Mutants and Masterminds 3e [NC/Ex]

Started by Jaded, May 31, 2016, 08:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

First off, let me begin by saying that it is probably a poor idea to join any game I am running.  My track record as a GM (here and elsewhere) is rather horrible, with many failed attempts (and not all ended well).  But, I do like to GM, and do hope to have some success (especially now as my life may be in better order) by focusing on a smaller concept.  Either way, you have been forewarned, and while I will do my best I can't promise that it won't all be a wasted effort.

I should also mention that my experience with Mutants and Masterminds (especially 3rd edition) is limited.  I am far from an expert on the rules, so this will be a bit of a learning experience for me and I will ask that anyone who is interested is willing to put up with me learning as I go to some degree. 

The idea I have in mind is (and apologies if I mangle some terms here) Silver Age style heroines, but facing something of a Horror threat (with a large dose of NC or Extreme smut thrown in).  So I'm not really looking for anti-heroes or a focus on realism, but more over the top, 'ideal' characters.

Innsmouth, a city not known for the life expectancy of its costumed heroes.  A city said to be ruled over by a dark and malevolent figure known as Baron Hellstorm.  A bit of an over the top title, perhaps, but there are few that can argue with the rivers of blood that have flowed through the criminal underworld in his name. 

It was for a brief period that a team of super heroes seemed to have turned the city around.  They stamped out corruption, battled villains, and brought crime to an all time low.  They turned what was once a byword for corruption and danger into a thriving economic and tech capital.  Innsmouth became a center of trade, of learning, and of research.  Then, almost overnight it all seemed to come tumbling down.  The defenders of the city vanished, even as more than a dozen prominent figures were murdered in a single night.

I will be running this as a PL10 game, and accepting 2-4 characters.  I will only be accepting female characters.  My preference is that the characters are new to the city (potentially in response to the mystery surrounding the disappearance of those that came before them), or that they are just starting their career.

I strongly prefer that the characters have some pre-existing relationship, as a team, as a heroine/sidekick, or similar.  If the players come up with something I will probably give a small bonus of some sort (power points or similar). 

The games will be heavy in non-consensual (or extreme, depending on player willingness) smut, the characters will be defeated at times (and players must be comfortable with that).  I am looking for people who can and will post at least once every 2-3 days.  I would also prefer players/characters are proactive when it comes to posting and making decisions, I don't like railroading or having to nudge/nag too often. 

If you are interested, please post in this thread with what content (non-consensual/extreme) you are comfortable with or unwilling to roleplay, as well as a brief character concept.

PhantomPistoleer

I am very interested.  I will develop a character concept shortly, but would like to use this image:

I thought about it!  I want my character to be an android sex doll crafted by an evil scientist.  Bored of his creation, the evil scientist imbued her with artificial intelligence close to human sentience so that she could experience real pain.  She managed to free herself and became a sort of crimefighter when several of the mad scientist's lackeys came after her.  She shacked up with a superhero, and followed his lead as a real costumed crusader.  Although her days as a sex slave are behind her, she still uses her hardwired skills to treat fellow superheroes, dignitaries, and celebrities.

I am up for all sorts of NC situations.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Fey

This game is practically all my wishes come true! Sign me up!

I am thinking of playing a mystic heroine. She'll be a Dr. Fate-lite, a modern-day Circe who is still new to her power. I am thinking she may have been the sidekick of one of the vanished heroes and called in the other PCs to help investigate.

I am fine with NC/extreme content and being defeated.

Pumpkin Seeds

Fey

I decided to change my concept. Instead I'll be playing Amethyst, genius inventor turned crimefighter!

"I never thought I'd become a superhero. I mean, the whole idea sounded stupid - how much can one person in spandex do, superpowers or not? I was going to do what they couldn't, to change the world through technology and do it in style. Go to Stanford at fourteen: check. Drop out a year later to found a startup: check. Make billions off the IPO:  hell yeah.

"Then Innsmouth goes to hell overnight, and when your friends are hurt in robberies and gunfights, beating Google Glass to market suddenly sounds a lot less important. And changing the world doesn't seem so grand when there's nothing you can change about people dying in the streets.

