Winter Wonderland II [Miss Emerald Wins!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, January 24, 2013, 01:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarena

Mistress Emerald had chosen Black Manor to vacation for the snow, the quiet and the possibility of finally finishing up her novel.  It seemed the only thing that was a sure thing was the snow.  A murder hardly lent itself to peace and quiet.  Though...it did give her an idea on where to go next with the chapter she'd been stuck on for the past month. 

What's more, her and her fellow guests were expected to solve the crime themselves! She was not going to get any writing done at this rate.  With deliberate steps, she made her way through the snow to Cabin Three.  It seemed as good a place as any to start.
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Mr Bigglesworth

Mister Green, an unremarkable looking man in his mid-40s with scraggly blond hair, had heard of last year’s events, they were actually part of the reason he was here; he fancied himself an amateur detective, and hoped to spend his time digging up any unearthed clues from last year’s tragedy.   Hearing the news of poor Miss Scarlet brought a twinge of excitement to him, though he felt a little guilty at feeling giddy at the expense of her most unfortunate passing, either way it was a mystery to solve!

He saw quietly as the other’s got up and left the dining room, observing their body language, their faces – among them was evil, and he was intent on rooting it out.

He could settle in later, now was the time to investigate, while clues were sure to still be fresh.  Mistress Emerald was one of the last to leave, he followed her to cabin 3, figuring he might learn more from talking with others, seeing how they behave than from just the cabins themselves – Mistress Emerald and cabin 3 seemed like as good a place to start as any..

Beguile's Mistress

Lady Amethyst ambled along the path to the cabins coming at them from the far end.  Strange noises had been coming from the cabin to one side of her at random times since she checked in but there was never any sign of something amiss.  Cabin 20  was on the end and would be a perfect location for a murder to hide.  She was going to check Lady Pink's cabin to satisfy her curiosity.  A knock on the door that went unanswered made her smile.  The knob turned easily in her hand and she was soon inside the cabin looking around for anything out of the ordinary.

Sasha

Lady Auburn swayed her hips as she moved about the cabin , similar to her own ....and maybe a little different , elegant enough in a winterwonderland . The vacation did so match the brochere . Only seemingly leaving out the you might be killed with an overnight visit . One read about these things ...witnessed very few . Almost forgetting the bottle of wine tucked under her arm . " Well we could drink some wine ....I just not one to drink much . Rather not give up the upper hand .... in case , I ...." 

As the light bulb went off ...could this welcoming woman indeed be the killer . She had not thought of that ...not until this very moment . A twinge of fear rippled through her body . As she grabbed a fan and began to wave it in the air ...." Little warm in here anyways . "  Once the tea was done she would pour about a shot in the tea ...needing to calm her own nerves . Can't go around suspecting everyone but ...was it safe to travel alone . Trying to figure out what to talk about next .

She would drink the cup of tea ....and just try to enjoy the woman's company before heading out again . " So have you been here before ...Lady Auqa ?"

Starlequin

Señor Oro's blood ran cold as the Señorita moved close to him and batted those long, soft pestañas. A dark thought had just crossed his mind: could this seemingly-helpless ángel conceal the heart of a killer? He held what he hoped was a comforting smile on his face as he slyly glanced about the room, searching for anything the female might use as a weapon should he turn his back. Not that he would, of course. Only a tonto turned his back on a beautiful woman, even a trustworthy one. And Oro sensed that this one liked to play the games.

