The Creeping Tide [DnD 3.5] Recruitment. Closed.

Started by SteelZephyr, June 24, 2013, 07:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eBadger

Quote from: Siereis on June 28, 2013, 11:58:40 PM
But we don't even know anything about the succubus queen!  Perhaps she's just misunderstood...perhaps she's just confused.

She's the succubus queen...that's gotta be worth a TON of cash to somebody. 

Misunderstood, innocent and virginal succubus queen?  Probably worth even more. 

godfang

feral as in he's not exactly cultured. the thing is, the dm said he prefers non combat based character. i did notice that theres no arcane based characters in the submitted ones, i got more ideas brewing, like an enchanter perhaps

EroticFantasyAuthor

Seems frontline melee support is lacking. Hmm not sure though for that character type :-/

Edit: All Official WotC material allowed?

Prince Truhan

Quote from: godfang on June 29, 2013, 12:11:31 AM
feral as in he's not exactly cultured. the thing is, the dm said he prefers non combat based character. i did notice that theres no arcane based characters in the submitted ones, i got more ideas brewing, like an enchanter perhaps

Not sure if I mentioned it, but my wizard will have enchantment and evocation as prohibited schools, in case that affects your thinking.

As a sidenote, once I get the spells ready he'll be finalized.

Siereis

Ok...here's Alice.  Let me know if anything needs to be adjusted Steel.   On a side note, kckolbe is going to work his character into her background ..making the two of them friends before the start of the RP.

The Basics
Name:  Alice 'Ironsoul' Kalei
Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Paladin (level 6)
Deity:  Athena (Goddess of Protection and Glory)
Sexuality:  Unsure, she thinks straight

Height: 5'10
Hair:  Blonde, straight, shoulder length, long bangs
Eyes:  Brown
Skin Tone:  Slightly tanned
Build: Average (Medium/Large chest, wide hips, slender waist)

Character Sheet:
  http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=599638

Personality

Alice is naturally quite a headstrong, stubborn girl.  This is only further exaggerated thanks to her Paladin convictions and life goal to eliminate evil in all its forms.

The deaths of all those people that have ever been close to her have made her distant, even cold at times.  She has a hard time opening herself to others because of misgivings about losing loved ones.  Regardless, she is friendly in her own way to those few that know her.  In order to hide her emotional scars she can sometimes act overly proud, belittling others.  Politically she tends to be conservative, favoring others who tend to be like herself.

The girl has never participated in sexual activities.  It is not against the Paladin convictions to engage in sexual behavior, but she considers herself too busy to love.   She considers herself straight, but has really never thought too much about her own sexuality.

Brief Background
Alice grew up a rather dull and normal upbringing in a small village called Tierg.  Her father was a baker, and her mother a priestess for the goddess Athena.  It was her mother who primarily raised the girl and lessons of honor, justice,  and protecting the weak were quite common.  Like many girls her age, Alice put up with her mother's teachings, but rarely took them to heart.  Instead she wanted to be a mighty warrior when she grew up, leading the king's army in battle, wearing beautifully crafted armor, and other such silliness.

The girl's average lifestyle changed during the winter when the was 9.  A famine hit their lands hard, killing many and overfilling the graveyard.  By some magical means, either diseases or sorcery, the still rotting bodies were turned to an undead angry horde and overwhelmed the small village.  Many died in the attack including Alice's parents along with all of her friends.  She herself was only saved by a Paladin knight who had come to assist the town...albeit too late.  He found her with sword in hand as she managed to fend off the undead monsters.  With haste the Paladin saved her and brought her with him as he escaped.

The night she swore vengeance on all things evil, especially undead and necromancy.  The paladin, impressed with her ability to survive and with her  conviction, had little hesitation before offering to raise her as his own child and teach her the ways of the Paladin.

Many years passed and Alice became very confident in her abilities.  As a full fledged, but young knight she accompanied her mentor and foster father on many of his quests.  The pair seemed to work well together and Alice proved her conviction and fighting skills on more than one occasion.  Sadly, tragedy seems to cling to the girl and on the same day she took her Paladin vows, her mentor was killed by a party of goblins.

Two years have passed since her mentor's death.  The girl, now a woman of 24 years old, has been adventuring by herself ever since.  Troubled and afraid to let anyone close, she hides her doubts with a prideful nature.  Preferring to spend her days uprooting any evil, she now hunts evil wherever it goes.  Regardless of her need to destroy evil, the life of an adventurer seems to suit her well.

Anon315

Working on character writeup, but it's 4:30 AM for me, so saving it for later today.

