Planescape: Discord in the Grey District (Pathfinder; Full)  

Started by TheKhan, December 20, 2012, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDoom

Sounds interesting! The race I'd be interested in isn't on the Planewalker website and it technically is from the 3.5 Forgotten Realms setting, but there's literally no reason why it shouldn't exist in others beyond them never having been introduced, but what would you say to a Fey'ri aka demonfey? Basically, the elven half-fiend that ... is actually more halfway between half-fiend and tiefling?

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Fey%27ri

I managed to find their statistics on dandwiki, here:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Fey-ri

I'll have to check if it's properly identical to the writeup in the Forgotten Realms books (it looks similar enough from what I remember), but I'll have to find and dig them out first. Which I'd rather avoid if the answer is a no either way.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Geeklet

No problem. Let me look over a few things, and I'll get back with ya, but if someone else comes along and fills that slot, feel free to start without me.

PhantomPistoleer

All right, Khan.

I have fixed a few things about my sheet.  I have 5gp left, and need to select the languages that he speaks.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Marie Reynolds

Hi just wanted to throw my hat in, if their isnt an open slot please feel free to through me on a waiting list cause planescape is an old favorite of mine.

Muse

Name:      Jillia Wild Warder
Race:      Bauriar
Alignment:   Chaotic Good
Faith:      Meilikki
Faction:   Society of Sensation
Class:      Barbarian 2
Height      6’9”
Weight:   669 lbs
Bust:      C
Skin:      Copper
Hair:      Barley
Eyes:      Cornflower Blue

Speed      50
Initiative   +2

Strength   18   +4
Dexterity   14   +2
Constitution   14   +2
Intelligence   12   +1
Wisdom   7   -2
Charisma   10   +0

Hit Points   28
--Berserk   32
--Wounds   0

Armor Class   15   (Hide Shirt Barding, Masterwork +3   Dexterity +2)
--Berserk   13

Saving Throws:  (+2 Will Saves against Spells and Spell Like Abilities)
Fortitude   3   +2
Reflex      0   +2
Will      0   -2

Spell Resistance   13

Base Attack   +2
--Melee   +6
--Missile   +4
--CMB      +6
--CMD      18

Attacks: 
Bastard Sword, Masterwork
--TAB      +7 (+9)
--Damage   d10+6 (+9)
--Critical   19X2

Dart, Masterwork
--TAB      +5
--Damage   d4+4
--Critical   20X2
--Range   20
--Amo      5

Hurling, Lesser (Must be berserk.) 
--TAB      +4 Touch
--Damage, 1 handed   2d6+6 (Reflex (17) ½.) 
--Damage, 2 handed   3d6+9 (Reflex (17) ½) 

Powerful Charge!  (This is a charge Maneuver.)
--TAB      +8
--Damage   2d6+6
--Critical   20X2
----Berserk
----TAB   +10
----Damage   2d6+9

Class Abilities: 
--Fast Movement
--Rage with Rage Powers
--Uncanny Dodge

Feats: 
--Alertness
--Quick Draw

Languages: 
Bauriar
Beastlands Common
Celestial
Planar Trade
Sylvan

Senses:  Darkvision 60’ (+2 Perception)

Skills: 
Acrobatics:      2   +3   +2   +0   =d20+7 (+15 Jump)
Climb:         2   +3   +4   +0   =d20+9
K. Nature:      1   +3   +1   +0   =d20+5
Perception:      2   +3   -2   +4   =d20+7
Sense  Motive      0   +0   -2   +2   =d20+0
Stealth         2   +3   +2   +0   =d20+7
Survival:      2   +3   -2   +0   =d20+3
Swim:         1   +3   +4   +0   =d20+8

Rage 8 Round/Day. 
Rage Powers: 
--Hurling, Lesser

Traits: 
--Sacred Touch:  As a standard action, may stabilize a creature with a touch. 
--Slippery (+1 Stealth, which is a class skill.)  (Learned this trait through hunting with thrown weapons and slings which require him to sneak close.) 

Backpack, Masterwork
Outfit, Explorer’s
Sash, Adventurer’s. 

