Pokemon: Chains of Evolution (8/8 Gyms filled; closed until further notice.)

Started by Revenent, June 19, 2012, 04:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revenent

By the way, since you don't have an actual second evolution, you can give Toshi one more move if you want.

Ember Star

*waves* I decided to finally show my face here so people know where to find me. Rev, thanks for handling this completely while I dealt with my issues
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Karasu

I'll save Toshi's final move for when he evolves, at the moment I'm thinking of what to evolve him to, it's someting to think of ya know XD
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Revenent

Quote from: Ember Star on June 30, 2012, 10:21:46 AM
*waves* I decided to finally show my face here so people know where to find me. Rev, thanks for handling this completely while I dealt with my issues

No problem. ;D I'm just glad you're back, since I'm not sure I could handle this many players on my own.

Quote from: Karasu on June 30, 2012, 10:24:17 AM
I'll save Toshi's final move for when he evolves, at the moment I'm thinking of what to evolve him to, it's someting to think of ya know XD

Works for me, but remember, this isn't like the games; you don't magically forget moves as you learn no ones, and there's no limit of four that you can use (after you learn more than four, that is).

DemonLord FuriousPyro

Taunting your desires, feeding from your hate. Evolving in darkest fires.

Revenent

It's good to have you aboard, Pyro. :-)

Well, we have our character thread up, so things should be moving along shortly once everyone gets their profiles done

Character Roster

Coming up next will be the Region Map so everyone can get familiar with the locations around Tetso, though it will still be largely blank while we wait for the Gym Leaders to decide what their towns are going to be. I'm hoping to have it up tonight, but it might not happen, since I have to work late and get up early tomorrow morning. I should have lots of time tomorrow to work on it, though, once I'm done with this volunteer construction jazz in the morning.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

That's exactly what I was planning on doing once I got the Region Map up. Basically, every town would have a number, and every landmark/dungeon would have a letter, and the information would be listed in tabs below. That way we can number and sort everything before we have all the names and information down.

Karasu

I gsave you a town , that southern one on the lowest tip of the map up there XD South Point Town XD

Karasu

And yes I got the idea for a link from Pokemon Conquest.. Damn good game!

Revenent

Are you referring to the on on the left side of the map? I forgot to mention this before, but the one on the lower right, above that single mountain, already has plans for it. Speaking to everyone, you can still have a Gym there if you're a GL, but you won't be able to design the town.

Karasu

Revenent

So were you talking about the one on the left map or the one on the right?

Karasu

ShadowFox89

If possible, I'd like Natasa's gym to be on the left side of the map, the city just above the lake.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

Quote from: Karasu on June 30, 2012, 11:02:52 PM
the lower tight, that small tip.

The one that leads to the mountain, then?

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 30, 2012, 11:04:26 PM
If possible, I'd like Natasa's gym to be on the left side of the map, the city just above the lake.

I believe that's already Astorpoint City, Elouise's city.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

Open. As far as I know, everything is open except for two of the three large cities on the map that aren't Seastorm, and the small town that's the furthest east on the map.

Feel free to request a new location if you want your town elsewhere, too. It's not too much of a stress on my magnificent GIMP abilities to add another town on there.

DRoux

Oops. I feel directionally challenged now. :P

I meant for Astorpoint to be large city in the east. Feel free to grab the city by the lake.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Karasu

Revenent

Alright, well, that town and, more specifically, that mountain are going to play heavily into the region's lore, so keep in mind Katsuo will probably have to be pretty familiar with it once I introduce it. The name you chose is fine, though.

Unfortunately, all, I'm going to be heading out for a large chunk of the day soon, but I will probably be able to get another couple topics up later, most importantly the Region Map.

Karasu

Revenent

Sorry for the delay. Things got...hectic.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=145023.0

Only added the information for the first few towns so far, but if anyone would like me to add something about their town, or they're a Gym Leader and want another town in a new location, just shoot me a PM.

I'll put the OOC up tomorrow so everyone who's been approved or is working on their profile can come and chat, and hopefully discuss an idea I had for a progression and reward system, to see if everyone was okay with it, or they had better ideas.

On a last note, Ember told me she was going to send out PMs to those who have expressed interest but still not done a profile or responded recently, but since I haven't heard from her and don't have confirmation that she did it, I'll do that tomorrow as well. I may just start up the IC thread for those who are already approved, just so you guys have something to do while we wait for the rest.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent