News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Doctor Who, Lost Memories: Thrill Seeker [fireandblood & Villain]

Started by fireandblood, January 07, 2013, 07:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villain

The Doctor did not smile or frown at the memories he was shown. He kept his expression indifferent as he tried harder to reach out to the beeping. It was getting closer, but the Doctor was beginning to realise that the beeping was not consistent, it continued to change its beats in an irregular pattern. Something seemed to be interferring with the noise too much to be able to properly grasp it.

Beware the Child of Time

"Stop it," he muttered under his breath. "Stop saying that, it is getting really annoying." His thoughts curled around the beat and gently grabbed on to whatever he could before pulling it into his own head. It thrashed like an angry serpent, but the Doctor was able to see it reasonably clearly. He could feel the beat and could see why it was hidden from him.

Beware the Child of Time

"Oh...now that's interesting," the Doctor said before letting go of Robin's head and stepping back. "Remember when I told you that you were probably picking up distortion from the Time Vortex, caused by the Dalek's interference?" He asked before striding over to the TARDIS and typing at one of its many keyboards. "It turns out I was half right, something is interferring with your head Robin. The beeping is being distorted by several layers, the top being caused by spacial backlash."

The TARDIS began to hum once again as its course changed, the Doctor began to flick a yellow switch repeatedly on and off whilst steam bellowed from the pipes built into the walls of the TARDIS.

"You have quite the brain Robin, your psychic powers are so erratic that your picking up far too much. And one of the things you are picking up is alarming to say the least," the Doctor said before the TARDIS came to a stop.

He walked over to the doors and opened them, revealing the vast scene of space. Stars, moons and planets hung in the infinite blackness before them, but as incredible as this was what would be more noticable would be the shimmering spot that hung before them, rippling like the surface of a pool of water, mere inches from the open doors of the TARDIS.

"Just incredible," the Doctor spoke as he leaned out the TARDIS and stroked the ripple image. "Somehow your brain has led us to this exact point in space..." he breathed before pulling out a camera from his pocket and snapping a picture. "...and I have no idea what this is."

Suddenly a ball of light shot from the ripple and struck the Doctor in the chest. He let out a wheeze as all the air was knocked from him and went skidding back into the TARDIS, clutching the light like a catcher would a baseball.

"Oh my word!" The Doctor laughed as he looked down at the light and held it up for Robin to see. "Look, Robin! I've got mail!" He cheered as he held up a glowing cube.

fireandblood

There was that strange warning again. Beware the Child of Time. Robin sighed, wondering why everything in the universe apparently had to be so cryptic. Soon, though the Doctor had let go of her head, and she felt a sense of relief. Having someone looking at your memories was a very strange experience. His words, however, were disturbing.

"Oh, great," she mumbled, crossing her arms. "Something's interfering with my brain. Fantastic." Curiously, she peered out at the scene the Doctor revealed when he opened the door. A gasp escaped her as she saw the planets, stars, and moons stretched out infinitely before them, seeming small at such a great distance but beautiful nonetheless.

Before Robin could protest, the Doctor was touching the strange white... spot. She had to roll her eyes when he took the picture, but a shout of alarm left her as her friend was flung across the TARDIS still holding tightly to the strange thing. Hurrying over to him, she gazed at the odd object, wondering how in the world it could be mail... and mail for the Doctor.

"Well go on, see what it says!" She said excitedly.

Villain

"Hey, don't rush me. I want to tell you all about the use of Hypercubes and how they're used by Time Lords to interact with each oth-" the Doctor began to explain before his eyes suddenly widened and he stared at the glowing cube in his hands with a new found interest. "Now that is interesting."

He pressed the corners of the box with his fingers and at once an unearthly voice rang out from it. The Doctor winced as it spoke with gargled words that made his ears hurt, but eventually the distorted voice cleared and a different voice took its place.

"Hello? Hello, can anyone hear me?" A smooth deep voice asked. "Wait...that's not how these things work. I guess I just have to hope that you can hear me."

The Doctor walked over to Robin as he watched the cube pulse and glow. On the side of it was a black marking of a serpent biting its own tail, but the Doctor didn't seem at all interested in explaining what it was.

"If you are listening to this, then you must be the Doctor. And knowing how you work I advise you to remain silent whilst the message plays. We cannot afford any slip up," the voice spoke sternly, causing the Doctor to glare a little at the box, as if offended by its slight on him. "What you are staring at is a gateway between dimensions. In three days this gateway will open wider due to the walls of the universe breaking down. I cannot tell you why this is happening, because I do not know."

