Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

Just going to throw this out there, in case anyone is interested in it...  Nothing is set in stone, recently sent in my sheet, so revisions are possible, but I had an idea for my potential character.

I'm doing an Iron Islander, the lord of a house, who is a Targaryen loyalist.  Family was one of the first to bend the knee.  They despise Greyjoys, going back to ancient history with Harren Hoare the Black, and his demise.  Anyways, I put in for my dude to be named Master of Ships, claiming the role that had been something of an ancestral title from Daenerys' Conquest.

He's a reaver, pillaged in Essos and other areas.  He has a salt wife in the form of a Lynseni woman, and wanted to throw out my ideas for her, if anyone wanted to play her and get in on my dude's schemes.  I had thought of him having reaved in Lys, and taken the daughter of a Lynseni nobleman.  I had thought that she could have been something of the odd-daughter-out, in a sense, one who had been looked down upon, one who had been deemed expendable by her father, and offered to my guy for peace and the protection of his treasures from being taken.

I thought that, maybe my guy, my scarred Iron Islander, was one of the few men in her life to show an interest in her, takes her and makes her his salt wife.  Figured that her background of being so easily discarded and looked down upon would make her a bit more resolved in her desire to be something different, to embrace her husband, and his schemes for power.  Going from the black sheep, misfit daughter of a foreign lord, to one of the most powerful, influential women in the Kingdom, the wife of a high-born Lord, ship captain, and Master of Ships in Westeros.

Just thought I'd throw that idea out there.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bibliophilia

-ponders.-  So, I think I'd like to make the Tyrell Head of House.  Are we all cool with it being a woman?  I'm thinking of going with a lesbian, but having her husband be a younger Lannister male.  Why fuck with tradition, after all?

Ryven

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 28, 2016, 06:44:47 PM
-ponders.-  So, I think I'd like to make the Tyrell Head of House.  Are we all cool with it being a woman?  I'm thinking of going with a lesbian, but having her husband be a younger Lannister male.  Why fuck with tradition, after all?

O rly?

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 28, 2016, 06:44:47 PM

That would be cool Bib!

Since Aegon's new law has not passed yet, if you choose to have a husband for your character I would recommend saying that while he is (law wise) the Head of House, everyone knows that your character is the real one in charge. Very similar to the Lady of Thorns (or whatever or name was) the Grandmother of Margery Tyrell in the main series.

Technically she is not in charge of the house, but everyone knows that she is in charge.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

The Dark Raven

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on April 28, 2016, 05:55:58 PM
Just going to throw this out there, in case anyone is interested in it...  Nothing is set in stone, recently sent in my sheet, so revisions are possible, but I had an idea for my potential character.

I'm doing an Iron Islander, the lord of a house, who is a Targaryen loyalist.  Family was one of the first to bend the knee.  They despise Greyjoys, going back to ancient history with Harren Hoare the Black, and his demise.  Anyways, I put in for my dude to be named Master of Ships, claiming the role that had been something of an ancestral title from Daenerys' Conquest.

He's a reaver, pillaged in Essos and other areas.  He has a salt wife in the form of a Lynseni woman, and wanted to throw out my ideas for her, if anyone wanted to play her and get in on my dude's schemes.  I had thought of him having reaved in Lys, and taken the daughter of a Lynseni nobleman.  I had thought that she could have been something of the odd-daughter-out, in a sense, one who had been looked down upon, one who had been deemed expendable by her father, and offered to my guy for peace and the protection of his treasures from being taken.

I thought that, maybe my guy, my scarred Iron Islander, was one of the few men in her life to show an interest in her, takes her and makes her his salt wife.  Figured that her background of being so easily discarded and looked down upon would make her a bit more resolved in her desire to be something different, to embrace her husband, and his schemes for power.  Going from the black sheep, misfit daughter of a foreign lord, to one of the most powerful, influential women in the Kingdom, the wife of a high-born Lord, ship captain, and Master of Ships in Westeros.

I love this idea, actually.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on April 28, 2016, 05:55:58 PM

If Raven hasn't already taken up the idea, I'm totally game.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

summoner2183

Debating on either creating a Stark or a Lannister.

WhatLiesAbove

GnothiSeauton

Also wouldn't mind an older sister or something like that.

