The Children of Mother Earth (open recruitment)

Started by mj2002, July 31, 2013, 05:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idachan

Starcry, don't be too surprised if I start humping your leg suddenly. Monty Python has that effect on me... I think I'll go browse some for a bit...

Inari

I don't mind being humped. ;D

Be sure to look up arguments. XD

Tamhansen

Arguments for humping your leg?

Hmm well I can think of a few.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

SugarAndSpice

mj2002

Quote from: oceanspool on September 03, 2013, 04:11:28 PM
It'll be interesting to see if the diplomats argue about how to get on with the natives xD

Any timeline on when we might start, mj? =D
I'll be having more time to spend on this project when this weekend arrives. I'll be sending out some private messages to people with instructions and/or suggestions on issues that may need to be resolved before we start. Keep an eye out on your inbox in the coming days.

Scribbles

Quote from: mj2002 on September 03, 2013, 02:44:23 PM
This looks great! Accepted.
I'm not sure where they'll be staying. I suppose this is something we find out along the way. Do consider the possibility that they might just stay on board though. You never know right?

True, would it be okay if I left the location ambiguous for the start then, at least while I try lure our Badener friends...

On a separate issue, could I ask what the posting pace will be like, will there be some form of structure or will it be a free-for-all? I'm asking because I'm not sure if I'll be able to cope with the latter.

Quote from: Katataban on September 03, 2013, 04:05:49 PM
Yes, Ve Badeners are zivilised people. Ve could not Pozzibly ztay at zuch a hovel.

*Falls over backwards laughing*

Hovel? How dare you, you steam-reliant imperialist! For that little insult, I'll be sure that Anika appeals to the queen to have the Badeners punished by Thule's harshest sentence!

I'm not sure but I think that's a stern finger wagging, or maybe a four hundred word letter of apology.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

MagicalPen

I'm going camping today, so if I don't get eaten by a bear, or mountain lion, I'll be back in a little over 24 hours and hope to see some progress here!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

mj2002

Quote from: Scribbles on September 07, 2013, 10:43:54 AM
On a separate issue, could I ask what the posting pace will be like, will there be some form of structure or will it be a free-for-all? I'm asking because I'm not sure if I'll be able to cope with the latter.
I find it hard to predict. As mentioned in the opening post, I'd prefer it if people were able to post at least 3 times a week. I'm not sure if I'd want a set posting order, I'm open to input and suggestions on this point.

oceanspool

Quote from: MagicalPen on September 07, 2013, 10:50:53 AM
I'm going camping today, so if I don't get eaten by a bear, or mountain lion, I'll be back in a little over 24 hours and hope to see some progress here!

Have a fun, non-edible time! Hopefully we will have progressed!  :P

MagicalPen

Major thunderstorm rolled through, so I canceled! Will try sleeping in the hammock tonight though.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

oceanspool

MagicalPen

I set the hammock up in the backyard and didn't get wet despite the rainfall. Going to sleep out there tonight I think, to test it out. Can always come back in. Of course, E is so slow on the weekends, hardly anything to post to right now.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

oceanspool

I know, right. Good luck! Don't get eaten or rained on or struck by lightning! I'm off to bed! :D

Idachan

A couch fort!

I do miss sleeping outside in the summer, this year I've really been lamenting my lack of even a balcony.

Scribbles

Quote from: mj2002 on September 07, 2013, 04:38:10 PM
I find it hard to predict. As mentioned in the opening post, I'd prefer it if people were able to post at least 3 times a week. I'm not sure if I'd want a set posting order, I'm open to input and suggestions on this point.

Generally, I can post once per day but only when I know I have time to slow down and think. I've tried to RP with rapid posters before but it usually just forces me to drift away from the RP as the story sprints out of reach of my character. I'm not really sure what to suggest as I know how posting orders can lead to sudden blocks in play if RP'ers go missing.
AA and OO

Idachan

I agree that returning from a few hours offline and finding your character left in the dust created by a slew of posts is disheartening.

MagicalPen

No, not a couch fort. More like this:

And I am with Scribbles in regards to posting rate! I post when I can - some days I am spent and have no will, or off camping, etc.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

oceanspool

Is that your own photo? Nice! :D

Has anyone received a private message yet then? I'm quite anxious to get this started soon because I'm back at uni now and I'm going to be quite busy soon, same goes for a few others I think. :)

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

oceanspool

Ok well this seems to have totally gone down the drain :/

SugarAndSpice

Idachan

Scribbles

I hope everything is okay on mj's end...

I'm not sure if it matters but I'm going to be withdrawing from the RP.
AA and OO