The Culling [All Are Welcome, Except Twilight Fans ;P]

Started by TheVillain, June 06, 2010, 09:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

What was it with vampires and their meetings, anyway? Granted, not many other supernaturals had the numbers or the organization to have anything like this kind of meeting anyway- but they always seem to want to have meetings about things before doing them. This one was looking like it would be interesting though. Not every day they have a meeting where literally anything supernatural, or hell- even normal people who knew about the supernatural, were invited. Must of been something big in the pipe to risk Demons and Paladins in the same room.

The Vampire Prince looks like one of the snobby shits who was bullied back in elementary school who then discovered the power of money. An annoying little prick who needs an asskicking.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, and other Assorted Creatures. This meeting is one of utmost importance.

As some of you are aware of, the Vampire Bloodlines are many and varied. True that there are only 13 major lines, but minor ones emerge with regular frequency. Some useful, some not so much. The latest bloodline to emerge, is frankly, a bit of an embarrassment.

We're calling it the Twilight Bloodline. Sort of a mix between our well established and loved Brujah and Toreador lines, the Twilight line gives it's kindred a few advantages you should be aware of. Speed, Strength, Appearence, some Psychic abilities, and- most surprising- a limited invulnerability to Sunlight. Where most kindred would be killed quickly, a Twilight breed only feels marked discomfort. They do avoid it anyway, as their skin takes on a sparkling appearance in direct sunlight and thus violates the Masquerade but they do seem able to function in daylight.

And they most be stopped. The Bloodline utterly wiped from the Earth as soon as possible.
"

What was that?

"First, their speed of embrace is much to quick. If timed correctly, they can convert a kine to a kindred in under 10 minutes. And while this in itself is unsettling but not enough to condemn the whole bloodline- they seem obsessed with the idea of maintaining a guise of teenage kine, to the point they'll embrace others without any sort of consideration for tradition because they are 'in love'. And frankly, their embracing of the 'Emo' subculture makes them one of the most annoying groups of beings in existence. I mean, we're all damned but COME ON!

That is why, beginning at midnight tomorrow evening during the full moon- the first Blood Hunt for an entire Bloodline begins. All willing participants are accepted, the prize is 50 million dollars American to the one that kills the most of the little bastards by the end of the next full moon or until their numbers are whittled to nothing, whichever is first.

Three rules. First- We will need proof of kills. Those of you who can function during the day are allowed to do so but proof of kill for a daytime kill is a stricter standard.

Second- DO NOT Violate the Masquerade. The use of supernatural abilities is allowed of course, but if you risk the carefully constructed illusion we have made for the kine that there is no such thing as the supernatural you will may be killed for points by other hunters as though you were Twilight Bloodline.

Third- If you wish to hunt with others, whether as a team full time or merely partner with another for a single Twilight you must document as such.

That is all. Good hunting, and good riddance to this new Bloodline.
"

You know, this Vampire Prince doesn't sound like such a bad guy. . .

[Free-Form, but keep Pen and Paper games in mind. Get creative with what you are, whether a vampire or a demon or a slayer, etc. Questions?/Interested?]
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Zealously Jaded

Listens intently to the Vampire Prince, he has a point those 'Sparklies' are annoying, and a danger to everyone. They must be stopped and destroyed...with extreme prejudice.

Major Major

Give me a Bren Gun, a Lee-Enfield and six pounds of dynamite....

Latooni Subota

Can't . . stop . . laughing . . !

Count me in. I have a concept for a Mage/Tinkerer that would be both effective AND hilarious to take part in this hunt with. XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Elohim

Hmmm,  a volunteer from clan tzimisce here more interested in making them nosferatu 2.0 instead of actually killing them though...

TheVillain

There's an interesting possibility. Faking their deaths to make them monsters.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheVillain

Alright, just out of curiosity let's see what we would have if we would start now.

Post character ideas, feel free to be creative.

Here's an example.

