News:

Main Menu

Ballerina illusion

Started by Oniya, January 01, 2011, 07:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aethereal

Can consciously make her go both ways and- as I found out on coincidence- if there's two of her on the screen at the same time, I can make her go both ways at once, give or take.

Remiel

Wow.  I've spent nearly half an hour staring at this illusion (thanks, Drow Denizen!) and I still can't figure it out.  Until Drow posted the three pictures side by side, the ballerina would only go clockwise for me.  And even after looking at the pictures, I couldn't make the middle picture change direction.  Only after I stared at the right picture for awhile and then back to the middle, did it suddenly--BAM!--change direction for me.

Now I can almost instantly make the middle picture alter direction, but only if I stare at the junction of her raised leg and abdomen.  If I look at her hand, or her face, it's impossible.

Trieste

That picture is very cool. I can glance from one side to the other and whichever side I just glanced to, she's instantly moving like that. I've never seen it instantaneously change like that; usually it takes a moment.

Wykyd

I loved the illustration of the three side by side! What a trip!

Diablerie

Am I the only one who can make her go faster, either way? >_>

Izu

I can make her make one spin one way, then one spin the other way, and so on and so on... And it also changes speed for me if I 'let' her spin one side for longer..

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...