News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mass Effect 2 (With spoilers!)

Started by Avi, January 15, 2010, 09:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

Favorite Renegade interrupt has to be shooting the explosive tank out from under the Krogan during Mordin's loyalty mission. XD  One of the few times I indulged, just because the guy was speaking out of his ass.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Inkidu

I always liked shooting that guy on Korlus who tries to radio you in. It's so casual it's awesome!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Aragem

I always give Tali a hug when she's crying over her father and I always speak up for the quarian girl on the Citadel.

Inkidu

Quote from: Aragem on March 15, 2010, 06:47:23 PM
I always give Tali a hug when she's crying over her father and I always speak up for the quarian girl on the Citadel.
I've never not given Tali a hug but I have passed on a lot of the renegade and paragon actions.

Also: Did you know there's a renegade action when you're looking through Archangel's scope scouting out the eclipse? it's pretty well hidden but I caught the glimpse of renegade star. They never give you two options at the same time though for actions. That would have been awesome.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Avi

Quote from: Inkidu on March 15, 2010, 08:20:13 PM
I've never not given Tali a hug but I have passed on a lot of the renegade and paragon actions.

Also: Did you know there's a renegade action when you're looking through Archangel's scope scouting out the eclipse? it's pretty well hidden but I caught the glimpse of renegade star. They never give you two options at the same time though for actions. That would have been awesome.

I did notice that Renegade interrupt.  Heh.  Missed it on my first playthrough, but I did it this time around.  It was worth it. :P

TheWriter

Quote from: Avi on March 15, 2010, 06:20:54 PM
Favorite Renegade interrupt has to be shooting the explosive tank out from under the Krogan during Mordin's loyalty mission. XD  One of the few times I indulged, just because the guy was speaking out of his ass.
Favourite Renegade is somewhere between headbutting the krogan (then fixing the crick in your neck), or owning the Eclipse team in Miranda's loyalty mission.  And I only picked up on the scope Renegade option in my second playthrough.

Quote from: Aragem on March 15, 2010, 06:47:23 PM
Same here.  Gotta lot of love for the quarians.

Quote from: Karma on March 15, 2010, 06:23:08 PM
<Femshep looking all renegade>
Where do you get the Alliance beret?  And casual appearance in combat for that matter?

Coalesced.ini modding. Sorry, console players. :P

TheWriter

Ah, cool.  I figured you had to buy it somewhere on the Citadel or something.  First playthrough I made I hated the fact Shepard stood there telling Garrus or Tali he wasn't working for Cerberus, while wearing a Cerberus uniform.

EDIT:  Damn, thought it'd be a bit easier than that.  And it doesn't look like too many options there...seems like too much work for not enough payoff.

FURTHER EDIT: 
Quote from: Cerberus Daily NewsSpecies throughout Council space are celebrating the asari holiday of Janiris today, a springtime fertility ritual marking the new year.  Janiris is celebrated with the making and wearing of flower wreaths, exchanged among friends and lovers.  This year, Janiris falls upon the Earth holiday of St. Patrick's Day, a once-religious holiday now celebrated in secular fashion with parades and the consumption of green fermented drinks. 

To mark the dual holiday, humans are making wreaths containing shamrocks, the festival's traditional plant.  Earth's Chicago River, usually dyed green for the day, will be dyed blue as a nod to Janiris.
It took a video game to remind me that today (it's the 17th here) was St Patrick's Day. 

Shiala here's already in the spirit.  Happy Janiris/St Patrick's Day, everyone.

I commissioned art of Raven and Samara. See it in my O/O here, obviously NSFW. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=23468.msg2863584#msg2863584

WhiteyChan

ZOMG!

Finally completed it for the first time today. Awesomeness! I was so tempted to just turn around and start playing it again, but, my Dad wanted the TV... so gonna play it tomorrow!

Avi

I'm kinda irritated... I'm doing my second playthrough, romancing Tali, and for the life of me, I can't get my Paragon points high enough to avoid pissing off either Miranda or Jack when they have their confrontation.  I even waited until I had no other choice than to do Jack's loyalty mission, my Paragon bar is one notch short of completely full, and it's still not good enough. X_X

I think I have to resign myself to pissing off one or the other, even though I managed to avoid it the first time through.  Does it get harder to do on a second run or something?

No. You just need one bar full to bring it back, I've read. A sliver short isn't enough. If you do your "personalized" runs, you may not have enough early enough.

Avi

I dunno, my Paragon bar is more than 3/4 full, though, which I don't think it was anywhere near the last run.  X_X  I wonder, because it just seems impossible, that it may be a glitch...

Avi

I don't remember it being full on my first playthrough... and this isn't the "take it back" part, it's during the initial confrontation, where it should theoretically be easier to do.

Dunno. I played straight renegade and straight paragon, and I was able to do it both times.

Avi

Heh, I guess I mixed a little too much Renegade in with this playthrough.  Oh well.  I'll just have to redo it again. XD

TheWriter

Just in case people are still having trouble with the suicide mission, here's a little something I threw together for the folks over on /v/.

Suicide Mission Flowchart (linked for spoilers)

Avi

I think I discovered the problem with my second playthrough.  Rather than importing my ME1 character again, I imported my ME2 Shepard, and lost all the bonus Paragon/Renegade points that I got from leveling up his Passive Power.  Those points add significantly to the overall score, and I was missing them on my second playthrough because there was no leveling up to be done.

You don't get a "boost." Rather, at each event, you get a larger amount. Leveling up isn't a factor. =/

Inkidu

WhiteyChan

Quote from: Inkidu on March 26, 2010, 01:46:10 PM
Who the heck is Kasumi?

I was just thinking this xD Maybe its Thane?

Geeklet

Scientist Salarian

I totally cracked up when this first hit me...