Name: "Copperhead"
Species: Anunnaki [Ancient Sumerian Snake Demon]
Bio: The Anunnaki were once the main political rivals, and the other side of a blood feud, of the vampires but the vampires have long ago won the feud in all but name. Mostly because Anunnaki are born from virgins in complex magical rituals instead of embraced in motel rooms. Copperhead himself claims to have been born during the Age of Piracy where he learned to fight, cuss, drink, and screw with the best of the time period. Now a biker more then anything, Copperhead has long given up on the idea of having any sort of political power. He just wants his bike, his money, and the road under his wheels.
With the vampires supporting the Masquerade, he may not like the "suckers" but he does recognize an income source when he sees it. Most of his income is made roughing up or killing other supernaturals who break the Masquerade- which is just fine with the cold-blooded bastard. With the announcement that the "Sparklies" are too be extinguished, he thinks the money is very nice- but frankly he'd do it for free.
Strengths:
-Supernaturally Strong and Tough, and even if he wasn't his usual fighting tactics would be seen as downright mean.
-Superhuman senses comparable to a snake, namely heightened smell and the extension of his visual range into the infrared spectrum.
-Has hidden fangs of his own, but his instead of stealing blood instead deliver a supernaturally lethal venom. To the point it's said that it can kill anything shy of a demon lord. Can be diluted to just paralyze as well.
Weaknesses:
-Also has an unusual diet, though in his case it's large amounts of meat- preferably raw.
-Doesn't like the cold, to the point where he slows down and can go into a sort of suspended animation in sub-zero environments.
-Needs covering or magic to cloak some aspects of his appearance, most notably snake-like eyes.

Zealously Jaded

Name: Marie
Species: Human (Novice warrior nun)
Bio: Marie was challenged by her order to participate, not for the money (but it would be nice) but so she can become a full nun and fulfil her years of training. She’s having doubts about her spirituality since she found out about the new breed of vampires and how quickly they can be created.
Strengths:
-She’s very fast, strong, and tough because of the years of training.
-She can use most weapons, but prefers hand to hand, since their vampires she can’t do that.
Weaknesses:
-Too trusting, and sweet.

Ramael

Lolcakes.

I'm interested...but RL will stop me from getting involved for a while...I'll keep this page marked though.

Clan names like the ones Elohim mentioned...any sources I should be savvy with? I'm kinda up on my Anne Rice stuff...is there a lexicon of Vampire clans you're using/gonna use as a reference? 

ragarth

I'm interested. :-) I have a character idea for a demoness of classic visage with the powers to shape-shift and go insubstantial. She'd be a bartender, and subsist off the life-force of those who pass out in her bar. Her primary weapon would be a 12 gauge shotgun- tikwood shot is good for zombies AND vampires! n.n

Before I write her up, however, I have a couple questions: This game is freeform, so will we just be posting out our kills, or will people be playing the dreaded twilights? Also, do we need to have any back info? I never watched twilight because I dislike having to chew out my own eyeballs.

TheVillain

Just have the basic ideas and I'm considering if anyone will have Twilighty duty. Probably just GM them.

Zealously Jaded

Can you imagine someone wanting to be a sparklie! Ick!

TheVillain

Zealously Jaded

ragarth

Name: Inviolate

Species: Hell-spawn demoness

Bio: Before her entry into the mortal world, Inviolate was a demoness working at the brimstone gates to keep a record of all the slime and filth Heaven sent Satan's way. She cobbled herself some favor with Cerberus, and when a group of demon worshippers in 1873 summonned him to bring a demon into this world, he chose her to fulfill the deal. Her mother was a prostitute in a small prospector town of the wild west, and after 9 months of pregnancy Inviolate's flesh was born into this world. Her mother didn't survive the pregnancy, her soul now quite happy as Cerberus's bitch, leaving Inviolate herself to be raised by the rest of the coven. They believed her to be the unholy scourge to cleanse the world, but truth be told Inviolate just wanted to have fun.

