New school new start

Started by Thesunmaid, February 15, 2013, 09:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thesunmaid

Fiona was starting a new school and she was nervous as hell. This was high school and she was not happy about being ripped out of her old school..Her mother had remarried and they had moved to this awful place and she sighs walking into the new all girl school. She was not used to an all girl school let alone one with a uniform. Looking down at herself she wrinkles her nose. She hated this. She felt ridiculous wearing this..But its only for two semesters...its only one year...its OK..you can do this Fi..OK...

She had to fill out paper work all morning and she was just getting finished at lunch. Sister mary catherine brought her to the cafeiteria and had offered to show her around and get her introduced to some of the students. She smiled politly and declined simply getting her lunch and moved to a back table sitting down and watched the students and noticed a few were watching her as well and she sort of shrank back and looked down and began to read her book. Bad enough she looked different that most of the girls here with her curly red hair and glasses. She noticed the table of what she guessed were the popular girls looking over and giggling at her and she sighed looking down at her book again. One of her favorites. To kill a mocking bird. It was a book her father gave her when she was 12 and she had loved it ever since.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Vanna Lane

Alex had just sat down to eat lunch with her friends, when the new girl walked in. Her friends grew silent and began murmuring things to each other that she barely paid attention to. They were right about one thing though, the new girl certainly stood out among the crowd without really trying to. You could tell she was unsure of herself in this new environment.

She was looking around at everything with such a look of trepidation that Alex felt sorry for her. She couldn't even begin to imagine how the red headed girl felt. Alex had lived in this town her whole life, grown up with the same snooty people and had never traveled elsewhere. She saw the girl sigh and pick at her lunch, eyes down, face buried in a book.

She admired the flame red hair while nibbling on a carrot stick, half wishing she could get her locks to curl that way. Alex had stick straight, dark brown to black hair, that she kept in a long asymmetrical bob with bangs. The curse of the orient, she had jokingly called it. Her mother was from Colorado and her father was from Japan. She was still gawking like a nerd when she realized that the new girl was staring back at her quizzically.
~ I once dreamed of a love that even time would lie down and be still for ... wishes do come true! ~

Thesunmaid

She looked up when someone bumped into the table to head outside with the exit door right behind her table and then noticed this asian girl staring at her. OK there was also a table full of other girls occasionally looking over and one rolled her eyes when she saw Fiona looking at Alex and one of the girls said to Alex"Looks like someone has a crush on you Alex..but then look at her...she obviously does not condition her hair much..it looks like she skinned a muppet and glued it to her head.."You Friend was sort of fashion obsessed but here where you had to wear a uniform the only things she could snark about was hair shoes and make up. Fiona herself was actually wearing bright red converse high top sneakers and socks with a black backround and little rubber duckies on them and stood up looking embarrassed at now your whole table watching her grabbing her bagged lunch and headed for the door staying in the school.

She growled as she passed your table with a thick british accent"iffen your going to bloody well stare why not stop being harpies and just come out with it.."She looked away and walked off her red curls bouncing and her book clutched to her chest. She took off her glasses when she walked out the cafeteria doors and wiped her eyes and then kept going. Maybe she could find an empty class room to eat her lunch in.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Vanna Lane

Alex felt the heat in her face when her friends were teasing her about the new girl having a crush on her. Then she heard them making fun of her beautiful red hair and was about to turn around to tell them to shut up, when all of a sudden the new girl was right there next to her table. She called them harpies, in an accent Alex wasn't too familiar with, then ran out of the cafeteria, leaving Alex with her mouth agape. Alex's friends giggled, calling the new girl a crybaby, like it was the funniest thing in the world. They started on her accent when Alex remembered how to speak.