Antitoxin X2
Crowbar
Cure Light Wounds Potion X2
Flint and Steel
Grapple
Mirror, Small Steel
Rope, Silk, 50’
Shovel
Soap X2
Sun Rod X6
Tools, Cook
Twine, 50 Foot Ball, X2

Gold: 
Platinum:   12
Gold      10
Silver      4
Copper      8

The Wild Warder bauriar clans native to the Beastlands are named for an oath they have taken to defend that Plane’s petitioners from raids by the lower planes. 
   Though a powerful young warrior, Jillia is a hot headed xenophile and has gotten her fellows into trouble on more than one occasion by picking fights when she should have run for help.  As a result, she has been sent to Sigil for a time, told there are things she must learn. 
   Always one to learn from experience and experience strange things Jillia has become a member of the Society of Sensation.  She is not particularly fanatical about their dogma, though the basic idea of experiencing all you can in  order to learn all you is a heartfelt belief of hers.   
   Having few skills that are applicable within a city, she’s looking for adventuring work—before her coin runs out and she has to fall back on hunting cranium rats for exterminator bounty! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

VonDoom

Ah, yes, I should probably mention: if my racial request goes through, I'll likely go for a Summoner.

O&O

TheKhan

Quick Update-

Von Doom: I'm okay with Fey'ri flavour wise but I don't like the states from Races, so I'd be rebuilding using the rules in the Advanced Races guide. If you want to start working on the character, it would be a +1 LA, with the same racial modifiers as the 3.5 Fey'ri, but I don't have time to work out the rest of the details. Also keep in mind that summoning is very difficult in Sigil, to the point most people think its impossible. There is a way around it, but until you figure it out, you'd be stuck with just your eidolon and unable to use summon spells.

Geeklet: No worries, thanks.

Marie: We've still got one spot, an arcane caster-type. I'm going to take the first person who gets a good character sheet up and running.

VonDoom

Ah, yes, I had forgotten about that -- did that apply to Conjuration Spells in general, or just proper Summon X-type spells?

Also, I'm not too familiar with Advanced Races. The things I'm most attached to besides the obvious elven and demon flavor that I'd really like in there are their wings and their alter self. The other SLAs, skill bonuses, etc., I really couldn't care less about. Though the wings aren't really necessary on their own since Alter Self, I believe, would allow to just grow them.

If those are the things you don't like, please say so -- I'll consider a different race, then. Those are somewhat intrinsic to their flavor as far as I'm concerned.

O&O

Muse

*chuckles*  I wonder if any of the fey ri fans out there have actually read the trilogy they feature in. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

VonDoom

I actually have the trilogy box and started on the first one. Alas, I found the actual writing rather ... well, sub-par and didn't continue.

O&O

Tydorei

still room? And also... Planeswalker.com takes me to some retarded site... i cant find the site your were referring too.

VonDoom

O&O

TheKhan

VonDoom: Should be doable, although alter self may end up as diguise self. We'll see. How the numbers turn out. Specifically, it is conjugations of the summoning subtype. If it exists in Sigil, it can be summoned within the city. If it doesn't, it can't. Spell Keys could be used in theory to make alternate summonmings possible, but next to no one has the keys.

Tydorei: Still space. We're looking for one Arcanist, and possibily one more.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

TheKhan

Well, its a moot point right now, because I want to make sure we have a fifth player, and we still have a couple of people who need to finish sheets. I'll touch base with everyone, but would people like to get rolling and have others just show up late? For this part at least, it shouldn't break willing suspension of belief.

Callie Del Noire

Anon315

I fail to see how you could have missed out on this, given his first sentence:
Quote from: TheKhan on December 27, 2012, 02:48:20 PM
because I want to make sure we have a fifth player

99% certain you can still get in if you'd like.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Anon315 on December 27, 2012, 03:04:32 PM
I fail to see how you could have missed out on this, given his first sentence:
99% certain you can still get in if you'd like.

Because I'm 6 hours from my books and won't be heading back till tonight.

TheKhan

Kimera

TheKhan

Depends on the race. Right now we're looking for an arcane caster.

Kimera

For a non-standard race in pathfinder, you look at the CR of the creature right?

TheKhan

Err, no. I'm using a combination of the Advanced Races Guide and Savage Species. And since we're second level party looking for an arcane caster, most monsters would be inappropriate for that role.

Kimera

Unless it is something with natural spellcasting maybe? ;D

I was thinking of the Ghaele savage species class, but they cast as a cleric  :-\