Evolved have been a part of live for roughly eight years. In that time, across the globe, they have had both incredibly positive and incredibly negative effects. The selection of who Evolved was random, unknown, there was no way to track who it was going to happen to or when. In 2012, just three years after the first Evolved started to crop up, a special task force was created to deal with these global threats: Tac 6. Comprised of elite soldiers from across the globe, Tac 6 are the primary antagonists of Evolved; armed with the best weapons technology can produce, and the most advanced technologies of the world they sweep across the planet to respond and deal with Evolved problems. It's a struggle to survive for the Evolved, between actively being hunted and day to day persecution, it's no wonder that some of them have gone drunk with power and begun to show their superiority.

-== Story ==-
In late 2007 Dr. Francis Hawk completed his final tests on the IVC nano-particle. It was a valiant effort to rid the world of cancer; his trials had proven successful and with support from over 100 global governments he was able to launch his drones into the atmosphere. IVC was a self replicating virus that had displayed a strong ability to fight off cancer that it came into contact with. The plan was to fill a thousand atmospheric drones with the virus and release it into the atmosphere where it would replicate steadily and eventually just become a natural part of the every day air flow that people interacted with. On a cellular level it would fight to prevent and deal with current cases of cancer. The project as greenlit and the drones were launched, and our world was filled with a virus on a scale that had never even been thought of before. Unfortunately as time would come to tell IVC was not successful in battling widespread cancer.

In 2009 the first global report of one of the Evolved was made. A boy with the incredible ability to disintegrate anything that he touched; cars, buildings and even people. The world looked in horror as more and more of these individuals with incredible powers began to crop up seemingly without any cause. It wouldn't be until 2011 that the connection between the Evolved and IVC was discovered - similarly it was that time when Dr. Francis Hawk vanished. Rumors about his whereabouts are plentiful, but the general idea is that the a government body got to him and secreted him away in order to find a solution to the Evolved problem. In 2012 a united world council gathered to sanction the creation of a special task force to deal with the Evolved; they were a global threat that undermined security. On numerous occasions these special individuals had shown that they could not be trusted and abused what powers they had. So was created the organization, Tac 6, which recruited on a global level to find the very best normal people to lead this fight against the Evolved.

Since the formation of Tac 6 the world has entered a strange semi-war torn state. The Evolved are relentlessly hunted down by the growing organization, and the fights between the Evolved and Tac 6 often break out onto the street. When it all started the Evolved had a clear advantage - their powers - but as time went on Tac 6 learned to adapt to that as well. They began to employ Evolved that they were some how controlling to aid them with dealing with these super powered threats. With the backing of a global super giant that works on advanced technologies, the Evolved are in a state of panic; they can never be sure if they'll be next.

Season 1:

Tac 6 acquired a very rare piece of meteorite in a war-torn country of Africa. While it's purpose and use is unknown, Tac 6's interest in it was noticed by an Evolved-run agency who put their mind to the task of acquiring the meteorite for themselves. They reached out to a handful of Evolved around the world, inviting them to take part in a heist in working to grab the meteorite from Tac 6's grasp.

The heist went well, in the form that the Organization of Evolved got what they went in for, but something went terribly, terribly wrong. In the middle of the attack, something fought back. Something large, something terrifying. Something that didn't only attack the Evolved, but the Tac 6 team that was transporting the meteorite.

Even worse, Tac 6 manages to use this incident to turn the public opinion, which had always been leery of, but never fully against the Evolved, against them entirely. They pushed to have various governments of the world, as well as the UN, to pass a legislation that allowed them full rein in the hunting down and capturing of the Evolved.

But in the wake of this setback, the Evolved were given something of a silver lining. The Organization that backed the heist became known as something of a beacon of hope. It's name was the Evolved Rights Agency, or ERA, and it's leader has become the figurehead of the Evolveds' fight for survival against their old foe.

Nobody knows who is backing Tac 6, or what their agenda is, but one thing is clear: They have just gained a major upper hand in this struggle.

Persons of Interest:

George Winston

Founder and figurehead of the ERA. Also an Evolved himself, although his powers are unknown.

Charles O'Neil

Director of Tac 6. Origins unknown, although it is suspected that he has a military past.

