NWoD-Resident Evil interest check

Started by Miyu, August 27, 2011, 03:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kobrakid92

Ok, so nothing above three without bonus or flaw points. How do you get bonus or flaw points?

Miyu

You get 15 Bonus at the end of the character sheet creation process. The flaws its all depending on the flaw you take, each flaw gives you different points. If you want search online for "NWoD Flaw list"

kobrakid92

Alrighty then. Thanks for the help. I'll have my character sheet up asap. Also what do you want us to set our health, morality, and willpower at?

Miyu

Same as character sheet creation on the book, nothing its changed hehe

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=117593.msg5126642#new -info thread

5- Determine advantages, traits derived from your character's Attributes: Defense (the lowest of Dexterity
or Wits), Health (Stamina + Size), Initiative (Dexterity + Composure), Morality (7 for starting characters), Size
(5 for most humans), Speed (Strength + Dexterity +5), Willpower (Resolve + Composure).

Black Howling

Okay, this is starting to seem strange to me. I know New World of Darkness system rules very well. Are you using rules hacks from Mirrors that I don't know about, or is this included in some Eratta? It seems like Exalted character creation system spliced with WoD, and that sort of seems like what people have told me about OWoD...

I don't know old world at all, and don't own the books or anything. Hint? Is there something I overlooked in the first post, or am I just being a noob with the acronym?

Miyu

What do you mean? I am using the rules from the wod book I have so yea this is NWoD.

Black Howling

Quote from: Miyu on August 27, 2011, 11:40:11 PM
What do you mean? I am using the rules from the wod book I have so yea this is NWoD.
Bonus points, and flaws giving you extra freebies at character creation? Merits mentioned as backgrounds... That doesn't sound like the NWoD book I own. The way it's described is that flaws give you extra Exp in play if they come against you. The skills also aren't capped, and you have mentioned them as abilities.

I'm not trying to be problematic, I'm just confused. Does the book in the link look like your book? http://store.white-wolf.com/World-of-Darkness-Rulebook-P4978.aspx

If not, we're talking about different systems.

Miyu

oh yea hahaha I am mixing some stuff from the OWod in here. Bonus points are just extra xp I give out at character creation I always refer to them as Bonus points. I also like the flaw system, it will give you bonus xp to spend on your character sheet. Since this will not have any vampire, werewolf or stuff like that I made some changes to kinda make the character stand out more aka the flaws ^^

kobrakid92

Picture:
Name:Jamie Cassidy
Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/12715
Personality:Shy at first, loyal/protective, determined
Weapons: 12 gauge shotgun, 9mm pistol
Dislikes:Spiders, religion, selfishness, stubborn people
Limits:Scat, vore, vomiting
Bio: Jamie grew up being raised in a middle class family. His mother was a teacher and his father was a gun smith. When Jamie turned fifteen he got a part time job working with his father at the family owned gun shop. There Jamie learned how to fix guns, and even how to make homemade ammo.

Black Howling

Quote from: Miyu on August 27, 2011, 11:48:29 PM
oh yea hahaha I am mixing some stuff from the OWod in here. Bonus points are just extra xp I give out at character creation I always refer to them as Bonus points. I also like the flaw system, it will give you bonus xp to spend on your character sheet. Since this will not have any vampire, werewolf or stuff like that I made some changes to kinda make the character stand out more aka the flaws ^^
Gotcha. That makes sense. I'll check out the flaws, and the like. Sorry for being thick, just hadn't read about the changes yet. Not sure where I missed those. >_>

Anyway, I'll have the character done in the morning or later tonight. As is, I gotta go to bed. Thanks for explaining. I actually like straight up mortal games.

Miyu

No problemo glad that you understood ^^

Kobrakid- So far I see nothing wrong with the character, welcome. ^^

Starlequin

Finally finished...seems chargen always takes me forever, lol  ::)
Let me know how this fits...

Picture:

Name: Malcolm Mercer

Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/12717

*note* I seem to have accidentally spent a point on Socializing, and I can't get rid of it. So if necessary, just ignore that point and count it as empty.