"That wasn't very nice you guys! She's new, that has to be hard. Plus you made her cry. What's the matter with you?" Alex said quietly, but firmly, raising an eyebrow. When she spoke, even though her voice was so soft, they listened. A couple of her friends were still giggling, but the other three mumbled sorry under their breath, looking down at their trays in embarrassment. Alex got up from the table and quickly raced out the door and into the fairly empty hallway carrying her lunch, her knee length pleated skirt awkwardly sticking to her legs as she ran. Her lime green converses pitter-pattered against the floor.

She looked down one end of the hallway, trying to locate the fiery locks of the new girl. She didn't see anyone down that end, so she started walking down the other end, peeking into empty classrooms. She went inside the girls restroom to see if the other girl was there, peering under the stall doors. Finding the bathroom completely empty she continued her search down the hall looking through the windows on the classroom doors in vain, she thought.

Finally, she spotted the "harpie" girl in the chem lab, eating her lunch by herself. She hesitated only a moment, for she hated confrontation, and upon opening the classroom door, walked swiftly inside. "I'm sorry about my friends..." Alex said, trailing off, unsure what to say next. "They're stupid," she decided on. 'Lame' she thought, 'That sounded so lame....' At first the curly haired girl seemed to not hear her, continuing to chew her food, then swallowing. Slowly she looked up, hitting Alex with a piercing stare.
~ I once dreamed of a love that even time would lie down and be still for ... wishes do come true! ~

Thesunmaid

She looks up at you hearing your voice...sort of made her stomach flip a bit...she had to admit that you staring her had seemed different.But also those dark almond eyes of yours sort of felt different too. Softer somehow. Her own green eyes watched you closely and sighs"I'm sorry I called you a harpy..This is..my 5Th school that I have been to for high school...my stepdad is in the military...so..I am a bit sick of moving you know? But I am 18 now so iffen I wanna stay here and finish things I spose I can.."She realized she was rambling and sighs"Fucking hell..look love...you don't have to run away from yer friends which I am sure you have known since kindergarten to comfort the crazy ginger Brit..."She looks at you and smiles weakly"I spose I should have a thicker skin at times..moving so much I should be used to being new but starting over is bad enough but starting over here in the states is....just..weird."

She looks at you"I'm sorry I'm blatherin on so...umm..I'm Fiona Dunhill...new girl to penguin high.."Her eyes drift down to your converse sneakers and smiles a bit"Nice choice in shoes..I have that color too..mum told me to wear some boring black pair but I told her sorry I am not turnin into some old farts wet dream..even iffen I am not exactly a beauty queen its the uniform.."She smiles a bit.

Vanna Lane

Alex cocked her head slightly to the left side, listening to Fiona’s ramblings. She again wondered where she was from, rather enjoying her accent. It was different, but nice nonetheless. She once again found herself staring so she tried to look elsewhere, hoping it didn’t come across as boredom. It was rather intense for Alex to look at the new girl, as her eyes were quite striking, but at the same time she couldn’t seem to look away for long.

She kept feeling a pulling sensation towards Fiona that she couldn’t explain, it was a new feeling that she was having trouble fighting against. Not being able to help herself any longer, she once again turned her eyes towards Fiona. The new girl was still babbling away. Alex shifted from one foot to the other, trying to decide whether to sit down, or continue standing in the doorway like a complete dork. She walked the rest of the way into the room, letting the door close softly behind her.

Walking towards the new girl indecisively, she decided to plop down next to her, hands resting in her lap, legs crossed at the ankles swinging slightly. She quickly realized that Fiona had stopped talking and was looking at her once more with those beautiful green eyes. They were like an endless sea of emerald. The new girls smile seemed to make her eyes light up a bit, even it was only a half-smile. “I’m Alex…” she said, finally breaking the awkward silence that had seemed to develop, “I like your shoes too.” She grinned, face flushing, wondering why she was so shy all of a sudden. That was completely unlike her.

