World of Darkness/Hotline Miami (Extreme interest check!)

Started by Angie, August 12, 2015, 07:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravinwulf

Quote from: Muse on August 13, 2015, 01:32:33 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Imsi3eCFQ698QKNNYpYnOZiXez1wzmHE-3MDNSM-pvo/edit?usp=sharing

The histroy in here is undergoing revisions.  Seems i've only been otu of the hedge a few months, and lving with a werewolf.  :)
Not like the wulf is complaining.. I mean......

Rook Seidhr

How much written background do you want along with our sheets, Angie? A paragraph? A page? NaNoWriMo?

Angie

Minimum at least a paragraph. But I know character histories are usually quite massive, the only reason I have a rule about a paragraph minimum is because I know once people start, they won't stop. There is no upper limit, but I will advise all writers to worry about the key things, events and people that shaped the character into what they are today, which is how I write my character backgrounds.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

ravinwulf

So jst to be clear, the group is fine if i play a werewolf, with the potential to fly into a blind rage of blood thirsty destructive potential?

Rook Seidhr

I trust Angie to manage blind rages of bloodthirsty TPK potential appropriately.

Angie

In the case of Death Rage, I tend to just grab the character, take control, and you wake up a few hours later covered in blood and wondering what the fuck you did.

ravinwulf

Better than my idea where depending on how close the wolf is to someone it can alter their response. Poor grub, his pelvis need like a month to recover after that feamle werewolf was set off by a underhanded bitch. I just didn't want to kill the party with this character as none really could stop her.

Marie Reynolds

I have no problems with werewolves.  I am sure we can find powers to pull you out of a rage if necessary.

Angie

This came up, so, here: I am allowing you to drop your Morality score for the extra XP at character creation. I do give a fair warning that if you go low enough to hit 0, I WILL be taking your character away.

Rook Seidhr

How many XP per dot is that? I was looking for exactly that info and couldn't find it.

EDIT: also, will we be allowed to make a new character and get back in the game, or is that the end?

Marie Reynolds

Well the cam or now know as the mind's eye society handled it as  for every point lowered you gain 3 experience but could go no lower then 5  morality trait.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Rook Seidhr

See, this is why I'm waiting on Angie.

EDIT: Unless someone can give me a page reference?

Rajah

Quote from: Muse on August 14, 2015, 08:56:40 AM
I thought it was five.

In New World of Darkness First Edition, it's 5xp per dot, to a minimum of 5 starting Morality stat. In New World of Darkness Second Edition, lowering an Integrity stat for XP isn't a thing, and several of them (Cover and Harmony at least) work very differently from normal anyway.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Marie Reynolds

VTR core book pages 92-93 explains the trade in humanity for exp.

Angie

It's 5 per dot down to 5 Morality. So you can get up to 10 XP.

Watch, everyone's going to start at 5 Morality now...

Marie Reynolds

Hmm if i go lost ill stay away from low clarity this time around. Though need to see if  ensorceling  mortals is a clarity sin.

Angie

According to the book, actively harming mortals is a Clarity 3 breaking point-and that's only if you ravage their dreams, apparently. Otherwise, it seems ensorcelling mortals is just fine-part of being half-Fae.

Marie Reynolds

Cool! Oh just so i know what is your ruling on dual kith?

Angie

Muse found an updated one for 2 points that doesn't demand Wyrd 2, so it's allowed.

Marie Reynolds

Oh they have an alternate choice for in seeming contract for darkilngs will you allow Contracts of Shade and spirit?

Angie

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 14, 2015, 01:04:25 PM
Oh they have an alternate choice for in seeming contract for darkilngs will you allow Contracts of Shade and spirit?

PM me about that. And realize that you guys have WAY more books then I do-I have just the core splats. Maybe a few others.

Marie Reynolds

Okay I will pm you. Do you prefer on Elliquiy or in Skype?

Angie