News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Random Movie Quotes

Started by Lancis, March 22, 2007, 01:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurzyk

"It's a tough galaxy. If you wanna survive out here, you gotta know where your towel is." ~ Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Elohim

Southland Tales

Boxer Santeros:  My character... he realizes that the apocalyptic crime rate is because of global deceleration. The rotation of the earth is slowing down at a rate of point zero, zero, zero, zero, zero, zero, zero six miles per hour each day disrupting the chemical equilibrium in the human brain causing very irrational criminal behavior.

Krysta Now:  You know what, I like to get fucked, I like to get fucked hard. Okay, but you have to draw the line somewhere. I mean, violence is a big problem in our society today and I will not support it. That is the primary reason why I won't do anal.

Krysta Now:  We're a bisexual nation living in denial. All because of a bunch of nerds. A bunch of nerds who got off a boat in the 15th century and decided that sex was something to be ashamed of. All the Pilgrims did was ruin the American Indian orgy of freedom.

Boxer Santaros: Do you ever feel like there's a thousand people locked inside of you?
Roland Taverner: Sometimes.
Boxer Santaros: But it's your memory that keeps them glued together. Keeps all these people from fighting one another. Maybe in the end, that's all we have. The Memory Gospel

leelan

Lady: Look I think we got off on the wrong foot here.
Erin: That's all you got lady. Two wrong feet and f*ckin ugly shoes.

-Erin Brockovich

----------------------

Lone Starr: Water, Water...
Barf: *whimpers with tongue hanging out of his mouth*
Dot: Oil, Oil....
Vespa: Room Service, Room Service...

-Spaceballs

-Je suis belle, incroyable, sexy et un esclave. Je suis ce que vous désirez et vous le savez.-

OwenNo6

My favorite movie quote of all time

"There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father's love for his child." - Max Von Sydow in Conan the Barbarian
My On and Off list

My other on/off list

Let the Priests of the Raven of dawn, no longer in deadly black, with hoarse note curse the sons of joy. Nor his accepted brethren, whom tyrant, he calls free: lay the bound or build the roof. Nor pale religious letchery call that virginity, that wishes but acts not!

For every thing that lives is Holy.

Mithlomwen

"That is no mere Ranger, he is Aragorn, son of Arathorn....you owe him your allegiance."  - Legolas Greenleaf, Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

MusicNeverDies

A Life Less Ordinary

"Right you asshole, I've got your daughter here, and I'm gonna send her back in pieces if... OH! I'm sorry, madam! No, I haven't got your daughter here, I've got someone else's..... No, we're not married.... Yes, I've read the same thing, it's very hard to find suitable young men these days.... Well, I'm sure your daughter's very nice, in principle I've got no objection to meeting her..."

Ewan Mcgregor on the phone trying to get a ransom, I love the scene. This movie is so quirky.

Ohh ohh, and I had to add this. Also part of the ransom scene.

"Right, you daughter! I have your asshole here!"

jouzinka

I gotta say that one of Aestas' questions in the introductions thread made me recall one quote of Dean Winchester from Supernatural.

"You know, some people do pretty desperate things to get laid, but you CERTAINLY make the top of my list."
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Mordred

This is from my favorite comedy of all time... which I had a reminder of last night.

"Those aren't pillows!"
*See Pillory*

Transgirlenstein

Duck Soup

Rufus T. Firefly: Not that I care, but where is your husband?
Mrs. Teasdale: Why, he's dead.
Rufus T. Firefly: I bet he's just using that as an excuse.
Mrs. Teasdale: I was with him to the very end.
Rufus T. Firefly: No wonder he passed away.
Mrs. Teasdale: I held him in my arms and kissed him.
Rufus T. Firefly: Oh, I see, then it was murder. Will you marry me? Did he leave you any money? Answer the second question first.