Hart Miiri
CG Human Bard / Totemist

Hart is and has always been cocky. It may have been a fault of his parents, for instilling him with a great deal of pride in himself, or it may have developed on its own through a youth filled with exuberant excitement. Either way, when he grew up, all Hart knew was that he wanted to be the center of attention. After all, he was Bahamut's very own gift to humankind. He traveled the lands, telling tales of great dragons, of not so great dragons, of maidens devoured by dragons... he generally had a central theme in his storytelling, but he also knew a few crowd favorites. After all, eating is generally helpful to one's own survival. In time, on his travels, he learned to embrace the beasts of the land, to wear their skins like a costume, the better to enhance his storytelling. These costumes also helped in the inevitable aftermath of his travels, when his post-storytime sermons on free love and lots of it got him in rather a bit of hot water with fathers, husbands, and elder siblings of girls he found himself inextricably intertwined with, and sometimes wives or mothers of men and boys, as he wasn't too particular on who lay with him.

His own escapades would fill up quite a book of tales were he content to write any of them down. He had actually considered doing so, but thought them so unbelievable that people would take it for fiction. More's the pity, as a number of his comedic tales such as waking beside a housecat when he'd sworn he bedded the maid, or seducing a nymph only to find her actually to have been his own drunken reflection in a roadside pond... well perhaps these were best left to the taverns and red lantern districts where such tales earned him a silver rather than humiliation. Ever in good spirits though, Hart continues travelling, his own brand of humor and entire lack of fashion sense his constant companion. After all, you shouldn't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive. (Excepting gods, and if we have to make that distinction it's going to be a very long journey.)

SteelZephyr

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on June 29, 2013, 12:12:38 AM
Seems frontline melee support is lacking. Hmm not sure though for that character type :-/

Edit: All Official WotC material allowed?

Yes, though I'd prefer it if you say where some of the more obscure things are coming from. It just saves time looking it up.

Alice looks good. I'll do a major edit in a little bit to get all the sheets into the first post.

kckolbe

Well, Alice is front line friendly and her centaur steed (my character) will do fine there as well.  He'll start with 0 class levels, but I will develop him in the best way to fit the group, most likely a combination divine caster and warrior (need to check out prestige classes).  I know he would be far more damage-y as a strict fighter, but I kinda like the idea of a centaur holy warrior, especially as a paladin's mount.  It has style.  I'm also not opposed to just going Ranger, which is a solid base class.

Prestige Classes that currently appeal to me: Pious Templar, Shining Blade of Heironeus, Warpriest
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

godfang

Name: Aio the puppeteer
Race: Elan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Class: Psion 6
Sexuality: Appears to have a liking for women

Height: 6'2
Build: :Lanky
Skin Tone: Inhuman grey

Character sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=600422

theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0LDtwAaJBo

-History-

In a lone tower nestled far from the big cities, an odd man lived. The locals call him Aio, a local word for 'faceless' due to the odd mask he wore.  Aio lives alone, seemingly without any access to food or water. He never leaves his tower and never talks to anyone. Most people stayed away from Aio because there are odd stories about it, like how objects move around on it's own, or how a ghostly giant is often seen looking out the window. 

The only ones who aren't afraid of Aio are the village children who would often bring him gifts. Aio never harmed them even once. One day, the village was destroyed and Aio soon noticed because the children stopped coming.  He began to wonder and eventually travelled out to find the ones who destroyed the village.

-Personality-
Aio is enigmatic and eccentric, speaking in riddles and doing things for seemingly no reason. He's not inherently malicious but can be quite cruel to his enemies, using them as playthings, fiddling with their minds and body. His powers are odd, they are not arcane in nature and he doesn't seem to have any connections to higher powers, he simply wills what he wants to happen.

He has a soft spot for children and would often perform wondrous things for their amusement.

-Travels-
In his travels, Aio discovered that the ones who destroyed the village where his friends are were drow slavers, led by a matriarch. He thought to himself, would he be happy if he killed this woman? Since the answer is no, he decided that the only way he'll be happy is if he can make her fix things, give him children of his own, so he searched everywhere for the drow matriarch, eager to make things right.

He soon learned that money makes the world go round, that information comes at a price and that price is gold. Though it would be easier for him to simply toy with a man's mind and make them tell him what he needs to know, Aio found this little 'game' in which he needs to obtain gold to get what he wants to be interesting, and so he played along.

Whenever he feels lonely, he would tug at the strings of a person's mind and make them keep him company. A woman, a man, he'd make it so they would be interested in keeping him company. This of course leads to him discovering the joy of sex (when an adventuring young lady under the influence of his powers made amorous advances towards him), and soon enough Aio decided that sex is not only a way to make children, but it's also fun! Oddly enough, he never seem to be able to get a woman pregnant, no matter how hard or vigorously he tried. So now, as he goes around in search of the drow matriarch, he is also trying to learn why he can't seem to create children.

