Corruption of Champions (Pathfinder) - Interest Check - Closed

Started by eBadger, October 04, 2017, 03:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eBadger

Edit: Passing on this one for now, but may revive the idea in the future.  Thanks to all for the interest!

Imagine a world invaded by demonic agents and literally suffused with their corruption, turning many of  its residents into selfish and often wanton parodies of their former selves. Where few are as they were and those tainted who still maintain their common sense and sanity flock together for protection -- and often relief for their new-found urges.

A world full of monsters, some in the shapes of beautiful women and men, some bestial, some demonic, all driven by powerful urges -- to taint, to reproduce or simply to satisfy their cravings.

A world into which unsuspecting 'Champions' are often sent as tribute, so that the demons residing there do not turn their eyes towards other realms. All too often these champions end as little more than playthings, but some prove the exception. Some battle against all these dangers with success and carve a place of their own, some make the corruption their own and become a powerful menace in their own right -- all these things and many more are on the table.

The many transformative items that abound in the world are a quick path to greater strength, but can also lead to darker  things. Sure, drinking the milk of a succubus makes you into a more beautiful image of femininity and makes a busty beauty even out of a flat-chested tomboy -- or a formerly brawny man -- but it also tempts, corrupts. The blood of a minotaur or dragon can grant great strength, but it all comes at the price of
change. Even for the most wary traveler, the world's chaotic magic and sadistic denizens curse and enslave.

The world of Corruption of Champions, as originally conceived by Fenoxo, is a land of sex, corruption, transformation and every kink imaginable.  It is a quirky and fun take on the non-consensual and extreme, where a fight is more about domination and lust than violence.  While I highly suggest a few minutes playing the free game there's no need to have extensive knowledge and, in fact, it may be more fun not to know quite what's going on.  You've just been thrown into another world, after all! 

Characters would begin this game just as the they do the computer game: unsuspecting innocents sent or lured into the realm of Mareth without the skills or equipment to be safe. 

Stuff that's set:
-I would be using the Pathfinder system.  It's not necessarily the best for this, but I know it fairly well and my attempt at this game a couple years ago made it clear that a strange world and unique RPG isn't the time to learn new systems.  However, the focus of this game will be role playing, not roll playing ("The Code is more of a guideline, really")
-Characters begin at 0 level (just basic stats and background).  Normally I prefer some levels, but in this game simply learning basic skills to survive will be your first obstacle and:
-Combat will be more focused on domination than violence.  This isn't to say nobody will ever die, but like the original game the sword bashing is more to establish control than to kill people.  Fights will end with shoving an opponent against a wall, holding a blade to their throat, grabbing their crotch and watching their spirit break into lustful compliance more than blood and gore. 
-As that implies, this is a very non-con/reluctant/power play sort of world. 
-Characters are going to lose a lot.  Encounters will sometimes be absurdly hard, tricky or require multiple attempts.  Always failing isn't fun, but expect your character to be suffering the Little Death regularly (see what I did there?). 
-Characters will change.  You will be transformed, cursed, corrupted, dominated and modified.  You will not always (or even usually) have much say in that; like encounters, they are challenges to be overcome (though hopefully also enjoyed!)
-Feedback says you'll start human: 15 point build, 4 hp, 2 skill points, Wizard weapon proficiency.  Characters will get two feats (because human) and one trait, which can either be used right away or saved until level 1.  50 gp for basic equipment.  The intention is to start very basic and move up quickly.  Stat changes, bonus feats and racial traits will be a routine thing as we go. 

Stuff I'm not yet sure about:
-My previous attempt involved a story driven plot.  Combined with the non-con theme, a couple players felt railroaded.  Would y'all want a plot line to follow, or a sand box with a few subplots?
-Races.  I was initially inclined to say all humans to start with, to make changes seem more exotic.  But I also recognize that basically no one in pathfinder wants to play a human.  Thoughts?

A few things are simply part of the setting, and any players would have to be okay with them.  If not, no worries - this just isn't the game for you. 
-Noncon/reluctant/bdsm/power play. Like the computer game, this will tend more toward the "forced to enjoy yourself and do what you're told" version, not torture.  The world is infused with Lust, and even when they hate what's happening to them characters will tend to be stimulated and enjoy it, too. 
-Bestiality.  A major theme is about changing race and erotic monster encounters.  This will run the gamut from furry cat girls to orcs to wild beasts.

LSWSjr

Quote from: eBadger on October 04, 2017, 03:36:49 AMMy previous attempt involved a story driven plot.  Combined with the non-con theme, a couple players felt railroaded.  Would y'all want a plot line to follow, or a sand box with a few subplots?
I understand the problem with feeling railroaded, but I still think a story driven plot would be better than a sandbox. A directionless sandbox CoC campaign would offer little more than the game this is based on.
Quote from: eBadger on October 04, 2017, 03:36:49 AMRaces.  I was initially inclined to say all humans to start with, to make changes seem more exotic.  But I also recognize that basically no one in pathfinder wants to play a human.  Thoughts?
Well, other traditional fantasy races such as orcs and goblins are also among Mareth's citizenry, but honestly I think it's better for all to start as humans in a CoC campaign because you usually won't stay as one for long ;)

All in all, I'm looking forward to this!

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

ShinigamiWolf

I would be pleased to join this as well, and I think it's understandable to start as Humans.

You need some plot, but I tend to think along the lines of building a sandbox with forks in the road. If you worry about railroading, give people several options to go forwards here and there in vastly different directions.

Quezvax

I'm certainly interested.  I have not played any pathfinder, but I have played a lot of 3.5e.  Close enough, right? =D
Kinks! Ideas!  A/A
Should you decide to ghost me, I will respect your wishes and leave you be.  However, I promise that never shall I ghost you.

Waldham

In Pathfinder, there are the following books :
Companion: Champions of Corruption

Path adventure : Hell's Vengeance In Hell's Vengeance, Paizo's first Adventure Path designed for evil characters, the players take on the roles of villainous agents of the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune, which rules the devil-dominated nation of Cheliax. Under the leadership of a zealous paladin of Iomedae—goddess of honor, justice, and valor—a new knightly order called the Glorious Reclamation seeks to purge Cheliax of its diabolical taint by overthrowing the House of Thrune and reclaim the country for its people in the name of Iomedae. As the uprising gathers strength, the evil adventurers must defeat the valiant knights and their celestial allies to stop the rebellion's spread through Cheliax and preserve Thrune's oppressive rule. Will the wicked antiheroes quell dissent and uphold the infernal laws of Cheliax and its diabolic rulers, or will the heroic knights of the Glorious Reclamation overthrow the corrupt House of Thrune and usher Cheliax into a new age of peace, prosperity, and glory?

Pathfinder RPG Horror Adventures includes:

Corruptions that can turn your character into a powerful monster, from a blood-drinking vampire to a savage werewolf. The only cost is your soul!
    Character options to help heroes oppose the forces of darkness, including horror-themed archetypes, feats, spells, and more!
    A detailed system to represent sanity and madness, giving you all the tools you need to drive characters to the brink and beyond.
    Tips and tools for running a genuinely scary game, along with an in-depth look at using horror's many subgenres in a Pathfinder campaign.
    Expanded rules for curses, diseases, environments, fleshwarping, haunts, and deadly traps.
    New templates to turn monsters into truly terrifying foes, from creatures made of living wax to a stalker that can never be stopped!
    ... and much, much more!

Pathfinder RPG Book of the Damned includes:

Descriptions for dozens of archdevils, demon lords, Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and other fiendish divinities, including the foul boons they grant to their most devoted followers.
    Explorations of otherworldly fiendish realms, including the infernal reaches of Hell, the death-haunted expanses of Abaddon, and the nightmare depths of the Abyss.
    Several brand-new monsters to fill out the ranks of all 11 of the fiendish races, from sinister classics such as demons and devils to new favorites like asuras and sahkils.
    New blasphemous rituals, magic items, powerful artifacts, and spells to arm your villains with or for heroes to discover and defy.
    Three fiend-focused prestige classes, ready to vex and terrify adventurers who dare stand against their plots.
    An extensive collection of in-world excerpts from the sinister pages of the Book of the Damned itself.
    ... and much, much more!

Faiths of Corruption presents a player-friendly overview of the evil-aligned religions and faiths of the Pathfinder campaign setting, along with new rules and information to help players customize pious characters in both flavor and mechanics. Inside this book, you’ll find:

Information on each of the major evil gods and his or her corresponding religion, including what’s expected of adventurers of various classes, ways for the faithful to identify each other, taboos, devotions and ceremonies, church hierarchies, holy texts, religious holidays, and more.
    New character traits to help represent and cement a character’s background in the church.
    An overview of several secular organizations affiliated with the various evil churches.
    Codes of conduct for the fearsome antipaladins of many different gods, designed to help distinguish evil holy warriors of different faiths.
    New feats for merciless warriors and vindictive spellcasters.
    New spells to help evil casters spread pain and despair.
    Details on minor evil deities, demon lords and archdevils, elemental lords, the Four Horsemen, and more!

Agents of Evil
Adventure isn't just for goody-goodies anymore. Inside this book, you'll find:

New background options, story feats, and character traits to help you flesh out your villainous past. Were you the product of a hard life, or just born rotten to the core?
    Details on who worships the evil gods of the Inner Sea, and a brief review of their nonevil cults, including the appeaser cleric archetype, who channels nefarious powers to unaligned ends.
    New archetypes to emphasize moral compromise and sinister influences, such as the insinuator antipaladin, who serves no cause but his own glory.
    General and specific tactics for battling the forces of good, from self-righteous paladins to holier-than-thou angels.
    New spells, magic items, magic weapons, feats, and poisons to help give your morally compromised adventurers the edge over their foes!

Antihero handbook
Not all adventurers are exemplars of heroism, righteousness, and justice, but that doesn't mean they can't get the job done. With Pathfinder Player Companion: Antihero's Handbook, you'll find new rules options for characters on the shady side of morality. Whether you need a less-than-heroic background to justify your character's flaws, are looking to join an antiheroic organization, or seek ways to play corrupt or cowardly adventurers, this book has just what you're after. Featuring new archetypes, alchemical items and discoveries, and magic items, Antihero's Handbook is the perfect guide for anyone not willing to stick to the straight and narrow.

Inside this book, you'll find:

New archetypes, including a vigilante who changes identities even more radically than most, a rogue who handles jobs discreetly, and a gunslinger who talks big to keep his enemies off their game.
    A new bloodrager bloodline, corruption, and phantom emotional focus to help bring an adventurer's dark past to bear in the present with still darker power.
    New drawbacks, feats, poisons, and even cursed items that antiheroic adventurers can use to further their questionable causes, often at the expense of their reputation—or their allies!

Blinkin

I'll express tentative interest, although I have no idea what I'm getting into... I've never created a 0th level character.

But, I love humans, mainly because everyone else goes for the power races and I prefer to have the challenge of playing something that isn't all power. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

eBadger

Quote from: LSWSjr on October 04, 2017, 05:41:42 AMI understand the problem with feeling railroaded, but I still think a story driven plot would be better than a sandbox. A directionless sandbox CoC campaign would offer little more than the game this is based on.

It wouldn't be directionless, just less scripted.  Basically, in the story driven concept there would be a clear path to overcome a Great Evil and Get Home.  In the looser concept, there would be villains and rumors of ways back, but a larger focus on smaller quests and goals and more choice of what the group wanted to pursue at any given time. 

Actually, having written that I'm leaning toward the latter idea.  If the group wants to make a specific villain or goal the main point of the game I can always bring that into more focus. 

