Guardians of the Flame

Started by Midnite, March 03, 2007, 07:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

I've been thinking of joining a more "group" based game and was wondering if anyone was interested in GMing/playing a game similar to the Guardians of the Flame scenario.

For those who don't know, Guardians of the Flame is a fantasy novel about a group of role-players who are transported into the world and bodies of the very game they were playing.

In GOF, they actually become the specific characters they were playing in a DND type game, but the idea of shifting worlds to allow different character types and genres would be a lot of fun too, I think.

Just an idea. I'm just looking for something versatile that doesn't rely heavily on system dynamics and allows for some good character/ plot development.

Sexy is a plus, lol.

HairyHeretic

Hey, I remember reading those. Man, thats going back a while now.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Praxis

Wow...I haven't read that series in years.

<--- misses Karl Cullinane

I have access to E. again so...if this gets up and running, give me a shout.  I'd play.

thymoit

Right there with you Ender.  The series lost its focus for me when Karl Cullinane died.

I did play in a Champions game like where we became our characters, it didn't get very far.  I'd be interested in playing in a game like this.  I think it has lots of potential.  If someone wants to GM, I'd be interested.

Praxis

I definitely, definitely don't have the time to GM although my brain was percolating all sorts of ideas and scenarios last night.

We could run something with a party that was parallel with Cullinane's demise.

Another group of people sent into the fantasy world, to find the individuals that went missing.  I haven't read it in ten years so my memories of actual logistics is a bit foggy.

Once the new party is in their fantasy personas and trying to come to grips with the changes physically, as well as being in a strange world.

The search for Karl Cullinane could begin?

Anyway...back to work, but hopefully I planted a few seeds.

Midnite

Now we're rolling. I wondered if everyone thought the idea was too wacked, or had tried it before, got burned and was too wary to try again.

I'd think that actually following Cullinane would be too limiting to those who hadn't read the series, and maybe even to those of us who it has been years since we read it. But we could use the same premise. Maybe some other college kids speculated what Karl's group did and try to repeat the process. Maybe ending up in an entirely different "game" dimension.

Anyway, would love to see it happen. Hope someone would be interested in GMing and we can go from there.

As for me, it Karl's Day Off. No work. No work. No GMing. No work. It's Karl's Day Off. Heh.