News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Want to start building worlds.

Started by Monfang, February 16, 2013, 05:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monfang

I want to start building up worlds with people while I wait on my application.

I love just about all settings and themes, but here are a few ideas I had:

Vandread:

Based on the Anime of the same name, this will take point a year after the events of the show however will not include the 'Extra Stage' novel that goes along with it because it just feels like extra fluff to me. The setting will require this be a M/F roleplay to function to it's fullest potential. After the events of the show, the Nirvana becomes the flagship of the combined man and woman fleets and also the focal point of a series of experiments.

First: To see how well men and women can coexist. All though the three men managed to integrate into the culture of the ship after a time, nether planet is convinced that it wasn't just due to them being a necessity and that their numbers were so low. A fresh collection of men are being sent to the ship to test if an increased and more diverse population of men can have such a success.

Second: New Vanguards are being shipped along with the men. The drastic differences in combat styles of the men and women as well as their tactics will be tested to see if they can be combined to anything beneficial.

Third: An experimental weapon is going to be added to the fleet, a combined effort by scientists and engineers from both sides to replicate the success of the Vandreads without the effect of the Paksis in the Nirvana's Core. The weapon has transforming properties, able to change from the slick, high speed and versatile Dread that women used to the powerful, maneuverable and melee focused Vangard that the men use. However the weapon has a potentially deadly secret.

My Wife, the Amazon!

I had this idea in the mist of a discussion on traditional marriages and feminism. Someone challenged that if the roles were reversed, would I be able to comply with it. The idea of it though left an impression and I had been wanting to do a roleplay of it. The idea is simple, as apposed to the way humans are now with men being typicality stronger than females and they the head of the traditional family, we reverse it so that women are the stronger ones and take on many of the traits attached to males while the reverse is true of men. The details will be worked out between the one who applies for this, but there is a few conditions:

1) Both of the roleplayers have to follow the roles as defined in the thread I started, and I will explain it in detail before the RP.

2) there is a 'fail' condition. Should ether party fail in their roles three times or does something drastic to call for it, then the roleplay ends with a divorce.

Aside from those, the rest are freely defined and changed as the roleplayers see fit.

A teaching role of somesort

I know, this isn't as.. detailed as my other two, but I have always enjoyed a role that had me as a teacher, a guide, a leader, ect. (Possibly because it feeds my ego) I've done detailed roleplays that had me actually serving as an actual American History teacher in Second Life. Had a class schedule and everything, wrote up lesson plans and such. Was great until the limitations got to me. Anyway, I might as well leave a few examples.

A personal instructor of some sort: Think along the lines of what the Hero from Fable 3 had. Someone older and wiser who could tap into the potential of the pupil. A few ideas I just had include turning a tomboyish lady into a knight or taking in an orphan outcasted by villagers and sought by a wizard to carry on his name. That's all I had thus far, but I'm open to anything along those lines.

Personal Requests:

I hate to sound... picky? but I have a few requests when it comes to roleplayers, things that I really need to fully connect with the roleplay.

1) Detail. Getting as much into the post that I can use in my reply to help insure that you have the best from me in return. I've had tried to do roleplays with people who try and get away with posting a sentence, but even I'm not that good.

2) Spontaneous events: Any roleplayer who can add new and unusual twists in each scene is always welcome with me. I don't mind things like running gags, but I prefer things be as fresh as possible.

3) Flexibility: A roleplayer who can bend with the wind, roll with the punches and come out swinging.

I hope to add more ideas after I get approved and write them down as I get them. Hopefully I have peeked a few of ya'lls interests and I will get a few replies.

Safire

Hello! I like your idea in terms of a teaching role. That sounds like it might be fun to work out. I'm personally more of a character builder rather than a world builder, but I wouldn't mind giving that a try.
If I seem a bit slow on posting, it's because things are piling up in real life.

Monfang

Good to hear, what do you have in mind for the teaching role? Did the tomboy turned Knight or the Orphan Apprentice get your attention or did you have something else in mind?

Safire

I was interested in the tomboy turning into a knight. I could imagine two very stubborn characters getting into some arguments about who's better at what, or just general teacher-student problems (I'm not listening to you, old man!). It could go other ways too.
If I seem a bit slow on posting, it's because things are piling up in real life.

Monfang

Alright, that sounds good.. Normally I would take this into PMs to figure out the details, but perhaps it would be better to open up the game thread and discuss the details in there.

You have any name ideas you wanna share?

Safire

Hmm... Well...

Jarren- He's a bit of a know-it-all and doesn't really know when to shut up, however, he is a fantastic knight. He got into a fight with a prince and is now having to train a very stubborn girl. If he suceeds, he will be let back into the fighting grounds. If he fails, it's right back to blacksmithing.

Kyra- She wants her way. It's simple. She believes she can be a knight, and she will be a knight. With a bit of practice with wooden swords already, it's no wonder she's angry at being placed into her idea of the equivalent of knight daycare. She's definitely a 16 year old (the key syllable being 'teen').

These are just a couple of ideas I had for the main characters, but I'm open for anything. Maybe other people could jump in and add their own characters so it's a full class. Let me know what you think!

Monfang

Quote from: Safire on February 16, 2013, 10:33:18 PM
Hmm... Well...

Jarren- He's a bit of a know-it-all and doesn't really know when to shut up, however, he is a fantastic knight. He got into a fight with a prince and is now having to train a very stubborn girl. If he suceeds, he will be let back into the fighting grounds. If he fails, it's right back to blacksmithing.

Kyra- She wants her way. It's simple. She believes she can be a knight, and she will be a knight. With a bit of practice with wooden swords already, it's no wonder she's angry at being placed into her idea of the equivalent of knight daycare. She's definitely a 16 year old (the key syllable being 'teen').

These are just a couple of ideas I had for the main characters, but I'm open for anything. Maybe other people could jump in and add their own characters so it's a full class. Let me know what you think!
I actually expected this to be a one on one and I meant the name for the RP. We can cover details like this in there.

Safire

Sorry about that! I'm not sure... Maybe "A Class of their Own"?