With Aegon's plans and intentions, it might make for an interesting dynamic between him, who has been head of the house, and an older sister who would take everything away from him in a sense.  Could be fun and interesting.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

WhatLiesAbove

Rel Mayer

Quote from: summoner2183 on April 28, 2016, 09:19:49 PM
Debating on either creating a Stark or a Lannister.

Shockingly enough no one has shown interest in Lannister!

Emjay

Am kind of interested in House Arryn or House Martel >.>
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

summoner2183

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 28, 2016, 09:32:05 PM
Shockingly enough no one has shown interest in Lannister!

I know the Lannisters in the shows are mostly dicks... such as Joff,Cersei and Tywin..  but I think there are decent and good ones. Like Tyrion,Tommenn, Kevan,Myrcella and of course Jaime once he has his ass kicked.

Lockepick

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 28, 2016, 03:34:44 PM
I really like the idea of a criminal organization at Pyke!

My question is, other than nobility, would he had any reason to come to King's Landing for the announcement or tournament? He could also be a decent jouster or swordsmen, and maybe doing some illegal trading at King's Landing.

Just some thoughts to help you out! How would he also feel about Ava wanting to use the possible distraction of succession and sudden hate against the throne to expand her land and take over more?

The idea is that his criminal organization would actually be IN King's Landing -- probably general thugs, maybe smuggling depending on his control of the docks -- As for why he showed up: could have been a part of the House Greyjoy surrender that SOMEBODY has to come to King's Landing and be publicly supporting the new regime. My character volunteers (or is drafted, either way) for his new 'business venture'.

I would say my character probably isn't too invested in Ava's growth. I would say that Victarion's chance at rulership was the end of his line's attempts for the throne. My character certainly has no intent of ruling the Iron Islands. I would say that given his 'unconventional' approach to things compared to the rest of the Greyjoy, his reaction to Ava will mostly be depending on how she treats him.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Emjay

Yeah I have decided to make the eldest daughter of House Arryn. I would also live to reserve Eva Green as a face claim, please!
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

summoner2183

Any ideas if  I decide to make a Stark or Lannister character?

BruceTheCat

Quote from: summoner2183 on April 28, 2016, 10:13:20 PM
Any ideas if  I decide to make a Stark or Lannister character?

Are you thinking a male or female character Summoner?
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Caela

Random thought...what happened to the wildling? I thought I saw this mentioned somewhere but now I can't find it.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Caela on April 28, 2016, 10:26:03 PM
Random thought...what happened to the wildling? I thought I saw this mentioned somewhere but now I can't find it.

Think I saw wildlings are beyond the wall again

Bibliophilia

Alright, so if we're going with the idea that I'm playing the Tyrell de facto Head of House, with a younger, easily-manipulated Lannister husband that serves as the figurehead of our household, which is an idea I am all for, by the way, then I'm gonna need some plots.

-grins at Ry.-  Ya, rly.

Would anyone like to spitball some possible plots/connections/enemies/frenemies/political machinations with me?

Caela

Quote from: The Dark Raven on April 28, 2016, 10:28:02 PM
Think I saw wildlings are beyond the wall again

I saw that White Walkers were, but couldn't find the comment about wildlings.

summoner2183

Quote from: Red Lobster on April 28, 2016, 10:21:55 PM
Are you thinking a male or female character Summoner?

For the Lannister..male. Stark.. either male or female.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 28, 2016, 10:29:23 PM
Alright, so if we're going with the idea that I'm playing the Tyrell de facto Head of House, with a younger, easily-manipulated Lannister husband that serves as the figurehead of our household, which is an idea I am all for, by the way, then I'm gonna need some plots.

-grins at Ry.-  Ya, rly.

Would anyone like to spitball some possible plots/connections/enemies/frenemies/political machinations with me?

I haven't done much plotting with Serah, so I'm always game if you need a reason to hate/love the throne.

Quote from: summoner2183 on April 28, 2016, 10:31:42 PM
For the Lannister..male. Stark.. either male or female.

Edit: We're currently running a bit female heavy, so you're welcome to help us balance if you'd like. :)

I also will save my third character for that purpose.

Bibliophilia

My second character (because we all know I'll have at least one more character) will be male.  I'm already eyeing up a possible member of the Kingsguard.  But, that's assuming no one wants to recruit me to play something in their House or plot.  I'm always open to making a character for someone.