"Well, that's helpful!" The Doctor hugged before flinching as the cube shushed him.

"Don't get snippy with me now. The situation is dire and you need to take it seriously. In three days you will return to this spot. It is important that you wait exactly three days, don't use the TARDIS to skip forwards, from what I have seen, you won't have time," The voice said solemnly. "My universe is being threatened by something terrible and I won't be able to protect it. I'm going to be out of action for quite a while. I need you to step forward and help defend it for me. I know I ask much, but you're the only one who can do it."

"Well, I tell a lie, there are an infinite amount of others that could do it, you're just the one who was lucky enough to catch the Hypercube, but the point still stands," the voice said patronizingly. For a moment the Doctor almost hurled it back out the TARDIS, the only thing that stopped him was the sincerity of what came next. "Three days Doctor. Don't be a fool and let me down."

The cube stopped glowing and for a moment the Doctor was quiet as he examined it in his hand. Then eventually, he huffed again and threw the cube over his shoulder before walking up to the controls of the TARDIS once more.

"Miserable sod," the Doctor muttered whilst setting the TARDIS for its next journey. "No matter what version I encounter they're always dead flippin grumpy."

fireandblood

Robin looked shocked as the voice started coming out of the little cube. At first, it hurt her ears, but soon the voice became low and gentle, almost soothing. He spoke strangely, about dimensions having gateways and the Doctor having to return to this one in three days. Question after question sprang to Robin's mind, but she kept quiet, not wanting to interrupt.

She jumped a little when the Doctor tossed the cube, not expecting such a reaction.

"Um, okay Doctor, who was that?" she asked. "And what is that cube thing? And what did he mean?"

Villain

"That was a Hypercube. It's a form of communication that Time Lords use to contact each other through time and space," the Doctor spoke as he circled the centre of the TARDIS, fiddling with the controls here and there. "My understanding is that a particular Time Lord from that reality sent his Hypercube through the gap between dimensions in the hope of encountering one of the infinite versions of me that are spread throughout realities."

"As for who he was..." the Doctor began before smiling at Robin. "That can wait, I would rather surprise you later one, besides, we have three days before we have to deal with the unbelievably horrible things that are happening to make a gate in reality open up."

"More importantly, how is the beeping inside your head, had it gotten any better? The signal of the Hypercube breaching that gap should have eased off your head and made it a little more bearable," the Doctor asked whilst turning a dial on the control board. "Also, are you going to stand around in my anorak all day or are you going to finally go and get changed? There's plenty of clothes down in the wardrobe section of my TARDIS."

fireandblood

Robin's eyes narrowed as the Doctor still decided to keep secrets from her. It was obvious that he at least had some idea of whose voice had been in that hypercube... But, as always, he felt it necessary to keep her in the dark. With a sigh, she dismissed it, placing her hands on her hips. When he asked her the question about the beeping, Robin closed her eyes and listened. It wasn't gone, not completely... But it also wasn't as consistent or as loud.

"I still hear it," she said quietly, opening her eyes again. "But it's a lot softer and it's not as regular. Before the beat was very rhythmic but now it's a little... disjointed or something." A small smile appeared on her face. "Also, it's not as distracting. I can almost ignore it now. As far as your other question goes, yes, I'm going to go change now." She pulled the anorak off, handed it to the Doctor, and took off in the direction of the wardrobe.

When she arrived, she stopped for a moment. How did I know how to get here? she wondered, her eyes widening. After a second, she simply shrugged and started walking around the room, looking at the myriad clothing items stored there. There were outfits, male and female, from what looked like every time period and possibly almost every planet.

Her gaze stopped on a beautiful, flowing silver shirt. It was a tank top, and as her fingers ran down its side, its softness was completely alien to her. The material was not from Earth... but that didn't stop her from plucking it off the hanger all the same. She rummaged around until she found a bra that looked about her size, before shedding her current shirt, putting on the bra, and pulling on the tank top. The material slid like water against her skin, and she smiled as she looked at the shimmering material in the mirror. Looking down, she noticed she was still barefoot, and laughed as she padded down the rows to look for the rest of her outfit.