"Perdoname, Señorita. Por favor, calm your troubled heart; I give you my solemn oath, you are in no danger so long as I stand at your side," the Spaniard said, one hand instinctively moving to the handle of his sheathed saber. 'Unless, of course, you prove to be one of the monstruos we hunt,' he thought, the grim notion (hopefully) hidden behind his comforting expression. "I confess, Señorita, at thees time I harbor no suspicions toward any of our fellow travelers, and so I fear I must suspect all of them. Sometheeng about thees place feels...consabido, as though I once visited here in another life. But tonight I too am a stranger in need of guidance. I would implore you Señorita, share your thoughts with me, and perhaps together we may unravel thees tapiz enmarañada de terror."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Galactic Druid

Chef Basil trudged in through the thick snow. He was late, cold, and way too wet. As much as he hated to admit, he was in no condition to be making any dinners. It would mean starting even later than he already was, but dinner would need to wait just a little longer for him to stop by cabin 7 for a chance to change out of his soaking clothes. At least he was alone, for the time being...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Valerian

Miss Jade did not mind the snow or the cold, but she did wonder what in the world she was still doing here, given the fate of the last guests.  It didn't exactly make it seem promising that this would be a restful getaway.  She would have to try to keep her wits about her and hope for the best.  In the meantime, since everyone else seemed intent on being on the move -- not a bad idea, since moving targets were always harder to hit -- she joined in and began walking towards cabin 11 to see what she might see.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Green watched as Señor Oro layed his charms upon  Mistress Emerald, clearly he had the situation well in hand, so he decided to wander over to Cabin 2 to see what Lady Auburn and Madame Aqua were up to, and if there were any clues to be found there.

persephone325

Madame Aqua noted that the lady didn't answer her question, so she still didn't know who she was addressing. Maybe she could figure out a guess.

"No. This is my first time." She replied with a smile as she sat down with a cup of tea in her hand. Movement from outside the window caught her attention. Madame Aqua stood up from her chair and headed to her door. She opened it slowly, and peeked out to see Mr. Green outside. She hadn't formally met him, but she heard a bit about it. Not much to generate a first impression on.

"Mr. Green. Would you like to come in?" She asked, opening the door a bit more for his possible entrance.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Josietta

Lady Violet watched the Spanish speaking man and smiled. She watched as he moved and glanced around the cabin. She wasn't sure just who he shared it with but they were definitely female. She noted the clothing and shoes as well as other personal items that may have been laying about. Her fingers trailed over a dresser before she looked back to the Spaniard and smiled reassured of his protection or seemingly so at any rate. The blonde gypsy wasn't sure just how much she could trust him but if she could gain more trust in him then she could have someone to watch her back at night and maybe even keep her warm as her room was very lonely.

"Ohh.. I am so very sorry. I should have introduced myself first." She approached him and held out a small well manicured hand. Her skin was cool to touch but it was a bit drafty in the manor. "I am Lady Violet. I have no suspicions but I would need someone to be at my side through this travesty. I do not expect you to trust me so openly but I hope to gain that trust as we search for who may have committed such a terrible act against Ms Scarlet."

She frowned a bit at her last words and sighed some before leaning close to the handsome dusky skinned man. If he was to blame he would surely be colder than she was as the victim was found outside.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

SunshineSparkle

After a thorough search in Mr. Green's cabin, Dr. Ivory decided to go about her investigation in another one, a last look at the room and she was outside, where the snow had covered the floor, giving Black Manor a whole new dimension. One would think they were having a blast during their vacation which was her intention by coming here, now they need to hunt down the two culprits who were terrorizing them.
She made a quick stop by her cabin to take an aspirin; her head was aching and a slight dizziness washed over her.

Guests were coming and going between the cabins as she crossed over to the opposite side, crispy air filling her lungs with each taken breath. She wasn't too fond of cold seasons, though it made her indifferent.
Arriving at her destination, she turned the doorknob of cabin 14 and entered for more evidence hunting.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Sasha

After searching with her eyes the best she could the interior layout ...something seemed a little different about this cabin but she couldn't figure it out . The reassurance that the lady was here for the first time seemed calm Lady Auburn's nerves . Couldn't really suspect her of hiding Jack Frost in her closet anyways could one .

