News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Zombie Apocalypse (Full)

Started by Scribbles, March 03, 2011, 06:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbles

So I had an idea for a RP but I wanted to make it more of a collaborative effort than one run by a storyteller. This thread is just a check to see if there might be any interest. If there's enough I'll begin adding a few more details.

Oh, and nothing below is written in stone so feel free to toss in a few ideas or suggestions.

Plot:
Long story short, the city has been overrun by zombies and a group of survivors have managed to barricade themselves within a huge mall, Liberty Mall. For thirty days now they've had everything they need to survive but supplies are growing thin, the electricity is looking to give out and the water, while still clean, is beginning to show signs of impurity. Meanwhile, the survivors stand at around fifty strong.

My Role:
My role is minimal as I don't want the players to rely too heavily on me. In general I'll just keep an eye on the RP, usher out players if they'd like and maybe throw in challenges for the survivors/RP'ers.

Role of Players:
Together the players control the environment, regular zombies and may introduce or control survivors which already reside within the Mall. Just don't go too crazy introducing non-player characters as there is a limit to how many are in the mall. Players will also take part in shaping the Mall community and how they deal with challenges. Basically, the players ARE the storytellers and will hopefully even go so far as to create their own missions. Although if nobody steps up to the plate, I'll try make something happen.

Restrictions:
- Try keep things semi-realistic...
- You may not introduce new types of zombies...
- You may not control/introduce NPC's which aren't part of the Mall survivor's group...
- You may not create threats within or to the Mall itself...
- And you may not injure/kill other player-characters without their express permission...
- Lastly and most importantly, absolutely NO pictures or references of Milla Jovovich. I saw enough of her in the fake zombie movie Resident Evil Afterlife: Ode to Milla to last me a lifetime...

These restrictions are all negotiable, except the last one. So feel free to PM me during the game if you're dying to try something which my pesky restrictions might be hampering.

Character Form:
Picture or Description:
Describe or post a picture of your character.
Known Name:
This is the name which the Mall survivors know you by. It doesn't have to be your character's real name. It can be anything from a name the character took up to a name the other survivors chose for them.
This is basically the equivalent of "history" in some RPs but it allows players to retain at least some secrecy while setting the possible tones others might address them with.
Known Strengths:
You may have a few hidden strengths if you like but in general this is what the other survivors count on you for. You can leave this empty.
Known Weaknesses:
These are the areas where the other survivors know you hold a disadvantage in. You may leave this empty as well.
Extras:
If you want to add something else which the other survivors or players might know of your character, throw it in here.
Allow Temporary Injuries:
Basically, will you allow me to injure your character through RP? Yes, or no. It might add a little more risk to the game but it's not critical.

Leaving and Returning to, or Joining, the Game:
I thought people could generally come and go as they please but with perhaps a few restrictions in mind. If you want to leave at least try usher your character out of the RP or PM me and give me permission to do so for you. And there will probably be a limit as to how many may be in the game at once so PM me before jumping in.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Rachubka

Zoooooooooombbbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeees! (Try saying all those Bs, I dare you)

Anything zombies always wins over my heart. I'll think up something together soon enough.

GloomCookie

First things first.
*pounces on Scribbles and huggy loves*

Ok, now on to the other bits

Name: Jessica Torbin
Reputation: Local model using the money to pay her way through school and get a degree in Engineering.  She's as smart as she is beautiful, and isn't afraid to show off either.
Strengths: Quick thinker and able to tinker and fix things, or figure out ways to work around problems.
Weaknesses: Not much of a fighter, prefers to stay away from the zombies unless absolutely necessary.
Extras: Bisexual with a leaning towards girls, has an absolute dislike to jocks and annoying people.
I will allow the GM to inflict temporary injuries

My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Acid Lips

Picture or Description:

Known Name:
Elizabeth Montgomery (Liza)
She is a very well known singer of a very famous group band. She was planned to have a concert in the state when the outbreak happened. She managed to survive somehow but with loosing all of her bodyguards. She is the type of woman who don't take crap from anybody and even her fans.
Known Strengths:https://elliquiy.com/forums/Themes/elliquiy2/images/bbc/bold.gif
very strong willed woman, she knows a little about guns (enough to survive) and about self defense.
Known Weaknesses:
(not known for now)

yep

Scribbles

Quote from: Rachubka on March 03, 2011, 08:03:57 AM
Zoooooooooombbbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeees! (Try saying all those Bs, I dare you)

Great, now everyone thinks I've gone mad...

Quote from: Linna on March 03, 2011, 08:04:23 AM
First things first.
*pounces on Scribbles and huggy loves*

Linna! *tackle-hugs*

I love the characters so far but I hope we see a few men popping in as well.

