News:

Main Menu

E3 2015

Started by Sasquatch421, June 15, 2015, 10:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Quote from: consortium11 on June 25, 2015, 12:37:18 PM
In Fallout 1, 2 and 3 the engine and devs basically couldn't handle rainfall without tanking performance. They handwave it somewhat by saying that immediately after the war there was 90 days of heavy nuclear rainfall which killed everything and ever since it's been a nuclear summer. As far as I can remember the only time rain is seen in the Fallout universe is in Honest Hearts where there is actually some rain.

Okay, I only played just a teeny bit of Honest Hearts by accident (I wasn't sure if I could come back to the Mojave from there so I had to stop) but didn't see any rain, that'll be something to look forward to once I get to that point. I'm just saying, Fallout has the perfect excuse for not programming in rain, as it would be murderously bad for anyone caught out in it. They'd have radiation sickness in minutes (and I'm talking in-game minutes, not real-world minutes).

But it would be fun for things like quicksand, strong winds and such to be part of the games too, just to make things interesting. Maybe a water cannon or something that certain places will have that hostiles can shoot at you. I like unconventional weapons and non-sentient threats sometimes too.

Also, don't know if this was from E3 but this was just too good not to make known:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5sJrLw6X0o
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

wander

QuoteKind of a tragic way to turn me off of the series but I'm not skipping any games where the story is that complex. Or does it matter, those of you who are MGS fans?

V is the continuation of the story started in Metal Gear Solid 3, which is a prequel set in the mid 60s. Whilst there are some nods to what would develop in the present, you don't lose anything for not knowing that.

The story continues to Peace Walker, set 10 years later in the mid-70s. Its hard to recommend it to a non-MGS fan because of its availability, it's on the PSP with fiddly controls or vastly improved on the home consoles, but included in the HD collections and Legacy Collections. That said, I firmly believe Peace Walker HD and using console controls is worth the price of the HD collection alone (you get MGS2 and MGS3 in there too, along with the original MSX games of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 in the MGS3 menu). The collection can be bought for cheap fairly easy these days (around £20), bear in mind it has effectively five games on it.

Snake's story basically ran from MGS1, 2 and 4.
The games also detail Big Boss' story, which is all set before MGS1; MGS3, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes and it will end in MGS5, showing how he becomes the villian shown in the original Metal Gear on the MSX.

I'd recommend anyone who wants in on MGS5 to grab the HD collection for as cheap as they can and concentrate the most on MGS3 and Peace Walker. I'm fairly sure Ground Zeroes is now free on certain networks too and this acts as a 'pre opening credits Bond mission' for the rest of MGS5.

Mathim

Quote from: wander on June 25, 2015, 09:51:49 PM
V is the continuation of the story started in Metal Gear Solid 3, which is a prequel set in the mid 60s. Whilst there are some nods to what would develop in the present, you don't lose anything for not knowing that.

The story continues to Peace Walker, set 10 years later in the mid-70s. Its hard to recommend it to a non-MGS fan because of its availability, it's on the PSP with fiddly controls or vastly improved on the home consoles, but included in the HD collections and Legacy Collections. That said, I firmly believe Peace Walker HD and using console controls is worth the price of the HD collection alone (you get MGS2 and MGS3 in there too, along with the original MSX games of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 in the MGS3 menu). The collection can be bought for cheap fairly easy these days (around £20), bear in mind it has effectively five games on it.

Snake's story basically ran from MGS1, 2 and 4.
The games also detail Big Boss' story, which is all set before MGS1; MGS3, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes and it will end in MGS5, showing how he becomes the villian shown in the original Metal Gear on the MSX.

I'd recommend anyone who wants in on MGS5 to grab the HD collection for as cheap as they can and concentrate the most on MGS3 and Peace Walker. I'm fairly sure Ground Zeroes is now free on certain networks too and this acts as a 'pre opening credits Bond mission' for the rest of MGS5.

Okay, you've talked me out of it. I'll just read the plot descriptions on wikipedia. I don't really have the patience for those kind of stealth games anyway.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SinXAzgard21

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-e3-2015/

Interview with Tetsuya Nomura, the last question he answers, I feel confirms the old ATB system being gone.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Mathim

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 27, 2015, 10:14:04 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-e3-2015/

Interview with Tetsuya Nomura, the last question he answers, I feel confirms the old ATB system being gone.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

That totally ruins the suspense in the concluding battle with Sephiroth while Cloud's Limit Break meter builds up so he can Omnislash that fucker.

Why remake a JRPG if you're going to turn it into something that's not a JRPG?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 08:37:36 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

That totally ruins the suspense in the concluding battle with Sephiroth while Cloud's Limit Break meter builds up so he can Omnislash that fucker.

