BREEDERS (Recruiting for next round and side plots only)

Started by lore, January 30, 2014, 02:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lore

APPLICATIONS FOR THE FIRST PLOT THREAD ARE CLOSED

You may continue to submit apps, but these characters will only be able to participate in side plots until the next plot thread goes up around the begining of March.

OOC THREAD

INFO AND ACCEPTED APPS

B  R  E  E  D  E  R  S

*impregnation will not be required or even a main focus of the role play

A gritty, dark, heavy on realism sci-fi.

Humanity was facing it's own extinction. The Chimera virus was poised to destroy us within a generation, but the inoculation designed to deliver our survival exacted an unanticipated toll. Male fertility dropped to an undisclosed, but desastrously small fraction of it's former rate. 

Nations, as we knew them, no longer exist. Rigid social divides remain etched deep among social classes even as populations dwindle worldwide. Rights vary greatly among them:

T H E  U N T O U C H A B L E 1%
Shareholder
A shareholder is only obliged to do so much work as they chose. Their ancestors cornered every market there was and ever will be. They can participate in running the executive seat tied to their name, or hire an elite to act as a consigliere. A shareholder does not have employment other than managing whatever shares he or she may have.

A fertile male shareholder is authorized to take any lower class woman of legal age however he sees fit. There are rumors that the number of fertile Shareholder men is skewed due to counterfeited permits/medical testing. Character types available for play: [fertile male shareholder][sterile male shareholder with counterfeit fertile status] [sterile/fertile male shareholder with a seat on the C-Corp board of directors and ambitions of becoming the new CEO]

Female shareholders have their pick of the breeders, can see them as they see fit, and can choose to "sponsor" the same or a different chattel breeder every month, providing him luxury accommodations and making him exclusively available for her use. Character types available for play: [female shareholder with T-7 suite] [female shareholder with a seat on the C-Corp board of directors and ambitions of becoming the new CEO]

T H E  E L I T E 19%
Citizen
There is a measure of variety among the Citizens. They fulfill white collar, managerial, and academic positions. They live comfortably, owning their own homes, but the fruits of their labor are signed away to their shareholder employers who have rights to all they create. The best an elite can hope for is to become a consigliere, and in doing so receive a few shareholder perks (taking, suites). Example T-7 elite careers: R&D technician, physician, kitchen manager, priest 

Fertile male elites are expected to make themselves sexually available to women. Even if they marry, they will be drafted for a one month stay at a breeding tower once every 12-24 months and are paid the wages they would otherwise receive. Character types available for play: [fertile male elite assigned to T-7 for breeding*][sterile male elite in the employ of T-7] *It is recommended that even if your elite male is fertile, that he have a position at T-7

Citizen females are expected to see a breeder once a month at their peak fertility after they marry. They may be exempted from this duty should they meet specific criteria: unmarried, providing an essential service, deemed unfit for motherhood for health reasonsCharacter types available for play: [female elite assigned to T-7 for breeding*][Female elite in the employ of T-7] *It is recommended that she also be employed at T-7

T H E  C H A T T E L 80%

Chattel
Most work industrial, low pay/high risk jobs, but others may work service positions. They are born into and identified by their slums, which owned by shareholders. They may request certain jobs, but their duties are ultimately assigned by their shareholder's corporation. Should they work full time, they would make just enough to pay their shareholder rent. Most Chattel can't afford real food and sustain themselves on protein gruel provided by their slum. Chattel slums are violent, dirty, and crammed despite the population decline. Example T-7 jobs: cleaning staff, food service staff, guards

Working class chattel men are brought to the breeding tower where they are stripped of all rights and made to breed as many times as their handlers deem possible on a daily basis. A neo religious influence has squarely blamed science's intervention in the sanctity of life for the present plague crippling humanity. Fertilization must occur "naturally". Some chattel revel in the opportunity to fuck women from all social strata senseless all day, while other plead for their release and need to be restrained to fulfill their duties. Character types available for play: [fertile male chattel assigned to T-7 for breeding][Sterile male chattel employed at T-7]

Female chattel are expected to see a breeder once a month at their peak fertility. Chattel women raise their own children with their own families. Due to the chattel breeding laws, chattel babies are more numerous and not thought of as precious. Should she or her family not be able to provide for the child, the child will be made a ward and raised in government housing until it is old enough to enter the workforce. Character types available for play: [female chattel assigned to T-7 for breeding][female chattel employed at T-7]

P L O T

50 years have passed since the erection of the first Breeding tower, and to celebrate C-Corp is opening T-7, it's state of the art flagship Tower: bigger, bolder, and better. The suites are larger and more luxurious,  The Chattel accommodations more streamlined and sterile, and their R&D has promised a breakthrough on Fertility treatments within the next 15 years. C-Corp stock has never been so high. Some of the buzz surrounding gala opening of T-7 has been marred by rumors that birthrates are stabilizing. While C-Corp is quick to accredit their towers with any alleged stabilization, tiny pockets of underground dissidence over the necessity of breeding policies are beginning to stir. The social structures [shareholder, citizens, chattel] have been in place for ages, long before the fertility crises or the towers. Breeding programs existed before the towers, this was just the most recent step in their evolution.