"After that, I couldn't go back to coming up with new ways to keep people staring at a 5-inch screen. I wanted to protect the things that really mattered. So I took a crash course in exotic physics, built myself an awesome battlesuit, and Amethyst, Avenging Angel of the people was born! OK, so I don't actually have any experience with this hero thing yet -- but everyone's gotta start somewhere!"

Muse

*pounce!* 

May I play? 

Perhaps a cryokinetic? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

I'd like to reprise this character from a short lived game.  (She was 77 in the Old Soldiers game.  Backing her up to 21.) 

Name:      Niobe Daniels
Pseudonym:   Winterstar
Build Points:   150
Concept:      Ice Girl
Faith:      Roman Catholic
Origin:      Hereditary Power
Race:      Caucasian

Birthday:      November 11th
Sexuality:      Bi
height:      5’10”
Weight:      155lbs
Measures:    34”C, 24” 30”
Skin:      Creamy fair. 
Hair:         White gold. 
Eyes:      Luminous Azure
Style:      See Image

History:      The second daughter of Kevin and Rosemary Daniels--successful lawyers living in Washington, DC--Niobe and her elder sister Margaret had the freedom and resources to pursue their dreams growing up.  Both girls were self motivated go getters who loved reading, arts and crafts, and clothes. 
Margaret excelled in both school, then college, ultimately pursuing a career as a social worker.  She also loved music and had some renown as a chorister. 
Just as intelligent and gifted as her elder sister, Niobe didn’t do quite so well.  Though extremely motivated, she lacked her sisters focus.  Her grades in school bounced chaotically--showing straight As one month, barely passing the next.  She started and then dropped fan fiction projects as soon as the next book caught her eyes.  Her (much older) cousin Gabriel--a professional fantasy novelist--told her she had the potential for professional level work, encouraging her where others who took her writing seriously never got past chiding her for never finishing a project. 
Niobe bounced around in athletic fields as well, Soccer, Gymnastics, Acrobatics, Tai Chi, and Wu Shu, she spent a year or more studying each of these before her 21st birthday, but only ice skating could really hold her attention. 
Indeed, it was only when gliding over the ice on a cold winter night that her mind really went quite. 
   After washing out of a prestigious college at 21, Niobe’s family finally took the idea that something might be wrong with their daughter seriously.  Taken to an expert diagnostician, ADHD flags went off in the doctor’s mind almost immediately, but he took his time to run all the proper tests before declaring the diagnosis and prescribing a careful regime of advanced medicine and cognitive therapy. 
   After the initial period of adjusting to the medication was past, Niobe complained to her loved ones that it was too strong, she was having trouble getting any motivation at all. 
   Gabriel Brewer invited her to spend some time at his home outside of Seattle.  During those years, her cousin--17 years older than she but not really showing it--instructed her in meditation and martial arts--things he used to help cope with his schizophrenia--and asked her to workshop his writing, offering to do the same for her. 
   In celebration of Niobe’s first publication, Gabriel took her to a ski resort.  They spent several weeks enjoying winter sports, and each noticed that the other had an uncommonly high tolerance for cold. 
   Niobe was almost twenty five on the seventeenth day of their vacation.  The two were skiing down a difficult slope when a minor earthquake sent a massive avalanche down the mountain.  Displaying superhuman strength and speed, Gabriel grabbed Niobe and leaped with her onto a high, solid rocky outcropping, then reached out with iridescent auras too snag fallen skiers up there with them. 
   Niobe was shocked to recognize the powers of the costumed hero Dragonline.  She could also see that it wasn’t going to be enough.  She had an intuitive understanding of snow and ice and knew that this was going to crush the resort below was going to be smashed to flinders with everyone in it if the snow had time to build up speed. 
   As if flexing a muscle she’d always had but never thought to use, Niobe raised a great wall of ice before the avalanche, halting most of the snow and shifting the rest clear of the resort! 
   She didn’t see the full of it.  What seemed so easy at first strained her so much she fainted and fell off the rock. 
   “It runs in our family,” Gabriel explained when she woke the next day.  “It always skips generations.  It’s always accompanied by some form of usually minor mental instability--my schizophrenia's a little on the harsh side compared to your ADHD, but nothing modern medicine can’t handle.  During World War Two, our grandmother donned the mantle of Mariah to fight crime in on the home front with the power of the wind.  We suspect her grandfather fought for the Union during the civil war using biomagnetic powers like mine.  It seems you have the gift too.” 
   He offered her a blue half mask adorned with crystal snowflakes.  “Shall we see what you’re capable of, Winterstar?” 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pumpkin Seeds

Thinking maybe a former side kick turned super hero.  Somewhere in the vein of Batgirl.  Stealth, martial arts and gadget focused with a lot of computer saviness to boot.

schnookums

Oh man, Superheroes are like my favorite...I'm already in the one game but I'd love to join this one as well, although I don't want to be greedy.