-== F.A.Q. ==-
  • Who is running Evolved?
    That would be myself, Deamonbane. At this time there is no Co-GM, but I am accepting volunteers to help with the running of this game!
  • Who can play in Evolved?
    Assuming that they can read and abide by the rules, any member of E is welcome to Evolved.
  • I came late, but I want to play, what do I do?
    Evolved is an always recruiting game, so you follow the normal procedures of sending me a character sheet and getting approval to join! That's it.
  • Can I play a bad guy?
    Please give me a heads up of your idea before you submit a character sheet so we can discuss, but such a thing is possible yes.
  • Can I play a member of Tac 6 instead of one of the Evolved?
    Tac 6 members, agents and affiliates are now being accepted!
  • How will sex be handled?
    Likely a designated side thread, but potentially the appropriate sandbox thread. Details will come later once I have a better grasp of the level of interest.
  • How many characters can I play?
    3-4 different characters. More if you feel the inspiration to keep going, but speak to me about it first.
  • In what board will Evolved take place?
    At this point the intention is to toss the game into Bondage: Exotic Small Groups. This may be adjusted depending on the preferences of those interested.

-== Rules ==-
  • No Drama: We're all adults here; there are better ways to handle things then throwing a tantrum and stomping your feet.
  • No Drama: I'm serious. It won't be tolerated, if you're the source of it you will be removed.
  • Post Size: In Evolved we won't be looking for a specific word count, instead we simply ask that you post in the range of 2+ solid paragrpahs for people to work with. There will be no hard rule about how we handle this, but as GM's we reserve the right to get involved and ask that posts be modified/removed/increased/etc if we feel they are unhealthy to the game in terms of content.
  • Post Frequency: A simple and standard once per week. If you're holding up the game without notice to the GM's, we'll deal with it accordingly.
  • OOC Chatter: Should be kept strictly to the OOC thread - and this thread until such a thread is created.
  • Engage Others: At the end of the day we're all here to have a good time. I won't watch someone be excluded from the game. Include everyone who is approved, support those who are interest, and be proactive in making efforts to engage other players and characters.
  • Communication: Is essential. Just let me and your fellow players know what's going on. No one is going to get angry that your pool burned down and you need time to grieve. We probably will get annoyed that you vanished for a month without saying anything. It takes 20 seconds to send me a PM saying you'll be gone for <x> period of time. Just let me know so I know what to do with your characters!

-== Character Creation ==-
  • First and foremost we want to express that character should not be God-tier from the get go and have plenty of room to advance. If you want a character that has no advancement potential, but starts with their full load, please talk to me first. We don't have a problem with A-Lister type powers, but it does require special planning on my part so we want to keep that limited.
  • When creating your characters powers, please include a seperate blurb about them, beneath the character sheet. This doesn't need to be kept after approval, but you should give me as solid an idea of the strengths and limitations of your powers as possible. We will be discussing powers at length so that I can appropriately assign Class to each character and their respective characters. This will help me going forward make sound calls on who can do what successfully against whatever. The more information you give me up front, the easier and less back and forth we have to do about it.
  • If you have a crazy power idea - world eater, molecular deconstruction, mind control - you should talk to me before putting effort into that. In general powers of this scale need to be limited, and I'm going to want to know the writer can be trusted to be responsible with such things.
  • It's important to note somewhere (Notes section on the character sheet) how long the character has had their Evolution.
  • Just stay away from creation Captain Perfect Destroyer of the Nine Realms and Keeper of the Uber Force. I won't approve it, you'll waste your time.
  • The game is about being hunted - among other things, but primarily - so remember this key: The stronger your character is, the more danger everyone around them is in.

Evolved Character Sheet
Code (Character Sheet) Select

[float=right][center][img height=400 width=400]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img]
[img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][/center][/float][font=courier][size=14pt][b]Evolved Character Sheet[/size][/font]
[font=georgia]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Codename:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]

[b]Class:[/b] - (leave until discussed with GM)

[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Education:[/b]
[b]Wealth Level:[/b]
[b]Languages Known:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Face Claim:[/b]

[b]Physical Description:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]On's & Off's:[/b]

[b][u]Notes[/u][/b]

[b][u]Powers[/u][/b]
[li][b]Evolved Power (0):[/b] [/li]

Tac 6 Character Sheet
[float=right][center][img height=400 width=400]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img]
[img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][/center][/float][font=courier][size=14pt][b]Tac 6 Character Sheet[/size][/font]
[font=georgia]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Codename:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]

[b]Class:[/b] - (leave until discussed with GM )

[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Education:[/b]
[b]Wealth Level:[/b]
[b]Languages Known:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Face Claim:[/b]

[b]Physical Description:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]On's & Off's:[/b]

[b][u]Notes[/u][/b]

-== Questions & Answers ==-
1) Can we use artwork, drawings and the like to depict our character?
We would like everyone to have a face claim, but won't be strictly enforcing this. So yes, artwork, drawings and the like are acceptable.

