The Legacy of the Forgotten House {PF Interest/Application Thread}

Started by Foxfyr, December 03, 2014, 08:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lockepick

Right, that was actually my first assumption -- I just wanted to confirm that. I was only confused because you used the timeline as a reason why we hadn't met him -- when I had just assumed that he was simply inaccessible.

My submission should be up soon!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Lockepick

Lynn Talonius
Female Human Fighter
Bio
Lynn was born to one of Gaius' concubines from a village he had helped save from themselves. She spend the early parts of her adolescence with her mohter in that Podunk village, being told all the stories and glory of Gaius, both from the war, and from what the villagers themselves saw of him. When she was only a teenager, she decided she wanted to try to find Gaius, but had little in regards to leads or resources to do so. She made her way to the capital city. There she was met with either disbelief or disinterest given her announced lineage. She took a job as a mundane guard, the men in charge believing that actual work would shake the insolence out of her. In the years to come, her bravery and prowess couldn't go unnoticed, and she rose up the ranks. She never denied her name, even if it set her back more than it helped her, but she treated it as a mark of pride, not as a reason for special treatment. She earned respect from the guards, soldiers, and the townspeople themselves; though enamoring those groups just made the nobles even more annoyed by her.

When the call came, she made no pause in attending to it. She retired from the Guard, much to their dismay and set out into the wilderness where the instructions directed her...

Personality
Nobody would assume Lynn was a noble. She wasn't content to just accept that mantle given to her, she wanted to earn it, how her Father did. Her preference towards the 'lower class' and contempt for the other nobles made her associate more with the former. Lynn is blunt, maybe crass; she's direct, maybe rude; she's gregarious, maybe lax. She believes in the cause of defending those who can't defend themselves, and is perhaps too eager to throw herself into that cause.

Stats: STR: 18 / DEX: 15 / CON: 15 / INT: 11 / WIS: 8 / CHA: 17

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Muse

Does anyone round here have trouble doing sexy RP with a curvy halfling girl? 

But since Lokis' bringing in a 'war priest' (Cleric of a war god?) maybe I just want to pitch a wizard or sorceress.  : 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Foxfyr

I think the only race I would have trouble getting into naughty times with would be a half-orc. At least when it comes to the core races.

I'll probably post my character tonight, but the warpriest (cleric-fighter hybrid class) is a low-progression caster. He'll have stuff like fervor (weaker lay on hands) and enhanced cures, but the difference can probably be made up with wands since there seems to be plenty of characters applying who have that ability among some of the classes who are also minor healers.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Muse on December 09, 2014, 02:04:41 PM
Does anyone round here have trouble doing sexy RP with a curvy halfling girl? 

But since Lokis' bringing in a 'war priest' (Cleric of a war god?) maybe I just want to pitch a wizard or sorceress.  :

None here. It'd be difficult to play one if there were a problem  O8)

And are you sure about that, Loki?
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Way I figure it, green skin was good enough for Captain Kirk, right?

Ebb

Loki, do you want full characters now or were you still planning to make a decision based on bio and personality, and then have those who make it in build to suit?

Foxfyr

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 09, 2014, 03:19:49 PM
None here. It'd be difficult to play one if there were a problem  O8)

And are you sure about that, Loki?

Way I figure it, green skin was good enough for Captain Kirk, right?

Huh... I stand corrected.

I'm still just going on bios and personalities, so no need to work on the mechanics if you would prefer to wait until after you're approved to do that.

Zaer Darkwail

I did mechanics part already along with the bio (which is reused I know). I changed just from melee bard to ranged bard (no shooting feats yet as focused on fiendish heritage to be actual erodaemon spawn and improved initiative is too good to pass). I also brought cloak of human disguise so my char does not need cast spell on himself appear human. But he would none the less act as non-Talonious albeit he is Gaius biological son.

He just flies under radar both not add further 'dirt' to Gaius name nor make his fellow siblings life difficult but it would be nice if his relation would be discovered and revealed Gaius read the books (and enjoyed them) which he wrote under 'Red Fox' author name.