Tagan

Very interested.  Let's see if I can find my old Mutants and Masterminds books.

Tagan

Ah.  They were 2nd edition.

I do have a character in mind however.  One I barely got to try out.  (I can modify the dates if they don't work here.)
'Tia'

Coral McCalister

Background:

Born on a Sunday in the happy year of 1990, Coral was a gentle, inquisitive child, pretty, and unaffected.

If she'd been another girl, she might have fit well with some click of the pretty and popular, but in school she tended to focus too much on her studies.

Still, her personal skills were not neglected, and her parents made certain she had a wide range of experience.    Her father taught her that people in the modern age were too specialized, and gave her a love of finding out new things, and learning new skills.

Her mother taught her to charm and influence the people around her into getting what she wanted.

She neglected neither education, even after her parents divorce in 1993.  Her mother moved into a nude, gay community in Guernville California, and every summer Coral found the gentle attitudes of the group very refreshing, especially compared to the stressed out engineers and scientists her father hung around.

She became a girl scout, and took extra time each year helping out with the local ranger wildlife projects, she built model planes and became a amateur ham operator.

She was a girl from a small town, but with a University nearby, so when the time came, she went into it, expecting great things.

Halfway through an electronics  degree, (after wasting a year in law enforcement, a passing fad) she found herself acing her final exam... she had been puzzling over a particularly hard problem, and had been staring at the back of the head of the class genius... and the answer had popped into her head.

Days later, she realized she could read minds.

A few days later, when making out with a young rebellious  fellow passing through, she had read his internal desire to see a few of the snobbish socialites have a wardrobe malfunction... and she'd made it happen.

story

Coral was finding, more and more, that the internal hypocrisy the people around her... especially her fellow college students and their teachers... too be incredibly annoying.

Then she met Rod.  Rod was a rebel.  Even in his own mind, which was quite refreshing.

Coral knew that she was a temporary thing in his life... because he told her so, point blank... and his mind confirmed it.

So she was enjoying a brief, exciting fling, with no consequences.  It was unlike anything she'd have dared before... but she could see that inside, Rod was safe.  Not willing to settle down, but a nice person... though not willing to conform to society's conventions.

She'd been seeing him for almost a week, and she knew his attention was already wandering.  She didn't mind.  She'd started getting slightly bored with him as well.

So when Shelly and her social circle of upper class college snobs came by in their tiny little dresses and their stuck up attitudes to sneer at him, and her for associating with him...

Well, as they left, a wind came up, and she 'heard' Rod imagining the gaggle of girls having a series of wardrobe malfunctions.  She had privately agreed in her own mind that it would be amusing... when it happened, nearly as he had imagined it.

Rod was startled.  The girls were startled, and rapidly adjusted themselves.

Coral was not startled.  Somehow she was aware of her hand in the affair, though there had been no other sign of it.

From perusing web sites and comic books over the next few days, she had decided that she must be telekinetic, as well as telepathic... though unlike the comic books, there were no fancy lights or other demonstrations of her power.

She wondered if this was because her only previous knowledge of telekinesis had come from the Disney Movie, Escape to Witch Mountain.

Rod moved on the next day.  (With Shelly in fact.)

Coral didn't care.  Exploring her own expanding powers was suddenly much more interesting.

So, she practiced in private, and she followed all the news stories about the disappearance of Innsmouth's Heros, and decided that this was the perfect place to start her life anew.

Jaded

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 31, 2016, 09:14:37 PM
I thought about it!  I want my character to be an android sex doll crafted by an evil scientist.  Bored of his creation, the evil scientist imbued her with artificial intelligence close to human sentience so that she could experience real pain.  She managed to free herself and became a sort of crimefighter when several of the mad scientist's lackeys came after her.  She shacked up with a superhero, and followed his lead as a real costumed crusader.  Although her days as a sex slave are behind her, she still uses her hardwired skills to treat fellow superheroes, dignitaries, and celebrities?