As the door opened and MR Green seemed to be joining them . " A good evening to you Mister Green ....though tis a cold chill in the air . Would youlike to have a cup of tea or some wine . "  she was still enjoying a little of both mixed together . Simping seemed to be calming her nerves . Maybe the gentleman had some thoughts on the matter about this situation that seemed to come out of no where at dinner . She rather wanted to find another that had been here the last time things went haywire . Maybe that knowledge might have a clue in it as to whom might be guilty this time around . 

The idea that one could of come and slipped away so easily last time though made a chill go through her spine . Still with three of them now in the cabin there were safety in numbers . Lady Auburn seemed to be grasping at straws as to whether she was safe or not at the moment. Thinking maybe a little conversation and then heading back to her own cabin might be in order though . A good rest ..start fresh in the morning . Or was this to be an all night affair . Putting the cup of tea down ...if so , maybe less alchol in the system was best .

yugi006

Even though he thought that it would be locked he decided to try anyway. Mister Orange placed his hands on the door knob and twisted it. The door slowly opened.. He was surprised to see it open so easily. With a murderer around he thought that all cabins would be locked. He called out to Lady Amethyst seeing as it was her cabin for the duration of this investigation. Hearing no response he walked in and began to investigate. He really didn't know what exactly he was looking for but he tried to look for anything out of the ordinary.

Autumn Sativus

Last call for movement between cabins.

I'll be ending the round shortly. Remember you must guess the cabin you are located in as your suspicion of where the murder took place.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

As the evening comes to a close the many guests of Black Manor's winter party have settled in to cabins for the evening, some in their own, some visiting with others, but all of them sharing one goal - searching for evidence. The rest of the evenings will be spent investigating the cabins for evidence of the unfortunate demise of Miss Scarlet.

I am waiting for suspicions from:
ThatRPGuy
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Okay for the next round we definitely need to speed things up. Almost 3 weeks for one round is a little ridiculous. xD

Hopefully we'll be continuing shortly.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Sorry for the wait everyone.

Chelemar has resigned from the game for unforseen RL issues.

On with the show.

PMs about correct/incorrect guesses will be coming to you all shortly. You should all have a PM returned regarding your guess. If anyone is missing one, please let me know ASAP!

Come the morning when the group re-gathered in Lady Black's dining room to discuss their findings, it is noticed quickly that Madame Sapphire has not showed up for breakfast. After the meal, they hurry down to check on her, last seen in her cabin. The scene inside is very unfortunate. Poor Madame Sapphire had suffered a quiet death from carbon monoxide poisoning... an improperly opened flew to blame for the accident. Or perhaps the murderers were concerned that she had too much information...

Begin your Round 2 Investigations. You may send your suspicions at any time throughout the round.
Once again, the following information must be included for a complete guess
____ is the Krampus, _____ is the Jack Frost, the method of murder is ______ and the location is Cabin #(#) <--- This must be the cabin you are inside at the end of the round.
Us against the world

Silver

Miss Silver had awaken and gotten dressed the next morning after having gone to her cabin to look around, hoping to find something that might be a bit of clue as to who might have been responsible for the demise of Miss Scarlet. After searching for a bit of time nothing out of place, no real clues was found so she had decided to simply change and get a bit of sleep before resuming the search in the morning. To Lady Black dining room she had gone to join the others for breakfast but after taking a silent count within her head, it was realized there one of them was missing. It seemed that she hadn't been the only one to have noticed that fact. All of them hurried through the meal before going to check upon the missing one; Madame Sapphire.

The scene that they saw wasn't a pretty one. Within her own cabin Madame Sapphire was found, very much dead. It seemed her death had been a quiet one; one that could easily be written off as an unfortunate accident. Miss Silver knew right then that they were all being watched, that there was a killer among the group. Soon they needed to figure which one of them were slowly taking people out before they all ended up very much like Miss Scarlet and Madame Sapphire; if it wasn't already too late.