The role of T-7 rebellion leader and CEO of C-Corp would begin in the hands of two cannon characters who will be up for grabs:

rebellion leader: A shadowy figure. No one knows his or her identity, but they have managed to gain access to classified Shareholder files, gain the trust of many fertile chattel, and leak information to the general public.

CEO of C-Corp: Amelie Camille Newly elected by the C-Corp board of directors, Amelie has everything to prove. T-7 is her baby and she'll be damned if anyone impedes it's success. Cold, calculating, brilliant, she is a force to be reckoned with. (Played by GM)

Should no one claim these characters, a new leader will rise and someone else will be voted in as CEO.

The success or failure of the rebellion will depend largely on the actions of the players.

A P P L I C A T I O N

PM your applications to lore. Do no post them.

P L A Y E R  N A M E

[float=left][img height=300 padding=8]PICTURE OF YOUR CHARACTER HERE. 300 PIXELS IN HEIGHT[/img][/float][b]Name[/b]: Last, first
[b]Age[/b]: Minimum age 21
[b]Sex[/b]: M/F – if someone is interested in a different gender, PM me
[b]Class[/b]: Shareholder, elite, chattel
[b]Fertility status[/b]: fertile, sterile
[b]Orientation[/b]: We accept all, but there is a very hetero-centric political climate
[b]Profession[/b]:

[b]Personality[/b]: three main traits, followed by a paragraph minimum. Two paragraphs max.

[b]Bio[/b]: Please, keep it to the necessary details. 

[b]Affiliation[/b]:  Rebellion, State (anti-rebellion), neutral and a couple sentences as to why

[b]Plot hopes[/b]: Why does your character hope to accomplish? Are you interested in writing with any particular type of character?

N E E D E D

-fertile male chattel
-female chattel

C H A R A C T E R  R E Q U E S T S

Requested for: Aisling Jamison
Characteristics: 1) A fertile male Shareholder. Her half-brother (via her father). Dominant, ambitious, perhaps wants to play cat-and-mouse with his deceptively eccentric and proper half-sister. Or 2) A fertile male breeder. One of her ex-trainees or someone new. Rebellious, troublesome, and trying to outsmart her by whatever means necessary.
Plots: 1) Upon moving to T7, Aisling runs into her half-brother at the Opening Gala. He takes a rather unnecessary amount of interest in her. Let the games begin. Or 2) Upon entering T7, Aisling is unsurprised to find a pile of work already awaiting her. What she is surprised by? The breeder giving her slightly murderous looks.
Play By(s): 1) This man, for the love of God please. Or 2) This lovely.
Other Notes: I'm pretty addicted to headgames, power struggles, and yes the whole idea of impregnation. A touch of romance is also appreciated, hold the fluff. If that sounds like your cup of tea, we'll get along well. If you'd prefer something fluffier (or more non-con) you might want to try someone else. :-)

Jasper Jones (0522T7). Soft spoken, soulful prophet. Caught orchestrating an escape at T-4 five years ago, Jasper was flagged for the longest stint in R&D in Tower history. Afterward, he was sponsored by Amelie Camille, who made R&D feel like a vacation. His battered, broken ,and scarred body was shipped back down to the chattel floors once she tired of him, complete with a vocal implant that deprived him of the ability to speak. What no one knows is that the chip short circuited a month ago. He has been carefully cultivating the loyalties of the chattel men, but who can he trust with his voice beyond his brothers?

Urbanzorro

Quite the interesting idea if I do say so myself.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Mtpersson

I like this idea...kinda like 'The Handmaid's Tale'.

lore

AribethAmkiir

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

lore

@AribethAmkiir - Plot, if any, would depend largely on what characters people want to play. I would want to see who people want to be, and tailor story around them. The direction of this game definitely depends on who people want to be.

I am torn between having a sandbox world where writers can bring characters in and take others out (so long as they aren't fertile male chattel) as they please with complete creative freedom and imposing more developed plots: rebellions, power plays, escapes, brutal crack downs etc.

I worry people would be bored and directionless with the former, and too restrained with the latter. Thoughts?

EDIT:

I am set on having the roleplay built around a single tower and those using and used in it. I am leaning toward providing a setting, as well as GM consequence posts (R&D details, promotions, etc) every week-month depending on the pace of the game.

