News:

Main Menu

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Started by Sabby, January 23, 2008, 10:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Condemned: Criminal Origins was a launch title for the Xbox 360. Me and my brother and several friends really enjoyed it, and I've seen it get some good reviews, though it was a little over shadowed by some of the other games.

Admittedly, the gameplay was pretty limited. Pick up a melee weapon, like a pipe, swing it left, right or down, and kick to knock an opponent back. There were a few nice executions to use, the tazer added some tactics, and it was fun to see an enemy accidentally miss you and knock out his friends teeth, then watch the fight that follows.

As I said, it was limited, but it did the job. Wouldn't be half as entertaining without the unpredictable nature of the fights.

Now, the sequel is a few months away. I'm hearing good things :)

A few multiplayer modes (one involving the street trash moving and hiding a severed head in a biohazard container, while the police have to track it down and scan it)

Apparently, the combat has been overhauled. The fists are now usable, and combos too, where as before you could only swing actual weapons, and could never string attacks. The combos differ on the context, like if your sprinting. You can also grab enemies and lead them to environmental hazards, or if its available, dislocate shoulders.

Even a simple addition of throwing your weapon is a welcome change :)

Really looking forward to this one.