Maybe it will mesh well with the other changes they are making? Lets give these guys some credit they are the ones working on it.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 08:37:36 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

FF has been trying to break away from the classic turn base genre on the newer consoles. You will see that they have more and more push the combat systems in different directions. 10 > below were still turn base.
Twelve(or eleven or whichever one that was the last PS2 one) & Thirteen were a bit more quick action turn base.

Some later generations of Thirteen were bit more live action.
Final Fantasy Type 0 is live action.
The demo of the newest FF(amazing combat by the way) that came with the day 1 edition of Type 0 is fully live action.

It is only safe to assume that FFVII remade will be live action, it would not make sense for outdated turn base mechanics to fall on a new gen console.

Edit: Though I think Square Enix needs to get its game making priorites straight. Between KH3, FF(whatever the name is for it, it has change from so many different names, Versus, is that still the title) and FFVII being remastered, I doubt any of them will be coming soon if the creator keeps flip flopping around.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Mathim

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 28, 2015, 09:58:19 AM
Maybe it will mesh well with the other changes they are making? Lets give these guys some credit they are the ones working on it.

It's not an HD remake if they're changing way more than just the graphics. It's going to be an entirely different game so they can't very well call it Final Fantasy VII, can they? That's all I'm saying. The way the game was before was practically perfect. Changing the soul of the game doesn't feel faithful.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 11:29:20 AM
It's not an HD remake if they're changing way more than just the graphics. It's going to be an entirely different game so they can't very well call it Final Fantasy VII, can they? That's all I'm saying. The way the game was before was practically perfect. Changing the soul of the game doesn't feel faithful.

Maybe they will remake it into what it was going to originally be

QuoteSeries creator Hironobu Sakaguchi originally planned for the story to take place in New York in the year 1999, and as such, the original script of Final Fantasy VII, which was written by Sakaguchi, was completely different from the finished product. Tetsuya Nomura recalled how Sakaguchi "wanted to do something like a detective story." The first part of the story involved a "hot blooded" character named "Detective Joe" who was in pursuit of the main characters, after they had blown up the city of Midgar, which had already been developed for the story.[37] The final scenario was written by Kazushige Nojima and Yoshinori Kitase, based on the story by Sakaguchi and Nomura.[38] Masato Kato was brought into the project later and wrote three scenes for the game.[39]

:3

I want to play as Detective Joe.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

SinXAzgard21

Final Fantasy 15 is basically running through an open beta with their demo.  Currently it has just been updated adding more content and updates in which SE took from the community. 

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 11:29:20 AM

It is a remake if they are changing things, remaster would not be involve changing anything.

Combat to the game was not the soul, saying that means that the story was utter shit and even by then the combat was dated.  Legend of Dragoon and Legend of Legaia had much better combat and the Tales Of series is a JRPG and has had action combat from the start.  Standing in a line is dated and I feel the only one that really pulls it off anymore is the Persona series as you have a lot to do other than mash X like in FFVII. 

If you want the original combat they are remastering the PC port for PS4, you'll be blocky Cloud and stand in a line.  This is a Remake of the entire game, Nomura plans on keeping all of the story elements and silly things that happen in the game, but the combat must change to bring in a new audience.   Lets face it, this isn't because the fans wanted it, this is going to print a lot of money out.

Mathim

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 28, 2015, 01:06:15 PM
Final Fantasy 15 is basically running through an open beta with their demo.  Currently it has just been updated adding more content and updates in which SE took from the community. 

It is a remake if they are changing things, remaster would not be involve changing anything.

Combat to the game was not the soul, saying that means that the story was utter shit and even by then the combat was dated.  Legend of Dragoon and Legend of Legaia had much better combat and the Tales Of series is a JRPG and has had action combat from the start.  Standing in a line is dated and I feel the only one that really pulls it off anymore is the Persona series as you have a lot to do other than mash X like in FFVII. 

If you want the original combat they are remastering the PC port for PS4, you'll be blocky Cloud and stand in a line.  This is a Remake of the entire game, Nomura plans on keeping all of the story elements and silly things that happen in the game, but the combat must change to bring in a new audience.   Lets face it, this isn't because the fans wanted it, this is going to print a lot of money out.