Quote from: Quezvax on October 04, 2017, 08:30:54 AMI'm certainly interested.  I have not played any pathfinder, but I have played a lot of 3.5e.  Close enough, right? =D

Pathfinder is literally just an updated 3.5e after D&D took a very bad turn into 4e.  There are a few tweaks, but you can pretty much dive right in.  I'm happy to provide some guidance and I'll sacrifice mechanics for a good story anyways. 

Also, all the rules are online: bookmark http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ and return there often.

Quote from: Waldham on October 04, 2017, 03:15:25 PM
In Pathfinder, there are the following books :
Companion: Champions of Corruption

Pathfinder RPG Horror Adventures includes:

Thanks for the resources!  Those first two in particular seem promising, I'll check them out.  I've also encountered a couple good unofficial smutty resources that will help out. 

Quote from: Blinkin on October 04, 2017, 03:40:04 PM
I'll express tentative interest, although I have no idea what I'm getting into... I've never created a 0th level character.

Blinkin!  I'd love to have you.  0th level = character with no class.  Basically just put together stats, make a background, maybe a feat or traits, and go.

Starting human being the consensus:

15 point build, 4 hp, 2 skill points, Wizard weapon proficiency.  Characters will get two feats (because human) and one trait, which can either be used right away or saved until level 1.  50 gp for basic equipment. 

Again, the intention is to start very basic and move up quickly.  Stat changes, bonus feats and racial traits will be a routine thing as we go. 

I think we have a good start here, but I'm hoping for a bit more interest before I dedicate. 

Blinkin

Questions:

Does the 2skill points include the bonus for high int and the human racial ability? I was thinking about taking one or two alternate racial traits, and Skilled is one that I'll probably lose.

Can we hold a feat for level 1, or do we have to take both feats at start up?

Background skills? It would give the characters the option to show some of their background at the start of play as nearly everyone is going to drop the skill poithe usual skills, Perception or something like that.

I may adjust a character that I made for another game (There are so many of them) for an offering as far as background goes.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Quezvax

Quote from: eBadger on October 05, 2017, 01:51:47 AM
Pathfinder is literally just an updated 3.5e after D&D took a very bad turn into 4e.  There are a few tweaks, but you can pretty much dive right in.  I'm happy to provide some guidance and I'll sacrifice mechanics for a good story anyways. 

Also, all the rules are online: bookmark http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ and return there often.

Starting human being the consensus:

15 point build, 4 hp, 2 skill points, Wizard weapon proficiency.  Characters will get two feats (because human) and one trait, which can either be used right away or saved until level 1.  50 gp for basic equipment.

I can work with this.
Kinks! Ideas!  A/A
Should you decide to ghost me, I will respect your wishes and leave you be.  However, I promise that never shall I ghost you.

Blinkin

Here's the  bio, CS coming soon to a world near you...

Wendy Rhimes Bio

Name: Wendy Rhymes
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Height: 5’7
Weight: 126

Background/description:

Physical Description:
Wendy is a raven haired beauty with large, jade green eyes and full lips in a tanned, heart shaped face. Straight, dark brows and a narrow, slightly upturned nose gives her a striking appearance. A slender throat leads to shoulders that may be just a hint too wide and firm, well rounded breast that fills out her tunic in a most alluring way. A slender waist narrows before flaring out into well rounded hips and tight ass, which lead into toned, long legs. Most commonly seen in well made, if worn clothing of earthy tones, she moves with the fluid, unconscious grace of a predator.

Personality:
Wendy is a woman who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching her. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse her every breath and she firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people anoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, she is as much at home in a crowd of people in a tavern as she is in the wilds of the forest. If you make it through her demanding standards, you’re a friend who’ll never find anyone more loyal to the concept… If you’re an enemy… well, there’s loyalty there too.

Background:
Wendy is the only child of parents with a serious taste of wonderlust and desire to see what was around the next hill; settling down only long enough to restore their supplies, make some more coin and gather up items to sell in the next town or settlement that they came to. As a result, Wendy was never sure where she was born, or where she came from… only that the world was vast and she longed to stay in one place.

When Wendy was in her early teens, her family was attacked by a band of bandits while encamped for the night. Her parents were killed and Wendy left for dead. She never knew how long she laid at the edge of death, in a state between one world and the next before she was found by a half-elf who had been tracking the band for some time. The man, a ranger by profession, cared for her until she returned to the world of the living and took Wendy under his wing. As she grew older and began to display some of the talents of woodlore and animals, he began to teach her the basics of his own calling.

As time went on, Wendy and Elister, her mentor and adoptive guardian, became an not uncommon sight in the forest and surrounding lands as she learned her craft and sold the occasional bow in the settlements or towns for the few things that she couldn’t obtain from the land.

Then, one night, after a fine meal of roasted rabbit, hot beans and bread, followed up with some freshly picked wild strawberries that the young woman drifted off to sleep in her bedroll by the fire; her backpack stuffed under her head as a pillow that... something... happened. When she awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of... something... that she discovered that the campfire... even her companion... were gone as if they had never existed...

Character Sheet

Name:                Player:  Blinkin
Race: Human            Sex: Female
Class: None             Favored Class:  None
Level: 0            EXP: 000
Alignment: LN         Next Level:  ???
Measurements: 36C-24-34      Weight: 127 lbs

Ability Scores: (15 pt buy)
STR:   12 (+1) Carry: L: 43, M: 86, H: 130
DEX:   14 (+2)
CON:   12 (+1)
INT:   12 (+1)
WIS:   14 +2)
CHA:   12 (+1)

Saving Throws:         Combat:
Fort: +1         HP: 5/5
Reflex: +3         Init: +3
Will: +1         Speed: 30’

Offense:            Defense:
BAB:+0               AC: 15
TAB: +1            AC (Touch): 12
Ranged: +2            AC (Flatfoot):13
CMB:+1            CMD: +13
AC(Special):

Class Skills
Total   Skill (Ability) (CS+Abil+Mod+SP)

6   Perception (WIS) (03+2+0+1)
6   Stealth (DEX) (3+2+0+1)
9   Survival (WIS) (3+2+3+1)
Languages: Common, Goblin

Feats/Racial features/class Features
(RF= Racial Feature, CF=Class feature)

0th Level:
RF -   Skill Focus; Survival: +3 to Survival.
   (First Level Feat)

Racial Traits:
Ability Modifier: +2 to any single Ability score.
Fey Magic: Gain 2 skills as class skills, 1 1st level and 3 0th level spells as spell like abilities & Lowlight vision. Replaces Skilled
Focused Study: Gain Skill Focus at 1st, 8th, and 16th level as bonus feats. Replaces Bonus Feat.
Traits:
   Drawback:
   1st Trait
   2nd Trait

Spells:

1st,  2nd
Current:
1st:   
2nd:   

Coin:      Weight:
PP:    
GP:    12
SP:    5
CP:   
Tot. wt.::

Equipment:
Quarterstaff: 0 GP
Dam: 1D4+0   Crit: X2   Wt: 4
Dagger): 2 gp
Dam:1d4+0   Crit: 19-20(x2)   Wt: 1   rng: 10’
Studded Leather: 25 gp
AC: +3   DEX +5:   Skill: -1   Spell: 15%   wt: 20
Total Weapon and Armor  Weight: 25 lbs.
Other Items:
Item:            Cost:   Weight: (Notes)   Notes:
Fighters Kit:      9   24
Backpack:      0   0 (Kit)
Bedroll:      0   0 (Kit)
Belt Pouch:      0   0 (Kit)
Flint/Steel:      0   0 (Kit)
Mess Kit:      0   0 (Kit)
Rope (50’):      0   0 (Kit)
Torches (5):      0   0 (Kit)
Rations (5):      0   0 (Kit)
Waterskin:      0   0
Kit, Fishing:      .5   3
Fishing Pole:      0   0
Fishing Tackle:   0   0
Kit, Grooming:   1   2
Soap, chewing stick, tooth powderComb, Scissors, sponge, nail file, hairbrush,mini-mirror,
Total Weight: 54 lbs

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Quasar

Definitely interested in this as CoC is a long time favorite game ;)
Quasar's Bangs (Requests; Updated 2017.08.25)
Quasar's A/As (Updated 2017.08.12)

AdventureGuy

eBadger

Quote from: AdventureGuy on October 05, 2017, 07:18:19 PM
DO you still have room?

Absolutely, tho we're still in the interest check phase.  Still hoping to hear some more interest and feedback. 

Pockets

08/02 - New A/A Update

ShinigamiWolf

Hmm...so is the core concept of CoC in place? Because isn't your character chosen as Champion? Are we playing this as random lottery that we are chose or are we roughly destined/chosen as a group to appease X reason?

15 pt buy is basic NPC level is the main reason why I ask, I'd almost say 3d6 roll for stats might make for more hilarious builds and the like if it's random lottery that we are chosen.

It would also effect the kind of background story I'd try to present as a potential character.

Saric

I'd like to throw in my interest, but note that if we are 'Champions' we should probably have higher base stats to represent our training and preparation. Even in the base game it talks about your training.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

eBadger

Quote from: ShinigamiWolf on October 05, 2017, 09:43:40 PM
Hmm...so is the core concept of CoC in place? Because isn't your character chosen as Champion? Are we playing this as random lottery that we are chose or are we roughly destined/chosen as a group to appease X reason?

15 pt buy is basic NPC level is the main reason why I ask, I'd almost say 3d6 roll for stats might make for more hilarious builds and the like if it's random lottery that we are chosen.

It would also effect the kind of background story I'd try to present as a potential character.

Quote from: Saric on October 05, 2017, 10:36:30 PM
I'd like to throw in my interest, but note that if we are 'Champions' we should probably have higher base stats to represent our training and preparation. Even in the base game it talks about your training.

Just played through the intro again, and I think what I have listed is pretty reasonable.  Despite the title of "champion" and brief mention of a year of preparation, the starting character isn't really that good at anything and is only equipped with fists and "comfortable clothes".  I gather the village just wanted a more appealing title than "tribute" or "sacrifice". 

I personally prefer point buy over rolling because it's simpler to check and everyone starts on the same footing.  There's a lot of room to tweak your stats, though, and you certainly aren't required to use all the points.  Once some curses/boosts/transformations kick in I have no doubt there will be some interesting characters. 

Reasons for being in Mareth will vary.  You could be sent as a champion/tribute, either by lottery or birth; you could have stumbled across a portal somewhere; intentionally entered a portal for your own reasons; been snatched or purchased by imps or something else.  All I would require is that your character be newly arrived in Mareth with no knowledge of what to expect and minimal preparation. 

So far there seems to be a decent quantity of interest, but not a lot of variety.  Would love to have a few non-male players. 

Saric

Quote from: eBadger on October 06, 2017, 12:05:09 AM
Just played through the intro again, and I think what I have listed is pretty reasonable.  Despite the title of "champion" and brief mention of a year of preparation, the starting character isn't really that good at anything and is only equipped with fists and "comfortable clothes".  I gather the village just wanted a more appealing title than "tribute" or "sacrifice". 

I personally prefer point buy over rolling because it's simpler to check and everyone starts on the same footing.  There's a lot of room to tweak your stats, though, and you certainly aren't required to use all the points.  Once some curses/boosts/transformations kick in I have no doubt there will be some interesting characters. 

Reasons for being in Mareth will vary.  You could be sent as a champion/tribute, either by lottery or birth; you could have stumbled across a portal somewhere; intentionally entered a portal for your own reasons; been snatched or purchased by imps or something else.  All I would require is that your character be newly arrived in Mareth with no knowledge of what to expect and minimal preparation. 