A pair of black leather-looking pants caught her eye. They looked very similar to the blue ones she had been wearing earlier, and when she pulled them from their hanger, she grinned. They were exactly the same. She then shimmied out of her shorts and pulled the yielding material up to rest on her hips. The alien leather formed to her curves perfectly. Next, she continued down into the wardrobe until her gaze came to rest on a lacy purple sweater of sorts... The pattern of the lace was intricate, and something she had never seen before. Curious, she pulled it on, and gasped. Though the material was thin and full of little holes - as lace usually was - the sweater was surprisingly warm. Smiling, she kept it, then only having shoes left to complete the outfit. She walked back toward the door, scanning the rows and rows of shoes. A pair of purple ones stuck out to her, and they were the same color as the sweater. Pulling them out, she stared at them for a moment. Once again, they were unlike anything she had seen before. They had a shimmery quality to them, the same as the silver tank top, but were of yet a different material. They were plain slip-ons, and when she pulled them on they fit perfectly.

To test them, she jogged in place for a moment and jumped up and down. They were even more pliant than tennis shoes, seeming perfect for the exercise she would obviously be getting with the Doctor. A smile creased her face as she looked in the mirror. She looked like a traveler... A traveler from a different world. Laughing, Robin realized that everything except the undergarments hailed from somewhere that was most certainly not Earth. Maybe I should've been an alien, she mused, starting to walk out of the room. Before she left, however, a glint caught her eye. Moving closer, she looked in the little box, pulling out a silver hair pin that had strange, circular markings on it... Almost like her locket. Her smile grew almost sad as she stuck the pin in her blonde curls before exiting the room.

A couple moments later, she was back on deck with the Doctor. Grinning, she held her arms out and twirled.

"How do I look?" Robin asked, winking at her friend.

Villain

"You dress to stun," the Doctor called from the control panel. He hadn't even looked up from the controls of the TARDIS, but when he finally did he flashed Robin a grin. "Now seeing as we've just had a big adventure, I think we should slow things down. How about we go to the Saphiraza Cove? A great big cluster of planets, each of them own a big blue beach"

The Doctor had changed his clothes whilst Robin had been gone. His anorak had been replaced by a large duffle coat, a darker blue than his anorak, which hung off the TARDIS's periscope by its hood. His sandals had been replaced by a pair of bright Wellington boots. On the controls of the TARDIS lay three woollen jumpers that the Doctor was looking over with indecision whilst he pulled off his bolo tie.

"I figured that I should have a change myself and prepare for worse weather," the Doctor said whilst fiddling with the clothes, "Those big blue coves are known to be wet, wild and pretty cold. I'm thinking I should wrap up warm and maybe swap my bolo tie for a scar-"

The Doctor suddenly paused. His gaze became fixed on the small metal circle that he held between his fingers.

"Robin..." The Doctor spoke softly, "Could you do me the biggest of favors?" He asked whilst turning the object in his hands. "Could you do me a favor and tell me something very important?"

The Doctor began to pace around the control centre, fiddling with the object carefully, as if it could explode at any moment. He stopped and frowned at it before holding the bolo tie high in the air above his head. "Could you be a dear and tell me when I turned my bolo tie off?" The Doctor asked as he stared hard at the item. "Because I don't remember doing that....and that is very concerning."

fireandblood

"Saphiraza Cove," Robin said, testing the name out. Grinning, she nodded. "I like it. Blue beaches... Sounds amazing." Her green eyes were watching the Doctor with interest as he looked between the items of clothing, seeming unable to decide which he liked best. A giggle escaped her then. Though this outfit would surely be strange as well, it was a bit more normal than what he had been wearing before.

"Wellingtons," she said with a grin. "Wellies, right? Isn't that what the British call them?" As her companion began talking again, she stopped, listening to the tone of his voice change. The grin faded and her face grew concerned as he asked about the bolo. At the back of her mind, the thought occurred to her that there was likely not going to be a time when they would have a completely normal, non-threatening trip together.

And for some reason... She wouldn't want it any other way.

"I don't know," Robin said, walking forward to peer at the metal circle. "Maybe it got turned off during the middle of the battle with the Daleks? Or maybe the Toymaker turned it off when he kidnapped us?" These completely foreign terms were rolling off her tongue easily now, and she felt a strange sense of pride as she spoke.

Villain

"Unlikely, why would they bother with something so menial? In order to turn it off they would either need to hit it with an EMP or say the code words in my voice. I doubt they would go to so much trouble," the Doctor said before turning to Robin, his caramel eyes hard as he stared at her. "If I turned it off, then its likely that I did it after the events of the Nightingale, but I don't remember speaking any of the code words to deactivate it."

The Doctor was tense as he turned the Bolo tie in his hands. The little metal circle with funny ornamental lines now seemed like a dangerous item, as if he were holding a murder weapon in the palm of his hand. He slowly ran his thumb across the back of it, feeling the small button on its back.

