So, I just watched Claymore.

Started by Shadowclaw, October 31, 2013, 02:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowclaw

Its free on Hulu if anyone is curious.

http://www.hulu.com/claymore

I liked the story, most of the characters, the action, and the concept. It kept me entertained. Some of the women are pretty damn hot without going over the top, like with a lot of other animes. Teresa was my favorite. :D RAWR! There was also just enough somewhat tasteful nudity so it doesn't feel like a kid's anime show, which was nice. All in all I liked it. I only had a few problems with it. Their reactions to an emotional situation sometimes felt forced and really unnatural. There was this one moment where the characters talking are upset, and instead of reacting normally to the situation, they start explaining how they're feeling like they've had a week to reflect on it... even though its happening at that very second. Didn't like that.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Rocky also bugged me. His personality and his voice acting rubbed me the wrong way and I felt like his character was annoying and unnecessary after they parted ways, right before the fight with Ophelia. I get it, the point of his character was to keep the protagonist grounded and save her from herself, but in the end it wasn't even him who saved her, but another supportive character. At that point, Rocky was more or less just in the way and got the character who saved Clair, killed So what was the point of sending rocky all the way north? To reintroduce Priscilla in her confused mentally deteriorated state? I feel like there could have been other, better ways they could have done that.

ofDelusions

If you liked Claymore anime, then read the manga.  The reason the ending does not make sense IIRC was because the manga wasn't finished with Pieta yet when anime was made. The Manga's ending of Pieta arc makes much more sense.

Shadowclaw

I don't really read manga to be honest. Its always a rip off where I live or there's just a really crappy selection. This state likes to think its modern and progressive, but its not.

Shadowclaw

Yeah... I could order it online, but what's the fun in that? I'd rather pick it up so I can look at it and flip through it to make sure I like it. It should be a tactile experience. You know? Maybe one day I'll order it if there's a good price on it. But right now I'm more into DC and low on cash.