Songs featuring girl's names

Started by LamentingQuill, September 07, 2014, 02:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Speaking of bananas...

Venus - Bananarama - True Confessions
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

of course!

Change in Louise ~ Joe Cocker, from With A Little Help From My Friends

;)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

gaggedLouise

The Seduction of Sweet Louise ~ Louise Hoffsten (Swedish rock/blues singer) - from album Stygg ("sassy, naughty", an apt title to house this particular track, performed solo against a Mannish Boy-style rumbling bass riff and Lou playing harmonica:  a real tomboy)

Strangefate

A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Beguile's Mistress

Oniya

Gloria - Them - The Angry Young Them.

Beguile's Mistress

"Help Me Rhonda" by The Beach Boys

gaggedLouise

Diana ~ Prefab Sprout - from Protest Songs (recorded in 1985, released in '89, a remarkably prescient song about the Princess of Wales, Charles, the media adulation and the coming strain on their marriage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbZDbbPrX3w

Strangefate

A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Nowherewoman

Windy- The Association/Windy Sometime
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Beguile's Mistress

"Rosanna" ~ Toto ~ From the Album The Essential Toto

Oniya

Maggie - James Young - Out on a Day Pass.

Strangefate

A/A/Misc
On/Offs

Fruitsteak

Joan Crawford, by Blue Öyster Cult.

Strangefate

Nettie Moore - Bob Dylan

(I am listening to Blue Oyster Cult right now oddly enough)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

Fruitsteak

Rio, by Duran Duran, on Rio (1982)

Quote from: Strangefate on September 10, 2014, 02:26:01 AM
(I am listening to Blue Oyster Cult right now oddly enough)
Would you say it was a... strange fate? They're a personal favourite of mine :D

Beguile's Mistress

"Sharon" ~ by David Bromberg ~ From the Album Demon In Disguise

Strangefate

Peggy Sue - Buddy Holly

QuoteWould you say it was a... strange fate? They're a personal favourite of mine

(Well, probably not that strange.  I was going through my old CDs a month or two ago and realized I hadn't listened to to them in years, so they're on pretty heavy rotation when on I'm my home computer lately.  Also Led Zeppelin, another band I hadn't listened to in years. :-) )   
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

gaggedLouise

Kelly Watch the Stars ~ Air, from Moon Safari

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Fruitsteak

Für Elise, by Beethoven

Quote from: Strangefate on September 10, 2014, 04:30:33 PM(Well, probably not that strange.  I was going through my old CDs a month or two ago and realized I hadn't listened to to them in years, so they're on pretty heavy rotation when on I'm my home computer lately.  Also Led Zeppelin, another band I hadn't listened to in years. :-) )

(Hmm... Some Zeppelin sounds really good right now. For some reason, I have to be in a very specific mood to listen to them, and I've been in that mood lately. Thank you for reminding me of the fact I can listen to them!)

Oniya

Strangefate

A/A/Misc
On/Offs