Thesunmaid

She looks at Alex quizzically and watches her standing in the door way. She stared at you as you walked over and flopped down beside her and she smiles"Well here we are then..i was about to ask iffen you wanted to sit down since you looked a bit torn between standin in the door way displacing the air molecules or coming in. I am glad you made this choice..Didn't need that air much anyway but its better for you to sit down...its nice to know I am not a complete Typhoid Mary after all."

She puts her book down and turns to look at you and was surprised that Alex seemed almost shy...why would a pretty obviously popular girl like this be nervous around a gawky new kid"Erm...forgive the question Alex but do i have somethin in my teeth or on my face? Cause you don't seem to wanna look at me for too long...although if its merely my face throwing you off.."She makes a weird face and then grins"It's ok I don't bite unless provoked. So don't poke the new kid with sticks and you should be fine."She smiles and sits back taking another bite of her sandwich.

Vanna Lane

Alex laughed, feeling less nervous. "Hey, you're pretty funny," she said to Fiona, still chuckling, "And no, to answer your question there's nothing wrong with your face....I guess I just haven't met a new person in awhile. I hope you don’t mind me eating with you,” she said relaxing against the back of the chair. “I’m mad at my friends for being jerks,” Alex stated pointedly. She opened her Cheshire Cat metal lunch box, not waiting for an answer from Fiona. She pulled out her matching metal thermos full of water, a sandwich on two slices of whole grain bread, a  banana and some veggie stir fry with brown rice.

She bit into her sandwich, groaning with delight at the taste. They both chewed in silence for a minute, seeming to really be into their food. ‘This is nice,’ Alex thought. Usually the chatter in the cafeteria made it hard for her to hear her own thoughts, let alone what her friends were talking about. Normally it was about something nonsensical and seemingly irrelevant to her every day life, like hair, fashion or makeup.

The only time she really paid attention was when they talked about sex. She didn’t participate in the conversation, not really having anything to say. She was pretty inexperienced on that particular subject. Although, she never told anyone that. People always just assumed things about her and she didn’t always feel like correcting them. Kids could be cruel if they knew you were different.

She took a sip of water. Alex looked over at Fiona eating her sandwich and was suddenly curious what she was eating. She couldn’t really tell just by looking at it, it wasn’t the usual sort of sandwich, of course neither was hers.  “What are you eating there?” she asked Fiona, politely, taking another bite of her sandwich.

Thesunmaid

She smiles"Yes well it helps to have a snarky attitude when your always the new kid."She sipped her can of coke"I have lived in Great Britain, Berlin, Italy , Greece and now here. so I have gotten used to putting up my shield to fend off barbs and arrows.."She had no idea why she was sharing this with Alex but it seemed some how right to do so."Well friends are like 4 leaf clovers...true ones are hard to find and lucky to have.."She looks at your Cheshire cat lunch box and smiles a bit"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few."She had loved Alice in wonderland and really anything by Lewis Caroll when you were a lonely army brat books were your friends.

She looks at you and smiles when you groan"wow this is the part i spose i should say I will have what shes having."She looks at you quizzically as they sat eating"Sitting in the chemistry lab eating lunch with a strange but apparently funny brit...yes truly magical...your an odd lady Alex..but not in a bad way."

She looked down at her sandwich and smiles a bit "Well I call it an Oreo sandwich...you take vanilla fluff and crumble chocolate biscuits on it and squish it together...My dad used to make them for me when i was little...its sort of a comfort food for me..although...i spose its wonder I am not 300 pounds."She looks over at your lunch and it all seemed so healthy and she smiles"I have traveled the world but nothin seems to taste as good as my dad's creation ya know?"She smiles and takes a large chomp not apologetic about it just simply enjoying her sandwich.

Vanna Lane

“I haven’t traveled much of anywhere really, at least not outside of the USA,” Alex stated in a dull voice, embarrassed to admit it, “That sounds like so much fun, I’m kind of jealous actually.” Alex really wanted to travel the world someday. She dreamed of all the places she would go, the people she would meet, the languages and all of the cultural opportunities she would be encounter.