Anon315

kckolbe, had you considered the path of the Crusader? I also generally like Psychic Warrior, and if you want to accelerate your psionic advancement, you could instead take like 1 class level there and go War Mind. (( Something about being able to go "Oh hey, I become GARGANTUAN" appeals to me. )) Crusader gets Thicket of Blades, a stance that with another feat (Stand Still) can make you a battlefield controller. Lockin down the enemies. 5 foot step? Not in your range. And with a spike chain your range is like 20 feet.

kckolbe

Centaurs have normal range.  Also, style only, I just don't think psionics are a fit for this character.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Anon315

godfang

phew, done with char sheet. It's been awhile since i play 3.5 

i really hope i can get in this campaign, i think i'll have tons of fun with Aio

Videospirit

So we should start thinking of how our characters know each other.

Chi and "Zarlathil Tibur Syra Laanil" could likely be aquainted with kckolbe's centaur just from Chi's Grove being in the same general area as wherever the centaur is from. They would therefore know of Alice through him.

Perhaps Chi has had to deal with Nyx before in securing her groves claims to the woodlands around it(As fun as having the collar would be, going to have to pass on that one I think)?

As for Garrett/Dornal. No idea how Chi and Dornal could have met, other than just Hearing about his vigilantism, but Garrett could have possibly helped Chi out with some... less than legal methods of encouraging one of the merchants trying to develop the land her grove is on to pursue other business ventures.

Hart... probably heard of a druid grove full of nothing but women and went to uh... "pay his respects" and see if he could score him some nymph threesomes or foursomes and met Chi while he was there.

No clue how Chi would have met Aoi, although she may have heard stories of the mysterious and powerful being living in a tower.

That leaves the Pixie and the Half-Hobgoblin who we know nothing about(Although hey, Pixie, could totally have lived in the woodlands near the Nymph's grove too)

Anon315

Hart wanders. And yes, that's entirely a possibility. Druid grove, women... druid women get kinky. Naturalistic, wild shape... so many options.

SteelZephyr

Godfang, what subschool of psionics does Aio specialize in? I couldn't find it anywhere in your post or on the sheet.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Videospirit on June 29, 2013, 03:03:11 PMAs for Garrett/Dornal. No idea how Chi and Dornal could have met, other than just Hearing about his vigilantism, but Garrett could have possibly helped Chi out with some... less than legal methods of encouraging one of the merchants trying to develop the land her grove is on to pursue other business ventures.

For Dornal... Perhaps Chi's grove was a tactically desirable resource during the war, and Dornal and Chi worked together to keep it from being taken?

The idea for Garret works for me. It's entirely possible Garret might have targeted a corrupt merchant on his own, independent of Chi, and ended up working together with her by the end of the escapade.

kckolbe

I will most likely not be playing the half hobgoblin.  I think the centaur is more interesting and will provide as much use to the group.  Plus, he is easier to tie in.

Intro Thread

SteelZephyr

Alright. I just don't have a sheet for him, so I don't have anything to link to.

kckolbe

Yeah, he's not finished yet, as I want to decide which path I am taking before finalizing his abilities.  After all, Wisdom is kind of a waste to stack if I don't go divine with him.  Here's what I have so far.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=599380

Intro Thread

EroticFantasyAuthor

At this point I'm leaning heavily towards a Changeling Beguiler.

godfang

@zephyr: oh, sorry. A telepath. Hence the pupeteer theme. He can affect people's emotions without them realizing, he can also summon a big puppet (astral construct) from the expanded knowledge.

Siereis

So now that there are a wide variety of heroes for this rp, what cash you tell us of the plot and starting location?  *tries to think what creeping tide can infer*.  Of course no big spoilers.

SteelZephyr

You'll be starting in the city of Krinol, a semi-large city in the plains. Krinol started a few hundred years ago as a trading post between the various species of the realm, then slowly grew into the place it is today. There was recently (a few months or so ago) a spirited religious concurrence between various faiths about the growing rumors that a mortal was able to ascend to godhood. They agreed to take a "wait and see" approach, and were pleased when the rumors died down into something only occasionally mentioned in taverns near closing time. Outside Krinol, however, the more monsterous races took these rumors as a sign, and have been more active lately than usual. Not much has happened yet, but it's like putting vinegar down an ankheg's throat: something is going to happen soon. And it will not be pretty.

godfang

so, how many players in the group? I think it should stick to 4-5. Perhaps the rest can join my pathfinder game (or perhaps SteelZephyr can, since he's dming, maybe he'd like to play as well)