So far there seems to be a decent quantity of interest, but not a lot of variety.  Would love to have a few non-male players.

Fair enough.

Okay but what is the Point Buy at? 15? 18? Lower? Higher?

Also fair.

I can play a female if you'd like. I kind of planned on getting futafied as soon as possible in this game. More fun to be had that way! >:)
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Quezvax

Kinks! Ideas!  A/A

Blinkin

I think he meant female players than female characters.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Vergil Tanner

Ok...after a lot of humming and haaing, I think I've decided to throw my hat into the ring. Not sure if it's to my tastes, but I'm willing to give it a shot! Let me know if this is ok! :D

Also, to throw my hat in there; I think I would prefer a Sandbox game, with you sprinkling little plot morsels here and there to guide us along, rather than just being forced down a linear progression. :-)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Amelia. If she has a surname, she's never shared it with anybody.
Nicknames: Just try it, Goblincock.
Sex: Female. Duh.

Race: Human
Class: None
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Level: 0
EXP: 0

Basic Appearance:
Standing at around 5'3, Amelia is not exactly...tall, even for a young human woman, but if you think that makes a damn bit of difference, she'll knock you on your back. Or at least try to. Her face is pretty enough - well rounded, with an angular set of cheekbones, long blonde hair - that she usually either keeps in a braid or a ponytail to keep it out of the way - and bright green eyes. She's of a slender build - living on the streets will tend to do that to you - and what mass she does have is wired muscle, toned through years of living it rough and having to survive on her own. Whilst not voluptuous at all, she's found that her slightly more subdued curves have their own allure and a way of getting what she wants from people - she's not as curved as some women, but what she does have is tight and firm - and she finds that even her B-Cups (which are perky and full enough, even if they aren't classically considered "Big") can be made to look at least a cup size bigger if she absolutely has to have them larger for her dayjob. Men are such perverts, anything that they can grope is usually good enough for them. She tends to wear greys or greens - depending on where she's going and what she's managed to steal that week - and though a sneer is never far from her face, she does have a tendency to play mischief on people she deems either worthy of her continued attention, or at least amusing enough not to leave in the dust. Upon entering the wilderness, she is simply wearing the slightly ragged green and brown clothing she was able to scavenge from the alleyways before she left. She also has a collection of scars, gathered over a lifetime of roughing it in the streets.

Personality:
Amelia is...distrusting, to say the least. She isn't outright hostile per say, but she has very little patience and even less of a fuse. If you piss her off, you will very quickly know about it as she usually makes no secrets about her opinions. She is capable of holding her tongue if absolutely certain, but...not for very long. On the streets, emotions tended to be expressed very loudly and very often, and Amelia has never been one to shy away from confrontation. Being small, she had to at least look big - or be too much trouble to bother - for most of her life, and that reactionary personality has stuck with her. She can do small cons, but anything further that pushes her patience or her temper? You would be lucky if she finished it. It isn't that she has poor impulse control...she just has an issue keeping a lid on her temper sometimes. Her temper and her mouth has gotten her into plenty of trouble before, and probably will continue to do so...unless something happens to teach her a lesson in the better part of valor, of course.
If you somehow manage to penetrate her bitter and hyper-reactive outer shell, however, you might be surprised to learn that she has a loyal streak and is fiercely protective of the people she considers "not dicks." It's hard getting to that point, but once she considers "Part of the Crew," she'll move heaven and Earth to help you. She'll complain bitterly about it and probably box your ears for getting into trouble in the first place, but that's not the point. Thing is, you'll never get her to stop swearing or insulting you. She is from the streets, after all.

Basic Background
Amelia has been on the streets for as long as she can remember. She must have had a house and home and family at some point, she reckons, but if she did they died long before she had any hope of remembering them. Her earliest memory - besides a few vague, hazy faces that float into her dreams sometimes - is of wandering the streets, hungry and alone. She'd beg off of passing strangers, try to swipe a bun off of a lightly guarded stall when she could and try to find a disused doorway to sleep in at night, but the going was rough. There were some weeks where she only ever got one or two meals a day, and sometimes what she did find was promptly taken by the larger street urchins that scurried around in the back alleys like rats. It wasn't easy or pleasant, but eventually she actually managed to find her way into a small, informal group of smaller urchins. They weren't a gang - nothing so formal - but they stuck together in packs large enough to give the larger urchins pause, and helped each other to survive. They grew up with each other for several years, stealing and dodging, working well as a unit to cover each other and ensure that they had places to sleep and enough to eat. But as with any good thing...it had to come to an end.

They were growing older, you see, and older kids needed more and more supplies to keep going. A few swiped buns turned into a few armfuls of the things. Scraps of disused cloth became entire shirts. A dropped silver piece became entire purses of gold...until they were caught. Amelia can't even remember how it happened, what went wrong; one moment they were scoping out the merchant street looking for food, and suddenly, there were guards all around them. There was beating, there was blood, there was pain...and darkness. She only awoke much later, in the gutter in some back alley...and this, she remembered clearly. Rain was falling, the kind of drizzle you get at the tail end of a storm, a soft breeze whispering through the streets. Distant murmurings, but far away...the hubbub of the day dying down in the quiet hours between late afternoon and mid evening, when all the soon to be drunks were just setting off for the bars, that quiet moment when neither work nor play is audible. That creepy hush that falls...almost wrong, to hear that level of quiet in a city, and yet...she remembered it. She'd been tossed into a pile of rubbish - nothing new, when you were an urchin - that stank faintly of fish.

It was from there that she extricated herself and stumbled, half blind, bruised and battered and with a searing pain that spoke to at least two shattered ribs throbbing in her chest, down the alley. It didn't take her long to find the rest of the group...her friends. They were scattered in the same general alleyway, heaped in with the darkness and refuse, where they fucking belonged according to most. Broken, bloody...twisted into odd angles, eyes gaping...missing teeth, bent limbs...one five year old - a new addition, Tommy, she remembered - had gotten his skull caved in, leaving only his lower face left recognisable. She hoped that had happened first. She remembered hoping that it had been quick. And that was when she realised...friends only got killed in that world. In that world, connections were a liability. Groups made you easier to see. So...she struck out on her own. The next six years consisted of thieving, running, hiding, fighting the other street kids, evading the lecherous hands of older urchins and twisted drunks, of offering herself up to corrupt guards that couldn't be avoided, of doing everything - and anything - that she needed to do in order to survive. Until...she fucked up. She got caught. She tried to pickpocket the wrong rich asshole, and ended up being dragged before the Guard. Since she wasn't a minor anymore, and because the old fart was rich enough to offer them enough gold to ignore her attempts at a physical bribe, she had the book thrown at her. She was given two choices; hanging, or be sent into the wilderness as part of some "Tribute." Well...at least one way offered her a chance at life, however slim. She picked the latter option, and avoided the gallows. She just had to hope that her choice didn't end up being something worse than the gallows.

Connections:
-- To Be Worked Out Later? --

Theme Song:

The Stats and Saves, Overview:

Stats:
HP: 4 / 4
Str: 11 (+0)
Dex: 17 (+3)
Con: 10 (+0)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 14 (+2)

Attack Options:
- Club +0 (1d6)
- Dagger +0 (1d4)
- Light Crossbow +3 (1d8)

CMB: +0

AC: 13
TAC: 13
FFAC: 10
CMD: 13

Fortitude Save: +0
Reflex Save: +3
Will: +1
Initiative: +7

Max Weight, Light: 38lbs

Bluff: +7
Stealth: +7

Skills, Feats and Class Features:

Skills:
(??? + Int ( +0) ) = ??? / Level

Languages:
Common,

Class Skills:
Bluff (Cha) (1)

Other Skills:
Stealth (Dex) (1)

Racial Bonuses:
- Bonus Feat
- +2 to One Stat
- +1 Skill Point per level

Feats:

- Improved Initiative: +4 Initiative

- Skill Focus (Stealth): +3 to Stealth.

Traits:

- Convincing Liar: +1 Bluff Checks. Bluff is always a Class Skill.

Class Bonuses:

- None -

Inventory:

Magic Item Slots:

Head:
Headband:
Eyes:
Shoulders:
Neck:
Chest:
Body:
Belt:
Wrists:
Hands:
Ring 1:
Ring 2:

Complete Inventory:

- Trail Rations x6 (3gp, 6lbs)
- Bedroll (1sp, 5lbs)

- Club (3lbs): 1d6, Crit x2.
- Dagger x2 (4gp, 4lbs): 1d4, 19-20 x2, 10ft Increment.

- Light Crossbow (35gp, 4lbs): 1d8, 19-20 x2, 80ft, Pierce.
- Crossbow Bolts x20 (2gp, 2lbs)

- Lamp (1sp, 1lb): 1 Pint of Oil lasts 6 hours. 15 foot cone.
- 2 pints of Lamp Oil (2sp, 3lbs)

- Fishing Net (4gp, 5lbs)

End Wealth: 1gp 6sp
Total Weight: 33lbs / 38lbs
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

ShinigamiWolf

~nods~ I shall wait then. I don't want to throw in my hat just yet just to give you more time to try and find some other players. Too many applications and some GMs feel the need to push off after all ^_^

c0i9z

Saric

Quote from: Blinkin on October 06, 2017, 08:36:09 AM

I've got a female player thinking it over, she's just not sure she's got the time free the game would need. I'll know later tonight.

eBadger

Quote from: Blinkin on October 06, 2017, 08:36:09 AM

Yes, this...the line of only green buttons indicates I have not made this an inclusive game  :-\

Vergil Tanner

I wouldn't worry about that, personally. Sometimes you end up getting more interest from male players, others from females. Making an inclusive game is just about making it available to everybody, which you've done. Looking for equality of outcome is unrealistic, since you're never going to get it, not really. I wouldn't worry about it, personally. It's nothing you've done, it just might be that there aren't many interested females. You've made an inclusive game, but if the female players aren't interested, then they aren't interested. You can't force them to join the game, after all :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

MiraMirror

May I ask what kind of posting rate you'd be looking for, EBadger?
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

eBadger

Quote from: MiraMirror on October 07, 2017, 09:41:53 AM
May I ask what kind of posting rate you'd be looking for, EBadger?

My expectation is 2-3 posts per week on a regular basis, with an understanding for periodic life events. 

Vreski

Blinkin

Ok, Wendy's bio is updated and her CS is up. Hope she's ok. Some minor changes may have to be made when my questions about skill points and feats are answered.... There is one feat slot unselected because I wanted to hold it until 1st level and how she may be changed at that point.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ThatFantasticBard

This looks like it could be really fun! I'd definitely be willing to try a game based in CoC.

Vergil Tanner

ThatFantasticBard

Likewise! Kinda funny how easy it is to run in to people from other games on here. :^)

Vergil Tanner

Haha, well, if you have similar tastes, you tend to see the same names popping up, no? :P

AdventureGuy

Here is my character for now, adding more later but I'll keep it here.

Physical
A fairly short human and slender guy with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. He has a very fair and slightly feminine face, much to his chagrin. He moves in a very reserved and least imposing manner, moving aside for others and being as quiet as possible.