Ershin

Hmm, unfortunately I don't think I'm going to make the wednesday deadline. Had an interview to prepare for on the same day, though depending on time zones and the actual time of the deadline I might just be able to get  abackground prepared. I'd been planning to make either a Magus (with the Kensai and Bladebound archetypes, though I believe another applicant already went for a Magus) or a shield-based Warpriest (increasing the shield's damage, scaling with the Warpriest... sometimes throw it like I'm Captain America or something).

Mind if I ask if by Wednesday you meant using 23:59 on Tuesday as a deadline or 23:59 Wednesday? Or some other time during the day (and if so which time zone)?

Also I'm going to add to Chulnowa's collection of sexy half-orcs because that seems to be a thing that's happening and I want to help prove such a concept exists.

indarkestknight

And that's without anyone even posting any pictures of Garona.

Muse

I'll have the full application shortly.  Building a concept for a Sorceress with the impossible bloodline. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Foxfyr

Largo Valerian Talonius
Human Warpriest of Milani
Character Sheet

Personality: At first appearance Largo seems to be the stoically silent sort of person, but this is mainly a result of his tendency to get lost in his daydreams easily and often.  When his mind is snapped back to reality, he is very friendly and more than eager to lend a hand however he can; certainly not the sort who is afraid of hard work or of getting his hands dirty.  Passive in nature, he is very hesitant to harm others, but at the same time won’t hesitate to help those in need and even take a hit for someone who will likely weather the blow worse than him.  Despite his good natured persona, Largo has a hair trigger when it comes to those with power or status who abuse it through arrogance or oppression.  To him, authority over others is a privilege and responsibility, not a right, and those who forget their place in their seat of power deserve to have it broken over their back.

Bio: Largo’s earliest memories when he was a child was of the daily fear his parents endured in their upstart frontier hamlet that was ‘under the rule by decree’ of a gang of bandits who decided to set up their encampment nearby.  The few months he could remember of those days were confusing as he bore witness to several things that his innocence of youth prevented him from fully comprehending, despite his parents’ best attempts to shield him from such violence and depravity.  The pinnacle of those memories was the day a group of men broke through their front door, cut down his father, and abducted his mother.  Acting on the values his salt-of-the-earth father instilled in him, Largo retrieved the dagger his father had used in his brief tussle before being slain and gave chase.  The ‘fight’ went about as well as one would expect; one of the bandits repaid the kid’s valor with a contemptuous strike of his blade that cut the lad open in a single diagonal line from pectoral to waist.  Devastated at the loss of both her husband and seeing her only child bleeding out in the street, his mother began to thrash frantically against her attackers until a violent shove sent her to the ground where her head met a rock with lethal results.

As Largo laid still in the dirt feeling the confusion and fear as vitality drained from him, his skyward gaze was obstructed by the men in heavy metal armor charging upon warhorses.  The next thing he knew, a man was hovering over him, azure eyes searching his for life and all Largo could think was how much the man’s heavily salted dark hair on both his head and face reminded him of his father.  Just before he lost consciousness, he felt something cool press between his lips allowing a sweet liquid to flow into his mouth and down his throat.  Instantly he could feel his pain lessen, but the wariness remained and he slept heavily.

Over the course of the next several weeks, the men and women riding under the banner of Talonius eradicated the bandit gang to a man and set up residence in the town to offer it protection and guidance while the people recovered from their ordeal.  It was also during this time that Largo was adopted by the very man who saved his life.  While it was difficult for him to adjust to the sudden change in his life and initially awkward to see Gaius as a father figure, the several months he spent in the town provided him plenty of opportunity to bond with him, distracted as he was by his duties in getting the settlement established.  When the time for teary-eyed good-byes came, Largo was left under the supervision of Gaelle, one of the combat healers who travelled with Gaius until falling in love with a local blacksmith named Marcus.

Under the tutelage of his guardian and ambition fueled by the determination to protect others as his adoptive father and biological father had done, Largo learned the art of combat and restorative magics.  His experience with seeing the devastation caused when power corrupts left an indelible scar both on his psyche and his body, keeping him humble and giving him purpose.  Largo vowed to protect life and his fighting style reflected that mantra; the use of a sickle to harass and muddle opponent and a shield to protect and attack.  Eventually he came across the teachings of Milani and found a resonance with what she represented.  It wasn’t long after that Marcus crafted him a fine shield bearing the emblem of a rose growing out of a blood-soaked street.