2) How should character sheets be submitted?
Please PM me all character sheet submissions. If you love me you'll subject it "Evolved CS" or some variation there of.

3) Will game play happen in one location or spread out?
The short answer is both; ideally I'd like to keep people somewhat localized for general interaction reasons but because this is a global event it makes sense that things could be spread out. Some of this will depend on opening scenes with the game, which will be gotten into later. If it's crucial for your character creation somehow, assume localized.

4) How are character powers limited, in terms of how many there can be?
Follow the guidelines in the character creation section. Characters are not limited to just three powers; they can have as many powers as you want to accurately represent the character that you have in mind. Conversely they can also have as few powers as you need to convey your mental image. We're not looking to trap anyone to this hard line in the sand, but rather the overall power of the character is what we're more looking at.

5) Can I create an Evolved character that is in league with Tac 6?
Yes, but please discuss the character with me first, as the type will be few and far between.

-== Game Threads ==-

-== In closing ==-

I would like to extend a great deal of thanks to Wispyr, the original GM and creator of this game. He is the source behind most of this post.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Rummy Tum Tum

Undine

How to bait for an Undine   My O/O's
  When Undine makes for the deep waters My A/A's 

“‘Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.’” ~ Giles, The Shape of Water
My F&S fascinations:  Elegance Wild and Grace Forgotten

LeSane

I'm interested. It's funny I needed a reason to use a character and then this game came into my life.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Deamonbane

Awesome! Nice to meet you, LeSane! Shoot me a message with what you have in mind. Or, better, you could post it here, see if we can't already get some plotting going on with the rest of the folks!

Orange Marmalade

Come play with us folks! Think Marvel meets Heroes. Always looking for character connections!

PrincessAriel

Hmm.. I do loves me some superheroes.
(finished Daredevil finally, I tried to make it last and failed.  :'( )
I'm going to start working on a profile now.
"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

Rummy Tum Tum

PrincessAriel

"Let Me See You

Rummy Tum Tum

Deamonbane

PrincessAriel

"Let Me See You

Rummy Tum Tum

Yeah, that's some fuckin' bullshit.

Actually, I based the mind wiping aspect of Jack's powers off the Silence in Dr. Who. The Obfuscate is from Vampire the Masquerade.

Quote from: PrincessAriel on August 29, 2016, 05:19:09 PM
Nice character. I think she and Jordan could get along great.

PrincessAriel

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on August 29, 2016, 06:27:28 PM
Yeah, that's some fuckin' bullshit.

Actually, I based the mind wiping aspect of Jack's powers off the Silence in Dr. Who. The Obfuscate is from Vampire the Masquerade.

Quote from: PrincessAriel on August 29, 2016, 05:19:09 PM
Nice character. I think she and Jordan could get along great.
You think so? :)
Im just wondering how Amelia can meet everyone honestly. Quite a few of the characters are people that I want Amelia to meet.
"Let Me See You

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: PrincessAriel on August 29, 2016, 09:07:34 PM
Im just wondering how Amelia can meet everyone honestly. Quite a few of the characters are people that I want Amelia to meet.

Max might be able to help with that - being able to detect other Evolved, and someone who travels a lot,  it can make it easy to say somewhere in their history that they met.

PrincessAriel

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 29, 2016, 09:12:33 PM
Max might be able to help with that - being able to detect other Evolved, and someone who travels a lot,  it can make it easy to say somewhere in their history that they met.
Oh really?! Oh that would be perfect.
I will take a look over the other characters, more carefully this time.
But anyone is free to PM me if they want to plot! 
Edit: I added Max into my background. :)
"Let Me See You

Steir

Rummy Tum Tum

Steir

Oversight

Deamonbane

Ooooh I look forward to  seeing this character!