Personality
He is a very bookish and learned guy not very strong or healthy all the time but can be deceptively quick. He can be quiet friendly once you get to know him but more often he will avoid people or quickly excuse himself.
He is 23 years old, gay, with very little experience. He hope to be a mage one day and do odd jobs to fund his book collection.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1358681

Quezvax

Name:       Lilly
Race:        Human
Physical Description:
Lilly is a thin girl, standing at five foot two inches tall.  She weighs roughly one hundred twenty pounds.  She has long, fiery red hair and green eyes.  Her skin is fair, freckled on her face, chest, and arms.  Her chest is a small A-cup, and her hips widen a little, giving her a slight, but lovely female form.  She is neither strong nor quick, but she makes up for it in wits.
Personality:
Lilly is a kind person, and had been training as a druid before being chosen to be sent as a champion.  Her mind is both keen and open, and as such, she gets along in the world quite well, in spite of being physically limited.  She is soft spoken, but has a way of subtly manipulating conversations to go more her way, which is usually for the greater good.

A basic concept, but what I'd be starting as.  If we get the green light, I'll make a full pathfinder character sheet.
Kinks! Ideas!  A/A

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on October 08, 2017, 02:19:46 AM
Haha, well, if you have similar tastes, you tend to see the same names popping up, no? :P

That's true! Actually, there's quite a few people I recognize in here.

By the way Badger, how is magic gonna be treated in this game? Will it be regular ol' Pathfinder, or will the range of spells be a bit more basic, like CoC?

Naughty Miss Adventure

Tentatively interested.  However, the defeat=rape thing isn't really my scene, especially given the frequency suggested in the opening post.  I've played CoC, loved it, but was always able to skip through the rape parts with a single click, so if that aspect could be down played (or at least, I don't have to write out the rape of my PC) or a 'fade to black' thing can be done, my tentative interest would be a definite interest!

(for the record, I don't find rape an off; I just find it tedious to write out, so its presence as part of the setting doesn't actually bother me altogether)
Ons & Offs (last updated: 15.08.21)
Absences & Apologies (back after a near year-long absence!)
Current Status: Not Accepting New Games; Muse: Erratic

Visit Eridor, where the Black Gate has been opened! (Long-term D&D 5e project)
Visit Carla at The Breeding House of Vinicus

eBadger

Quote from: ThatFantasticBard on October 08, 2017, 10:14:45 PMBy the way Badger, how is magic gonna be treated in this game? Will it be regular ol' Pathfinder, or will the range of spells be a bit more basic, like CoC?

I won't be recreating the magic system.  I dislike trying to homebrew an existing system to any large degree, so while I may tweak some things here and there (somatic components, indeed) I think I'd leave things mostly as is.  Honestly, the fun of smutty pathfinder is figuring out to make things kinky. 

My one tweak might be to re-flavor pure damage spells.  Burning Hands might become a wave of lust, for instance.  Nobody wants acid arrows in their sexy times.  They would work the same mechanically, though. 

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on October 10, 2017, 12:25:18 AM
Tentatively interested.  However, the defeat=rape thing isn't really my scene, especially given the frequency suggested in the opening post.  I've played CoC, loved it, but was always able to skip through the rape parts with a single click, so if that aspect could be down played (or at least, I don't have to write out the rape of my PC) or a 'fade to black' thing can be done, my tentative interest would be a definite interest!

(for the record, I don't find rape an off; I just find it tedious to write out, so its presence as part of the setting doesn't actually bother me altogether)

I'm gathering others share your concern, so thank you for bringing it up!  I've paused with this for a bit while I think of how to navigate that.  I would never force someone to write out a scene they don't like; but I also don't want people to feel they have to skip through sections of the game. 

The simple solution is to reduce the reluctant-con aspect of combat.  Fighting is simply fighting, it's a smutty Pathfinder with a transformative theme...doable but one of the things I personally like about CoC is that erotic victimization.  Starting characters tumble from one misadventure to another, and even once things get secure there's always the odd encounter that catches you with your pants down and leaves you in a mess. 

I'll also stress that I'm looking toward reluctant sex v. rape.  I don't want people pinned down crying as they're violated.  I want characters that are tripping on magical aphrodisiac and will eagerly participate in whatever is done to them. 

Vergil Tanner

I think dub-Con would be better, too; I was actually planning to play my character as more of a "Kinda wants it but doesn't want to want it," y'know? Aphrodisiacs are a good way to balance that :D

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: eBadger on October 10, 2017, 02:12:08 AM
I won't be recreating the magic system.  I dislike trying to homebrew an existing system to any large degree, so while I may tweak some things here and there (somatic components, indeed) I think I'd leave things mostly as is.  Honestly, the fun of smutty pathfinder is figuring out to make things kinky. 

My one tweak might be to re-flavor pure damage spells.  Burning Hands might become a wave of lust, for instance.  Nobody wants acid arrows in their sexy times.  They would work the same mechanically, though. 

I think I know someone who has a pdf file that could help with that actually. It sorta adds a few additional things, like a lust system and some spells and items that fit with the idea of an erotic campaign. There's a couple other things in it, but you can just pick and choose what rules you wanna use.

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: eBadger on October 10, 2017, 02:12:08 AMI'm gathering others share your concern, so thank you for bringing it up!  I've paused with this for a bit while I think of how to navigate that.  I would never force someone to write out a scene they don't like; but I also don't want people to feel they have to skip through sections of the game. 

The simple solution is to reduce the reluctant-con aspect of combat.  Fighting is simply fighting, it's a smutty Pathfinder with a transformative theme...doable but one of the things I personally like about CoC is that erotic victimization.  Starting characters tumble from one misadventure to another, and even once things get secure there's always the odd encounter that catches you with your pants down and leaves you in a mess. 

I'll also stress that I'm looking toward reluctant sex v. rape.  I don't want people pinned down crying as they're violated.  I want characters that are tripping on magical aphrodisiac and will eagerly participate in whatever is done to them.
Oh, I perfectly understand the sexy nature of 'rape' in a CoC setting and not the more unpleasant realistic type, lol

What I mostly wanted to point out was the loss of the ability to choose when I want to write a sexy scene - usually it takes a little build up for me - simply being told my PC is under the effect aphrodisiacs or some lust-inducing environment doesn't actually get me in the mood to write anything sexual, it's the build up to the moment that does.  More or less, it is this loss of freedom to choose when I enter a sex scene that is the biggest obstacle.  So, to suddenly lose combat and be told 'you find yourself crumpled on the ground with your ass in the air and a big monster cock throbbing nearby', or similar, kind of has me with at an ambivalent 'Uh... okay?' mindset at best, to an apathetic 'Well I lost; do your thing' at worst.  Even more so if its with a creature/person that I don't find stimulating in a sexy way (case in point, tentacle beast).

I can't speak for others, but certainly for myself, I'd really like need the option of non-contribution (not necessarily non-involvement) in a non/dub-con scene that I'm not prepared to do.  My main interest is mainly in adventure, transformation, consensual sex, and the occasional pinch of non-con.

AdventureGuy

Everyone has their own tastes, I tend to like NC, the part that I don't look forward to having giant parts, tf all good, but no one needs a 6ft dick with balls the size of watermelons or breasts you could lose a small pet in. So again people have their own tastes but if ppl could not tf or have sex with me with overly large parts I would appreciate it.

Vreski

Quote from: AdventureGuy on October 10, 2017, 08:54:21 AM
Everyone has their own tastes, I tend to like NC, the part that I don't look forward to having giant parts, tf all good, but no one needs a 6ft dick with balls the size of watermelons or breasts you could lose a small pet in. So again people have their own tastes but if ppl could not tf or have sex with me with overly large parts I would appreciate it.

I'm someone who needs those things. :P Growth to absurd sizes and bigger is a HUGE fetish for me and I can never get enough of that kind of content and it can be hard to find. I'll leave people alone though if they're not into my overly huge parts. I'm wanting to start off as a normal girl though and slowly acquire my oversized parts. Also I'm fine with NC and I'm fine with everyone and anything having sex with my character.

Saric

Quote from: eBadger on October 10, 2017, 02:12:08 AM
*snip*

I'm gathering others share your concern, so thank you for bringing it up!  I've paused with this for a bit while I think of how to navigate that.  I would never force someone to write out a scene they don't like; but I also don't want people to feel they have to skip through sections of the game. 

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on October 10, 2017, 04:40:49 AM
Oh, I perfectly understand the sexy nature of 'rape' in a CoC setting and not the more unpleasant realistic type, lol

What I mostly wanted to point out was the loss of the ability to choose when I want to write a sexy scene - usually it takes a little build up for me - simply being told my PC is under the effect aphrodisiacs or some lust-inducing environment doesn't actually get me in the mood to write anything sexual, it's the build up to the moment that does.  More or less, it is this loss of freedom to choose when I enter a sex scene that is the biggest obstacle.  So, to suddenly lose combat and be told 'you find yourself crumpled on the ground with your ass in the air and a big monster cock throbbing nearby', or similar, kind of has me with at an ambivalent 'Uh... okay?' mindset at best, to an apathetic 'Well I lost; do your thing' at worst.  Even more so if its with a creature/person that I don't find stimulating in a sexy way (case in point, tentacle beast).

I can't speak for others, but certainly for myself, I'd really like need the option of non-contribution (not necessarily non-involvement) in a non/dub-con scene that I'm not prepared to do.  My main interest is mainly in adventure, transformation, consensual sex, and the occasional pinch of non-con.

I think what is being said here, is that she would like the option of you, as the GM, simply narrating the rape scene with a spoiler box at the end that tells her what, if any, the long term effects of it were, much like the game. Meanwhile the rest of us are looking forward to being drugged, enchanted, or simply overwhelmed by erotic dancing until we can't help but take part.

Basically she wan't the option to opt out of helping to write the rape scenes but doesn't care if they happen regardless.

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: Saric on October 10, 2017, 12:52:41 PM

I think what is being said here, is that she would like the option of you, as the GM, simply narrating the rape scene with a spoiler box at the end that tells her what, if any, the long term effects of it were, much like the game. Meanwhile the rest of us are looking forward to being drugged, enchanted, or simply overwhelmed by erotic dancing until we can't help but take part.

Basically she wan't the option to opt out of helping to write the rape scenes but doesn't care if they happen regardless.
Ditto.

Blinkin

This brings up a question. Will the rest of us, who may find the erotic scenes interesting and fun to write have to cut such scenes out so that no one has to read them, or will everyone have to go through them to get to the next scene?

The real downside I see in opting out, and I don't blame or judge anyone who does opt out, is the loss of the opportunity to play a rescue from said horrors.

On a side note, Wendy doesn't mind girls getting dicks, but anything past a certain point isn't going to be getting into her bedroll. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Saric

Quote from: Blinkin on October 10, 2017, 04:12:33 PM
This brings up a question. Will the rest of us, who may find the erotic scenes interesting and fun to write have to cut such scenes out so that no one has to read them, or will everyone have to go through them to get to the next scene?

The real downside I see in opting out, and I don't blame or judge anyone who does opt out, is the loss of the opportunity to play a rescue from said horrors.

On a side note, Wendy doesn't mind girls getting dicks, but anything past a certain point isn't going to be getting into her bedroll. ;)

My recommendation is to make one post with a spoiler box and an outcome box, then put the pre-made rape scene in the spoiler box if they op out of writing it or start a side thread to write it out with everyone involved and put a link or a transcript in the spoiler box. Update the 'outcome' box as necessary with any transformations, additions, stat changes, etc. that deviate from the pre-made scenes results.

That way people can read the posts or not as they choose, we still get post count toward Big Game Status, and the basic format is the same between those who play out the scenes and those who don't. Thoughts?