Growing up in the wild west left its mark on Inviolate- a southern accent, a love of 'leather, whiskey, and fun' and a sense that rules are more suggestions than barriers. She spent her formative years of her youth slaughtering her worshippers one by one before eventually joining a group of horse theives. She had a great time with them, though after one too many bandits ended up MIA in the middle of the night, they began getting suspicious and so Inviolate ended up moving on.

She founded herself a saloon in a town near her birth home, the original becoming a ghost town after a string of dissapearances, and took up a life of bar-tending. She's moved from town to town ever since, and with a hundred years of experience, has become quite good at drink-mixing.

Strengths:
Shape Shifting: Inviolate is a shape shifter, capable of taking on human and animal forms from the size of a mouse to the size of a horse.

Insubstantiality: Inviolate is capable of becoming insubstantial. This doesn't make her invisible, rather, her form atomizes and becomes a smokey representation loosely shaped like her current form.

Tainted Power: Inviolate's connection to hell gives her access to demonic energies. She can manipulate these energies in various way, passively as her enhanced toughness and strength, actively as a taint upon her attacks- both natural and weapons. If she applied herself, she could even develop this talent into magic use- unfortunately she's too young to really care about that kind of dedication.

Weaknesses:
Vicious Feeding: Though capable of eating and enjoying normal food, Inviolate only gains sustenance from living flesh. Unlike a vampire, she doesn't just drink blood, and her feeding isn't pleasurable, rather, her feeding is carnal- stripping away the life force of her victims as she consumes their flesh. She can live off animals, but the truth is that humans are supernaturals are much sweeter and filling to her. Thankfully she doesn't need to feed too often, otherwise she'd be in trouble.

Demonic Visage: Though capable of shape shifting, Inviolate's natural form is that of an anthro demoness. This is her basic form, the one she was born with, and the one she reverts to whenever asleep or unconscious.

Summoning Vulnerability: Inviolate, as a hell-spawn, is capable of being summonned. This usually is a cimplicated process that takes her cooperation, but if the summoner has her true name, or something tied to her (a picture, piece of clothing, or important item) then they can force the summons. A forced summons, however, is rather rude and likely to end up in a contest of wills to see who's in control. Pro-tip: ask nicely.

Holy Powers Weakness: Inviolate, as a daughter of Satan's court, is susceptible to holy magics, blessed weapons, and consecrated ground. Each does greater damage or has a stronger effect upon Inviolate, and holy ground blocks the use of her powers and locks her in her current form.

Looks:
Human: Inviolate's favorite human form is that of a 5' 5" red headed woman in her mid twenties. Her eyes are piercing blue, her skin carrying a slight tan, and her ears are pierced with small gold hoops. She wears a tan, soft leather jacket and boots, with blue jeans and a macrame belt.

Demon: Inviolate's natural form is of a red-hided demon. Her muzzle is short, and ebon goat horns curl back on her head. Her ears are long and equine, broken with occasional loops, and her mouth is full of sharp, white teeth. Her eyes are the same blue color, her irises black slits burning with a dark fire that's felt, not seen, and her hands are tipped with ebon claws. Her tail is thin and whip-like, running down to her knees before coming into a small spade, and her feet are the cloven hoofs of a goat, the hooves themselves black as ebony.

Common equipment:
Inviolate is fond of shotguns, and keeps a short-barrelled 12 gauge reproduction 1887 lever-action shotgun under the bar and loaded with tique wood and silver pellet shells- a common 'stage-coach blunderbuss' before the invention of the pump-action.

Bowie Knife- Classic tool of frontiersmen and cannibals alike- Inviolate fits both descriptions. She keeps this on her while working the bar, lets the brutes know who's in charge.

Lycan Queen

Villian, you once interrupted my thread to point out that we had the best title ever.

Now, I who partly wishes she could, but also partly has learned to deeply mistrust group games, am returning the favor.

BEST. IDEA. EVER.

Good luck with your hunting. If I do not join, I will definitely be watching this. It made my day.

