Welcome to The Salem Institute of Magic! - [ Recruiting!! Adults now Open!!][HP]

Started by Codexa, April 15, 2016, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebelle

Hello wonderful people,

We are still looking for more players if you are interested in joining.

Here is all the necessary information. such as: the theme of the game, how to make a character, the discussion of houses and the sort.

We are not accepting: Seers, Veela, Werewolves, or Metamorphmagus currently at this time as they have been capped.  We also are not accepting Hogwarts transfer students.  We are still accepting Animagus. 

Our big book of information

Our accepted characters

Our face claims

And we are now in the aftermath of our first event!

Just because we have finished our first event does not mean we are not still seeking more players, come and join the fun!

Please feel free to contact Codexa, RegretNot, Rebelle if you have any questions, or feel free to ask them here.

[Updated with: Event thread, new face claim thread, new moderator announcement, special slots still available.]

Rebelle

Hello all -

I am placing this here, but we will also be adding this to the front page of our recruitment.

Due to having a rather large number - House Andover Juniors are going to be capped. 

So far the rest of the playable grades are available, as well as other juniors in other Houses.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

Lynnie

Amy Adams reserved for Lynnie

Hi, Josh Archnam kinda twisted my arm to bring me here and well I guess I am just curious what you are looking for as far as characters and if you are still wanting folks.

InnocentSynn

Quote from: Lynnie on June 22, 2016, 07:50:46 PM

Hi, Josh Archnam kinda twisted my arm to bring me here and well I guess I am just curious what you are looking for as far as characters and if you are still wanting folks.

I did not twist your arm.......at least not literally.

Rebelle

Hi there!  We're always wanting more folks.  We're looking for all types of characters to be quite honest!  Quodpot players, JATC members, regular students, newspaper writers, artists, musicians, actors/actresses.  You name it, we have a place for it!   Take a peek through at our links on the beginning of this thread, and if you have any questions feel free to send us messages, we love them.

Let your fancy take flight!

Also welcome to the game!

Lady Sakura

*Pounces Lynnie*

Lynnie!! So glad to see you.

Great choice on face claim!

Ceralilly

Welcome Linnie!

Our GM will contact you soon and let you know what we are full up on, that way you don't end up working on something that we can't currently accept. As Josh might tell you we are full in the Psycho genre. LOLOL

We cant wait to see your CS!

Make sure you send it to the whole staff team:

Codexa, Ceralilly, Rafiki23. RegretNot, and Rebelle.
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Lynnie

Hello Ceralilly, and I can do that once a GM contacts me. I haven't started on anything other than my face claim as I am in love with her look lately. Nope not a Psycho kinda character maker. Think more of a girl who thinks the world is rainbows and butterflies. >.> I love my happy naive girls.

RegretNot

Update!

Salem should be entering big game status in the coming days and has just closed on it's first month in character.  That isn't to say that it's too late for new characters to join in because there are still plenty of special character slots open (1 male werewolf, 2 animangus, 2 half veela) and plots to be joined.  Our community is very welcoming to connections and getting new players in to experience an American world of wizarding.  There will be an upcoming adult game coming to Salem in the next few months as the school game progresses.  If you have questions do not hestitate to pm Codexa, Rebelle, and RegretNot.  If you have an idea fill out a CS and send it in, staff is usually in touch in 48 hours or less.  We look forward to hearing from you. 

Summary of September:  Ferry Ride to school was attacked by a dark wizard sect known as scourers, a few students and villagers died.  As school got into session, Quodpot (the american wizarding sport of choice) had tryouts for the school team.  There was a festival at the end of the month to try to pick up the spirits of the student body and it seemed to have worked complete with a movie night, bachelor auction for charity, and a bonfire concert. 

Game updates:  Mechanics for Quodpot / Quidditch have been made so players can roll and then write inside the house and school games.  Dueling system in the works.  These mechanics are there to help players know what their characters can and will do in the scenes or events of roleplay inside the game.  Timeline for the world in the works as well as expanded information for the adult game that is coming soon.  Working on a personal storyline request thread. 

What to expect in October: Quodpot games both house and school teams, Quidditch Tryouts, Halloween Events, JATC drill event, the Dueling Club's first meeting other plots lurking in the background.  A drop in temperature and a lot of fun drama. 

Aida Rose

This looks awesome. I'm interested in making a female half veela.

RegretNot

Aida Rose

Oh yeah, I've been looking through those. I'll PM character info when I know stuff. The tracker page's really pretty.

Rebelle

Quote from: Aida Rose on July 22, 2016, 09:37:24 PM
Oh yeah, I've been looking through those. I'll PM character info when I know stuff. The tracker page's really pretty.

Awesome!

So glad to see you!

If you have any questions at all - please don't hesitate to ask, we'll be more than happy to answer any and all questions that you might have! 

Do you happen to have a face claim in mind currently?  If so I will be more than happy to reserve it for you!

Also welcome! ^.^

Aida Rose

Oh yeah, here it is! Sharam Diniz reserved for Aida Rose

Thanks for the welcome x)

MistressofPen

Quote from: Aida Rose on July 22, 2016, 10:27:39 PM

Hi!  A familiar face!  Welcome.

Rebelle

Quote from: Aida Rose on July 22, 2016, 10:27:39 PM

All righty!  Your face claim has been reserved!

Can't wait to see what you come up with! 

Feel free to PM with any questions, suggestions, etc etc if you have any

^.^

Rebelle

Quick game update:

There is now only 1 1/2 Veela slot open up. 

However, just because it isn't available now doesn't mean it won't be available in the future.  So come and take a look see. 

RegretNot

Salem Institute of Magic has made big game status, so we encourage any and all to give us a try, we will have much more room now to expand and to keep new and fresh things happening in the game.  If you think you might have as much as a rough idea or a concept that might take shape, feel free to pm the GMs (Codexa, Rebelle, and myself). 

Rebelle

Quick Game Update - at this time our Veela slots have all be filled up.

This will change - however, once we open up the adult game. 

We are still recruiting however, if anyone is interested in joining, feel free to hit us up :)  We're here to answer any and all questions that you may have. 

Rebelle

Hey guys!

The Salem Institute of Magic has been chugging along in these past few months since our last update.  On our last update we stated that we have achieved big game status – and now we have even bigger exciting news!

Since the very moment that this game was being built – we wanted to offer more than just the standard fare of a Harry Potter school setting.  It had been mentioned a few times here and there our ultimate goal was to open up an Adult section within the game.  Well that time has indeed come.  As we have shifted over to a new month, November 2017 – we have also opened up adults for players to be able to make and play.   Whilst people are still encouraged to make students of Salem, they are also encouraged to come and make a wizard or witch in an American setting based on the world of JK Rowling and Harry Potter.

You can find all pertinent information for the adult characters Here.

Not only will you find character creation information – but also information pertaining to specific groups within the game that are for adults only. 

Don’t forget to read the latest article in the Aegis the ultimate newspaper for American Wizards and Witches.   There’s been a break out of Damocles’ Spine – the treacherous prison for the most dastardly of criminals.   How will the wizarding world react?!

The students of Salem are currently enjoying the Halloween Masquerade Extravaganza come see what the students have decided to dress themselves as Here.

Additional Links

OOC thread

Accepted adults section

Accepted students section

Student Creation Information

Announcement Thread

Notable NPCs

Face Claims

Mechanics Central

Now is the perfect time to join – a fun laid back group.  If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask, the GM team and those lovely people who have made this game fantastic will be more than happy to assist.  As always we are open to LBGTQ characters.

~Rebelle

Original Recruitment Post

Vael the Destroyer

RegretNot

Vael the Destroyer