Enthusiastic Newbie girl looking for a group to join.

Started by VictoriaFox, October 04, 2016, 08:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictoriaFox

I am new to the online role-playing. I don't yet know much about systems and so on. Still I played quite some real-life RPGs with boards and stuff. Non- adult yet, but I am really happy to change this little detail.

I tend to keep my characters quite similar to my real nature. I don't want to fix a totally new me in here, but rather extend my real self in the games. Therefore I only play female characters with usually submissive/naive/simple personality. I am also rather strictly holding to human being for myself, although there is no problem for me if other players prefer to make their characters of other races or species.

I am fine playing with the use of dices and complex systems, and games with mostly free rules.

I am also interested in playing supportive / minor role (mind that it's not a must, just one of the options) - where 98% of events and story is decided by other player(s) with me being of course very active in writing BUT mostly following the decisions of others. I think I could be be a good fit in scenario where other players compete for something, while I do some supporting role, without directly trying to beat anyone. Other examples I can see myself in: a group's mascot, a servant at some castle, and so on.
I have no problem with the game being focused on other players more than on me.

I would prefer to play in a group, but I am not saying no to 1 on 1 games.
I am perfectly fine playing with both mixed genders or all male characters with me staying as the only female. For the time being I'd rather skip 100% female build of the party.

Some settings I like are:
* typical fantasy with knights, kings and so on.
* post-apocaliptic: zombie or fallout stuff.
* real world - school, working place, camp.

If my somehow messed up description caught your attention and you think I would be a decent fit to your new or on-going project let me know here or through a PM and I will be sure to check the project out ;)

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: VictoriaFox on October 04, 2016, 08:51:30 PM
I am also interested in playing supportive / minor role (mind that it's not a must, just one of the options) - where 98% of events and story is decided by other player(s) with me being of course very active in writing BUT mostly following the decisions of others. I think I could be be a good fit in scenario where other players compete for something, while I do some supporting role, without directly trying to beat anyone. Other examples I can see myself in: a group's mascot, a servant at some castle, and so on.
With that alone, you could be almost a dream player in several genres ;D!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Muse

Pleased to meet you, Victoria. 

If I'd seen this 3 days ago I would have had some brand new games to drag you into. 

Would you like to try a story taht's just recently started? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

VictoriaFox

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on October 12, 2016, 05:09:16 PM
With that alone, you could be almost a dream player in several genres ;D!

Glad to hear that and I would honestly love to try the role you quoted from my post ;)

ZameRagues

Quote from: VictoriaFox on October 04, 2016, 08:51:30 PM
I am new to the online role-playing. I don't yet know much about systems and so on. Still I played quite some real-life RPGs with boards and stuff. Non- adult yet, but I am really happy to change this little detail.

I tend to keep my characters quite similar to my real nature. I don't want to fix a totally new me in here, but rather extend my real self in the games. Therefore I only play female characters with usually submissive/naive/simple personality. I am also rather strictly holding to human being for myself, although there is no problem for me if other players prefer to make their characters of other races or species.

I am fine playing with the use of dices and complex systems, and games with mostly free rules.

I would prefer to play in a group, but I am not saying no to 1 on 1 games.
I am perfectly fine playing with both mixed genders or all male characters with me staying as the only female. For the time being I'd rather skip 100% female build of the party.

Some settings I like are:
* typical fantasy with knights, kings and so on.
* post-apocaliptic: zombie or fallout stuff.
* real world - school, working place, camp.

If my somehow messed up description caught your attention and you think I would be a decent fit to your new or on-going project let me know here or through a PM and I will be sure to check the project out ;)

Hello there

I am about to start a group system game using Anima Beyond Fantasy (D10 system), I have three other players so far (2 female characters/1 male). We would be using Roll20, and so far it looks like we'd be playing friday afternoons, exact times haven't been set just yet. The setting is fantasy, knights, magic, evil things, and other extraordinary beings. You'd be free to play whatever role you'd like, mascot, servant, your choice. My game will be driven by the parties decisions with little nudges from me towards the side quests to keep things going and interesting. Human is the only race available. Skies the limit really, and both me and my players can help you create your character. I can help with the books as well.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os