"Why can't I remember turning it off Robin? Did I do it when I was in the TARDIS, waiting for you while you were getting changed? Its likely, but in order to deactivate the tie I need to say the words; splendid, fantastic, brilliant and geronimo, all in the space of five seconds. I would remember doing something so time consuming, but I don't," the Doctor spoke and watched the disc carefully as he considered the weight of what he had just proposed.

He thought back to what had been happening during the journey. He thought about reasons why he could forget and tried to link them to theories and ideas. Then he tried to recall the small details from every adventure and did his best to sort through the jumble of memories for anything that he had missed.

Then suddenly, it clicked.

"Oh... I'm an idiot," the Doctor said with a sigh of frustration before he began to violently pace back and fourth in front of Robin. "The Wire conveniently picks the only theme park with a psychic to create a plan, a Slitheen general has a chance to kill me yet it conveniently explodes in his face, whilst on the Nightingale you say just the right words to make my condition act up, in the heart of the Gaia Tree Myers and Higgins decide to conveniently help us in our time of need and now we've just met Dumbledore and he conveniently reprogrammed godly computers to create inconsistencies!"

"Why didn't I notice it sooner Robin?!" The Doctor yelled as he turned on his feet towards her. "Why didn't I notice the game that was being played? The subtle manipulations that seemed like simple mistakes or miraculous miracles. Why didn't I figure it all out sooner?"

fireandblood

Robin simply listened to him talk, unable to connect the dots. It didn't seem to her like it should matter much that the little device had been turned off. It was only a wire... For it to be such a big deal to the Doctor made no sense. But apparently it was quite important, judging by the Doctor's obsession with it and the fact that he was taking the time to figure it out.

Alarm flared in her chest as he began pacing back and forth, his shaggy hair whirling along with him at every turn. All Robin could feel was confused, and her lips pursed as she tried to puzzle out what her companion was saying. Finally he yelled, making her jump, and turned to face her. He seemed to be asking her a question, and she shrugged at him.

"Doctor, I have no idea what you're talking about. Explain, please."

Villain

"Robin, something has been manipulating us. Along with our friends and our enemies. It's been following us, altering our adventures all for the purpose of uniting the two of us and then making sure we stay alive," the Doctor explained before holding the bolo tie up for her to see. "It started by manipulating the Wire. She traveled continents in order to fin you and use you as part of her plan. The implanted memories of Harry Potter would have caused her to reach somewhere that catered to them, but she didn't have to go all the way to Florida. She could have chosen a cinema showing one of the movies or perhaps intruded on a Harry Potter convention. Anything that would fit the bill! But no, instead she decided to travel to Universal Studios for the sake of using you as bait!"

"Then, we were attacked by the Slitheens. I had just killed all but one of them and decided to leave the ringleader alive. He was wounded and scarred, but he had a gun and fingers that could pull a trigger. My back was turned, he could have killed me, but instead it blew up in his face. Was it just bad luck? I think not, someone made him fire the weapon incorrectly. That's why it blew up in his face."

"Shortly after that, we're on the bridge of the fake Nightingale. Greme Skinrad would have ordered his monster to rip us apart or fling us into space out of spite, but instead his plans are foiled by you asking just the right question to make me go loco and burn the creature with excess regeneration energy. This puts us in a situation in which we are saved thanks to the sacrifice of Harme, which wouldn't have happened if you hadn't asked me that one simple question."

"I could go on, but I think you get the picture. They've probably been using hypnotic suggestion to influence us and the people and creatures around us to make them act accordingly. They even managed it on me once, but what they didn't count on was that when they did it to me, I turned off my bolo tie so that at some point I would realise that something wasn't right."

The Doctor paused for a moment before tossing the bolo tie from one hand to the other. He looked gravely at it before raising his thumb over the button on the back of it. He voice was a whisper as he watched the device.

"And I bet that just before I deactivated the bolo tie. I left myself a message..." the Doctor spoke before he pressed down on the button.

"Its standing behind you," the Doctor's voice crackled through the speaker of the machine. "Don't let it out of your sight. Splendid. Fantastic. Brilliant. Geronimo."

The Doctor whirled on the spot the moment the message finished. His eyes searched around the cockpit of the TARDIS until eventually he found what he had been looking for, the stowaway on his ship. The creature that had gone unnoticed during their trips, for they were always so focused on each other and their mad little adventures.

