X-men, take two...

Started by NikitaFirestar, November 24, 2006, 01:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zarduun

Nikita will definetly have a final say on this, but I wouldn't say the characters 'have' to have powers.  Grant it power wise Batman is mortal.  But mortal does not mean helpless.  Why do you think he carries around a sliver of kryptonite concealed in his utility belt?  The man has contigency plans for situations he hasn't even encountered yet.

All niceness aside, Batman is a paranoid and manipulative semi-likeable jerk.  The only time he was ever given news that silenced him was when Superman and Wonder Woman sat him down and told him that WW was pregnant, and that they wanted him to be the child's god father as they felt he would be able to impart a humanity on the child that as an alien and near goddess they could not.  When WW comments that they finally gave him news that caught him off guard and made him quiet...he wasn't caught off guard.. he was quieted by realizing they were basically placing quite possibly the most powerful being on the planet in his care..

So aye, feel free to bring those Mortals in to play, just because you may not exactly fit into the school doesn't mean there won't be fun to be had in New York City.  The Marvel Universe is such a diverse ammount of characters, it seems a shame to limiting people to just being a student at Xavier's Academy.
The only thing we have on record evil enough to represent all of your sins is, well, You. -Castle of Ordeals
For the rest
http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=051018

indarkestknight

And if he weren't paranoid and manipulative, the JLA would be screwed. Ever read Trial by Fire? I admit, taking special note of Tower of Babel as I do, that it isn't always for the best, but they need him. Why? Because, yes, he's paranoid, yes, he's manipulative, but he's also usually right.

Zakharra

QuoteThe only time he was ever given news that silenced him was when Superman and Wonder Woman sat him down and told him that WW was pregnant, and that they wanted him to be the child's god father as they felt he would be able to impart a humanity on the child that as an alien and near goddess they could not.  When WW comments that they finally gave him news that caught him off guard and made him quiet...he wasn't caught off guard.. he was quieted by realizing they were basically placing quite possibly the most powerful being on the planet in his care..

WW got pregnat?!  :o :o

indarkestknight

Kingdom Come. Non-canon. Possible future. I liked it, though-- good story.

Praxis

Quote from: zarduun on November 30, 2006, 07:56:45 PM
Nikita will definetly have a final say on this, but I wouldn't say the characters 'have' to have powers.  Grant it power wise Batman is mortal.  But mortal does not mean helpless.  Why do you think he carries around a sliver of kryptonite concealed in his utility belt?  The man has contigency plans for situations he hasn't even encountered yet.

All niceness aside, Batman is a paranoid and manipulative semi-likeable jerk.  The only time he was ever given news that silenced him was when Superman and Wonder Woman sat him down and told him that WW was pregnant, and that they wanted him to be the child's god father as they felt he would be able to impart a humanity on the child that as an alien and near goddess they could not.  When WW comments that they finally gave him news that caught him off guard and made him quiet...he wasn't caught off guard.. he was quieted by realizing they were basically placing quite possibly the most powerful being on the planet in his care..

So aye, feel free to bring those Mortals in to play, just because you may not exactly fit into the school doesn't mean there won't be fun to be had in New York City.  The Marvel Universe is such a diverse ammount of characters, it seems a shame to limiting people to just being a student at Xavier's Academy.

I'm well aware of the type of guy the Bat is...but if the title of the game is "X-Men" then ideally, everyone present is a mutant.

So I'll mull it over and come up with a hero.

A question.  Is it in the aftermath of the mutants getting wiped by Scarlet Witch, as well as Civil War?

Praxis

So...how about Task Master, looking to walk the path of the angels now, instead of being a bad ass for hire?

ZK

Just what do you want in detail on character definations? What format too? :)
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

zarduun

As far as time frame, etc, we're wanting to keep this rather simple to start out with.  As such the events with Scarlet Witch and the Civil War have not happened.  Nikita and I talked about the Civil War atleast, and we thought something with that much impact would be more interesting having PC's involved with it shaping out, than to expect people to know the complexities of the plot line and throw people into it.

As for what we are looking for in a character profile.  A name, codename (if you want), write up of powers, physical description and a brief history would be good.

As for allowed characters, we are very open.  I'll talk with Nikita about what we can mark the game as, since I think we would both enjoy seeing it broader than just the goings on of the School.  After all, two characters we will likely have in the game are not mutants at all.  Allowed characters are Marvel/DC heroes as well as original characters...  from either setting.  We will be having it in the Marvel Universe however, as the view on vigilantes is much more realistic, people reacting to mutants in a much more realistic way.
The only thing we have on record evil enough to represent all of your sins is, well, You. -Castle of Ordeals
For the rest

Zakharra

Quote from: zarduun on November 30, 2006, 07:56:45 PM

For those who wonder what the senior members of the JLA do at night when they are not saving the world;
http://www.supermegatopia.com/booty/gallery/gallery.php?thisLink=jlawow.jpg

LordAnubis

Stupid word ate my description.  I'll be getting the character to you guys soon.

For someone who has been out of the comic loop for awhile, will you have a tread with any major events that occured?  or at least a link to a site witht he events and you saying (timeline changes at this point)  Just because I'm aware of some things existing, but I don't know the world as well as I used to.

Praxis

I'm out.  Thanks for answering my inquiries though.

:)

NikitaFirestar

As for right now, I'm trying not to force too much of a timeline onto it. It is goingto be about twenty years or so after the team had Psylocke, Archangel, Rogue, Gambit. All the oldies and Goldies. *Chuckles* Of course, that doesn't mean, like zarduun said, that your character has to be a mutant or anything like that. Just because it says X-men, doesn't mean that there aren't humans. There were plenty of humans that worked with the X-men, like Moira.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Zakharra

And the term mutant doesn't mean they have any powers. To be a mutant, you have to be different somehow.  Most mutants have no powers at all, but it's my thinking that the mutants that always grab the headlines are the ones with powers because they are capable of resisting the best. Plus the snazzy spandex uniforms cost money to get.  :P

Zakharra

Quote from: NikitaFirestar on December 03, 2006, 08:18:53 AM
As for right now, I'm trying not to force too much of a timeline onto it. It is goingto be about twenty years or so after the team had Psylocke, Archangel, Rogue, Gambit. All the oldies and Goldies. *Chuckles* Of course, that doesn't mean, like zarduun said, that your character has to be a mutant or anything like that. Just because it says X-men, doesn't mean that there aren't humans. There were plenty of humans that worked with the X-men, like Moira.

*cough* You know it's been 30 years real time since the team had those characters, of course times doesn't affect the X-Men normally (and the ladies do not get saggy boobs or butts either.  :P ))

NikitaFirestar

*Chuckles* I know, but I'm a sucker for the originals like Rogue and Gambit and all them. Fell in love the first time I read/saw them all. And you're right. *Whispers* I think its the spandex!

Zakharra

*waits with eager anticipation*

Elven Sex Goddess

Is a board still going up for this game?

zarduun

Yes, there is.  Hopefully there will be one going up here soon, Nikita and I just need to touch base which has been difficult past few days.  Have to love flu season :(
For the rest

NikitaFirestar

Hunter

I guess since I've managed to stumble back in (where's the beer again?) I'll try and dive back into this one.