Grey eyes began to move around the room trying to notice anything a bit out of place. Silver scarf was tighten about her neck just a bit, feeling and odd sense of calm. Perhaps since she had not clue as to who or whom these killers are, for the moment she could be spared. The plan now needed to change, to be a silent watcher and keep to herself. In the long run it might hurt by being a tiny army of one but Miss Silver couldn't come up with a better plan. Perhaps another might be teamed up with, if she only knew who could truly be trusted.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

SunshineSparkle

Doctor Ivory had returned to her cabin overnight after a fruitless search through the ones she had gone to, nothing had struck her out of ordinary and had judged it preferable to leave it there and go have some rest while she can. She had made mental notes for her next search before going to sleep.
She felt somewhat refreshed when awaking the following morning, after showering and dressing she went to join the rest of the guests for breakfast.

After a quick checking, she noticed that someone was missing just as the others did, together they went looking for Madam Sapphire, whom they found lifeless in her cabin. The sight was horrible to witness, the poor woman's body still and empty of every sign of life, her death had been a quiet one. The culprit was either very smart or just tricky, with Carbon monoxide being an odorless, tasteless, and colorless gas, it was logic for none of them to have heard or seen anything unusual before Madam Sapphire got killed.

Doctor Ivory took careful notes of what she needed to look for and that may have contained the poison. Like with Miss Scarlet, they must find the responsible of this series of crime before worse things could happen.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

yugi006

While search the cabin Mister Orange found something that may look like a clue but wasn't exactly sure if it was or not. He would have to investigate the other cabins to see if he could find any similar clues. It was already late when he finished investigating the cabin so he retired to his own for some rest. He couldn't sleep much knowing that there was a murderer among them. He tossed and turned in his bed all night.

When he awoke he slowly made his way to join the others for breakfast. Still half asleep he scanned the room and looked at the others and noticed that Madame Sapphire was missing from the room. They sat down in Lady Black's dining room and ate in silence. Everyone was too shocked and scared to talk to each other. After breakfast they all went to Madame Sapphire's cabin where she was investigating where she was killed. He saw her lifeless body inside the cabin. Who could have done this to her? For what reason? Maybe she found out too much information. Well all Mister Orange knew was that he didn't want to be next.

Now they must begin their investigations once again. He took note of everyone's reactions but couldn't get a read on anyone. Mister Orange decided that he would investigate a new cabin as he left Madame Sapphire's cabin and quickly made his way to Miss Jade's Cabin to see if he could find any clues.

Martee

The morning dawned far too early- as it typically did, although a bit less so in winter - but Mistress Ruby felt uncharacteristically well.  Perhaps it was just the lack of a hangover, or maybe it was the pharmaceuticals that the good Doctor Ivory had so generously handed over the night prior.  Whatever the reason, the socialite was feeling remarkably invigorated indeed, and hurried over to the Manor house to join the other guests for breakfast.  The tragic demise of Miss Scarlet was the furthest thing from her mind.

Unfortunately, the good feeling began to dissipate right around her third mimosa, when it became clear that their number had dwindled by a count of one.  It proved to be such a distraction, in fact, that Mistress Ruby found herself following the rest immediately after the meal - despite resolute plans to visit the bunny slope before her usual late-morning lassitude kicked in.  It was there, just a few doors down from her own, that Mistress Ruby witnessed the grim scene within Madame Sapphire's cabin.

"Well, that's a pity," she quipped to no one in particular.  "Of course, if you're going to kick off, I've heard going in your sleep is really the best way..." The mood, however, remained quite somber, and none of the guests appeared to appreciate Mistress Ruby's philosophical observation. The whole situation was rather frustrating, and also served as a reminder that there was still an unsolved murder - and two murderers - afoot. With a heavy sigh she disengaged herself from the gawking crowd and made her way back to her own cabin.

It seemed a shame to hole herself up there, however - her ski attire was brand new and custom-tailored, trimmed to great effect with the most exquisite white ermine.  It would hardly be appreciated within the confines of her small cabin. No, Mistress Ruby needed to be out and seen.  Tucking her blonde curls back into her hood, she set out to socialize with the other guests, and perhaps uncover a clue or two as to what befell the unfortunate Miss Scarlet.

