Interest Check ---- Supers RP?

Started by Decrepitdan, October 31, 2010, 07:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decrepitdan

All right all:

Here's several things that i'd like to point out before we proceed.

We're starting out in a 'Heroes' type setting, so lets set the year as last year (2010). This is just for the general feel of the roleplay. We need not use actual existing locales all the time, and we can make up a couple of towns or the like, and unique locations of course - for our use in this rp.

Everyone will start in the same location or area. I will let everyone decide where exactly that is, be it a large city, or what have you - so throw out suggestions on that so we can come to a consensus. This is just to get the rp flowing, and to give us all a common starting point.

As we are running a purely story based campaign, and not using a system, please refrain from making unilateral decisions in one of your posts for another character. If there are any problems with this, I reserve final judgment on whether a post needs to be changed if it can't for some reason be worked out between the players involved, just come to me.

How does this sound to everyone?

Xenolord

Sounds like you have a plan, Dan. Xeno likes and approves.

lex87author

I like the sound of that, let's go for it.

As for the starting city, would everyone rather it be a major city (i.e. New York, Los Angeles) or a small town somewhere? A city would give us more space to spread out and develop our characters, but it would take more work for everyone to come in contact with each other. Meanwhile with a town we'd "find" each other sooner, but then our development might start while we're together.

minerva7790

Sounds good! Can't wait to start. :-)
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Dracoat

Maybe something like Manhattan sized?

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

Xenolord

Yea, something like manhatten is small enough where it's possible to run into each other, while being large enough to provide in-depth character development. Plus, Manhatten's an island. We can't really stray too far from the city. :)

RubySlippers

For truth, justice, the american way and - MUFF DIVING!!!

;D

Decrepitdan

I believe that any size city would function fine. All of you are supers, not normal citizens - so you'd run into each other more than you would think in any case.

Also, do any of you already know each other? If so, how well? Would you all like me to somehow associate you all together, or do you want to start out in 'bands' of sorts, or simply by yourselves?

Xenolord

For obvious reason, I don't think those supers who take a more 'me me me' approach to their powers would be seen with people who take a 'for great justice' approach. So, in short, band up the heroes with heroes, and the villains with villains.

lex87author

Yeah I would agree, somehow banding people together would be good, if nothing else it gives everyone a starting place before they branch out.

However, what would that mean for us neutral folks? Would we be Free Agents that the Hero/Villain bands could try to recruit or would we just float between bands as we please? Or might we even be banded together as our own group? I don't really have good idea it was just questions/ideas I thought of.

Dracoat

I would rather start alone, I'll put myself in a situation where I'm caught stealing my lunch. That'll put me into a conflict with one of the heroes at least lol. Plus, the alone thing goes with my background.

O/Os

Xenolord

For you neutrals out there, it would be a feasible idea to pair you up with certain hero\villain characters as personal friends, and you could either agree with whatever they were doing, or disagree. If you'd agree with the group, you could stay, and play a bit of an observatorial role, or you could leave and do your own thing.

Remember, there is no such thing as true neutral. Unless you're made of paper.

Decrepitdan

I would think people could end up as independent or in some sort of band. It's possible that there could be some sort of organizations that some belong to. For heroes, this could be some sort of cooperative "League of Heroes" type thing. Perhaps neutral characters belong to some sort of "Watcher" organization, meddling just enough to keep good and evil balanced in the world. Evil characters might head small organizations of their own or belong to sinister groups that terrify even them...

You guys just let me know how you wanna proceed, and we'll do it. :D

As a side note, I personally believe there is a such thing as true neutral, it's just extremely rare.

lex87author

Speaking as a neutral I would be fine with either being part of Decrepitdan's suggested "Watchers" group or being an independent that teams ups with villains and heroes whose goal align with my own, but I'd be fine going with the majority in this regard ( I may even end up shifting my allegiance depending on how the story line develops and the needs for my character adapt and grow.)

Xenolord

Quote from: Decrepitdan on November 08, 2010, 11:32:49 PM
As a side note, I personally believe there is a such thing as true neutral, it's just extremely rare.

Just like common sense...

But anyway, I agree. But I'm a villain, so... *Goes off to plot.*

I dont know

Yeah Manhattan would be a great place for the action, since there is sky scrapers. I love sky scrapers. ;D

And yeah that sounds like a great idea to put in groups, like there's the good ones and the bad guys. Pretty cliche.

Urbanzorro

I agree with Manhattan being a good starting point. Though I'm not too sure where to start my character off...He isn't really the 'play nice with others' type.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Sanai

Heya! I wouldnt mind joining this roleplay. What do you need more of? Villains or heroes? I will make whichever is needed more.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

minerva7790

Quote from: XenoLord on November 08, 2010, 11:30:04 PM
For you neutrals out there, it would be a feasible idea to pair you up with certain hero\villain characters as personal friends, and you could either agree with whatever they were doing, or disagree. If you'd agree with the group, you could stay, and play a bit of an observatorial role, or you could leave and do your own thing.

Remember, there is no such thing as true neutral. Unless you're made of paper.

I think my character would find it hard to remain neutral, since she's good at heart, and it's only circumstance that forces her to choose neutrality. That said, I'll probably have her allying with the heroes. :P
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Dracoat

So any word from Dan on progress of the story setup?

O/Os

Dracoat

So... just wondering whats up with this thread. Go? No Go? Shall someone assume control of this idea? Or will Dan make a glorious return?

O/Os

Xenolord

As it stands, I don't think he's coming back, but you might wanna check with him via PM (But he hasn't answered mine for a different thread, so good luck.)

Dracoat

Ok, I sent Dan a message, Either he's gonna reply or not, in which case I will continue this for those interested. Just a little head count, but who is still with this thread?

O/Os

Xenolord

Decrepitdan

Greetings all, I apologize for my hiatus. Dracoat has offered to step in and take over this thread, and the consequent rp - and I have gladly accepted his offer of help with all of the shit going on atm.

I apologize to all for the delay, and thank you Dracoat for the offer.