Hmm.  I like the character, but I am not sure it is quite what I had in mind for the heroines in this game.  Though I guess it would depend how you see her relationship with the other superheroes, dignitaries, and celebrities. 

Quote from: Ysariel on June 01, 2016, 04:32:47 AM
I decided to change my concept. Instead I'll be playing Amethyst, genius inventor turned crimefighter!

Looks good. :-)

Quote from: Muse on June 01, 2016, 04:56:04 AM
Perhaps a cryokinetic? 

Looks good. :-)

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 01, 2016, 08:19:47 AM
Thinking maybe a former side kick turned super hero.  Somewhere in the vein of Batgirl.  Stealth, martial arts and gadget focused with a lot of computer saviness to boot.

I like the idea. :-)

Quote from: schnookums on June 01, 2016, 12:30:32 PM
Oh man, Superheroes are like my favorite...I'm already in the one game but I'd love to join this one as well, although I don't want to be greedy.

I don't tend to factor other games in (beyond good/bad experiences), so you are more than welcome to toss in a character concept if you'd like. :-)

Quote from: Tagan on June 01, 2016, 12:41:41 PM
Ah.  They were 2nd edition.

I do have a character in mind however.  One I barely got to try out.  (I can modify the dates if they don't work here.)

Is she 2nd edition?  I am not sure how close/different 2nd and 3rd are?

This is actually more interest than I expected for an M&M game.  I was expecting to struggle to find 4 people who were interested.  :P

I could bump things up to 6 characters and split the group into 2 teams of 3 characters (loosely affiliated with each other) unless anyone had an issue with that?  It lets one group rescue the other if needed, and similar things. 

PhantomPistoleer

I am going back to the drawing board.  I don't really want to play as an android.

I'm going to go for a more Silver Age superheroine.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Tagan

I think the systems are pretty close in terms of character creation.  If there are differences, a reading of my 'sheet' should reveal them.

And I have no issues with two teams of 3... if Muse can be in my team?  :) And Pistoleer, if he finishes a character?

Just a suggestion!  We've worked well together in the past.

PhantomPistoleer

Element Lass is the Mistress of the Inorganic.  Natalia Cambia was a college professor when an experiment in nuclear fission granted her with the ability to transmute inorganic substances.

PL 10 (150)
STRENGTH 2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Deception 2 (+5, +7 Attractive)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 5 (+8, +10 Attractive)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Attractive, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment (Suit-Protection +2), Ranged Attack 9, Set-Up, Teamwork.

Powers:
Elemental Control
Immunity 10 (Weather Effects) [10]
Flight 5 (50 mph) [10]

"Earth/Ice Constricting Snare" Snare 8 (Feats: Variable Descriptor) Linked to Damage 5 (Extras: Ranged) (35) -- [50]
AE: "Dust Storm" Obscure Visuals 2 (Extras: Attack, Area- 30ft. Cloud) (6)
AE: "Earthquake" Affliction 9 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Ranged) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (33)
AE: Burrowing 7 (60 mph) (7)
AE: "Earth Attack" Blast 9 (18)
AE: "Earth Control" Move Object 8 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Earth) (16)
AE: Transform 5 (Stone, Water, Metal to Other Shapes) (20)
AE: "Tornado" Blast 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (27)
AE: Environment 3 (120 feet) (Extreme Heat 2, Impede Movement 2, Visibility) (15)
AE: "Tornado Winds" Move Object 8 (Flaws: Limited to Pushing or Pulling) (8)
AE: Suffocate 8 (24)
AE: "Water Control" Move Object 8 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Water) (16)
AE: "Magnetic Control" Move Object 5 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Metals) (5)
AE: "Ignite" Blast 6 (Feats: Reversible) (Extras: Perception Range) (19)
AE: "Fire Attack" Blast 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (24)
AE: "Fire Control" Move Object 5 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Fire) (5)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Snare +9 (+8 Ranged Affliction & +5 Ranged Damage, DC 18/20)
Earthquake +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Earth Attack +9 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Tornado +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Suffocate +9 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Ignite +6 Perception (+6 Perception Damage, DC 21)
Fire Blast +8 Area (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (College Students)
Reputation (Easy)
Weakness (Pollutants & Toxins): Without a special serum, Element Lass will soon become sick, disabled and dying.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 70 / Defenses: 18 (150)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Tagan

Nice character Pistoleer!  But I"0'm not sure that costume would get a protection bonus.  Except maybe from distraction?  :)

I've picked up a Mutants and Masterminds 3E book, so I'll make the changes necessary to convert Coral.

