Deception: Murdered in Hong Kong Game Thread

Started by Galactic Druid, January 04, 2016, 10:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

It's not that I think they wouldn't be in a cafeteria at all, but that I think Trophy and Sculpture seem more likely to be Dormitory or Classroom.

And 'Notes' --I never actually eliminated James Moriarty's Note--but none of his methods of murder look particularly applicable at this juncture, so Note is right out unless James has a viable method to go with it.

Yugi's Exam paper -- I feel it doesn't fit 'Cafeteria' at all, but Classroom.

Just offering my reasons for my wall o' text. I could be completely wrong. And I do know I eliminated a lot of things, but at this juncture, with 6 clues out, we need to be able to confidently try to eliminate options rather than try to justify more options.

Remiel

My thoughts:  I would advise people against trying too hard to make a coherent narrative out of Persephone's clues.  It makes little sense for Persephone to use "Blank" as a way to indicate the victim was surprised or caught off-guard; I think "Severe Injury" accomplishes that purpose on its own.   Rather, I think "Blank" is her way of trying to focus on the Evidence.  Remember, however, that, as the 6th clue, this is the weakest one.

I think we'll learn more once Persephone places her 7th.

RedPhoenix

Yeah I'm waiting for the last clue at this point. I'm sure the clues are good but I am confusing myself so quickly...
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

yugi006

I was so sure that  was it but now I don't know anymore of what to think.

persephone325

This clue is covering up Assembly.

Sudden Incident - Power Failure, Fire, Conflict, Loss of Valuables, Scream, Nothing

The FS has chosen Nothing.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RedPhoenix

Galactic Druid

Nope, one left, which I'm PMing to her now.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Remiel

Okay, I don't think that clue gave us any new information, which tells me we must be on the right track.

J'accuse Verasaille via the Folding Chair and the Numbers.

persephone325

Quote from: Remiel on January 29, 2016, 11:45:52 PM
Okay, I don't think that clue gave us any new information, which tells me we must be on the right track.

J'accuse Verasaille via the Folding Chair and the Numbers.

You are incorrect!
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Verasaille

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Verasaille

I still think it was a blunt object that was used and some kind of note, letter or clothing maybe with a letter? Letterman's jacket?

Has to be a school cafeteria, and blank expression could be shock or disbelief if the victim failed an exam!

Talk about confused...I am hopeless this time. Nothing fits!
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

yugi006

Blythe

I'm thinking if persephone chose to cover up Assembly, then we might be on the wrong track with Folding Chair. Verasaille's Push seems more likely.

A lot of what I eliminated with Assembly could also have been eliminated with the location being Cafeteria, so I think my list still potentially holds.

Should be noted Madame is also still a suspect with Bamboo Tip and Menu.

Galactic Druid

Just a reminder, there's only one clue to go before it's time to use it or lose it when it comes to votes!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Verasaille

I really thing the last two clues mean you are all on the wrong track! There are other suspects you know that fit the other clues. I really think it is MP with the menu so fitting for the cafeteria and the writing! The weapon is the thing that makes me hesitate. Though it could certainly be the bamboo. That fits the cafeteria, as kebabs can be served there. A weapon of convenience and stealth, that is why the victim was in shock and the severe injury need not be incredibly bloody. I mean anything shoved directly into the heart at close range is going to kill!

I am not discounting Yugi either, that sculpture still seems a viable weapon to me and can be found in a cafeteria as a decoration. And the exam paper can be the written part.

But I cannot make up my mind which one would fit better.  ???

yugi006

There is a much better place for both the sculpture and the exam paper to be which is the classroom which Persphone didn't choose.

If you are so sure Vera why don't you make a formal accusation. We don't have much time left.

Remiel

I'm fairly certain we can eliminate Versaille's Dictionary and Banknote.   While a Dictionary is written, there is no way that a dictionary can be considered blank.    And I feel like if the Banknote was the evidence, then Persephone would have said either Trading instead of Assembly or Loss of Valuables (insurance) instead of Nothing.

It's possible the Trophy could have been the murder weapon -- it would cause Severe Injury, be possibly found in the display case of a Cafeteria (although I would have gone for Classroom, myself), and hint of Action and Assembly in the form of sports events.   The Numbers would still account for Written, Blank, and Nothing (zero).

The other outside possibility is James Moriarty's Blender and Note, although I'm at a complete loss as to what either of those have to do with Assembly.  Perhaps some assembly required?  I think I'm just stretching now, but I was so sure it was the Folding Chair.  Meh.

RedPhoenix

I'm leaning towards Blythe with Hammer/ID Card.

Verasaille

You are right Yugi, I do need to make a formal accusation. I think I will go out on a limb here and take the chance I am going for a long shot.

Iam going to accuse...Bamf! His surgery was a failure and he came to the cafeteria to read his comics after lunch, only to witness his patient keel over from internal injury!

RedPhoenix

That's a pretty good guess....*waits in anticipation*

persephone325

Quote from: Verasaille on January 31, 2016, 03:44:03 PM
You are right Yugi, I do need to make a formal accusation. I think I will go out on a limb here and take the chance I am going for a long shot.

Iam going to accuse...Bamf! His surgery was a failure and he came to the cafeteria to read his comics after lunch, only to witness his patient keel over from internal injury!

You are incorrect!
I don't know.

Remiel

Okay, so five of us have used up our guesses.

Assassini, Madame Professor, BAMF, Strangefate, James Moriarty, and Red Phoenix, we're counting on you.

Blythe

Quote from: Remiel on January 31, 2016, 03:25:12 PM
The other outside possibility is James Moriarty's Blender and Note, although I'm at a complete loss as to what either of those have to do with Assembly.  Perhaps some assembly required?  I think I'm just stretching now, but I was so sure it was the Folding Chair.  Meh.

I formally guessed Blender with Note for James quite a while back and was incorrect.

RedPhoenix

Madame Professor

Yes, but then we have to use our clues ASAP.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.