Replaying the game when you know the story backwards and forwards mean it's the combat and stuff that keeps you around. There's something addicting about mastering Materia and learning all the limit breaks. And every time I see a PS3 version of something that came out on the PS2 originally in an 'HD' version, like Jak & Daxter collection, Final Fantasy X/X-2, or even Kingdom Hearts 1.5, I feel bummed that the greatest game I've ever played never got that. Now that it's due, they're seemingly taking way too many diverging paths. I want to feel like I'm playing the same game. This won't let me do that. I'm not into RPGs because of what they're doing with them now. I'm into them because of what they were and what I feel made them great.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 01:14:03 PM
Replaying the game when you know the story backwards and forwards mean it's the combat and stuff that keeps you around. There's something addicting about mastering Materia and learning all the limit breaks. And every time I see a PS3 version of something that came out on the PS2 originally in an 'HD' version, like Jak & Daxter collection, Final Fantasy X/X-2, or even Kingdom Hearts 1.5, I feel bummed that the greatest game I've ever played never got that. Now that it's due, they're seemingly taking way too many diverging paths. I want to feel like I'm playing the same game. This won't let me do that. I'm not into RPGs because of what they're doing with them now. I'm into them because of what they were and what I feel made them great.

The only point they are currently taking away is the standing in a line and jumping to an enemy then back to their spot.  The original is there if you want to play the same game.  Story is going to be the same, cross-dressing Cloud will most likely be there. 

Drake Valentine

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 28, 2015, 01:19:14 PM
The only point they are currently taking away is the standing in a line and jumping to an enemy then back to their spot.  The original is there if you want to play the same game.  Story is going to be the same, cross-dressing Cloud will most likely be there.

http://nerdreactor.com/2015/06/22/cross-dressing-ffviis-cloud/

SinXAzgard21

Drake Valentine

Any who, actually looking forward to Disgaea 5 hitting US. Least it will always be tactical turn base.

Game Demo showing off some of the unit skills

Edit: Also is it me or does the main dude look a bit like Laharl?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 28, 2015, 01:37:42 PM
Any who, actually looking forward to Disgaea 5 hitting US. Least it will always be tactical turn base.

Game Demo showing off some of the unit skills

They have a collector edition with a bunch of physical goodies.

Mathim

Any news of a real, non-handheld sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics on the horizon?

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Mathim on June 28, 2015, 05:11:21 PM
Any news of a real, non-handheld sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics on the horizon?

I rather see a sequel or remake to Ogre Tactics.

Inkidu

Honestly, I don't think Square has been successful in leaving the ATB/Turn format. I found 12 and 13 incredibly boring to have to play the battle systems. They were basically all the monotony of watching the same animation in the ATB/Turn format without the tactical reliability. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

Quote from: Inkidu on June 28, 2015, 05:50:12 PM
Honestly, I don't think Square has been successful in leaving the ATB/Turn format. I found 12 and 13 incredibly boring to have to play the battle systems. They were basically all the monotony of watching the same animation in the ATB/Turn format without the tactical reliability. :P

I don't know about their success, I just know I stopped playing any further FF games after X-2. Maybe if they changed the battle system in certain places, like in Gold Saucer's Battle Square or something, they could blend that in. Otherwise I like my turn-based commands.

Mikem

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 28, 2015, 01:37:42 PM

That scantily clad girl has revolver pistols that fire round bullets out of heart shaped barrels. Oh Anime, you know I love you.

I know Bethesda is putting all their effort into Fallout this time, but really I'm more interested in the Elder Scrolls. I could just go and buy Oblivion when I'm done with Skyrim, but I'd like to know if they have any future plans past their Tamriel Unlimited MMO. I'm not one for a massive multiplayer game, even if the Elder Scrolls is an awesome universe.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Inkidu

Bethesda doesn't work on ESO, that's Zennimax.

So yeah, Elder Scrolls VI is coming. Give it a year or two.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

Quote from: Inkidu on June 28, 2015, 09:00:04 PM
Bethesda doesn't work on ESO, that's Zennimax.

So yeah, Elder Scrolls VI is coming. Give it a year or two.

Once I get bored with Fallout New Vegas (fat chance) or at least finish with it to the point there's nothing left to unlock/accomplish, I'm popping in that Oblivion I just bought with all the DLC on the disc. If I like it enough I'll get Skyrim too. But for the moment I'm more jonesing for a new Fallout than a new Elder Scrolls.

Inkidu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RonqT9ZWLdk

This is for what I'm jonesing. :3

I need to kill aliens, I need to steal their stuff, I need to reverse engineer it, I need to repeat. *scratches arm*

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Inkidu on June 28, 2015, 09:59:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RonqT9ZWLdk

This is for what I'm jonesing. :3

I need to kill aliens, I need to steal their stuff, I need to reverse engineer it, I need to repeat. *scratches arm*

I really hope we get to get an alien switch over to our side, maybe like Sectoids who are considered obsolete by the Ethereals. And that's how they can justify Human/Sectoid hybrids in a future game, like in Xcom Apocalypse.