News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What will you never play again?

Started by Inkidu, August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

The Gothic Series, I, II, and well, III was a bit better but even still, ugh.. First off, you can't even measure how powerful an enemy is in them unless you fight it first and then end up dieing. The combat system is very clunky for an 'action RPG.' The controls are frustrating. Just about everything about the game is nerve racking. Its story was somewhat decent, it was okay a bit visually, but overall given control theme, enemy difficultly, the games just... Suck...

The same can go said about Dungeon Lords. Oh my god, no, just no. Has anyone else played or remotely tried to? I finally got it in one of those multiple RPG game things they do in stores at time. You know, clunk together various RPGs? I'm starting to wonder if Dungeon Lords is by the same company that made god awful Gothic series. 

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

King RTS

I don't really buy or even play many games, but for the ones I do, I tend to like the vast majority of them. Some of which are hated by others as I've noticed, but each to their own.
However, thinking through all the games I have or have played, so far only one or two have come to mind.

I really hated Empire Earth 2 the most. The first one was by far epic and much better than the second. Mostly because of the "free-build" ability in the first game. The second one killed it by making you build in specific "counties" and you were limited on how much you could even build! wtf? When I gather enough resources, I wanna build where I wanna build darn it! That pretty much ruined the experiance I had, so I settle with the first one happilly. Although I have yet to play the third installment for fears of another repeat. Besides that, the first had a challenging AI no matter what difficulty it was set on. Different difficulty and terrain required different strategies.

Outside of that, I don't entirely hate much of anything else. Yes, I have my dislikes but overall still will play other things on occasion.
-King RTS-"I'm the King of My World!"

Inkidu

Demigod. Freaking half-baked piece of crap!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on December 31, 2009, 07:11:00 PM

I read that as 'half-naked'.  I'm committing typos in my brain.  >_>
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Paladin

Quote from: Ket on August 25, 2009, 09:07:33 PM
FF X.

I'm on a mission to remove every last copy of it from the world, destroy all versions of the soundtrack (especially the damn blitzball score... OMGRIPHAIROUTNAO!)

Yeah, I loathe that game.

*Hides his game and soundtrack from ket.* You will have these over my dead body!!!!

Paladin

Quote from: Aiden on September 01, 2009, 10:38:18 PM
Final Fantasy 7

Cloud sucks!

All disagree with that. FF7 was the first cool FF game made.

Pellafin

I will say FF7 is one I will never play agian
Arkady Duvall: You! I don't believe it!
Jonah Hex: Guess I'm just a bad penny.
Arkady Duvall: Why are you doing this?
Jonah Hex: Because I don't like you.

Sabby

Code of the Samurai.

...this is what happens when EB Games has a sale and I have spendable money >.>

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Inkidu on December 31, 2009, 07:11:00 PM

^
^
^
*Gives respect points*

xD

Hmm.. As for other games...

Ugh.. Sacred 2 wasn't all that great, or to me it wasn't. Seemed like Diablo rip off with too many enemies and stuff. v.v

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Silk

Final fantasy tends to follows a repeatable pattern on the most part

You have the warrior/monster enemy being controled by a manevolent puppetmaster (Septheroth/Jenova, Edea Adel Seifer/Ultimecia, Kuja/Garland, Sin jecht/Yevon, Kefka/Emperor Gestahl,  Golbez/Zemus)

The main character has a link or history to the warrior badguy this can be related, past exploits, etc

This link is somehow elaborated later on in the game. When you find Cid you know he is your airship designer. This varies a bit between each game but the main plot arc is always there.

Game I probably will not play again is any CoD games, they just genuinely irritate me, but then I've always prefered swords over guns, but guns over gunblades.

Tachi

Drake Valentine

I actually liked Clock Tower...

I mean.. Sure it's dynamics was a bit flunky... The voice acting was a bit corny.. There could of been so much more room for improvement, but to me it was still a rather interesting game.. It was something 'new' and 'different.' It 'tried.' I liked the concept of it. It was also one of those games you could play and laugh at. xD

gothram

Quote from: Scott on August 26, 2009, 11:39:17 AM
Monopoly... it's just plain old boring.

oh lol! i agree completely! that game ruins families!

and personally i HATED assassins creed. after a few of the repetitive missions it just became so dull i was going to kill myself!
Humor is reason gone mad
       -Groucho Marx-

Darkpoet

Pretty much any MMORPG that isn't Guild Wars, or Dungeons and Dragons Online.

I've given most of them a chance, and have only left a lot more bored than what I was when I started.