Rufus T. Firefly: Awfully decent of you to drop in today. Do you realize our army is facing disastrous defeat? What do you intend to do about it?
Chicolini: I've done it already.
Rufus T. Firefly: You've done what?
Chicolini: I've changed to the other side.
Rufus T. Firefly: So you're on the other side, eh? Well, what are you doing over here?
Chicolini: Well, the food is better over here.

The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes

[about Madame Petrova]
Watson: They say twelve men have died for her.
Holmes: Really?
Watson: Six commited suicide, four were killed in duels and one fell out of the gallery of the Vienna Opera House.
Holmes: That's only eleven.
Watson: The man who fell from the gallery landed on top of another man in the orchestra.
Holmes: That makes an even dozen... in a messy sort of way.

Holmes is about to inject cocaine]
Watson: Where's your self-control?
Holmes: Fair question.
Watson: Aren't you ashamed of yourself?
Holmes: Thoroughly. This will take care of it.

Watson: Holmes, let me ask you a question. I hope I'm not being presumptuous, but... there 'have' been women in your life, haven't there?
Holmes: The answer is yes...
Watson: [Watson breathes a sigh of relief]
Holmes: ... You're being presumptuous. Good night
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Silver

Everybody asks why I started at the end and worked back to the beginning...the reason is simple, I couldn't understand the beginning until I had reached the end. There were too many pieces of the puzzle missing…too much she would never tell. I could sell these things. People want to buy them. But I’d set all this on fire first. She’d like that. That’s what she would do. She’d make it just to burn it. I couldn’t afford this one, but the beginning deserved something special. But how do I show that nothing, not a taste, not a smell, not even the color of the sky has ever been as clear and sharp as it was when I belonged to her. I don’t know how to express that being with someone so dangerous...was the last time that I felt safe...

~ Astrid - White Oleander

Love humiliates you, hatred cradles you don't attach yourself to anyone who shows you the least bit of attention because you're lonely. Loneliness is the human condition. No one is ever going to fill that space. The best you can do is know yourself... know what you want.

~ Ingrid - White Oleander
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Victor LaCroix

Harold Gould (Arthur Mendelson): See what no one else sees. See what everyone chooses not to see... out of fear, conformity or laziness. See the whole world anew each day!
A taste is Simply Divine

Lovebug

Kyoko: Isn't life disappointing?
Noriko (smiles): Yes, it is.

Tokyo Story by Yasujiro Ozu and Kogo Noda

TheWriter

"Every magic trick consists of three parts, or acts.  The first part is called the Pledge.  The magician shows you something ordinary; a deck of cards, or a bird, or a man.  He shows you this object, perhaps he asks you to inspect it, to see that it is indeed real, unaltered, normal.  But of course, it probably isn't.  The second act is called the Turn.  The magician takes the ordinary something, and makes it do something extraordinary.  Now you're looking for the secret, but you won't find it, because, of course, you're not really looking.  You don't really want to know.  You want to be fooled.  But you wouldn't clap yet, because making something disappear isn't enough.  You have to bring it back.  That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call the Prestige."

- Cutter, The Prestige

Elohim

Kakihara:  Listen, when you're giving pain to someone, don't think about the pain that person is feeling. Just concentrate on how good it feels to be causing someone pain. That's the best thing you can do for a true masochist! (Koroshiya 1)

WyldRanger

McCoy: Perhaps we could cover a little philosophical ground. Life... Death... Life. Things of that nature.
Spock: I did not have time on Vulcan to review the philosophical disciplines.
McCoy: C'mon Spock, it's me, McCoy. You really have gone where no man's gone before. Can't you tell me what it felt like?
Spock: It would be impossible to discuss the subject without a common frame of reference.
McCoy: You're joking!
Spock: A joke... is a story with a humorous climax.
McCoy: You mean I have to die to discuss your insights on death?
Spock: Forgive me, doctor. I am receiving a number of distress calls.
McCoy: I don't doubt it.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Malrunar

"Oh, sugar honey iced tea!" Martie from Madagascar  ;D

jouzinka

"Of course he lied to you, would you be in bed with him othervise?"