Of course, Mistress Ruby was not much of an investigator, unless it involved finding the perfect Cabernet for dinner. Unclear where to begin searching in earnest, she chose the easiest option: her neighbor on the other side, Mister Green's cabin.

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Sasha

The evening had been pleasent though she had only managed to check out two cabins besides her own ....it still ended with some good company before she went to bed .  So waking early ....and heading up for breakfast was one of those chores that required the desire for much coffee from Lady Auburn .  A little cream ...little sugar ...and a few cups later she would be into her own element again . How one managed to start the day off without a good dose of the substance was beynd her .

Once again though it proved meal time round here was the place to be recieving ....horrid news .  She had not meet the LAdy Scarlet and Madam Saphire ...well she was just sitting across the way last evening . Trying to swallow the pastry she had taken a bite of . Using a napkin to wipe the cream from her lip , seemingly her appetite was fading . Maybe just stick to the coffee .

Still ...it could just all be one of those coincidences ...people do pass away in their sleep . She could of had a heart condition and the stress of the other woman's demise pushed her over the edge . She was awful young for that to happen . Not quite wanting to toss her in as being a victum of fowl play ...but the rumors and suspicions were moving in that direction . Biting her lip ...indeed one needs to read the fine print when going on vacation it seems .

Picking up her ...little map of the cabins it seemed they were all going to be sent a looking again . Well she had started at the begining last time ...maybe best to start in a different direction this time .  Maybe she would check out Mister Green's cabin ....he had been so charming last night .  He might have some thoughts on the matter . Least she ought to check out his cabin before hooking up ...never know he might have a massive dose of sleeping pills . 

Taking her coffee along ...she headed over to Cabin 8 . With a soft knock on the door .... " Mister Green are you about ?"  the knob turned so she opened the door .... "You are decent ....I hope .  " Trying to divert her eyes ..... " It is LAdy Auburn ..."  glancing up to see ....Mistress Ruby .  "  A fine morning to you ...I must be in the wrong place . " Looking down at her map , no she wasn't mistaken .... " We must of had the same idea ....a good morning to you as well my dear . "  tryng to offer a hand ....as she juggled her coffee and the map .

Valerian

The worst had happened, it seemed, and Miss Jade was more uneasy than ever.  Poor Madame Sapphire.  If the weather was better, Miss Jade might have seriously considered sleeping outside to avoid suffering the same fate.  As it was, she just kept reflexively checking her own fireplace, and, like many, had been scarcely able to eat a thing at breakfast.  At least there was plenty of good hot chocolate for comfort.

In any case, sitting alone anywhere seemed like a bad idea, so she had no objections to following the lead of some of the other guests and going calling.  Deciding that perhaps she should start trying to be more organized in her explorations, she moved on to the cabin next to the one she had first investigated, Cabin 12, wondering if Miss Silver might be there.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

James Moriarty

"Carbon monoxide poisoning, eh?  It would seem our villain has a clever mind," muttered the professor, making his way from Chef Basil's cabin.  He hated the Winter -- the crunch of ice underfoot, the dry air, people singing Christmas carols and carrying on about Peace and Love (humbug!).  Cabin 13, the cabin Senor Oro had chosen, was not far, and he figured that if anyone could help him puzzle through what was going on, it would be he.  After a brisk walk, casting a look around to see who was heading where, he rapped his knuckles hard on the cabin door and stood scowling at the snow.

persephone325

Madame Aqua had little trouble getting to sleep. She felt well rested and energized when she woke up as she headed to breakfast.

That's where she heard the news of poor Madam Sapphire. Her death would not be in vain, however. Madame Aqua would make sure to put a stop to this. Well...somehow...

After eating, she made her way to cabin fourteen and knocked softly on the door. Perhaps she should get to know more people if she were to try to find out any information.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."