Getting a lot of Spam

Started by wander, October 10, 2016, 03:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

As title says, I've been getting a shed-ton of spam e-mails recently, even had the ol' junk sent to me under my own e-mail address, though it wasn't sent from me.

My computer is clean and yet this is still occurring. I was wondering what I can do to limit this nuisance.

Sofina

I get a lot of spam on gmail recently but mostly it goes in the junk folder, I have had emails from friend as someone hacked their contacts and the email addy is theirs with a Russian domain name at the end.
We all choose what path we follow..... Come down mine sometime. 

Sofina’s ONs and OFFs

wander

I had been hacked before, though I changed my password, got a new OS installed, wiped the comp and now everything is clean, though this may be a side-effect of that happening before.

I've had junk sent in the name of my email address, though checking sent and deleted folders show it wasn't sent from my email, so it had likely appeared as a bounce.

Thing is, it's my microsoft account, I get most of my mail sent to it and it's my main addy, so I can't just shut it down and start over. Also changing the password for it was an ordeal last time.

Fenirus

It could be that a site your signed up with at that email has been hacked and the email stolen.  However it's probably more likely which every site they got it from sold it themselves or got bought out and sold it.  Sadly it happens often, even my primary email that I use only for paying credit cards has had an issue with that.