Urbanzorro

You could do both, start things off rather sandboxy and as time passes implement different plot arcs. For instance there could be a point where quotas get upped. Or a conspiracy to free chattel level people gets set up/discovered, etc.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AribethAmkiir

I'm  interested in the later (plot driven story), and not interested in the sandbox game.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

ArtemisHighmore

Vill

Bookmarked...

I'm assuming a sterile elite male would be an available option to play?

lore

EDIT: that's what I get for posting first thing...

@Vill most definitely - though it would be required that that sterile elites have a position at the tower: R&D, physician, kitchen manager, priest etc

sterile shareholders are encouraged, as a fertile shareaholder would be a living unicorn.

It is recommended that he either be a shareholder in C-Corp (the corporation behind the Breeding Towers) and/or that he have a falsified fertility status record so as to be able to easily place himself in the Tower/role play.

-cooking up a brief plot as we speak-

EDIT

Plot added. Characters will be free to choose side or simply pursue their own interests

AribethAmkiir

Something I don't understand: if the whole point of society is to reproduce, why aren't children, born to any mother, being treated like a treasure? 

lore

Class is taken very seriously. A child birthed from two chattel parents will never be anything more then fuel for the workforce.

Chattel populations have dropped, but tenuously stabilized due to breeding laws. A small supply of fertile men can keep a stable stock of working class children as working class women are obliged to present themselves every month for breeding.

LeSane

I'm interested by this, but I have to ask. Would it be possible to be a guard that was once apart of the chattel men?
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

lore

@Scarification: Do you mean once a part of the fertile chattel men? Sure, if he was tested and found to be no longer fertile.

TheVillain

Yeah, that does seem like a bit of a plot hole. If babies in general are so rare, we'd probably take what we could get.

Leaning a scientist whose research was so integral to this system that he became a shareholder. He views this system as a necessary evil to prevent extinction, and knows just how low the fraction of men that are still fertile. The lower classes of men don't like him because he's head of the experiments, the lower classes of women don't like him because he has women brought up to his suite whenever his testosterone is above a certain level and bases his choice on who on a fertility algorithm, not caring about marital status or consent in the slightest.

Though on the plus side, he's the first to say that this system should be torn down immediately if his efforts to find a cure for the wide-spread sterility be found which he's putting a lot of effort into. He also hates men who cheat the system by forging fake fertility papers almost as much as the women who getting taken advantage of because of these papers do.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

AribethAmkiir

What portion of the male population is actually fertile?  10%?  1%?

LeSane

Yes that's what I meant. I was thinking he would be relieved he didn't have to endure such treatment anymore due to the conditions men of that class system face. But has to see both men and women still degrade themselves for humanity.  Eh I think he'd be a slippery slope when it comes to his feelings on the whole thing
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

TheVillain

I know when I did a similar premise I had it be "1 in 100,000 men can still get a woman pregnant - tops". But I didn't go the full towers and social classes stuff.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Mtpersson

Quote from: lore on January 31, 2014, 09:31:41 AM
Class is taken very seriously. A child birthed from two chattel parents will never be anything more then fuel for the workforce.

So say, a fertile chattel male impregnates a chattel female, that (male?) child would be brought up in the world. Would they then be tested at puberty for fertility? If they were sterile they would go into an industrial, low pay/high risk job whereas if they were fertile they would go to the tower and go to stud so to speak?

lore

I'm hesitant to put a % on the number of fertile men unless people feel it is absolutely necessary. I'll be honest here and say that I don't have the skills to set up population vs fertile% vs viable reproductive rates in a scientifically accurate way. If someone wants to come in as a volunteer statistician, please do. (this is in no way sarcastic)

To add to the "Plot hole" questions: The highest class involved in the production of a baby (mother or father) has first claim to any child produced, and obviously, they usually take it even if the other parent is chattel. Chattel + chattel = chattel, however. Always. There may be an exception to the rule, where a shareholder claims a child of a lower class, but this would be done surreptitiously. It is considered sacrilege.

QuoteSo say, a fertile chattel male impregnates a chattel female, that child would be brought up in the world. Would they then be tested at puberty for fertility? If they were sterile they would go into an industrial, low pay/high risk job whereas if they were fertile they would go to the tower and got to stud so to speak?

Great question, thanks. I was leaning toward a test that can be done directly after birth (either the mutated virus is present in you or it is not). Fertile chattel would be raised in boarding schools... but if they were that socially engineered from birth, I imagine getting them to rebel would be very challenging. For plot sake, a test performed at puberty would likely work better.

TheVillain

I suggest "so low that the few people who know it lie and and claim we don't actually know it as to not start a panic" for the official statistic. If your character is someone who would know, never actually say the number but look grim when talking about it.

Urbanzorro

I'm torn between playing a 'good guy' or a 'bad guy' lol.

*EDIT*
I agree with the undefined but BAD fertility percentage idea.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.