Fey

I'm nearly done. I still need to shave 2pp off, and really can't see where I can trim the build further. O, GM Almighty, bless us with more pp! I will sacrifice a cow!

Trait ranks are all Rank purchased (+Final bonus). e.g. Technology 10 (+20) means 10 ranks of Technology bought under skills, with a final score of +20 after all other bonuses that stack (from Abilities etc.)

Amethyst / Michelle Hong 洪 美 珍 (PL 10; 152pp)
Concept: Battlesuit
Tradeoffs: None

"I am so totally OP."

Image is ENGAGE MODE: ON by KahoOkashii

"I never thought I'd become a superhero. I mean, the whole idea sounded stupid - how much can one person in spandex do, superpowers or not? I was going to do what they couldn't, to change the world through technology and do it in style. Go to Stanford at fourteen: check. Drop out a year later to found a startup: check. Make billions off the IPO: hell yeah.

"Then Innsmouth goes to hell overnight, and when your friends are hurt in robberies and gunfights, beating Google Glass to market suddenly sounds a lot less important. And changing the world doesn't seem so grand when there's nothing you can change about people dying in the streets.

"After that, I couldn't go back to coming up with new ways to keep people staring at a 5-inch screen. I wanted to protect the things that really mattered. So I took a crash course in exotic physics, built myself an awesome battlesuit, and Amethyst, Avenging Angel of the people was born! OK, so I don't actually have any experience with this hero thing yet -- but everyone's gotta start somewhere!"

Complications

Lost Connection to Server (Power loss): Space-time and dimensional anomalies may interfere with Amethyst's suit's uplink to the hyperspace core. Some or all of her powers may be disabled, or operate at lower ranks.

Now Trending on Twitter (Fame): She's a world-famous tech prodigy and a busty, tanned Chinese girl with hip-length pink hair. There's no missing her flamboyant presence in a crowd.

Move Fast and Break Things (Rash): Amethyst is more than brave enough, inexperienced enough and hotheaded enough to charge headlong into trouble.

Abilities (38pp): Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 2, Fighting 0, Intellect 10, Awareness 2, Presence 5

Powers (85pp):

"Amethyst Battlesuit" (Feature 2 [Only usable by Amethyst]) 106pp - Removable 21pp = 85pp
Quote"Hyperspace Arsenal" ARRAY 24pp + 4pp
BASE "Gatling Blaster" Damage 10 (Accurate 4, Ranged +1pp/r)
-- AE "Full Auto" Damage 10 (Accurate 4, Distracting -1pp/r, Multiattack +1pp/r, Ranged +1pp/r)
-- AE "Strike Drones" Damage 5 (Area [Burst] +1pp/r, Ranged +1pp/r, Selective Attack +1pp/r)
-- AE "Force Beams" Move Object 10 (Accurate 4)
-- AE "3D Printer" Create 5 (Innate, Permanent +0pp/r, Precise, Subtle 2, Variable Descriptor 3 [real objects])

"Mainframe" Feature 1 [Computer] 1pp
"Hyperdrive" Flight 5 10pp
"Comms" Communication 2 [Radio] 8pp
"Sensors" Variable 1 (Limited to technological Senses -1pp/r, Move action +1pp/r) 7pp
"Force Fields" Protection 10, Enhanced Fortitude 10, Immunity 9 [life support minus starvation & thirst] (Permanent +0pp/r) 29pp
"Combat AI" Enhanced Dodge 10, Enhanced Parry 10, Enhanced Advantage 1 [Power Attack] 21pp

Advantages (10pp): Attractive 2, Benefit [Wealth] 5, Inventor, Language [Mandarin Chinese, base: English], Ultimate Skill [Technology]