"Robin, don't take your eyes of it," the Doctor said as he pointed at what stood in the furthest corner of the TARDIS; a tall lankly alien with a large egg shaped head, small beady eyes and bone white skin. Its body was dressed in a black suit and tie with a leathery wrinkled appearance, but whether the outfit was an article of clothing or actually part of the skin was unknown.

It stood as still as a statue. Its thin arms were formally crossed behind its back as it watched Robin and the Doctor in complete and total silence.

fireandblood

Robin listened to the Doctor's postulations with growing horror. It was true... Everything they'd done so far had seemed almost too good to be true... Strange little coincidences that they had taken for granted every time. As she thought about it, there was a strange feeling inside her, as though she had forgotten something very important. Frustration made her narrow her eyes. What was happening?

Then, the tall, blonde, brilliant alien pressed a small button on the bolo tie's hidden device. The words that came from it seemed to make no sense, but the Doctor whirled around all the same, giving Robin a command. When she followed his gaze, she let out a scream. Nearly all the aliens they had met so far had been terrifying, but nothing matched the fear that this one inspired in her. Memories came rushing back to her; when they had been standing in the room, speaking to Greme, Robin had turned around only to see one of these things standing behind her. It told her what to say to trigger the Doctor's memory. Thinking back on it, this terrifying white alien had been a hidden companion on all of their adventures. Now, Robin found herself shaking as she looked into its mouthless face.

She walked toward the Doctor and pressed close to him. How was this possible? Could an alien really erase itself from memories like that?

"Doctor," she said, her voice soft. "What is that? And why do I only remember it when I look at it?"

Villain

"Its called a Silent, its an alien that's part of an organisation devoted to killing me before I can answer a question that must never be answered," the Doctor spoke before glancing towards Robin and shrugging, as if to say 'its a long story', before he continued with his explanation. "Its a religious order that involves humans and aliens alike, but this lot form a large majority of their ranks."

The Doctor took a few steps towards the creature. It made no attempt to move or engage the Doctor. It simply stared at him with its cold still eyes and let out the echoing sound of what was possibly its breathing.

"The Silents are memory proof. The moment you look away you forget that they were ever there," the Doctor said whilst tilting his head as he gazed up into the creatures eyes.

"But you know whats most annoying about these lot Robin?" The Doctor said as he quickly glanced back at her. "They are absolutely rubbish at holding up a decent conversation. You ask them a questions and all they do is stare and make that silly noise. I'm really hoping that this stowaway is the chatty one of the lot, because I really don't like talking to myself."

"Well..." The Doctor's voice trailed off as he grinned up at the creature, "...maybe that's not entirely true. So are you the one who implanted the beeping in Robin's head? Just why have you been manipulating us? And how is that old bat with the eye patch?"

The alien remained quiet for a moment, then eventually it spoke with its haunting strained voice. "She is no longer our ally. My mission was given to me by another."

fireandblood

A thrill of fear traveled up Robin's spine as the Doctor spoke. A race of aliens that are memory-proof... It was the ultimate evolutionary defense. When the Doctor brought up the beeping, Robin listened for it. It was still faint, still inconsistent... But still there. When the alien spoke, its voice made her shiver yet again. A thought crossed her mind and Robin edged toward the control panel, keeping her eyes locked on the Silent.

She put her hand out, feeling along the controls without looking. Finally, she felt what she wanted - a pad of paper with a pencil resting on top. She walked back to the Doctor and the horrifying alien and stood. At the top, she wrote the word "Silent". Beneath, she sketched the thing as best she could so that they would be able to consult it later. Then she began recording the conversation the Doctor was having with it.

"I don't know if you're recording this," she said quietly to the Doctor, still staring at the Silent, "But I'm writing it down anyway." Raising her voice, she addressed the strange alien.

"So who gave you your mission?" She asked it, keeping her voice steady. "And why do you need me? I'm a nobody. Just a human."

Villain

The Doctor stepped in between Robin and the Silent as it turned its head towards her. It stared at her, almost curiously before tilting its head to one side, as if to fully admire the girl. The Doctor watched its every move, he knew that the creature could easily point one of its long fingers at either one of the and hit them with a blast of electricity, drawn from the environment around them.

Why it wasn't already doing that the Doctor had no idea, but the mystery only grew deeper when the creature answered Robin's question.

"No, you are not just a human," it spoke, its strained voice echoing through the room. Slowly, it brought its arms from out behind its back. The Doctor reacted by reaching into his pocket for a weapon to defend them with, but before he could act the creature did something that the Doctor would never have expected from it.

The Silent, slowly and politely, bowed to Robin.

