Wheel of Time d20 system game [Recruitment open, 3/5-7 spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, August 31, 2011, 04:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aybara

TheVongola10th

Muse

Okay, Ren is ready except for the Ta'veren destiny things. 

Which ones are taken? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheVongola10th on October 28, 2011, 11:09:41 AM
yay so it starts soon? :P

Starts now; OOC Thread, IC Thread, Charsheet thread

Feel free pick any three destinies Muse, stacking over with destinies do not hurt so long the three destinies form a theme. I recall one had luck, battle and death (meaning his presence creates big battles which causes lots of death and he survives by narrow pinch of luck).

Aybara

If it's me you are talking about I thought it was death, luck and sorrow but he is an armsman so sorrow will often take the form of battle.

Zaer Darkwail

*bump*

I have lost some players and I need new ones. 2 are regular posters (a Two River man who is Ta'veren), Intitiate (Aes Sedai accepted) and another Two River man/boy who is Ta'veren also.

So spots what I want to fill is one regular posting Two River origin based male char who is Ta'veren. Then two to three outsiders who get benefit to start as 5th level chars (any char from two River starts as 1st level char).

Sahariel

Hi, I would like to offer my services. I have read the books, all the way through The Path of Daggers and I love the series, I am currently reading Winter's Heart. Are there any strictures on creating the Two River Ta'verens?

I am reading the thread in its entirety, I also have a lot of experience with D20. Fifth level?

OldSchoolGamer

Is the system used in this game public domain?  If so, where can I view it?

Zaer Darkwail

I am not sure is anywhere wheel of time RPG rules in any public domain. Only public what I found are the links in first page regarding char creation.

Anyways Ta'veren start as first level chars, anyone else who could have wounded up in Two River starts fifth level.

If you want create char by hand held manner you can PM to Aybara.

Sahariel

Hey guys,

So I am wrapping up my sheet and I have some tentative info and a question.

Name: Bran Al’sain
Class: First Level Wilder.
Ta'veren Aspects: Glory, Madness, Death

Do these aspects work? I mean are they sufficiently different from the aspects the other two ta'veren have selected?

Thanks guys =) Sahariel

Aybara

Welcome aboard Sahariel, that is if Zaer approves your character, my ta'veren Daniel al'Forel was Death, Luck and Sorrow so I don't think there is a huge overlap.

OSG if you use the links Zaer has provided it'll give you a fair idea but failing that on any parts you are confused in you can PM me as I am lucky enough to have a physical copy of the book.

Zaer Darkwail

I approve the char, interesting. I would like know how he manifested his powers or are they dormant phase atm?

OldSchoolGamer

Here's my character concept: an early middle-aged female merchant.  She's one of those people who can get it for you, whatever "it" happens to be: an exotic herb, a rare book, a trinket or bauble, and of course more common sundries for everyone from farmwives to adventurers.  At a significant mark-up, of course, because she's not in this as a public service.

She came from a hardscrabble, peasant background, so she's no soft, supple aristocrat.  She's quite handy with a bow, and can hold her own in a brawl and with a knife, too.  She has friends in low places as well as moderately high, having earned the respect of local merchants guilds...as well as thieves' guilds.  She has a reputation for reliability: her word, once given in a matter of business and profession, is her bond.  This is not to say she is incapable of telling a lie, or not telling the whole truth, but if she says she will do something in the course of her business, it gets done, even at substantial risk and cost to her.  In a world of non-performers, grifters, bullshitters and confidence men, that alone is worth much.

She has a shop, but she also caravans in the summer, buying and selling in places along key trade routes.  She is as much at home on the road as she is in her shop in Baerlon. 

I figure there are plenty of potential plot hooks in this background.  Someone in her profession is certainly privy to the news of the world.  And who knows what exotic items might somehow come into her possession--like a long-lost angreal, for instance--and who may also seek those items.

As far as sexuality, she will be heterosexual.  She's been around the block, so pretty much any sexual situation she ends up in is fine with me.

Sahariel

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I think they would only manifest when he is afraid . . . at least at this point.

Aybara

Sahariel I don't think Zaer meant does he have a block as male wilders in the system don't have one. Zaer might (or it might be me who is making false assumptions) be asking how did his powers first manifest? Have they yet to manifest? Does he know he is using them?

For example in the book Rand has been using his abilities for a while by the sounds of it just not often and not on a conscious level. Lightning hitting a tree he had been trying to cut down, removing fatigue from Egwene's  horse. Or did you mean you're RPing him with a block or at least an inhibition against using his powers?

Muse

The way I read the system, Aybara, male wilders still have the block, but they have the option of using a first level feat to get rid of it. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on January 03, 2012, 01:47:47 AM
The way I read the system, Aybara, male wilders still have the block, but they have the option of using a first level feat to get rid of it.

Aye, above is correct. I was curious for the first event where channeling occured and it often involves the block what wilders have.

Muse

Ren's block is overcome by lust.  :) 

There was a girl like that at the white tower once.  They broke her block by finding a boy she was sweet on, getting her twin brother to dress in her clothes, then having the twin take off her shirt while the novice was channeling. 

Sahariel

Quote from: Aybara on January 02, 2012, 06:58:23 AM
Sahariel I don't think Zaer meant does he have a block as male wilders in the system don't have one. Zaer might (or it might be me who is making false assumptions) be asking how did his powers first manifest? Have they yet to manifest? Does he know he is using them?

For example in the book Rand has been using his abilities for a while by the sounds of it just not often and not on a conscious level. Lightning hitting a tree he had been trying to cut down, removing fatigue from Egwene's  horse. Or did you mean you're RPing him with a block or at least an inhibition against using his powers?

So, I am not sure if his powers as a channeler have manifested, yet.

I picked Dreamer as his initial talent though, I hope this is okay. In his background story it's implied that his father is also a dreamer and channeler and that it drove him mad. At this point, Bran is having really sinister nightmares I was thinking maybe someone or something is messing with him in his dreams.

Mysterium

Welcome to the game! Sorry it took so long for me to say 'Hi'. We've finally gotten our house somewhat unpacked!!

M
Raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways!

Sahariel

Thank you, Mysterium.

I am looking forward to Bel Tine =)  You play an Aes Sedai?

Mysterium

No, she is only "Accepted" as of yet. She is bound for the Yellow Ajah, however. *smiles*

M
Raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Sahariel on January 06, 2012, 06:21:58 AM
And at long last . . .

I give you Bran

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=355318

Ok, feel free post when you can in the IC thread. Anyways there ar eno 'latent' feats but more you gain the feat directly and it's up to you when they go fully active (like example wolfbrother; you may have feat but want roleplay initial wolf vs man encounter to trigger it active).