LimitlessNikkie

Great idea!! No self respecting vampire sparkles.

Name: Asa
Species: Vampire
Bio: Where most vampires choose to moderate stay hidden, Asa doesn't. She follows the rules and hides her nature from the human world, but to the vampires she is a huge pain in the ass. She love to hunt and not just for food. In her human life she was an assassin who tried to kill the wrong person. The vampire whom she tried to kill found her fearlessness so amusing he changed her for fun. She spent the next few decades challenging every rule the vampires had from concealment to killing. Now she works with the royals as an enforcer or sorts she kills creatures that annoy them and in exchange she is given a bit more freedom to hunt and kill whom she pleases. She loves the power trip of holding the power of life or death she gets off on it. She is a hunter to call her a killer would be an insult, she hunts her pray in an animistic feral way. She sees vampires as humanity's predator cousin so finds no moral fault in hunting them.

Strengths:
Increased speed
Heightened awareness of surroundings
All 5 senses are heightened
Only fight up close and personal, weapon of choice is a pair silver long bladed stilettos.

Weaknesses:
Extremely photosensitive (no sunlight ever)
Can only consume fresh blood of a human

TheVillain

1 Male, 3 Female. Hmm. . .considering whether or not I should go for a bit of greed and keep it going or go with this.

Damnedangel

Name: Flame

Species: Fallen Angel

Bio:
Flame used to be an arch angel till she fell in love with a man who she thought was human. She gave up being an angel to be with him but later found out that he was a vampire who was luring angels down from heaven to be his slaves. She realised her mistake to late and ended up being fallen and cursed by God to wonder the Earth unaging and she guess that because she cannot be hurt by guns, animals or disease that she is immortal. She has been wondering the earth for so long that she has forgotten most of her life as a proper angel. She was his slave for many years until she managed to destroy him and has been hunting vampires ever since because of what he did to her. She now works as a bounty hunter and is known as one of the best, her bountys usually take her for being innocent because of her looks which she uses to her advantage and hiding her real intentions behind them.

Strengths:
- Cannot be hurt by guns
- Never ages
- Controls fire
- Hawklike Vision
- Can fly
- Is most powerful at night

Weaknesses:
- Is weak during the day
- Can be hurt by anything holy
- Cannot enter any place that has been blessed

Apperance:
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

elfguy

Name: Jessica

Species: Vampire

Bio: Jessica was a vampire hunter. She was very good. Strong, very skilled with both her silver blade and handguns, she hunted and killed many of them. But one day, she got cocky. A vampire got too close, and bit her, turning her. She became what she hated, and what she had hunted for so long. But after crying for many long days, she decided to stay strong, and keep the hunt. Even as a vampire, she started hunting other vampires. But it was much more difficult. Now she too was susceptible to the sun, and to everything the vampires were. So, when she heard of the Twilight brood, she decided to focus her anger on them.

Strengths:
- Even as a human she had impressive muscles, but now as a vampire she only became stronger
- Skilled with her blade and handguns. Altho the turning made her lose some of those skills, she can still aim decently well
- She regenerates wounds very fast, and can escape combat by turning into a bat for a short time and flying away

Weaknesses:
- Cannot survive in the sun, she has to hide
- Susceptible to any holy artifact or magic, as well as silver coated weapons
----

TheVillain

Well, definitely enough to start. I'll start it as soon as I figure out where it goes. Exotic definitely. Extreme? Do one of you plan on raping a sparkly?

ragarth

Raping? No. Shooting, maiming, feeding to hungry wolves? Sure.

elfguy

----

TheVillain

Ramael

So, whilst I'm banging up a character, do we have a set meeting place?

I'm guessing the vampire players could feasibly be at the meeting just posted, whilst the rest of us (whatever we are) could have a different meeting place, maybe during the daytime.

For teh lolz, I'll be playing a human. Yeah, you can try feeding off him, you vamps. If you're good, he might just let you.