When the letter arrived announcing Gaius’ demise and his inheritance, Largo saw it as an opportunity to repay his adoptive father.  He did not hesitate to answer the call and make his way to Renrir where he would continue the legacy of protecting those in need.

Foxfyr

As an oopsie oversight on my part in the first post, I forgot to mention in the character creating portion that all of the heirs are given a signet ring that only they can wear bearing the insignia of House Talonius.

Muse

Foxfyr

They would mature at half-elf rate.  If she is blood-related then she would likely be 20 and among the first of Gaius' biological children.

Muse

Name:  Aralyn Moonflower-Talonius
Race: Elfkin (Half Elf)
Class: “Dreamwalker” (Sorceress, Impossible Bloodline)
Birthday: 7th day of the 7th month. 
Height:  5'7”
Weight:  125
Measures: 34”C, 24” 30”
Skin:  Lightly sun kissed. 
Hair: Blond ringlet curls that fall to mid back—or to her hips if straightened!
Eyes:  Beautiful emeralds normally concealed bellow her green silk half mask. 
Style: Skimpy emerald green robe. 
Stat Line 1: 18, 17, 16, 14, 10, 8
Stat Line 2: 18, 15, 13, 11, 10, 8

Quotes:  “Dawn, the gods way of saying, 'Here you go.  Take another shot.  Try again.  Here's a whole new day in which to succeed.  To give reality to the dreams you had the night before.'” 
   “Some people will tell you that magic is a science—a series of formula the comprehension of with allows spiritual energy to be channeled into corporeal form. 
   “Some people will tell you that magic is a crutch, a way for the weak of body to impose their will upon the strong. 
   “I will tell you this.  Magic is the snake that takes wing and soars to heaven.  Magic is the mouse who roars like a lion.  Magic is the lightning bolt connecting earth and sky.  Magic is, in other words—the work that turns dreams into reality. 

Chulanowa

Well, nevertheless, i rolled out Penny's hit points and finalized her sheet (except for equipment, of course - 8k gold worth of stuff isn't something I want to spend time sorting out before i know if I'm in...)

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 09, 2014, 05:26:03 PM
he wrote under 'Red Fox' author name.

...Aaaand now I will never not see Gilbert as Fred Sanford  :-\

kckolbe

Lovely new characters!  This will be an interesting group no matter what.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 09, 2014, 07:46:31 PM
...Aaaand now I will never not see Gilbert as Fred Sanford  :-\

Well, his ghostwriter alias wrote Gaius very unfavorable light and so I think it kinda fits to his mental state at that point have similarities to Fred Sanford :P. He was like twelve when he started wrote those books (only thanks high education he wrote like adult man).

Anyways Gilbert is 25 if wondering who is 'eldest' biological child. It's base idea was that Gaius fell in love with Gilbert's mother (and was long lasting relationship) until betrayal struck and it took likely years to recover from it to start take concubines (unable form lasting bonds thanks Gilbert's mother being ultimate manipulative bitch).

Lockepick

I had planned for Lynn to be 20, but not sure I ever got to putting that exact number in her bio.

Foxfyr

It is now time for me to announce the characters I selected for this campaign; it literally took me all day weighing my options and it was a very hard decision since there were so many strong character concepts.  I want to first thank everybody who submitted a character and say that even though you might not have gotten selected in this initial wave, should spots open up you very well may get a PM from me seeing if you’re still interested to play should some spots open up.  So without further delay:

*Jude Talonius – Magus – Ixy
*Tragon Talonius – Investigator – Ebb
*Edmund Talonius – Swashbuckler – Indarkestknight
*Pénelope "Penny" d'Aumont – Rogue/Wizard – Chulanowa
*Lynn Talonius – Fighter – Lockepick

And I know I was looking for only 4-5, but it was such a difficult choice that I had to allow a sixth:

*Aralyn Moonflower-Talonius – Sorceress – Muse

Please post your character sheets in the OOC, which can be found here.

kckolbe

NOOOOO!  I'll keep the char sheet saved.  Best of luck and I'll watch for a PM.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Damn, sad did not get selected :(. Anyways good luck folks who got picked :)