Blinkin

Remember, you asked for thoughts. lol

I think that to sideline the main thread for scenes that a player or two may not wish to participate in is doing a bit of a disservice to the other players. Everyone knows going in that these scenes may take place, so it's a case of objecting to said content, but joining anyway. If the game was mainly non-sexual, going to a sidethread for those scenes would be one thing; it wouldn't interfere with the flow of the game and the majority of the group's desires are being met. Doing it for one or two players sensibilities, who are playing voluntarily with full knowledge... seems like an extra, unnecessary step. It would be easier to simply put the scene into spoilers on the main thread with the warning "Sexual Content Inside."

I want to be sure that everyone knows that I don't have a problem with anyone who doesn't want to participate in some of the potentially non-con scenes. I respect their decision and will do all I can to insure that they aren't drawn by anything that I do.I was just asking a question about how the scenes would be run under the circomstances.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

c0i9z

I would like to note that I would be happy with a wide variety of transformations and/or sex scenes, in whatever form that may end up taking.

Quezvax

I would like to note that I'm stepping a bit out of my comfort zone here, but I'm willing to try pretty much everything this has to offer.

I've played CoC a bit, and found that it expanded my tastes, even if just a little.
Kinks! Ideas!  A/A

c0i9z

I guess I might end up stepping out of my comfort zone in a few ways too, but that's fun too sometimes, and I think it's worth it.

Saric

Quote from: Blinkin on October 10, 2017, 05:34:05 PM
Remember, you asked for thoughts. lol

I think that to sideline the main thread for scenes that a player or two may not wish to participate in is doing a bit of a disservice to the other players. Everyone knows going in that these scenes may take place, so it's a case of objecting to said content, but joining anyway. If the game was mainly non-sexual, going to a sidethread for those scenes would be one thing; it wouldn't interfere with the flow of the game and the majority of the group's desires are being met. Doing it for one or two players sensibilities, who are playing voluntarily with full knowledge... seems like an extra, unnecessary step. It would be easier to simply put the scene into spoilers on the main thread with the warning "Sexual Content Inside."

I want to be sure that everyone knows that I don't have a problem with anyone who doesn't want to participate in some of the potentially non-con scenes. I respect their decision and will do all I can to insure that they aren't drawn by anything that I do.I was just asking a question about how the scenes would be run under the circumstances.

I have no idea what you're talking about...  I was suggesting playing out each sex scene in a side thread and then adding it back into the main thread in a spoilers box or as a link so it only takes up one post. You then talk about sidelining the main thread for side scenes, when I just suggested removing them from the main thread... I'm honestly not sure if you misunderstood my suggestion or if I'm misunderstanding your post, but so far it sounds like you telling me I'm wrong before suggesting what I just suggested. :P

Blinkin

Quote from: Saric on October 10, 2017, 07:28:25 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about...  I was suggesting playing out each sex scene in a side thread and then adding it back into the main thread in a spoilers box or as a link so it only takes up one post. You then talk about sidelining the main thread for side scenes, when I just suggested removing them from the main thread... I'm honestly not sure if you misunderstood my suggestion or if I'm misunderstanding your post, but so far it sounds like you telling me I'm wrong before suggesting what I just suggested. :P

Most likely a little of both of us misunderstanding the other. But, I wouldn't say you, or anyone is wrong.

As I understood it, the suggestion was to do the potentially objectionable scenes on a side thread, then link the thread into the main with a link. My suggestion was that it would be more straightforward to just put the potentially objectional material in spoilers on the main thread.  This way, if you want to read the potentially objectional material, it's there, if you don't, skip the spoiler part of the post.

Does that make any more sense? No one's wrong, it's just a different way of looking at it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Saric

Quote from: Blinkin on October 10, 2017, 08:24:33 PM
Most likely a little of both of us misunderstanding the other. But, I wouldn't say you, or anyone is wrong.

As I understood it, the suggestion was to do the potentially objectionable scenes on a side thread, then link the thread into the main with a link. My suggestion was that it would be more straightforward to just put the potentially objectional material in spoilers on the main thread.  This way, if you want to read the potentially objectional material, it's there, if you don't, skip the spoiler part of the post.

Does that make any more sense? No one's wrong, it's just a different way of looking at it.

I was saying to put a spoiler in the main thread regardless, just make it a pre-made rape scene if they don't want to take part, but one that anyone can read. But if they do want to play it out to do that in a side thread and just put a link to that thread or a transcript of what happened in the spoiler box in the main thread. That way the whole scene takes up one post in the main thread regardless of how it's resolved, but people can take their time playing it all out if they want without worrying about overshadowing the others.

Then have a second box with any transformations or stat changes or what have you so that people don't need to read through the whole post/side thread to find out what the long term effects were.

Naughty Miss Adventure

Just for the record, nothing in CoC actually squicks me out, lol.  My only concern is finding myself in a smut scene that I'm not prepared or uninspired to write (which is usually the case with spontaneous NC), which will probably cause me to stall or draw blanks in posting.

I don't want to complicate things for people (starting to feel like it has :-\) or bull my way in and force things to work in my favor; I just wanted to see about getting some options regarding the NC content since its posited there will be a lot - I'm perfectly happy to read them without problems and their actual presence won't ever disturb me.

eBadger

Great ideas and I think you stirred up a neat conversation, Naughty.  Also neat to see some people willing to stretch their experiences a bit!  Fantasy writing is a safe place to do things you wouldn't elsewhere, after all.

Blinkin, players would definitely not need to cut things out, as long as it didn't interfere with the flow of the game.  This would be an extreme game, in the appropriate forum, and Here Be Dragons, kids.   

So my thoughts on Content and Censorship:
-I would want to capture the tone of the game.  Adventurous, a little silly (cooter?), a lot playful and somewhat weird.  Erotic, but with a plot, characters, goals, a setting, and flow.  Violent, but not brutal, sometimes a bit unsettling but not disgusting.  I would cordially ask players to stick to that concept. 

-The game needs to move along.  I get that sometimes we want to spend 30 posts in an all-night binge of fuckery, but that's the sort of thing that destroys a game by driving out other players.  A decent and in-depth sex scene can be readily accomplished in 2-3 posts.  If it's longer than that, I think the best approach is to post everything game-related within that 2-3 post expectation, then ask your partner if they'd be willing to expand the scene in a separate, non-game thread (which, by all means, I'd love to see linked in our OOC chat - but not part of canon).  You can go in depth (pun intended), take all the time you want and spam away without delaying or cluttering the game itself. 

I'm still mentally slogging through the best way to approach the rest.  I suppose I see this game as a dub-con high fantasy adventure emphasizing mental and physical transformation with a dash of playfulness that will be utilizing the Pathfinder system

Contrast to, say, a dungeon crawl Pathfinder.  In a dungeon crawl, I might get bored by a certain hack and slash with a roomful of goblins, or carefully prodding a hallway for traps.  I might post a short, brief response to some of those, swing my sword, do a skill check, here's my roll and move along and that's totally fine from time to time.  But I wouldn't join a door kicker with the predetermined intention to skip over the combat with any monsters that aren't based on Norse legends. 

I get that not everything will hit everyone's buttons.  The only way it would is to ask players what surprises they want around each corner, and that obliterates the feel of the game.  I'm looking for players that, even if they aren't into the goo girl or mushroom monster or sentient cookware set can still see finding a way to be inventively erotic as a fun writing and role playing challenge.

So to try to more specifically address your questions, Naughty, if you're in a scene like that I'd say 1. try to think of a way to make it fun, 2. give feedback so I/other players have a chance to adjust things or give ideas, 3. zoom out and make a general post to keep things moving along.  'The randy cookware has it's way with me, with much spanking and a shocking waste of buttercream frosting.  After that I'm forced to scrub the copper pans to a high polish and sent back into the street wearing nothing but an apron and rubber gloves.'  Suggestive, fun, short, gets things moving to something else with roleplay potential. 

Does that make sense and help?

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 12:08:06 AM
A decent and in-depth sex scene can be readily accomplished in 2-3 posts.

I have to respectfully disagree on that point. With me personally, if I'm doing an in-depth, complex and emotional sex scene, it will last longer than 2 - 3 posts. I really like to get into my characters head and take my time, because getting it done in two posts seems rushed to me, like I'm not giving this the attention that it deserves, and I'm not exploring the changes of the character over time. EG, if we're doing Dub Con, one of the things I like to write is the characters slow realisation that they're enjoying it, the confusion that entails, and the conflict over whether to keep refusing because they don't want it...or whether to give in to the pleasure that it's providing. And I can't do that effectively over two or three posts, otherwise it gets cut short, or feels rushed. That being said,

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 12:08:06 AMIf it's longer than that, I think the best approach is to post everything game-related within that 2-3 post expectation, then ask your partner if they'd be willing to expand the scene in a separate, non-game thread (which, by all means, I'd love to see linked in our OOC chat - but not part of canon).  You can go in depth (pun intended), take all the time you want and spam away without delaying or cluttering the game itself. 

I do agree that The Plot Must Move On, but declaring "Oh hey, you HAVE to finish this scene in two posts, and everything you do external to that two posts is Non Canon?" That's...doing a disservice to the writers involved, since you're saying that what happens outside the main thread isn't going to be reflected by their characters. It makes them feel cheated, in a way, that they didn't get to enjoy it and have it impact the game.
Personally, what I would suggest is the following:

Once a player "loses," have the beginning of the Dub Con happen, then "Fade to black," as it were, and come back after the scene has taken place and the Victor has wandered off somewhere. Meanwhile, there's an In-Canon Side Thread for the people who want to expand on those scenes without bothering everybody else. Not only does that keep all of the posts for that stuff in one place, it also makes sure that the players feel like their writing is being kept "In Canon," AND it helps drive up the Post Numbers so we could possibly get a Board sooner.

Just declaring that the scenes HAVE to be done in two or three posts, and that any expanded scenes are Non Canon? I don't think that's the way to handle it, and I know that if I was told "I don't care, you have to be done in three posts," I would start losing enthusiasm for that aspect of the game entirely, simply because I would feel rushed, like people were tapping their feet in impatience with me to get finished. Just my two cents, but...that's how I would feel, personally, if I was told that I had to hurry up and finish the scene regardless of how much I might want to expand and explore it.

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 12:08:06 AMI get that not everything will hit everyone's buttons.  The only way it would is to ask players what surprises they want around each corner, and that obliterates the feel of the game.  I'm looking for players that, even if they aren't into the goo girl or mushroom monster or sentient cookware set can still see finding a way to be inventively erotic as a fun writing and role playing challenge.

Well...just ask each player to make a brief list of Ons / Offs, or design a kind of Questionnaire that says "Are you into X, Yes No?" That way, you know what each player likes and dislikes, and can plan surprises adequately. Since obviously, if you hit a player with one of their Hard Offs, you might lose that player because they're struggling to write through something they don't enjoy. :-)

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 12:08:06 AM'The randy cookware has it's way with me, with much spanking and a shocking waste of buttercream frosting.  After that I'm forced to scrub the copper pans to a high polish and sent back into the street wearing nothing but an apron and rubber gloves.'  Suggestive, fun, short, gets things moving to something else with roleplay potential. 

I would argue that the scenario you just described is FILLED with Roleplay Potential, and would be very fun to write. Especially if there were other people there watching. >.>

eBadger

Good points.  The "2-3 posts" is a guideline, not a hard limit.  Also keep in mind that's after a battle, several posts which should be half seduction and encompass that conflict to give in that you're mentioning (that's what reaching 0 hp is going to signify).  At an expected post rate of 2+ per week, that could easily be a month real time spent on one encounter.  So I'm not insensitive to your concern, but I do think that sacrificing a little in the short term to keep the game flowing, active and alive is a benefit in the long term.  It's also possible to continue the sexy time while moving the plot ahead, which is all I'd ask: you can keep playing naughty maid, just do it while you continue to explore. 