"That's a beautiful saying," Alex said in admiration, "The part about the four leaf clovers. It's nice." Alex looked over in surprise at the reference to her favorite book, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, "I love Lewis Carroll's books!" She smile, really enjoying Fiona's company, but she also knew that their friendship was something her other friends would never understand. They were too ignorant.

Alex shifted around uncomfortably in her seat at the mention of Fiona’s father. Family was a very touchy subject for her and she really didn’t like to talk about it. “The sandwich sounds good. I like oreos!” Alex said with a small smile. She was hoping that Fiona hadn’t noticed her avoidance of the family subject.

Just then the bell rang, cutting short their conversation rather quickly. Alex hopped up from the table, gathering her trash. “Sorry again about my friends,” she apologized, “I do hope the rest of your day goes better. Who do you have next? I can walk you to class if you’d like,” Alex said hurriedly, pausing at the edge of the table. She didn’t want to seem rude, she just really liked her next class.

Thesunmaid

She smiled"Well next time I go anywhere I will stow ya away in my backpack..I can tell mum that the Asian girl followed me home and can I keep her.."she grins a bit"Well mostly I saw army bases but I am able to speak a few languages pretty well."

She smiles"There was an older lady on one of the bases in Germany...she was Irish and full of these really awesome sayings and was always quoting them to the kids and the soldiers. and Alice in wonderland and the chronicles of Narnia are what got me through the stint in Italy."She smiles a bit.She heard the bell ring and looks at Alex"Umm..I don't suppose you would want to maybe eat lunch with me tomorrow would you? I could bring an extra sandwich if you do the same with your orgasm sandwich.."she smiles a bit.

She shrugs when you apologized for your friends."I keep telling myself all the small mindedness and cliques of high school will not matter in 5 years...and...so far it has not helped much...but I keep telling myself that.."She smiles a bit and then when you asked what her next class is she pulled out her schedule"Uhh...lets see.. ooh English..."she smirks a bit"Seeing as I was born in the country that invented it I should be good at this."

Vanna Lane

Alex giggled when Fiona said she'd pack her away in her backpack. "That would be fun," Alex said, imagining being stuffed inside of a bag, "Sadly i'd probably fit inside of your bookbag. I'm pretty miniature!" Alex laughed again, as they started their way towards the lockers. "Army bases?" Alex questioned, furrowing her brows together.

"Alice's Adventures In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass are my top two favorite books of all time! They're complete and utter nonsense, but somehow there's always something new to discover, you know? Like you can read a book dozens of times and notice something each time that you didn't see before," Alex rambled, while rummaging through her locker, trying to locate her book.

"Does that make any sense?" She asked Fiona, not sure whether she was rambling. "The orgasm sandwich, I like that. I'd love to trade sandwiches," said Alex, blushing when she said orgasm. "Found it!" Alex said, proudly holding up her long lost treasure. "I also have English next! With Mr. Collins, right? He's my favorite teacher, I just love him," Alex gushed, eyes bright.

Thesunmaid

She looked at Alex and how she got so animated about the books and smiles"well I would try to get my largest so you would be comfortable.."she walks with you"My step dad is in the army..its why I have been to so many different places..this is the 4th high school I have been to..And the last since hes setting up for retirement next year. Hes older than my mum..so..."

She watched as you gushed about the books and it was refreshing that someone would get that excited over literature instead of going on about how hot some guy is... Alex seemed different from the other girls...but she was also very pretty Fiona noticed...god she could be a model..or one of those perfect china dolls.

She smiles as you said you both shared your next class"I has heard he was a good teacher.."She smiles"well I will make an extra tomorrow for lunch and then we can find a nice empty class room to have our lunch time rendezvous in."She grabbed her books and followed you"Well well miss Alex you have gone from quite to chatty in 30 seconds..I must say you are interesting though."She grins.

