A Throne Sundered (Interest Thread)

Started by Dukat, October 23, 2011, 05:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dukat

The kingdom of Medria has ascended to the lofty heights of the greatest power on the continent, but behind the front of its mighty armies, illustrious court and wealthy lands is a country with deep internal divisions that belie its outward strength. While the king is nowhere near as astute as his glorious forefathers, his queen, who rules with beauty, grace, and the occasional ruthlessness, has ensured that her husband's lands have thrived and enemies within and without properly subdued. However, despite all her power, she cannot secure Medria's future; her only child, the Crown Princess, has come of age, and whichever great lord or prince has her hand will surely undo her mother's life's work as he subverts the throne for his own narrow gain. And, to complicate matters, a handsome wandering knight has caught the eye of both the queen and the princess, a matter which has not escaped the notice of certain plotters in the court who would manipulate the attraction for their own ends...

Updated: Our queen has dropped out, so we are looking for a new one.

Roles:
The Treacherous Love Triangle
The Queen- AVAILABLE
The Princess- (satinanddaggers)
The Knight- (Dukat)

The Court
Advisor (TBA)- (Pendarious)
(If you would like to be a part of the court, I am entertaining suggestions.)

I really like mature, intricate plots and intrigue, so having the queen and the princess easily figuring out what they have been up to and then reconciling without any fuss would defeat such a purpose; suspicion, jealousy, and estrangement between both of them should be major factors, if not the central focus, of such a story, alongside the actual romantic relationships themselves. They may come to an accomodation eventually, or they may not, and there will be certain factors working towards the former to make such a situation even more difficult than it would be already.

In any case, I look forward to playing out a realistic, dramatic, and fun group RP with a good plot! :)

Foxy DeVille

This sound really interesting! I'd be up for the role of the Queen.

Dukat

Glad to hear it. :) If you could, could you post a physical character description (even a brief summary would do), so that whoever plays the princess would have some idea as to family resemblance?

Foxy DeVille

Dukat

pendarious

have need of any advisors or captain of the royal guard? I could do either one.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Dukat

Quote from: pendarious on October 24, 2011, 03:33:00 PM
have need of any advisors or captain of the royal guard? I could do either one.

I hadn't planned on it, but sure, I will PM you in a bit.

satinanddaggers

Ummm Yes please!! I'd be willing to take on the role of Princess.

Dukat

Dukat

Queen has dropped out, looking for a new one.