Skills (13pp / 26r): Deception 7 (+12), Expertise [Entrepreneur] 1 (+11), Expertise [Science] 1 (+11), Perception 7 (+9), Technology 10 (+20)

Offense: Initiative +0
  • +10 Gatling Blaster (Ranged, Damage, DC 25 Toughness)
  • +10 Full Auto (Ranged, Damage, DC 25 Toughness)
  • N/A Strike Drones (Ranged, Damage, DC 15 Dodge then DC 20/17 Toughness)
  • +10 Force Beams (Ranged, Move Object, DC 20 Str or Dodge)

Defense (6pp): Dodge 0 (+10), Parry 0 (+10), Toughness +10, Fort 0 (+10), Will 6 (+8)

Abilities 38 + Powers 85 + Advantages 10 + Skills 13 + Defense 6 = 152

Design Notes

Amethyst is a 21st-century twist on Tony Stark. Instead of an oldschool, middle-aged, military-industrial complex guy who makes weapons for a living, she's a young Silicon Valley techie and hacker whose strengths lie in exotic physics (hyperspace, force fields) and emerging technologies (drones, AI, 3D printing).

Amethyst's battlesuit is designed like a Mind from Iain M. Bank's Culture series. 99% of the suit's mass really resides in hyperspace, and the little she wears in the picture is just the various emitters and ports for sensors, shields, etc -- in computing terms, a dumb terminal. There's no game mechanical difference since being stripped of her suit still removes her powers, and she still needs time to build a new suit and properly connect it to the core in hyperspace. It's just a different descriptor to justify why she can keep going out and getting her suit trashed -- and I hope it'll be wrecked often.

Instead of built-in armament, Amethyst's Hyperspace Arsenal allows her to warp in ("download") handheld or autonomous weapons. The Array is Removable instead of Easily Removable because if you disarm her, she just warps in more weapons, but if you strip her of her battlesuit she can't warp in anything. The default is a huge Gatling Blaster that she can fire in short controlled bursts or at full auto. It also warps in small attack drones (seen in the right of the picture) that attack with blaster cannons or force projectors that latch onto her gauntlets. It can warp in special weapons as a power stunt.

Her 3D printer uses force fields to lay down matter atom by atom, allowing it to very quickly manufacture most modern technological items. I hope mainly to be able to make small useful items, like a copy of a keycard I have in hand, an improvised weapon, or simple (1-2pp's worth) tools and electronics. I promise to be responsible with this and not use it as a catch-all for "any thing I want", and encourage you to liberally veto anything you think might step on other characters' toes or become abusive.

Instead of armor, the suit protects her with multiply redundant force fields. The shields are comprehensive enough that they work even against attacks that normally bypass armor (represented by them adding Fortitude defense as well). And yes, her battlesuit really is that skimpy. In civilian clothes, she usually dresses like a Silicon Valley engineer -- hoodie, T-shirt, jeans and sneakers.

She's of Chinese descent and is fluent in her mother tongue. Her Wealth and Expertise: Entrepreneur represents her fortune and business skills earned during her startup days. Her high Deception skill is to represent the way smart characters are typically portrayed in media -- by outwitting others. Unlike most genius inventors, she has Ultimate Skill instead of Skill Mastery: she's not experienced enough to be that steady under fire yet, but when she gives it her all she can accomplish some truly awesome things.

Amethyst is 18 at present, having arrived in Innsmouth sometime during the past year, pursuing new business ventures with friends when the city's defenders went missing. Having newly arrived in Innsmouth, she hasn't had time to set up a proper HQ yet. Amethyst would eagerly offer to join any other heroes who contacted her about fighting crime, or she may have run into you during her early adventures and made contact that way. While I can see Amethyst as having the smarts and presence to lead a team, I can also see her as being just brash enough to try and go it alone -- at first.

Tagan

Here's a final version, converted to 3E.
'Tia'

Coral McCalister

Background:

Born on a Sunday in the happy year of 1990, Coral was a gentle, inquisitive child, pretty, and unaffected.

If she'd been another girl, she might have fit well with some click of the pretty and popular, but in school she tended to focus too much on her studies.

Still, her personal skills were not neglected, and her parents made certain she had a wide range of experience.    Her father taught her that people in the modern age were too specialized, and gave her a love of finding out new things, and discovering how the physical world worked.