Vanna Lane

"Thanks," Alex said, "I'm glad you think I am interesting. My friends think I'm weird." She stuck out her tongue and wrinkled her nose after saying that. Alex tried to pretend she didn't notice Fiona staring at her, but she was beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable. Not necessarily in a bad way, just in a strange way that was hard for her to put her finger on.

It almost made her feel embarrassed or like she should be self conscious. She still felt pretty nervous, but she tried not to show it. Her palms were kind of sweaty and her book slipped out of her hands, onto the tile floor of the hallway. 'Maybe I just ate something bad,' Alex thought, trying to remember if she had eaten anything questionable recently. She was coming up with nothing.

She licked her lips, nervously and bent down to get the book. Fiona just so happened to bend down at the same time and they bumped heads. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry," Alex said, rubbing her bruised noggin, which was probably less bruised than her ego. ' Why am I being such a geek?!' Alex wondered, silently kicking herself. "Are you ok?" she asked Fiona, noticing her holding her head too.

Thesunmaid

She smirks looking at you"Well you are a bit weird love... that's what makes you interesting...don't worry about it..I am an oddball myself."She looks at the book slip out of Alex's hand and reaches down picking it up for you and then blinks falling back on her butt and laughs"Thats all right..I have a pretty hard head..."In the time she is getting up as it typical with those school skirts she accidently flashed her underwear at you not realizing it. Looked to be hot pink plaid.

She chuckles and stands up looking you worried and then leans forward and presses her lips to your forehead and looks thoughtful as she stepped back"hmm...you don't have a fever...do you want me to help you to the nurses office?"She looks at your confused look and smiles a bit"Shit...umm..my hands tend to be a bit on the cold side so..so did my mums... that's how she would test for fevers...I hope that wasn't too personal..."

She looks at you and takes your hand"Oi come on...you should sit down..you look a bit pale..."She leads you to the stairs."Alex..come on now love..you can't be gettin sick on me now.."

Vanna Lane

Alex was going to try to help Fiona up, but was instantly distracted by the flash of panties from underneath the other girl's skirt. Her jaw dropped slightly as her face flushed a deep crimson. She felt speechless all of a sudden and as if she were frozen in time. All she could seem to think about were those plaid, pink panties. She shook her head side to side to try and clear out the cobwebs.

She had seen plenty of girls in their panties in the locker rooms and it hadn't made one bit of difference then. So, she didn't know why it mattered now. Before she really got her bearings, Fiona kissed her forehead and her train of thought was lost once again. Her lips were soft and warm against her skin. Although she barely felt it, in the same instant it was all she could seem to think about.

As these thoughts seemed to flow freely, she tried to push them out of her head. This way of thinking was new to her and something she couldn't seem to wrap her mind around yet. "Thank you, I think I'm going to be ok," Alex said, faltering a little, "We're almost there. The classroom is just around the corner." She pointed down the hallway at Mr. Collin's door, offering a small smile.

Thesunmaid

She looks at you worried and then nods"Well all right...but you tell me if you feel lightheaded again..I will take you to the nurse...if you can tell me where it is..anyway.. Um...come on.."She takes your arm and walks with you towards the classroom watching you. She was feeling odd right now..her stomach felt all fluttery and she was not usually the type that cared about people...but Alex was different. Her dark eyes just seemed to suck her in..she could probably happily sit there and look into them..and the fact that such a beautiful girl seemed so shy..it struck her as odd...Alex did not seem to realize how beautiful she was.

Fiona had realized a while back she might not be completely attracted to guys...her last relationship had opened her eyes that she might not even like guys that much...but she was very confused about it still. Her ex boyfriend in Germany..he had been nice enough but he never seemed fully comfortable with her and things had ended badly when she left to move here..and now there was Alex...but...god fi...shes just the first person whose been nice to you..nothing more...get your mind out of the gutter..she probably has a boyfriend anyway..look at her...shes gourgous and sweet..who would not want to be with her...and she was well read..which was..sort of hot...dammit! Fiona just forget it...class think about class!