The Doctor stared at the alien, completely confused by the strange display of manners. He opened his mouth to ask the creature if it was planning on killing them in a dance, but before the words left his mouth the creature straightened up and pointed a long white finger at the TARDIS controls.

A bolt of lightning leaped from the end of its finger and struck the controls. The TARDIS lurched to one side, flinging them across the ground as the control panel sparked and fizzed from its circuits being struck by the creatures attack.

"ROBIN! HOLD ON!" The Doctor called out, grabbing onto one of the metal pipes that sprouted from the floor of the TARDIS and hanging onto it for dear life whilst one hand grabbed his companion across the waist to keep her steady. "What happened?! Why is the ship going mental?!"

fireandblood

Robin was focused more on furiously writing down everything that was happening than paying attention, so she was caught off guard when she realized what the Silent had said to her. She stared hard at it, her jade eyes narrowing as she wondered what it meant.

"Not just a human?" she asked, pencil scratching on paper even as she spoke. "What do you mean?" Though she was about to ask another question, she was stopped by the Silent's next gesture. It bowed to her. Bowed. Incredulously, she wrote down its actions, up to the point when it attacked the TARDIS. As the blue box whirled out of control, she was jarred to the side, grabbing instinctively onto something beside her.

When the Doctor grabbed her she felt relieved, but still worried as he asked her what was happening.

"I don't know!" She said, before realizing something. A pad of paper was clutched in her hand, with a drawing of a strange creature on it. It had what looked like an entire conversation written on it. Beneath the strange drawing were the words "Standing in the corner. Don't stop looking at it." The very last words were, "It bowed to me. Then pointed a finger" and then the words were cut off. Though the TARDIS was shaking violently, she shoved the paper at the Doctor.

"What does this mean?" she asked, eyes squeezing shut.

Villain

The Doctor grabbed the paper before letting out a yell as the room of the TARDIS spun before their eyes. Whatever had just happened one thing was for sure, the TARDIS was in motion and the journey was rough. He held Robin close and guided her arms to wrap around the pipe he was clinging onto. Then, after bracing himself against the metal part of the TARDIS, he pushed off and leaped towards the console.

"Please work! Please work! Please work!" The Doctor exclaimed as he soared before landing against the controls. His hand lashed out at one of the levers and pulled it down. Immediately, the TARDIS stopped its mad voyage.

"Good girl," the Doctor said as he patted the controls affectionately. "Thanks for not breaking to bits Hun," he said with a chuckle before unfolding the piece of paper and looking over it. The Doctors face changed from surprised to confused before he let out a growl and shoved the paper into his pocket. He began to frantically examine the controls, checking each and every lever, switch and button, as if checking for damage.

"So, do you want to hear the horrifying news or the weird news?" The Doctor asked after a few seconds. "The horrifying news is that we've had a memory proof alien stowed away on the TARDIS for a very long time. Its called a Silent, it could have slit our throats any time it wanted because we never noticed it, we would always forget that it was standing right behind us every time we so much as glanced at it."

The Doctor was now gazing at one of the screens of the TARDIS as it scanned for lifeforms on through every inch of the TARDIS. So far it wasn't picking up anything but the usual, the Silent was no longer on board, how it had managed to get off his ship was another mystery.

"The weird news is that even though we discovered it, it made no plans to kill us. Instead it decided to sabotage our journey and send us to this precise location" the Doctor said before pulling down the periscope and looking through it. "London, England, January 1st 2015...an odd choice. What's so special about this New Years Da-"

The Doctor's breath caught in his throat. Slowly, he stepped back from the periscope. For a moment he stared uncomprehendingly at the periscope. Whatever he had seen it had rattled him thoroughly, his eyes were wide with alarm and his face was turning pale.

"No..." the Doctor whispered before suddenly exploding into a run and bolted towards the doors of the TARDIS. He slammed into them, sending the doors swinging open violently with a crash.

What lay beyond them was as unsettling as it was strange. The Doctor had stepped out into Trafalgar square, one of the most famous places in London as well as one of the most popular tourist attractions. The sun was high in the sky, beaming down on the city with cold winter light. Everything about the scene suggested a normal day...if it hadn't been for one particular fact.

"Where are all the people?" the Doctor asked, his voice a whisper as he spun on the spot as he tried to locate a single sign of life, but all he would be able to see was empty streets and buildings and all he would be able to hear, was silence. London was empty. The capital city of England had been vacated.

fireandblood

Robin held onto the pipe as tightly as she could, squeezing her eyes shut and hoping against hope that the Doctor could stop the TARDIS. Part of her was also wondering what in the world that paper was about... And how it was possible that she had forgotten writing it. It was definitely her untidy handwriting on the paper...

