Interest Check - Final Fantasy

Started by Antone, February 06, 2008, 05:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antone

Alright... I honestly don't know if this type of game has been offered before... but for some reason, I've had the growing desire of playing something final fantasy based. More than likely, it will be free form since I don't know of any dice system for it.... plus, things can be alot more fun with free form.

Primarily, this is just an initial check. I want to see who might be interested in playing, and if anyone might want to DM. Initially, I'm intending to DM, but if someone with more experience and a better mindset would care to, I'll hand the reigns off.

Just so that its made aware, this will be a sexual rp.... so it will be a mix of fighting (both against npc and perhaps other players), roleplaying (again with npcs and each other) as well as sex (npc/others). Possible sexual types could be bondage, slavery, humiliation, monster, tentacle, rape, fetish......... really, anything you could possibly think up. Alot of it will probably be based around what type of things the players want.

Anyway, like I said.... this isn't definite. It's more or less an interest check... and if enough people want to try it, then we can discuss things more deeply.
Ons and Offs
RPs Desired

Caution when handling: Reacts violently when exposed to stupidity...

schnookums

So...are we talking a specific Final Fantasy version? Since there are different races and concepts among the different games I was curious if you intended to pin down a specific FF world.

Antone

well, I've played every FF available (cept XI... don't really do the online thing too much). I guess the exact setting would be dependant upon who showed interest. We could do a FF7 game, 10, 12..... or if people want, we could create a singular world, and pull aspects from all the final fantasies.
Ons and Offs
RPs Desired

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I would suggest create own version of FF which pulls concepts form all premier series expect online verison perhaps.

Seereous

I play FFXI Online, and there are quite a few jobs that are a lot of fun that could run over into a game. My personal favorites are Dragoon and Puppetmaster.

Anyway, I'm up for it. Mark me down as a yes.

Mistiq

I got into the Final Fantasy games super late but I am a huge fan of roleplaying the ones I own and know a lot about. (10 thru 12 save 11). I am totally for this game. Just please don't make the classes too complicated. I am a little slow.

MadPanda

Oooooo...tempting, tempting!
Although I'm only familiar with VII, X, and X-2 (hah!)...as well as the Kingdom Hearts crossovers.

I do know that someone put a conversion for XII using SWSE as the basis, and that doesn't look too bad, but you'd need the SAGA book to play, and that's forty bucks you might not have.  Freeform's a LOT cheaper  :)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Antone

I was thinking freeform... and I was going to try and pull different aspects from many games.... primarily VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, and XII. Those are the ones I'm the most familiar with... though if you have things you want to use from other games (such as 1-6 and 11) then your welcome to. The world may just be a huge one, mixed with parts from many of the games, as well as classes and monsters. As of yet, I don't have a definate story mode in mind... and it will probably be quite sexual in nature.... so expect non-con, monster, dress-up, and tons of other things.

So really, if your interested, let me know what you might like to see... either class-wise (like what you want to play), monster wise, bad guy wise, world wise, and what not.... and I will take all your ideas into consideration, merging them in with what I have in store.... so that you all can get as much enjoyment as possible o
Ons and Offs
RPs Desired

Zaer Darkwail

I want materia be involved (majorly) in the world as source of 'magic' altbeit it is treated scientific method (but there is myth and spiritual lore behind about 'source' where amteria draws energy).

I want summoner class similar like in FF 11 (that you need meet ancient dead spirits to get access to summoned beings and able control them longer durations than just instant use via summoning stone).

Villain wise I want wicked cool madman visionary like Sephiroth.

Seereous

I was always very impressed with Khimari (sp?) from FF VIII I think it was.

As far as jobs, my favorite is Dragoon, with Puppetmaster and Blue Mage close behind.

MadPanda

Oooo...I'll have to think about that and get back to you.   ;D

(thinks about Rikku's Thief outfit from X-2 and drifts off for a moment...mmmm...Rikku and Tifa yuri scene...)

I don't normally play 'em, so a Black Mage might be fun.   ;D

In Memory of Bishrook

Hunter

Khimari was in FFX.   :P

I'd prefer FFVIII, FFIX, or FFX if we had to choose a universe.  I'd have to bow out if it was based on that piece of trash know as FFVII.

Mistiq

Well for me the game I am most familar with is FFX and as much as I hate to admit FFX-2. I have yet to finish XII, but story-wise I think it can be twicked for a game like this...or inspire a game like this..if the spark were right.

Hunter

I'm gonna state that FFX is probably the route to go.

(Gotta love those summoners)

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Seereous

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Hunter on February 12, 2008, 05:00:57 PM
Khimari was in FFX.   :P

I'd prefer FFVIII, FFIX, or FFX if we had to choose a universe.  I'd have to bow out if it was based on that piece of trash know as FFVII.

I disagree about FF7 being trash (so far when I have played later series it haves still best story from all of them, but then it was first PS game what I played so it can influence alot) but I point out the game world may not be entierly based on FF7 but have some pieces from it (materia using I mean examply). Also I like the villain from FF7 the most.

Hunter

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 13, 2008, 01:46:44 AM
I disagree about FF7 being trash....

And I'll disagree with your disagreement.   ;)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Hunter on February 13, 2008, 03:26:49 AM
And I'll disagree with your disagreement.   ;)

And I agree we should drop the subject because the discussion would not lead no where :P. But you find picking materia as general source of magic and some features of main villain being playing in FF7 setting (or enough to make you leave I assume)?

Hunter

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 13, 2008, 03:46:01 AM
And I agree we should drop the subject because the discussion would not lead no where :P. But you find picking materia as general source of magic and some features of main villain being playing in FF7 setting (or enough to make you leave I assume)?

Yes, that would be correct.  But I'm sure there are many people who wouldn't care.   ;)

MadPanda

Found it!
While this was written as a 'mod' to SASE, it should provide plenty inspiration (if not cannon fodder) for this project.

http://bluwiki.com/go/Finalfantasysaga

In Memory of Bishrook

Antone

I like that... thanks MadPanda. With this as a sort of... 'base', I suppose we could better figure out what we're doing. Of course, that is dependant upon whether we would wish for this to be a dice RP, or a freeform rp... when I had the idea originally, I was thinking more freeform, but its up to the populace as to what they want.
Ons and Offs
RPs Desired

MadPanda

Freeform's fine with me.  :)  I was thinking 'reference material' more than anything else since not everybody's got the 40 bucks to spend on Saga Edition.

In Memory of Bishrook

schnookums

Zaer Darkwail

Freeform is fine, but we can use the link to figure out what we are actually capable off (to avoid 'over do' something).