Songs featuring girl's names

Started by LamentingQuill, September 07, 2014, 02:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Speaking of bananas...

Venus - Bananarama - True Confessions
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

of course!

Change in Louise ~ Joe Cocker, from With A Little Help From My Friends

;)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

gaggedLouise

The Seduction of Sweet Louise ~ Louise Hoffsten (Swedish rock/blues singer) - from album Stygg ("sassy, naughty", an apt title to house this particular track, performed solo against a Mannish Boy-style rumbling bass riff and Lou playing harmonica:  a real tomboy)

Strangefate

A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Beguile's Mistress

Oniya

Gloria - Them - The Angry Young Them.

Beguile's Mistress

"Help Me Rhonda" by The Beach Boys

gaggedLouise

Diana ~ Prefab Sprout - from Protest Songs (recorded in 1985, released in '89, a remarkably prescient song about the Princess of Wales, Charles, the media adulation and the coming strain on their marriage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbZDbbPrX3w

Strangefate

A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Nowherewoman

Windy- The Association/Windy Sometime
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Beguile's Mistress

"Rosanna" ~ Toto ~ From the Album The Essential Toto

Oniya

Maggie - James Young - Out on a Day Pass.

Strangefate

A/A/Misc
On/Offs

Fruitsteak

Joan Crawford, by Blue Öyster Cult.

Strangefate

Nettie Moore - Bob Dylan

(I am listening to Blue Oyster Cult right now oddly enough)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

Fruitsteak

Rio, by Duran Duran, on Rio (1982)

Quote from: Strangefate on September 10, 2014, 02:26:01 AM
(I am listening to Blue Oyster Cult right now oddly enough)
Would you say it was a... strange fate? They're a personal favourite of mine :D

Beguile's Mistress

"Sharon" ~ by David Bromberg ~ From the Album Demon In Disguise

Strangefate

Peggy Sue - Buddy Holly

QuoteWould you say it was a... strange fate? They're a personal favourite of mine

(Well, probably not that strange.  I was going through my old CDs a month or two ago and realized I hadn't listened to to them in years, so they're on pretty heavy rotation when on I'm my home computer lately.  Also Led Zeppelin, another band I hadn't listened to in years. :-) )   
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

gaggedLouise

Kelly Watch the Stars ~ Air, from Moon Safari

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Fruitsteak

Für Elise, by Beethoven

Quote from: Strangefate on September 10, 2014, 04:30:33 PM(Well, probably not that strange.  I was going through my old CDs a month or two ago and realized I hadn't listened to to them in years, so they're on pretty heavy rotation when on I'm my home computer lately.  Also Led Zeppelin, another band I hadn't listened to in years. :-) )

(Hmm... Some Zeppelin sounds really good right now. For some reason, I have to be in a very specific mood to listen to them, and I've been in that mood lately. Thank you for reminding me of the fact I can listen to them!)

Oniya

Strangefate

A/A/Misc
On/Offs