She walked in and the teacher did the usual class this is our new student blah blah blah tell us a bit about yourself which she did very breifly and then he told her to take a seat and she smiled seeing it was right next to Alex and he started the class.

Vanna Lane

Alex saw Fiona shifting her feet side to side uncomfortably as Mr. Collins read the note she possessed, silently moving his lips. He peered down at her with a big grin on his face, possibly gleeful that he was finally taller than one of his students. “Girls and boys, this here is a new student. Here name is Fiona, isn’t that wonderful?” announced Mr. Collins, beaming like a proud parent.

Alex couldn’t help but to smile when he smiled that big, she thought as she took her seat. The new girl flushed, mortified, with even her ears and neck turning a deep shade of red. Everyone stared at her while she could do nothing but stare at the floor. It was an awkward, silent moment. All the students were sizing her up. The guys were trying to guess if she put out and the girls were trying to decide whether or not she was a threat to their reputations.

The consensus was that she was not a threat. So, everyone went back to what they had been doing previously as if nothing happened. That’s high school for you, though. Alex was glad that Mr. Collins had seated Fiona next to her, even though it made her feel nervous to have her so close. Carmen poked her from her seat behind Alex and leaned forward to ask her something, but Alex shushed her, not really in the mood to listen to her stupid remarks.

Thesunmaid

She hated this part...being put on display like some doll at an antique show and sighs as she sat down one of the guys in front of her turned around"Welcome to the school Carrots if you ever wanna have a good ride you know where to find me.."She looked up at him saying"Yes I am sure your services will not be needed..thank you anyway."The guy blinks and growls at her"Hey! I am not lookin to give you services! I was looking to give you sex.."Fiona looks at him"Wow...your quite the Lotherio aren't you...how proud your mother must be at your panty peeling intellect..I quiver in anticipation at your next stunt...oh the dreams of dating one so low on the food chain.."He glares at her"Yeah well you will want me eventually..."She smiled sweetly"Yes...actually you are now on my list of most wanted things...your right above athletes foot and directly below a severe head injury.."

The guy was about to say more when the teacher quipped that they needed to begin and that was enough socializing with the new student and  the guy turned away and looks forward and Fiona looks at you and smiles a bit.

Vanna Lane

Fiona's quips had Alex giggling so hard, that she nearly fell out of her chair. Tears were filling her eyes to the brim, threatening to spill over. As covered her mouth, shaking silently with laughter. She was fighting hard to contain herself, because she didn't want to get into trouble with Mr. Collins. Thankfully, he seemed to be chuckling himself as well and didn't feel it necessary to reprimand the students who couldn't seem to help themselves.

Roy, the boy Fiona had just stood up to, turned beet red and sunk down further into his seat. He muttered under his breath that he didn't see what was so funny while glaring angrily ahead at the dry erase board. Alex admired that someone could speak so freely and cleverly like that. She was too afraid to really stand up for herself much and she always seemed to think of intelligent responses way after the fact. Alex saw Fiona's small, quirky smile flash her direction and couldn't help but to smile right back at her.

Thesunmaid

Fiona smiled at the boy"Sorry...your not my type there java man..I like a fully developed frontal cortex..it makes my panties wet."She smiles and then opened her book and looks over at you and winks.When she had been standing up after falling down she had not only flashed poor miss Alex but had gotten a glimpse of what was under Alex's skirt as well and tried to push the thought of it away.