Finally, the TARDIS stopped its violent shaking, and Robin opened her eyes. With a sigh, she let go of the pipe and turned to look at the Doctor. As he began to speak, Robin grew terrified, looking around the large room for any sign of the creature. Her hand reached up to twist her locket as she looked, but she saw nothing. Memory-proof... It was completely insane.

Then, of course, he seemed to realize something that was completely lost on the blonde human. His protestations confused her, but as he ran off, she followed him as always. As they emerged from the TARDIS, Robin looked around, and grew just as shocked as her companion. There were no people. The square was completely silent.

"Doctor," she said, looking up at him. "What's happening? Where is everyone?"

Villain

"I don't know," the Doctor spoke, his voice low as he turned slowly on the spot, seeking out any sign of life. No one seemed to be about. There were no people, the sound of chatter and busy traffic was nonexistent. The entire city was devoid of life, save for the pigeons, who waddled about Trafalgar square with similar confusion on their blank faces. They too seemed to be wondering why there no humans about to feed them with bird seed and the remainders of whatever fast food they had been munching on.

"This place is a ghost town," the Doctor spoke before looking up at the sky and squinting. "Has there been an invasion? Is London abandoned because of a viral outbreak? Have the people been sucked into an alternate dimension? Or did everyone just decide that London was cold and boring and made an effort to move to somewhere warm and exciting like Rio?"

The Doctor didn't waste anymore time wondering. He sprinted across the deserted square until he reached one of London's many red phoneboxes. He jumped inside and began dialing a number, his fingers pounding the numbers urgently before he pulled yanked the phone off its hook.

"I need to speak to Kate Stewart," the Doctor said as he dialled the number. "I need a run down of whats happening and I need it now," he hissed before holding the phone to his ear. The phone rang, but no one answered. The Doctor's expression was growing increasingly grim. "And now UNIT is picking up. That's not right. They always answer."

fireandblood

Robin looked around warily, feeling as though some new, terrifying threat would jump out at any moment. The square remained silent... Which was somehow much more ominous. When the Doctor mentioned a viral outbreak, she grew a little afraid, hoping that if that was the case, she and the Doctor weren't in danger. When she realized that he was no longer talking, she looked around. With a sigh, she took off after her friend.

He mentioned UNIT, which reminded her of their friends in the Gaia tree. Her eyes narrowed as the Doctor spoke. Something was terribly wrong here... And a new, even scarier thought entered her head.

"Doctor..." Her voice was frightened, and she placed a hand on his arm. "What if it isn't just London? What if the whole world is empty?"

Villain

The Doctor was quiet as he absorbed Robin's theory. After a moment of quiet consideration he picked up the phone again and began calling several different numbers. He started with the Royal Family's house, then he moved on to President Obama's cell phone, then he called an old friend from ISA and followed it with a quick call to a lovely couple that he had met in Italy. Every phonecall ended the same way, no one answered.

"No ones home," the Doctor spoke, his voice hard as he put down the phone. "I call up everywhere, but theres no response. Not even Jackman picked up. And he's never once failed to answer my calls ever since I got him the part of Wolverine," the Doctor said before shaking his head slowly. "No one's answering. Plant Earth is abandoned... but how?"

The Doctor walked up to Robin and placed his hands on her shoulders, his golden eyes stared into hers as his fingers held her tight, "Robin, something is really wrong here. We're in a scary situation, but you need to remain calm at all times. Do you understand?" He asked before looking over her shoulder. "Just remember, I'm going to get you out of this. We are going to find out whats going on and why they've taken every human on Earth, but first you need to do me another favor."

fireandblood

Robin looked into the Doctor's timeless eyes with a mixture of fear and awe. The whole world was abandoned and yet he still looked to her and asked her for a favor. It was amazing, the way he could make even the most average of humans feel like try actually meant something. Robin managed a small smile.

"Normally if I heard you say that you knew Hugh Jackman," she said, trying to keep her fright out of her voice, "if demand that you take me to meet him right away. As it is, I suppose I can hold off on that demand." She cocked her head to the side, looking at the Time Lord curiously.

"What exactly is the favor? Of course I'll do it."