The non-canon thing is for two reasons.  First, if it's part of the game then the other players need to be aware of it...which goes back to making that casual player who doesn't have a lot of time read through your 30 posts of orgasmic bliss.  Second, the game is moving along while you create those posts, and I'm not going to put myself in the position of trying to retcon how you didn't actually show up back at camp to help fend off imps, but were in fact being gang banged in the town prison after a night of drunken exploits got you arrested.  It's necessary to maintain a functional game.  But if stuff can be worked in easily, sure, I'm not going to exclude background or world building.  Basically, if you and your partner plan out a decent outline of what you want to play through, you'll be fine. 

And yes, an enchanted kitchen may have to make an appearance now  ;)

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 01:21:00 AM
Good points.  The "2-3 posts" is a guideline, not a hard limit.  Also keep in mind that's after a battle, several posts which should be half seduction and encompass that conflict to give in that you're mentioning (that's what reaching 0 hp is going to signify).  At an expected post rate of 2+ per week, that could easily be a month real time spent on one encounter.  So I'm not insensitive to your concern, but I do think that sacrificing a little in the short term to keep the game flowing, active and alive is a benefit in the long term.  It's also possible to continue the sexy time while moving the plot ahead, which is all I'd ask: you can keep playing naughty maid, just do it while you continue to explore.

Oh, I'm not saying that it should stay in the "Main Thread," as it were, just that saying that it needs to be over quickly might alienate people who would prefer to take their time. Sure, we can do some big points of seduction and temptation, but at the end of the day, the sex should conclude when the writers involved are comfortable for it to end, rather than at an arbitrary time limit. If you've built up this seduction over four or five posts, and then the sex is done in two? I dunno, that risks feeling like an anti-climax (no pun intended). i think there are better ways of doing it, honestly, that keeps the pace going but doesn't make writers feel pressured to get it "over with," as it were.

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 01:21:00 AMFirst, if it's part of the game then the other players need to be aware of it...which goes back to making that casual player who doesn't have a lot of time read through your 30 posts of orgasmic bliss.

I strongly disagree. First, just because it's Canon doesn't mean that the other players HAVE to know it happened. If there's no reason why their character would know it, why would the player have to know it? And if their character was directly involved with the scene, they should be reading along anyway? I GM a fairly big game with a lot of small side scenes, and yeah I read the posts to make sure rules are being followed, but a lot of the players don't pay attention to scenes that they aren't part of because it doesn't impact them...and when that scene comes up elsewhere, they learn about it in character. Second, if that's truly a concern, just have the writers involved post a general summary in the OOC, like "Oh by the way, she wandered into the woods and got anally destroyed by a Dire Minotaur" or something. No need to read the posts, just get a cliffnotes. That way, the stuff stays In Canon and the writer feels like they've actually contributed something to their characters ongoing development, but people aren't forced to read through if they don't want to.

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 01:21:00 AMSecond, the game is moving along while you create those posts, and I'm not going to put myself in the position of trying to retcon how you didn't actually show up back at camp to help fend off imps, but were in fact being gang banged in the town prison after a night of drunken exploits got you arrested.

Well...no offence, but surely going off on a drunken bender and being gangbanged in the prison instead of being in the camp for the attack is the players choice, right? If they want to go off and do that and not be around for the Imps, you don't need to Retcon it...you just need to say something along the lines of "Anybody not in Camp has X time limit to get back there, and if you don't, you won't be in the scene at the start." Of course, they could always show up halfway through, and you work that in. But saying that the players HAVE to be where you want them to be kind of...removes player agency in a way, and you're stopping them from doing what they want to do. Because if you're gonna say "Well, all those side scenes? They're non canon." Why would the players do them in the first place? They're not contributing to the game, and they might as well go off and play One On Ones where they don't get excluded from Canon for not being where the action is. You give 'em some warning, and if they don't listen, well...they're not involved. And then they come back later and find everybody covered in Imp blood and cum and they're like "...the fuck happened here?!"

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 01:21:00 AMBut if stuff can be worked in easily, sure, I'm not going to exclude background or world building.  Basically, if you and your partner plan out a decent outline of what you want to play through, you'll be fine.

Well, true, they'd need to come up with a decent framework for what they want, but that's just obvious. I think the bigger concern here is how much you, as a GM, will be writing these Seduction and Dub Con scenes? And if you are, what shape will they take, and where will they be? Will you have no interest in writing scenes longer than 2-3 posts? Because a fair amount of players might actively be wanting to savour the Non Con Scenes with the Monsters, in which case, will they still be considered Non Canon? I mean, if Character X has fought and lost against an Orc, and the Orc has dragged her behind a tree to rape her, you'd expect that to take some time. It wouldn't make sense for the Orc to rape her, and the character to be involved in the fight that happens five minutes after she's been dragged off, because she's been dragged off and is no longer there, no?

I just...think that trying to control how long people spend on each scene is the wrong way to go about it, because you risk rushing people through what they're enjoying, and that means that they might lose interest in the game altogether.

Saric

I just feel the need to say that I agree with Vergil on basically all points for the last two massive posts running. Especially when it comes to whether other players need to read every canon scene whether or not their there.

Naughty Miss Adventure

For myself, I'm perfectly happy with smut that finishes in 3-4 posts as opposed to one that drags on forever.

That said, I think the point ebadger is trying to make is that one person gets dragged into a smut scene that lasts 10 minutes in game at most, but in reality may take some days for someone who wants to play it to the hilt, so the rest of the players need to skip ahead back to camp rather than wait for those (actual) days to elapse - which leaves the smut writing player (potentially the GM as well) having to multitask between having the character back at camp whilst still doing their thing in the past timeline, which leaves the possibility that the end result of the smut may not match with what happens with the group.

I think.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on October 11, 2017, 02:55:58 AM
For myself, I'm perfectly happy with smut that finishes in 3-4 posts as opposed to one that drags on forever.

And that's fine! Nobody is forcing you to go into smut that takes longer than you'd like. I'm more thinking from the perspective of people who don't want Smut to be over that quickly; it's why One Rule For Everybody in this situation is going to upset SOMEBODY. So it should really be down to the individual players, and they shouldn't be "Penalised" for their decision over what they want to play.

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on October 11, 2017, 02:55:58 AMThat said, I think the point ebadger is trying to make is that one person gets dragged into a smut scene that lasts 10 minutes in game at most, but in reality may take some days for someone who wants to play it to the hilt, so the rest of the players need to skip ahead back to camp rather than wait for those (actual) days to elapse - which leaves the smut writing player (potentially the GM as well) having to multitask between having the character back at camp whilst still doing their thing in the past timeline, which leaves the possibility that the end result of the smut may not match with what happens with the group.

I think.

That can just be solved by having the Smut Scene in a side thread, and having the character pop up in-game after the sex would have finished, whilst they keep playing the Smut Scene in the other thread. You can write in two threads at once, after all, so long as you don't Paradox yourself. :P

eBadger

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on October 11, 2017, 02:02:53 AMOh, I'm not saying that it should stay in the "Main Thread," as it were, just that saying that it needs to be over quickly might alienate people who would prefer to take their time. Sure, we can do some big points of seduction and temptation, but at the end of the day, the sex should conclude when the writers involved are comfortable for it to end, rather than at an arbitrary time limit.

I'm only concerned about the 'main thread' here, and for that I disagree.  If we want to linger a bit longer on the sex I'm willing to discuss it; I do keep emphasizing that it's not a strict limit.  But it's not fair or healthy for one or two players to hold up an entire game, and the limit on how long they can do so will be somewhat arbitrary (although I prefer the term 'based on my experience'). 

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on October 11, 2017, 02:02:53 AMI strongly disagree. First, just because it's Canon doesn't mean that the other players HAVE to know it happened. If there's no reason why their character would know it, why would the player have to know it?

Sure, if you agree that anything that takes place in those side threads won't involve other players in any way unless/until it comes up in the main thread.  Which is functionally the exact same effect as saying side threads aren't canon. 

Or is there some situation in your side smut thread that would absolutely have to create an impact on the reality of the main thread?

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on October 11, 2017, 02:02:53 AMSecond, if that's truly a concern, just have the writers involved post a general summary in the OOC, like "Oh by the way, she wandered into the woods and got anally destroyed by a Dire Minotaur" or something. No need to read the posts, just get a cliffnotes. That way, the stuff stays In Canon and the writer feels like they've actually contributed something to their characters ongoing development, but people aren't forced to read through if they don't want to.

Switch "OOC" to "main thread" and I think that's exactly what I'm saying. 

Post that line in the game.  It is canon.  You and your partner create a side thread to describe your anal destruction over plentiful posts with no time limit.  In the meanwhile, the game goes on. 

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on October 11, 2017, 02:02:53 AMWell...no offence, but surely going off on a drunken bender and being gangbanged in the prison instead of being in the camp for the attack is the players choice, right?

This isn't about giving the player a choice; this is about the player deciding to do something different after the game has already moved past their choice.  "Retroactive continuity"

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on October 11, 2017, 02:02:53 AMIf they want to go off and do that and not be around for the Imps, you don't need to Retcon it...you just need to say something along the lines of "Anybody not in Camp has X time limit to get back there, and if you don't, you won't be in the scene at the start."

That would be the arbitrary time limit you mentioned earlier. 

And again...if a couple players wanted to keep going with their jail sex scene after posting to be around for those imps, what's your answer?  Tell them they can't?  Do you delay everyone else?  Try to retcon?  Or decide that if they try to drop a game changing event, you'll just ignore it?

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on October 11, 2017, 02:02:53 AMhow much you, as a GM, will be writing these Seduction and Dub Con scenes? And if you are, what shape will they take, and where will they be?

Still somewhat TBD, but my preference would be a mix of doing some myself and tasking out NPC's to players based on interest, particularly to players with characters that aren't very active at the moment. 

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on October 11, 2017, 02:55:58 AM

That said, I think the point ebadger is trying to make is that one person gets dragged into a smut scene that lasts 10 minutes in game at most, but in reality may take some days for someone who wants to play it to the hilt, so the rest of the players need to skip ahead back to camp rather than wait for those (actual) days to elapse - which leaves the smut writing player (potentially the GM as well) having to multitask between having the character back at camp whilst still doing their thing in the past timeline, which leaves the possibility that the end result of the smut may not match with what happens with the group.

I think.

Yes.  If you take three months of real time to write out your minotaur sex, that means the rest of the group needs to either wait three months to continue with the next scene, or we'd have three months worth of the main game thread that doesn't take into account how your minotaur sex ended. 

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on October 11, 2017, 03:08:42 AM
You can write in two threads at once, after all, so long as you don't Paradox yourself. :P

Except so often, people do. 

Summary: I'm familiar with the style you're describing.  It works well for very large games filled with disparate threads, where characters are all doing their own thing.  Creating some correlation of real time and game time is the only way to keep things moving forward in unison. 

In a smaller group game, in which the characters are expected to be more cohesive, my experience is that it leads to a few active players spamming walls of description of minutiae while other players are intimidated and drop out. 

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 03:47:29 AM
I'm only concerned about the 'main thread' here, and for that I disagree.  If we want to linger a bit longer on the sex I'm willing to discuss it; I do keep emphasizing that it's not a strict limit.  But it's not fair or healthy for one or two players to hold up an entire game, and the limit on how long they can do so will be somewhat arbitrary (although I prefer the term 'based on my experience'). 

Which is why I'm saying create a side thread or something. I agree with you that the sex shouldn't hold up the main plot, just advocating that people should have the option of expanding the sex scene without feeling penalised in some way.

