Interest in a Drakengard 3 Inspired RP

Started by Tokyorose627, May 08, 2021, 12:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

Hello! I’ve been wanting to get back into the RP game for a while now, and I love the ideas and concepts in Yoko Taro’s Drakengard series, especially Drakengard 3!

I was thinking of making a plot basis around the idea of Intoners, or a small group of female characters that have extraordinary abilities, that are either tasked with a prophecy they must commit to finishing, or the group having to work together to fight an evil, while not trying to destroy one another.

This would be a bit difficult as I know not everyone is interested in this type of game, or storyline, but I would love to see if others would be interested! It would have male and female characters, and it could have similar concepts such as the legends of the Intoners and magic, but still be an original story for us to all enjoy!

Please feel free to give your opinions and if you are interested, as I’ve been working in a story RP plot based around these already! :D

wander

You had me at Drakengard, would love to do a ton of stuff related to the whole Yoko Taro Drake-Nier franchise.  :-)

So, I assume that Intoner's Disciples are a valid choice for those who want to play a male character? Gotta have a disciple who is molded into an Intoner's hearts desire to siphon off their sexual tension after all.  ;D

Lynnette

Like Wander, had me at Drakengard, and Yoko Taro as a whole. Color me interested.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Tokyorose627

Thank you for the interest!

Yeah, I love the concept of it and wanted to use these ideas in a original type of RP; it’s just finding the interest and what people are wanting.

Tokyorose627

Still looking to see if others are interested! Depending in the idea and plot, it may be a small group RP!

wander

I think, this is just one of my personal thoughts, how combat will be covered should be a thing.

People here now mainly prefer freeform, indeed system gaming discussion got moved to a containment board only approved members can even see. Most people only play 5e and won't touch another system if indeed they would even touch to do a system game to start with.

I mention this, as freeform games based around a more action-based genre tend to fail when it comes up. Supers games here always putter out quickly as there is nothing for the supers to do and if a GM makes villians to fight, there are some people here who cannot take a failed action or injury as they feel it takes away 'their agency' as a character or player. It turns into 'I hit you'... 'No, you didn't... I hit you!'... ad infinitum nauseum.

I like Yoko Taro stuff and I'd like to see a game involving this stuff working. Also, as the thread is quiet, I feel this could actually open up some discussion on how to solve these issues and improve other games going forward.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: wander on May 11, 2021, 01:24:19 PM
I think, this is just one of my personal thoughts, how combat will be covered should be a thing.

People here now mainly prefer freeform, indeed system gaming discussion got moved to a containment board only approved members can even see. Most people only play 5e and won't touch another system if indeed they would even touch to do a system game to start with.

I mention this, as freeform games based around a more action-based genre tend to fail when it comes up. Supers games here always putter out quickly as there is nothing for the supers to do and if a GM makes villians to fight, there are some people here who cannot take a failed action or injury as they feel it takes away 'their agency' as a character or player. It turns into 'I hit you'... 'No, you didn't... I hit you!'... ad infinitum nauseum.

I like Yoko Taro stuff and I'd like to see a game involving this stuff working. Also, as the thread is quiet, I feel this could actually open up some discussion on how to solve these issues and improve other games going forward.

I do agree with a lot of this. I’ve seen a lot of games where freeform has t been the greatest system, and there are others where this could work out a lot better. Unfortunately I’ve only ever used freeform and would have to learn about these new systems in order to even try implementing them. I wouldn’t even know where to start honestly.

Andol

I would love to get in on this... sadly I only played the first game.... and only got half way through it. However I remember the setting enough to know that yeah... I enjoyed it.