Personality: Easily bored, reckless, smart-ass, compassionate and highly protective toward those he cares for

Weapons: Short, sheathed hunting knife, small lockpick

Likes: Computers, photography, old films, rock-climbing, road trips, his bike
Dislikes: Early mornings, housekeeping, ungrateful people, his bike breaking down, his little sister's usual taste in boyfriends
Limits: Scat, kids, guro

Bio: Malcolm has been a gearhead almost since birth, and has recently taken over his father's garage after the old man retired. His little sister Jesse is about to finish her first year at the state university, and their parents have asked Malcolm to take a ride up north to check on her. There have been some weird reports on Raccoon's local news websites about animal attacks and missing persons, and it's been almost a week since they've heard from Jesse. Mal figures she's just gotten involved with another loser boyfriend, but since he's just finished rebuilding his trustworthy(?) old Softail, he's more than happy to take a little road trip.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Miyu

to remove a point that you spent wrong simply doubleclick it and it should disappear.  I notice that you say in your background that you have a little sister however in your character sheet you did not put allies or retainer, does that mean that you don't want her to live or what you have planned for your sister?. I think the character looks good, fix that  point and you are approved. Also your pic does not work, fix it.

Starlequin

Haha, was working on the pic when you posted, sorry. As for Jesse, I haven't decided yet, but Im leaning towards finding her either dead or missing, so she won't affect much.

And, I apparently can't doubleclick on my phone's  touchscreen; it will have to wait until I can take my laptop into town to fix the point.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Miyu

Ixy:

On checking your character sheet I was aware of something. The points don't add up in your physical attributes. You have four on Dex and Stamina. With only 15 experience points that I gave you there is no way you can raise both of them. Remember this is NWod so the table to spend those points given its different, here is the table.

Attribute New dots x 5
Skill New dots x 3
Skill Specialty 3 points
Merit New dots x 2
Morality New dots x 3

Edit: Thinking about it, it is possible in a way to do it. However you will need to take five points minimum in flaws in order to archive that. Get five points in flaws and you are good to go ^^

Cold Heritage

Picture:
Name: Chris Smith
Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/12718?message=true
Personality: Reserved, ready to die, but not as calm and collected as he would like others to believe.
Weapons: Club (wood) [it's like a 2x4 or table leg or something he loots when stuff goes haywire]
Dislikes: Atheists, rich people, cucumbers
Limits: Gore, vore, human waste, being penetrated, lactation
Bio: Chris grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, and never got away from them. A high school drop-out, Chris spends his time playing pool and starting shit in bad places and with bad people. A punk, a petty thug, Chris has a criminal record and did time for assault, theft, and crimes of that nature.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Miyu

Approved- Two links placed on first post.

Muse

Picture:  http://images.zap2it.com/images/celeb-70324/carmen-electra.jpg
Name:  Kara Wooten
Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/12720?message=true
Personality:  An artsy tomboy, she loves nothing more than to play pants rolls in Shakespeare, especially Tibalt in Romeo and Juliet. 
Weapons: Rapier
Limits:
Bio: 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ixy

I tried to update my character today with the book in hand... wow, I had forgotten some changes.  I don't see where mortals get freebie points, so that reduces the possibility of any skill being above 3, I forgot we have 7 points of merits and that backgrounds no longer exist, and I forgot that flaws aren't assigned point values like they are in live-action; they're just selected, then provide bonus XP if they come up in game.  So I axed down the attributes and skills to baseline only.

Since the flaws aren't assigned point values in the WoD core book, can you tell me where to look for them?  Thanks!

Miyu

Ixy

Thanks, I withdraw my interest in the game.  Good luck guys, enjoy the game!

Black Howling

I'm afraid I might have to go the same route Ixy has. The mixing of the two systems for character creation has me uncomfortable. You guys have fun, and best of luck! It still looks great. :-)

Miyu

awwwww, Have fun both of you I guess ^^

Miyu

Miyu

Name: Jessica Johnson
Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/12733?message=true
Personality: She is a woman that its sure of herself, she does not like being made fun of or people who underestimate her. She always try to see things for the scientific point rather than the religious points. Having no faith she is the woman that relies on science in order to get her through the day.
Weapons: N/A
Likes: Science, Classical Music, Good Food, Sex, Relaxation
Dislikes: Chaos, rude people,  Gross stuff.
Limits: Scat,Gore,Vore,Bestiality
Bio:
She was born in Seattle, she was always a very smart woman and always get straight A's in school. Her parents being scientist with a very famous corporation around the world Umbrella. She was raised into science and her family thought her everything she needed to know ever since little. Once her parents died and she finished university she started working with the Umbrella corporation on their bio-weapons division. She always felt that doing the virus was a wrong thing to do, and she experience the outbreak first hand and she survived through a lot in the first hours of the infection.