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 03:47:29 AMSure, if you agree that anything that takes place in those side threads won't involve other players in any way unless/until it comes up in the main thread.  Which is functionally the exact same effect as saying side threads aren't canon. 

Except it isn't. If you, as the GM, state that anything that happens outside the Main Thread is Non-Canon, then that disallows the players from mentioning what happened in that scene. It means that what happened in that scene cannot be referenced in the main thread, and it isn't allowed to impact other players because - by declaring it Non-Canon - you've stated that it didn't actually happen.
By saying that it's Canon, you're allowing for things that players did in side threads to come in and influence the group and the dynamic at later dates, and letting the players feel like their interpersonal drama and side adventures are actually helping to shape the narrative, which then helps them get invested. Saying that something is Canon and the other players don't know about it yet is very different to saying that it didn't happen and that it's an Alternate Universe of a Dream or something.

And hey, yeah, things that happen in that scene are sometimes going to have repercussions that impact the other players, because that's what happens in a group of people. Decisions that the other people don't know were made come back to influence future events. That's just a reality of interpersonal connections and drama, right? Sure, those players aren't DIRECTLY involved, but the repercussions of that scene will probably be relevant later on, if the players behave in a way that brings it up.

Functionally speaking, there is almost certainly a difference between the players not knowing and the thing never having happened in the first place. For one, if you say that those scenes are Non Canon, then anything that happened in that scene...never gets brought up again and has NO chance of influencing peoples interactions and future events. In which case...why bother writing the side scene at all?

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 03:47:29 AMOr is there some situation in your side smut thread that would absolutely have to create an impact on the reality of the main thread?

I dunno. Maybe, maybe not. But leaving the option open means that even if it doesn't, people feel like it COULD. EG, something completely unexpected happens in that side scene and, say, one character confesses something personal to another one, bringing them closer. If that scene isn't Canon, then they aren't allowed to act as if it did happen, because by your decree, it didn't. And that influences both characters going forwards.

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 03:47:29 AMPost that line in the game.  It is canon.  You and your partner create a side thread to describe your anal destruction over plentiful posts with no time limit.  In the meanwhile, the game goes on. 

That's all I'm saying. That people should be allowed to do that, HOWEVER, I'm suggesting that you make a specific thread for it, so everybody knows where it is, where it gets posted, and you have a handy dandy link so you can count how many posts have been made.
Besides, there IS the small matter of a Small Group only being allowed something like...what was it, two threads per player? If we create a new thread per scene, we will run out of thread allotment. Having one or two threads set aside specifically for that purpose stops that from happening.

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 03:47:29 AMThis isn't about giving the player a choice; this is about the player deciding to do something different after the game has already moved past their choice.  "Retroactive continuity"

That would be the arbitrary time limit you mentioned earlier. 

And again...if a couple players wanted to keep going with their jail sex scene after posting to be around for those imps, what's your answer?  Tell them they can't?  Do you delay everyone else?  Try to retcon?  Or decide that if they try to drop a game changing event, you'll just ignore it?

Tell them that the scene isn't happening "in this world."
See, there's a difference between individually saying "This scene paradoxes, therefore it's non canon now post in the main thread you dumbdumb" and "All side scenes are non canon," which is what you said above when you stated that

Quote"ask your partner if they'd be willing to expand the scene in a separate, non-game thread (which, by all means, I'd love to see linked in our OOC chat - but not part of canon)."

I'm simply arguing against making all sexytime outside of the Main Thread Non-Canon.

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 03:47:29 AMExcept so often, people do. 

And as a GM, it's your job to make sure that they aren't. Believe me, I know it's a bit of a pain, but generally speaking (in my experience) so long as people know the guidelines and generally what's going on in the main thread...they tend to be able to avoid it, if with a few edits here and there.

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 03:47:29 AMSummary: I'm familiar with the style you're describing.  It works well for very large games filled with disparate threads, where characters are all doing their own thing.  Creating some correlation of real time and game time is the only way to keep things moving forward in unison. 

In a smaller group game, in which the characters are expected to be more cohesive, my experience is that it leads to a few active players spamming walls of description of minutiae while other players are intimidated and drop out. 

Which is exactly why I'm advocating a separate side thread, that is a unified thread rather than hundreds of disparate one-shot threads. Compiling the links and counting the posts and checking the appropriateness of the posts alone would be a nightmare. At least with one unified thread (maybe two, depending on how many people are posting at once and how quickly), you have it all in one place.

Blinkin

I'm starting to feel like this is going to be that railroad situation without any stops along the line. Part of why I roleplay is to develop and enjoy my character, but if there's a limit on what can be explored via a limit to scene posts... You are railroading the story.

Admittedly, there should be a point in each scene so that it doesn't get bogged down, but there needs to be enough time spent on the scene to make it worth writing in the first place. If the net result of a scene is, "I get fucked by 5 ogres and staggered back to the campfire" Where is the opportunity for character interaction, development, or even enjoyment in playing the scene. I can write a sex scene in 1 post, but that's cutting my partner out of it, unless I'm godmodding said character.It'll be the same result in 2 post. Then, as it's already been pointed out, if a side thread doesn't matter or impact the game, why bother in the first place?

I'm just thinking that there's a middle ground that isn't being considered, although in my current mental state, I can't think of it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

eBadger

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on October 11, 2017, 04:12:37 AM
If you, as the GM, state that anything that happens outside the Main Thread is Non-Canon, then that disallows the players from mentioning what happened in that scene. It means that what happened in that scene cannot be referenced in the main thread, and it isn't allowed to impact other players because - by declaring it Non-Canon - you've stated that it didn't actually happen.
By saying that it's Canon, you're allowing for things that players did in side threads to come in and influence the group and the dynamic at later dates, and letting the players feel like their interpersonal drama and side adventures are actually helping to shape the narrative, which then helps them get invested. Saying that something is Canon and the other players don't know about it yet is very different to saying that it didn't happen and that it's an Alternate Universe of a Dream or something.

I think you're drastically misinterpreting my "You're free to make side threads but I'm not going to deal with them" as not allowing things from side threads to ever be introduced into the game.  I'm always happy to see players expand on their characters as we move along, whether that comes from a side thread or not. 

The rest seems to just boil down to not forcing everyone to read it to make sense of the game and dealing with paradoxes, which we seem to agree on.

As to railroading, I admit to being rather floored by this entire issue.  I've never been in a group game where there wasn't, at some point, an expectation that players would wrap things up and move along.  It's rare to have a good game where a couple players monopolize the main thread with spam.  Some limitations are hardly unique to this game or my gming. 

Once again, this isn't a hard limit.  If everyone's involved and want to stay on a scene I'm more than happy to do so. 

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 10:30:28 AM
I think you're drastically misinterpreting my "You're free to make side threads but I'm not going to deal with them" as not allowing things from side threads to ever be introduced into the game.  I'm always happy to see players expand on their characters as we move along, whether that comes from a side thread or not. 

If I've misunderstood your position, then I apologise. But in my defence, I only had what you said to go off of, and the term "Non-Canon" has a specific meaning and connotations. I wasn't the first person to use that term, you were. I was just saying that declaring everything that happens in that side scene as "Non Canon" restricts peoples freedom to develop their characters and contribute to the world, and obviously I'm not the only person who took that as the meaning of what you said.

Again, if that's not what you were saying then I'm sorry.

Quote from: eBadger on October 11, 2017, 10:30:28 AMAs to railroading, I admit to being rather floored by this entire issue.  I've never been in a group game where there wasn't, at some point, an expectation that players would wrap things up and move along.  It's rare to have a good game where a couple players monopolize the main thread with spam.  Some limitations are hardly unique to this game or my gming.

I think the problem largely stems from the presentation of these limitations. In my perception, anyway, you haven't been entirely clear on what these limitations would be, how they would be enforced and how the game would be set up to move along nicely and yet give players the freedom to explore in their own way. For me, anyway, it's caused a decent amount of confusion because I'm still largely in the dark as to how the format of this game would actually take shape. But then, that might just be me. I've been known to be a little slow on the uptake on occasion. >.> I just want to make sure that if I go and write a side scene, that it won't be pointless. I also need to make sure I understand the expectations and rules going in, so I don't end up disappointed if what I want from the game isn't what is being offered, y'know?

eBadger

I meant canon in the sense of "an accurate and established part of the work".  Put another way: assume no one else has read your side thread; if something has bearing on the game, it needs to be mentioned in the game.  Also, if your personal thread conflicts with the game then the game wins. 

I'm not understanding at all where the assumption is coming from that players couldn't introduce their own ideas, material, background, or characterization, whether they've written a side thread about it or not. 

Again, I think it would help me greatly if you could provide a hypothetical situation where your freedom to develop your character is being restricted and I could give you a more specific response. 

I assume you mean limitations on posting?  My guidelines in a game are an expectation of 2+ posts per week (that seems very achievable for a casual player, and IMHO is about the low end for keeping a game moving forward fast enough to be interesting); I ask that players refrain from an excessive number of posts before either everyone else has posted, or 3-4 days have passed (I have been the player who logs on to find out the entire scene has been played through by the super active 60% and I never had a chance to contribute, which led to the question of why I was in the game, which led to leaving the game.  This guideline means that if everyone is on and posting, a game can go through a ton of action in a short period; but if someone has a couple busy days then they don't have to fear being left behind, or struggle through an intimidating wall of posts before they can write); I expect politeness between players,  a metagame effort to move the plot forward and keep the group reasonably cohesive; and the usual things about godmoding and other bad behaviors.  In a game like this I would expect and encourage some time for smut, but would politely ask the players to keep it to a reasonable duration in real time and quantity of spam so the delay doesn't become excessive or distracting. 

You can also check out my Aveline game.  Non smutty and I'd slightly tweak a few things, but the concepts are all there:
Rules
Game Play
OOC

eBadger

You're also welcome to look over my original CoC game, although as I mentioned before that game ran into a few issues (first, trying out a system new to all of us was pure hell, and second, I started the game with a "you are captured and won't be able to escape until next chapter, role play through that" situation that a couple players just weren't able to adjust to). 

QuoteRules:

I expect two posts per week.  Please post even if your character isn't taking an action.  I'd prefer a couple paragraphs, but just a simple "Moloch continues to stare off into the red sky, unaware of the bloody skirmish occurring silently behind him" means that I can update without fear of skipping you. 

Please limit sex to 2-3 posts.  This is smut, but it's also a story.  If you want more, by all means create your own thread for it but let the game continue. 

I am not here to prod you constantly.  If you don't post, I will skip you after a reasonable delay; this might mean your character does nothing or is NPC'd.  A significant delay will result in dropping you, with a potentially sticky end. 

I will give some warning before moving on to a new chapter.  When I do, please bring things to a resolution (I will leave the thread open if anyone wants to keep going simultaneously to the next chapter, but I won't be posting there and may not pay any attention to further posts). 

No PVP without the other player's consent.  No god moding.  No violating others' O/O's.  Be respectful.  Generally, just be awesome to one another.   

I consider plot more important than rules.  I will sometimes streamline, hand wave, and so on.  Accept that it will all be in the interest of getting on to better and funner stuff.  I'm open to feedback or help pointing out a rule, but do it politely. 

All player dice rolls should be done on E's dicebot.

A header format will be provided; please use it!  I encourage bold or colored text for speech; please no glow text, I find it very hard to read. 

Also, sheesh but I was in a long post phase back then. 

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: eBadger on October 12, 2017, 01:39:35 AM
I'm not understanding at all where the assumption is coming from that players couldn't introduce their own ideas, material, background, or characterization, whether they've written a side thread about it or not.