"Oh, I'll have to marry a vigin. I can't stand criticism!"

both by Bror Blixen, Out of Africa

WyldRanger

Panel member: Doctor Arroway, you come to us with no evidence, no record, no artifacts. Only a story that to put it mildly strains credibility. Over half a trillion dollars was spent, dozens of lives were lost. Are you really going to sit there and tell us we should just take this all... on faith?
[pause, Ellie looks at Palmer]
Michael Kitz: Please answer the question, doctor.
Ellie Arroway: Is it possible that it didn't happen? Yes. As a scientist, I must concede that, I must volunteer that.
Michael Kitz: Wait a minute, let me get this straight. You admit that you have absolutely no physical evidence to back up your story.
Ellie Arroway: Yes.
Michael Kitz: You admit that you very well may have hallucinated this whole thing.
Ellie Arroway: Yes.
Michael Kitz: You admit that if you were in our position, you would respond with exactly the same degree of incredulity and skepticism!
Ellie Arroway: Yes!
Michael Kitz: [standing, angrily] Then why don't you simply withdraw your testimony, and concede that this "journey to the center of the galaxy," in fact, never took place!
Ellie Arroway: Because I can't. I... had an experience... I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real! I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever... A vision... of the universe, that tells us, undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how... rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater then ourselves, that we are *not*, that none of us are alone! I wish... I... could share that... I wish, that everyone, if only for one... moment, could feel... that awe, and humility, and hope. But... That continues to be my wish.

-Contact

WyldRanger

News Reporters: Reverend Joss! Reverend Joss, what do you believe? What do you believe?
[pause]
Palmer Joss: As a person of faith I'm bound by a different covenant than Doctor Arroway. But our goal is one and the same: the pursuit of Truth. I for one believe her.

-Contact

Ket

Quote from: Xana T Cenad on January 18, 2009, 03:19:47 PM

Ellie Arroway: Because I can't. I... had an experience... I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real! I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever... A vision... of the universe, that tells us, undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how... rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater then ourselves, that we are *not*, that none of us are alone! I wish... I... could share that... I wish, that everyone, if only for one... moment, could feel... that awe, and humility, and hope. But... That continues to be my wish.

Text just cannot convey the raw emotion she put into these lines.  I <3 Contact. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

WyldRanger

Quote from: Ket on January 18, 2009, 03:24:30 PM
Text just cannot convey the raw emotion she put into these lines.  I <3 Contact. 

That scene is my favorite scene in any movie I have ever seen! Plus--Contact is my favorite movie of all time! :)

jouzinka

The Shepherd must tend his flock. And at times fight off the wolves.

Reverend Oliver, The Patriot

Phobetor

Nun: You don't believe in God because of Alice in Wonderland?
Loki: No, "Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter" that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or... or with his tusk, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do... what do they do? They... They dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensure the destruction of one's inner-being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions... by inhibiting our decisions, out of... out of fear of some... some intangible parent figure who... who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says... and says, "Do it - Do it and I'll fuckin' spank you. "

- Dogma (One of MANY Awesome quotes)
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

TheWriter

I apologize in advance, I only just saw this movie a few days ago.

"First, take a big step back, and literally fuck your own face! Now I dunno what kind of pan-Pacific bullshit powerplay you're trying to pull here, but Asia, Jack, is my territory, so whatever you're thinking you better think again, otherwise I'm gonna have to head down there and I will rain down an ungodly fucking firestorm upon you!  You're gonna have to call the fucking United Nations to get a fucking binding resolution to keep me from fucking destroying you!  I am talking scorched earth, mother fucker!  I will massacre you!  I WILL FUCK YOU UP!"

- Les Grossman, Tropic Thunder
(This character renewed my faith in Tom Cruise as an actor.)

Inkidu

We've come a long way from blowing up my mom's fence.

Homer H. October Sky
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.