Her mother taught her to charm and influence the people around her into getting what she wanted.

She neglected neither education, even after her parents divorce in 1993.  Her mother moved into a nude, gay community in Guernville California, and every summer Coral found the gentle attitudes of the group very refreshing, especially compared to the stressed out engineers and scientists her father hung around.

She became a girl scout, and took extra time each year helping out with the local ranger wildlife projects, she built model planes and became a amateur ham operator.

She was a girl from a small town, but with a University nearby, so when the time came, she went into it, expecting great things.

Halfway through an electronics  degree, (after wasting a year in law enforcement, a passing fad) she found herself acing her final exam... she had been puzzling over a particularly hard problem, and had been staring at the back of the head of the class genius... and the answer had popped into her head.

Days later, she realized she could read minds.

A few days later, when making out with a young rebellious  fellow passing through, she had read his internal desire to see a few of the snobbish socialites have a wardrobe malfunction... and she'd made it happen.

story

Coral was finding, more and more, that the internal hypocrisy the people around her... especially her fellow college students and their teachers... too be incredibly annoying.

Then she met Rod.  Rod was a rebel.  Even in his own mind, which was quite refreshing.

Coral knew that she was a temporary thing in his life... because he told her so, point blank... and his mind confirmed it.

So she was enjoying a brief, exciting fling, with no consequences.  It was unlike anything she'd have dared before... but she could see that inside, Rod was safe.  Not willing to settle down, but a nice person... though not willing to conform to society's conventions.

She'd been seeing him for almost a week, and she knew his attention was already wandering.  She didn't mind.  She'd started getting slightly bored with him as well.

So when Shelly and her social circle of upper class college snobs came by in their tiny little dresses and their stuck up attitudes to sneer at him, and her for associating with him...

Well, as they left, a wind came up, and she 'heard' Rod imagining the gaggle of girls having a series of wardrobe malfunctions.  She had privately agreed in her own mind that it would be amusing... when it happened, nearly as he had imagined it.

Rod was startled.  The girls were startled, and rapidly adjusted themselves.

Coral was not startled.  Somehow she was aware of her hand in the affair, though there had been no other sign of it.

From perusing web sites and comic books over the next few days, she had decided that she must be telekinetic, as well as telepathic... though unlike the comic books, there were no fancy lights or other demonstrations of her power.

She wondered if this was because her only previous knowledge of telekinesis had come from the Disney Movie, Escape to Witch Mountain.

Rod moved on the next day.  (With Shelly in fact.)

Coral didn't care.  Exploring her own expanding powers was suddenly much more interesting.

So, she practiced in private, and she followed all the news stories about the disappearance of Innsmouth's Heros, and decided that this was the perfect place to start her life anew.

Pumpkin Seeds

If you want extra PP...Jaded already said she'll award some for coming up with a group concept.

Callie Del Noire

Damn wish I had seen this earlier. Have a multiple body person I'd like to try out from an old game.  More of a celebrity than heroine but five version of yourself as a team could be fun.

Tagan

Hi Callie!  I'm reprising the character from the same game as Myriad.

Callie Del Noire

Tagan

Two of her did.  They worked together to infiltrate a facility that was experimenting on Supers, particularly one that could heal.  Myriad copied the appearance of one of the scientists, whom Coral had read the mind of and captured.

(Coral couldn't read Myriad's mind, but she could find it, which she used to teleport the whole team into the Lab next to Myriad when Myriad sent the signal.)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Tagan on June 02, 2016, 11:33:47 AM
Two of her did.  They worked together to infiltrate a facility that was experimenting on Supers, particularly one that could heal.  Myriad copied the appearance of one of the scientists, whom Coral had read the mind of and captured.

(Coral couldn't read Myriad's mind, but she could find it, which she used to teleport the whole team into the Lab next to Myriad when Myriad sent the signal.)

That's right, you told her it was 'quiet' to be around her. The fact that she had a quantum entangled brainthat. Networked all together into one mind many brains

Tagan

If you like, we can even use that story as backstory for the two of them, since the GM would like our characters to have a connection or team background.  This way, Myriad would recognize Coral, and Coral would recognize the unreadable mind of Myriad, though probably not her current faces...