Again, I think it would help me greatly if you could provide a hypothetical situation where your freedom to develop your character is being restricted and I could give you a more specific response. 

I don't think that's necessary. I was simply confused by your assertion that the side scenes would be "non-Canon," since that term has a specific meaning. I understand now that you were using it in a different way, but that wasn't clear until we had this discussion. As it stands, I believe I understand the position better in that the scenes WOULD be "Canon" so long as they don't conflict with or contradict what has been established in the Main Thread. However, I'm still not certain how you would police the "Limit" on Sex Scenes. How precisely would you expect these scenes to progress to a natural conclusion before the writers were necessarily ready to end it, and yet be continued elsewhere? Would the writers of said scene just say in the main thread "And then they fucked and wandered over ten minutes later," and open up a side scene where they expand on it? In which case, why not just make the Main Thread a Non-Smut Zone and have a specific thread for the Smut?

I think what I'm really unclear on at the moment is how precisely the smut will work, split over several threads. Can you give me an example of how the scene would be set up in a way that both resolves the sex in two or three posts, and yet leaves it open for an extended version of said scene to be played out elsewhere and yet still be consistent with what happened in the main thread?

Blinkin

I think that I understand things a little better, although I would prefer that a sparticular side thread be set aside for the smut and a little flexibility in the time/space continuum... however you spell it in the side thread. I'd agree that if a scene in the side thread runs too long, that there be a relative effect on the main thread, but for scenes that takes a few minutes, realistically, that it not have to mean that someone is left out of the action. As an example, Character A and Character B walks a few yards away from camp for a more private conversation...

The conversation may take as little as a minute, or perhaps as long as 10 minutes. Unless you intend that something happen every time the characters take a deep breath, this really doesn't effect the games time line. If you're going off to get gang-banged, then there's a question of whether that character is actually in a place to act in the game thread... but smut scenes, even for a futa, only last so long and if someone insist on doing a porn level 30 minutes of constant fucking, can be slipped into the "dead" moments that occur... If the characters are trying for a porn level 30 minutes... time passes.

I know that didn't make any sense at all, but...

On rules. I would ask that my own unbreakable rules be considered, as they will result in my disappearance very quickly.

1. No character will cause the death of another character, through action or inaction. This means that if a character attacks another character with the intent to cause serious injury or death, I'm gone.
2. No character shall steal from a companion character. This includes the profit at the expense of another character's misfortune. IE: You don't turn in a character for a reward.
3. No character will willingly betray his/her fellow party members via the passage of information to an opponent or aiding an oppoenent in combat.

These aren't particularly odifficult reqest to live with, but I've seen good, solid gaming groups fall apart because someone just had to violate one of them and the players object to the action. I've seen players scheme to turn parties in for a reward with the intention of "breaking them out" later and didn't bother to tell anyone that was the plan. I've seen players put their characters into positions that the only result would have to be a character's death and I've seen really, really bad feelings over inner-party theft for no better reason than, "It's what the alignment would do."

Anyway, I would request that these be included in the game's rules. I have a very, very hard time playing with people who like doing these things.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

eBadger

I think those would all fall under no pvp without consent, pretty basic expectations, yeah.  Those experiences sound terrible! 

And I'll bite, Vergil.  What's your definition of canon?

Vergil Tanner

My definition of Canon is simply how it's used in relation to fiction as a whole by every author I've ever heard use the term. That is, "Something that is accepted as being officially part of the universe as something that happened or is accurate to events." EG, Star Wars; Revenge Of The Sith is Canon within the Star Wars Universe, but my Fanfic of Jar Jar being brutally murdered is Non-Canon. That is, not part of the official universe.

When you say that something is "Non-Canon," you are - by definition of the word in context - saying that it didn't happen in-universe and that its occurrence should be ignored because it didn't happen. Saying that a scene done outside the Main Thread is Non Canon is basically saying to those players "You can do what you want in that thread, because none of it actually happened in the main continuity of the game."

At least, that's how I interpreted it because that's what I understand the term to mean.

eBadger

Hmm.  Same definition, imho, I think you're just conflating 'unofficial' with 'didn't happen'.  Just because fan fiction isn't canon doesn't mean it couldn't happen, or influence a continuation, or be developed into an official supplement. 

Vergil Tanner

That's what non-canon means, though; not recognised as having happened within the story. It's a dichotomy. Something can't be Non-Canon and yet happen within that universe. As soon as it's acknowledged as having happened within the universe, it becomes Canon. That's what Disney did when they declared most of the Expanded Star Wars Universe Non-Canon; they said that beyond a few select titles, it never happened.
Non-Canon isn't "Unofficial." Canon means "part of the official universe," and Non-Canon means "Not a part of the official universe." If the Side Threads are acknowledged as having occurred in the CoCRP Universe, then they are Canon by definition. If they are dubbed non-canon, then they did not happen within the CoCRP.
Yes, Fanfiction COULD happen, but by being labelled non-canon, the people in charge of what has happened in that universe have said "This did not happen in the official timeline."

And my point was just that saying that all side threads are non-canon tells people that nothing they do outside the Main Thread will be included in the "official timeline," which will discourage them from doing those threads in the first place because there's no point to them, since it won't affect the rest of the game. I understand what you mean now, of course, but I still maintain that you shouldn't use terms like "Non-Canon" because it gives people the wrong impression, because that word is used to refer to a specific thing.

eBadger

I think removing something from canon is more about the verb than the noun.

If I wrote a fan fic about Elsa brushing her teeth, it wouldn't be canon; that wouldn't imply Elsa never brushed her teeth, nor would ever do so in a future sequel.  Anyhow, semantics, but was curious. 

Vergil Tanner

No, but then there's a difference in contexts. Brushing her teeth? Yeah, that's something that happens every day and could feasibly be in-canon. However, somebody being gangbanged by the guards and staggering back into camp three hours later? If you've said that's non-canon, then it didn't happen by definition of the word. See, the difference there is that nobody said the teeth brushing was Non Canon, but you specifically said that this scene on the side would be. And that's what I had an issue with; you were giving the impression that it wouldn't be considered part of the timeline of the game, so what would be the point exploring side scenes at al?

Saric

Quote from: eBadger on October 12, 2017, 09:47:13 PM
Hmm.  Same definition, imho, I think you're just conflating 'unofficial' with 'didn't happen'.  Just because fan fiction isn't canon doesn't mean it couldn't happen, or influence a continuation, or be developed into an official supplement.

There seems to be some confusion here so I thought I'd clear it up. And event that is 'Canon' happened, an event that is 'Non-Canon' didn't happen, an event that is 'unconfirmed' or 'unofficial' may have happened and in the case of 'everyday events' a scene may be 'Non-Canon' but the behavior isn't necessarily (e.g. brushing teeth). As gangbangs are not considered 'everyday events', even if they happen every day, declaring a scene to be Non-Canon also declares the event to have not happened.

This has been your Public Service Announcement.

eBadger

Clear as mud.  Has only made more apparent your struggle to find a term for something which is not canon, but is still unconfirmed or may have happened, as opposed to the limited definition you're placing on non-canon as things which specifically did not happen. 

The wiki introduces a terrific example of James T. Kirk's middle name.  It was never stated in the original series.  "Tiberius" was introduced in the animated series - which is non- canon.  But the name was later picked up in the movies and shows, and is currently canon.  Non-canon there doesn't mean it could never have possibly happened, it simply means that it wasn't part of the official story - until it was.  That couldn't happen for conflicting events, thus your interpretation (for instance, if the show had listed Kirk's middle name as Teddy) but doesn't have such implications for non-conflicts and doesn't mean that canon couldn't be switched in the future.

Non-canon simply means "not canon," which doesn't mean specifically refuted any more than being "non-blue" means something is red. 

And if you're going to really split these hairs of definition, my original statement was "not part of canon", which is even more broad. 

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: eBadger on October 15, 2017, 02:08:16 PM
Clear as mud.  Has only made more apparent your struggle to find a term for something which is not canon, but is still unconfirmed or may have happened, as opposed to the limited definition you're placing on non-canon as things which specifically did not happen. 

The limited definition we're using for "Non-Canon" is the definition. I can appreciate that you meant something different, but you used the wrong term, because the term you used has a specific definition.

Quote from: eBadger on October 15, 2017, 02:08:16 PMThe wiki introduces a terrific example of James T. Kirk's middle name.  It was never stated in the original series.  "Tiberius" was introduced in the animated series - which is non- canon.  But the name was later picked up in the movies and shows, and is currently canon.  Non-canon there doesn't mean it could never have possibly happened, it simply means that it wasn't part of the official story - until it was.  That couldn't happen for conflicting events, thus your interpretation (for instance, if the show had listed Kirk's middle name as Teddy) but doesn't have such implications for non-conflicts and doesn't mean that canon couldn't be switched in the future.

Yes, Non Canon can be made Canon later on by the showrunners or the authors of the universe. So? Your decision that any Side Scenes that are made are not part of canon means that unless you decide to retroactively say "Yeah that happened," the players have to act as if it didn't happen...which, from their perspective, makes writing the scene kind of pointless because it won't contribute anything for their characters going forwards because unless told specifically that their scene is Canon, they have to act as if they're not.

Quote from: eBadger on October 15, 2017, 02:08:16 PMNon-canon simply means "not canon," which doesn't mean specifically refuted any more than being "non-blue" means something is red. 

That's a bad analogy.
See, "Not Blue" and "Red" are not opposites. "Non Canon" or "Not part of Canon" and "Canon" or "Part of Canon" ARE opposites. "Part of Canon" and "Not part of Canon" is a dichotomy, because they can't be both and there's nothing in between. It's one or the other. It isn't "Non red and blue." It's "Red and Not Red," because those terms ARE opposite.

Quote from: eBadger on October 15, 2017, 02:08:16 PMAnd if you're going to really split these hairs of definition, my original statement was "not part of canon", which is even more broad. 

No it isn't. First off, when I said "non-canon," you didn't clear up that you didn't say Non Canon, you agreed that that's what you meant.
Second, saying "Not part of canon" is literally the definition of Non Canon, so you just used a synonym that means the same thing.

I can appreciate that you didn't mean "It never happened," but that's the impression your choice of words gave off because you used the wrong terminology. And the fact that you've had three different people tell you that in this thread tells me that it wasn't just me who got that initial impression.

Blinkin

You know, this back and forth is really killing any interest in this game simply because both of you seem to have to get the last word after it's been fairly settled what the GM meant by the term, regardless of the Webster's dictionary... or whatever definition is being referenced's meaning.

EBadger, if you want to run, I'll play, but this now pointless "discussion" is getting old fast and I would ask one of you be strong enough to let it go.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

eBadger

I think it's been an interesting and respectful conversation, but yes, it has also reminded me why I stopped gming games on E.  I updated awhile back that I'm passing on this one for the foreseeable future and decided to pitch a learn to play Pathfinder tutorial/game. 

As to the canon conversation, I don't think it's about being strong enough to walk away for either of us although it has become unproductively circular.

Vergil Tanner

I don't think it's about not being "Strong Enough" either. I certainly wasn't attempting to get the last word in, I was simply attempting to make clear why I interpreted the wording in the way I did.

But I do have to agree as well that the discussion has kind of devolved into pointlessness, so perhaps we should have stopped earlier. >.>

c0i9z

I'm very sorry that this game will not come to be. If you ever feel tempted to try again, I will certainly try to join once more.

eBadger

Thanks coi, may happen at some point but I think a tweaked system and incorporating noncon smut is just a bit too much to bite off for now.