Villain

"Run, very, very, fast," the Doctor spoke before turning Robin on the spot to see what he had spotted coming out of an alleyway on the road behind them. Striding out of the darkness at a jerky uneven pace were five large manequin dolls, their faces blank and expressionless and their bodies covered in designer clothes. They gazed at Robin and the Doctor, even though they had no eyes, and raised their arms towards them before their hands swung open to reveal a small hidden cannon.

"Start running now! Put one leg in front of the other and peg it like you've never pegged it before!" The Doctor yelled before exploding into a run, just in time to avoid a barrage of miniature rockets that hammered into the phonebox and blew it to smithereens.

"Plastic aliens with built in weaponry! They colonise entire worlds by implanting plastic duplicates as spies in human society!" The Doctor called back as they tore down the road, weaving right and left to avoid another hail of miniature rockets. "Just thought you should know! I think its nice to know who's killing you and why!"

They turned into a car park and the Doctor quickly pulled Robin behind a white minivan, pressing her to the side of it in an attempt to keep them hidden.

"Can you drive?" He whispered before nodding to the minivan. "Can you drive a white ominous looking minivan? I can't remember if I can drive or not so I'm really hoping that you've got a drivers license that specialises in driving white ominous looking minivans!"

fireandblood

Robin had long since learned that when the Doctor says to run, it's probably the best idea to follow without question. They began sprinting at almost the same instant, and Robin screamed as a rocket whizzed just past her ear and into the phone box. As the box exploded, she caught up to the Doctor, listening intently as he explained what these mannequins were.

"Are they the ones who got rid of all the humans?" she yelled back, but her voice was drowned out by yet another explosion that came from behind them. Deciding it was better just to run, she kept her mouth shut and sprinted alongside her friend. As they ducked behind the van, she panted loudly, her chest heaving. When the Doctor asked her his questions, she nodded vigorously.

"Yes, I can drive!" she said. "I don't exactly have a specialty in white minivans but I'm assuming the method is the same, as long as your screwdriver can get the car started!"

Villain

The Doctor pulled out the sonic screwdriver immediately and smirked at her before waggling his eyebrows at her. "Consider it done!" He said before the green bulb began to whir as he pressed the screwdriver to the doors.

"It's likely that they're the cause. The Autons have tried to gain control of this planet before," the Doctor said whilst unlocking the doors."Hopefully they haven't killed them and instead they've simply captured all the humans and placed them in a giant prison. They tend to keep the humans alive that they wish to duplicate. We may be able to get them back."

As the van doors opened a nearby ford fiesta exploded in a fiery cloud a the Autons let loose another barrage of rockets. Their heavy plastic feet stomped on the tarmac as they marched towards the fleeing pair. The Doctor pushed Robin into the van and jumped in beside her before pointing the screwdriver at the wheel.

"Come on you beauty, don't let me down. I don't want to be killed by overgrown ken dolls wearing Prada!" The Doctor spoke as the screwdriver let out an even higher pitched whirr. The van sprung to life with a loud roar and the Doctor let out a cry of triumph. "Beautiful! Now get us out of here Robin. And knock a few Autons down while you're at-"

The glass of the van suddenly shattered with a loud bang as something struck the center of the glass. The Doctor ducked as shards of glass sprayed over him and Robin, but he didn't stay down for long. Not when he heard the sound of heavy armored footsteps against rough tarmac.

"Oh...now that's interesting," the Doctor spoke as he looked out from the gigantic hole in the windscreen. Approaching them in a fast military job, were five short humanoid figures in blue armor. They each carried huge black rifles that seemed just a little two big for them to hold in their pudgy three fingered hands and their heads were covered by dome like helmets with semicircular eye holes.

"What the heck are the Sontarans doing here?" The Doctor asked with wonder as he watched the alien stop and take aim.

"Sontarans! Take aim!" The leader spoke in a gruff but formal voice before the platoon took aim at their van.

"Never mind, I guess that will be one of life's great mysteries. ROBIN, PUNCH IT!" The Doctor roared a the Sontarans prepared to open fire. For a moment it seemed as if the brutes would vaporise them instantly, but before they could fire a shot one of the soldiers pointed past them and let out a cry.

"Leader! The plastic dolls have been sighted! Permission to open fire?" The soldier asked eagerly. The Leader of the group seemed to consider the request before nodding and pointing past the van at the approaching Autons, who were now holding their hand cannons high in the direction of the new threat.

"Sontarans! Open fire!" The Leader barked and the platoon let fourth a burst of red hot death from their alien weapons. The car park became filled with the sound of battle, explosions rattled the van as the Autons rockets and the Sontarans laser blasts struck the cars caught in the crossfire.