Smoothtrooperette

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 30, 2009, 08:20:43 PM
Eh, I don't feel like soloing to 80 or whatever level cap they raise it to again.  60-70 was a bitch to do.

You level dickloads fast now.
Rogues start with two daggers.
Shamans start with a club and a shield.
Everyone else starts with a two hander.
You get mounts at level 20 for five gold.
You get epic mounts at level 40 for 60 gold.
You get regular flying at 60 for only 300 gold.
Let's not forget the new dungeon system.  Need to level a toon quickly?  Just throw yourself in a dungeon.
It's getting WAY too easy.  I'm just in it for my Worgen when Cata comes out.  Then I'm done and selling my account for a lot of money. 

Anyway! The game I'll never play again is Jade Cocoon 2.  What the hell happened?  The first one was -awesome.-  And then they pop -that- out?  Really? 

Satnslillgrl

Any Final Fantasy game (except Final Fantasy Legend II for Gameboy. <3 that game!)

Quote from: Oniya on December 31, 2009, 08:13:43 PM
I read that as 'half-naked'.  I'm committing typos in my brain.  >_>

I do it all the time, Oniya.
Believe me, believe me. I can't tell you why.
But I'm trapped by your love and I'm chained to your side.
O/OA/A  UPDATED 1/3 <<--READ ME!!

Samael

Quote from: Lirliel on August 26, 2009, 01:19:14 AM
Warhammer 40k - Firewarrior - Just.. the name should be enough ok, had enough counseling for that game.

And I thought I was the only one who had ever played this horrible game.
Aiming seemed to jerk about randomly, you could barely aim (Take note, I played it on the PC, where there is -no- excuse for this), you moved like molasse, the art was bad, there was tearing, the animations were jerky, the effects just bad, and the story, what I saw of it (I only completed the first level, then deleted the game from my HD and destroyed the copy I had), was forgettable and cliche.

Manhunt 2. Just... no.
I thought it would be similar to 1, but it was so much worse. It was like the design didn't get upgraded, but downgraded. It played worse than the original and it looked worse as well.

On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Sabby

Darksiders. It can go jump in a microwave.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on January 27, 2010, 01:34:52 AM
Darksiders. It can go jump in a microwave.
I had heard such promise from that game too.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Aftiel

White Knight Chronicles, i got sucked in by its ability to customize a character to play in there, and there is alot of customization though you always look like an anime character (which fits with the theme of the game) the catch is, your custom character has nothing to do with the story at all, your a sidekick that plays second fiddle to every other character in the game, even the ones you just pass by once, you only show up in at most 50% of cut scenes, you have no lines, and no one even talks AT you except in two cut scenes, combat is, dull at best, boss fights range from impossible to simple, so much promice, and nothing to show for it except a fancy game where your not the main character. The story too needs alot of work, its your classic badguy kidnaps princess who is a sleeping goddess, so he can use her to unlock these super weapons and bring them together to destroy the world.
I was such an edgelord a decade ago LOL.

Pseudonymous

After playing mostly modern RPGs, it's been tough trying to get into fairly old-school games. As soon as I moved around in Gothic's world, I could not stand how movement was so sluggish and how item looting was handled. Fallout I and II were also displeasing because of the general atmosphere of the game. I loved Arcanum, though.

Then there are game adaptations of movies, TV shows, and cartoons. While this problem has alleviated in the past few years, I still tend to steer clear of games related to Marvel/DC, Disney, etc.

Beezy

WoW.
Never cared for FF much- but the graphics were always great and alluring
Yes, Darksiders was a one time playthrough game, but it was epic

I used to play counter-strike a lot, 1.5 and 1.6.  I love CoD.  I love FPSs.  I definitely have awesome memories and stories from tons of people i've met through gaming.  PC, console, voiceservers- met some awesome people, and i wouldn't trade those memories for anything.  I love the Internet!

Sabby

Hemingway

Too Human. I endured some of the worst mechanics in the history of gameplay, only to have the worst ending of all time shoved in my face; just as the plot seems to be picking up, the game ends. It ends, in essence, before the climax.

Damnation. It looked amazing from all the trailers, but all it did amazingly was suck. And not in a good way.

What else? Probably a lot. I play more games than any sane person should, and I've probably just repressed the memories. There are probably a lot of games that just aren't worth mentioning, too.

Sabby

Ya know, there IS some debate over the title of worst 360 game of all time... the two main contenders is Damnation and Infernal.

I've owned both (thank God I pirated them...) and I'm torn over which sucks more >.< and the worse part is both had great potential. Steam Punk Civil War? Awesome. A Fallen Angel becoming Satan's new hitman? Awesome.

What we got? Crap not fit to feed tomato fields...