Anyway, three's enough interest for me to get started on the finer details. I'll have them up later today.
AA and OO

Odin

Picture or Description:

Known Name:
Woods.
Came in with a younger girl after quite a few people had gathered. Helped in cleaning out the rest of the Mall, and its stores. A general leader figure.
Known Strengths:
Tackling problems head on, dealing with zombies. General mall defenses and maintenance on them.
Known Weaknesses:
Working in teams, despite the leader attribute. He seems to give orders to him, and then others.
Extras:
Seems to be military personal, excluding the dog tags or military clothing.
I Give permission for my character to be wounded temporarily.

SanityIsPointless

"A mall. How original."
NAh, it look quite good. So, here's my character.

Hope I can use weapons otherwise...

Picture or Description:

Known Name: Gambit
Reputation: Considered a bit of a mad man, Shotgun is a bit of a wild gun, and will fire on anything he condones worthy of being shot. His tendency to use a shotgun (Hence his new moniker) normally gets him plugged into the front lines of any situation involving the zombies, and at this point, the only reason he has survived is his sporadic use of his firearm. Considered insane and not willing to deny it, he is one of the strangest survivors.
Known Strengths: While he talks allot, he doesn't talk allot... He will willingly debate or chat, but will never mention his past life to any of the most basic survivors, and considered those he has grown close to to be worthy of his story. He also has an odd knowledge of how weapons work, and can easily determine which weapon would work best for a given situation. No one really knows why though, which can sometimes get him questioned.
Known Weaknesses: As a fan of close-quarters firearms, when it comes to combat over more than 20 feet leaves him at a heavy disadvantage. He is also slightly stupid, which can leave him cornered or trapped more than once.
Extras:
N/A
It's a zombie apocalypse. I can't NOT get injured! Go full throttle!
An undying light will glow in your heart, no matter what becomes of me.

Scribbles

QuoteHope I can use weapons otherwise...

Guns are allowed but characters will likely be conserving ammo.

Okay, so I've finished putting together most of the details. Be sure to read the prologue everyone and let me know if it's alright that I included your character.

Links:
Zombie Apocalypse (Summary)
Zombie Apocalypse (Discussion Thread)
Zombie Apocalypse (Characters)

We have one other person who might join and along with Rachubka I think that's enough players (six). So I'll probably lock this and start the Role-Play thread once their profiles are in.
AA and OO

GloomCookie

Yay!  Awesome sauce.  Can't wait to get started.  Will you be setting the stage and letting us just post where we will?  Or do you plan to plop us down in like a specific situation together?  Just curious, no worries if you haven't gotten that far.  I love the layout of the mall, can't wait to make it a reality.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Rachubka

Wah! Hope people are okay with waiting one more day. Can't do nuffin' until tomorrow. I'm a stinker.

Scribbles

Quote from: Linna on March 05, 2011, 11:15:30 PM
Yay!  Awesome sauce.  Can't wait to get started.  Will you be setting the stage and letting us just post where we will?  Or do you plan to plop us down in like a specific situation together?  Just curious, no worries if you haven't gotten that far.  I love the layout of the mall, can't wait to make it a reality.

I can't wait to see everyone's posts. And the first one. I'll create an initial post, with maybe a few hints thrown in for possible routes to takes, and the survivors will decide where to go from there. You can split up, create new threads, or stick together and see where that takes you.

Quote from: Rachubka on March 06, 2011, 12:54:46 PM
Wah! Hope people are okay with waiting one more day. Can't do nuffin' until tomorrow. I'm a stinker.

There's definitely no rush.

Oh and if there are any other suggestions, questions, etc, post them in the discussion thread. I want to draw the focus off the interest thread for now: Zombie Apocalypse (Discussion Thread)
AA and OO

CrazyIvan

Scribbles

I think so. I'm going to give the other person a prod and see if they're still interested. If not, I'll change the title to "Space Open" or something along those lines.
AA and OO

Liam

Bummer, I had my character completed and was about to post it here. But now it's full... too bad. :(

Well, have fun you guys.

Scribbles

Thanks and sorry Liam, I've changed the title so it's a little clearer.
AA and OO

Rachubka

Known Name:
Heather Gray
Heather is seen as one of the younger members of the group, though not young enough to be deemed weak and useless. Anyone not very far into their teenage years look to Heather for answers and guidance as she's not as intimidating or jaded as many of the other adults.
Known Strengths:
Basic first aid, very approachable and cooperative, athletic, can swing a good bat
Known Weaknesses:
Smallish frame doesn't make Heather very hardy, not much experience with leadership decisions, zero zombie apocalypse experience. :P
Extras:
At the time of the crisis, Heather was wearing athletic leggings with Ugg boots that go up to her mid-calf, a fitted white tank-top and a plain black T, and a green hoodie with the local University's logo on it. Her hair tied back into a neat ponytail. Despite being in a mall, it's still a very strange concept to pick clothes off of the mannequins. Seems fine with stealing cleaning products and swiping underwear out of necessity, though.
Naturally.

Mistress Sarah

This sounds like most awesome Idea, would have loved to chip in, too bad. :/