She sat and tried not to stare at Alex through the class but she had already studied Shakespearean sonnets last year...but she did enjoy them quite a bit and Alex might notice as the teacher read aloud from the play hamlet Fiona would seem to murmur along with him not looking at the book."This above all, to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man..."Then Fiona noticed people were looking at her confused and she blushed a bit and glared back"Its the bard...and I know how to read stop looking at me like that..."She grumbled and sighs looking over at you looking self conscious...honestly she didn't much care what the rest of them thought of her...just you..she didn't want to see any kind of mocking or annoyance in those lovely dark eyes of yours...you seemed to understand what a good book could do.And fuck if that didn't make her a goddess in Fiona's eyes...brains and beauty and she was nice!she was expecting to wake up any moment to find it all a dream.

Vanna Lane

Alex, done with her laughing fit, was trying really hard to pay attention in class. Although she loved listening to Shakespeare being read, she didn't understand much of what was being said. It was lyrical and pretty, but complete and utter gibberish to her! Try as she might, she could only ever understand half of what was going on. With her friends not being in class, it did seem to make it much easier to concentrate.

Reading it on her own it made more sense, because she could take the time to interpret it, whereas in class she was too embarrassed to ask questions. She was always afraid of other people laughing at her. Alex kept hearing someone else reciting Hamlet besides Mr. Collins and out of the corner of her eye she saw that that person was Fiona. Alex glanced over at Fiona to see her looking right back at her, and she smiled. 'Maybe she can help me with my Shakespeare comprehension,' Alex pondered. That would mean they would be spending a lot of time together.

She wondered if Fiona would be up for that and made a mental note to ask her after class. Mr. Collins was announcing the homework right as the bell rang for the next period. Her classmates rushed out in a frenzy, ignoring him to the best of their ability. Alex hung back, jotting down the assignment details. She did care about her grades, despite what everyone thought about her. Alex was very aware that high school wasn't forever and that someday she would end up in the real world. She wanted to be prepared.

Fiona was at the door, waiting for her. Alex asked her offhandedly if she wanted to work on the homework assignment together tonight. She wasn't sure if she would be available, but was hoping that she would be.

Thesunmaid

She sat back not wanting to go to her next class which was gym...she hated gym...all sweaty and gross and she was not very coordinated...she hated that they seemed to praise athletic ability so highly...what was so great about being able to throw a ball or hit it...or kick it...the only sport she had ever been any good at was archery and that was because it didn't take a lot of sweating.

She listened to the teach for the rest of the class enthralled in the reading of hamlet...yes she had taken it before but it was one of her favorite plays and then looks at Alex as she was writing her assignment down and smiled"I was sort of hoping you could tell me where the gym was..."She wrinkles her nose"Not that i won't take any excuse not to go but still..."She rolls her eyes and sighs and then looks at Alex with interest when she asked if Fiona wanted to do their homework together and smiles"Sure...i was sort of hoping to ask if you were free sometime...but you seem pretty popular so I didn't want to take up all your time."She was smiling now despite the fact she had gym now. She would get a chance to hang out with a new friend..and a cute smart one at that.

Vanna Lane

"Sure," said Alex with a huge smile, "I'd love to. I just have to stop off at my locker to grab my Geometry book." Alex stuck out her tongue and stood up, walking out with Fiona. She wasn't too fond of Geometry. All those shapes and such....they just didn't register well with her. Fiona and Alex passed Carmen on their way out the door. She dropped her mouth open slightly and cocked up her right eyebrow in surprise.

"Hey there," said Carmen, holding her books against her chest in one hand and flipping back her long long wavy blonde hair with the other. "Where'd you go after lunch? I looked everywhere for you," she managed to make her voice sound sweet, but Alex knew she was annoyed. She put one hand on her hip and pressed her lips together like she was trying not to say something that she really wanted to say.

"I was trying to make sure the new girl felt welcome. You guys weren't exactly nice to her," said Alex, not afraid of the tall, leggy twig in the slightest. Sometimes she wondered why she was even friends with her. Maybe she felt like she had to be? "Oh right, that. Sorry about that new girl. I'm kind of a bitch. Don't mind me," Carmen apologized, looking at Fiona. Alex knew that she probably didn't even mean it and that it was more for her own benefit rather than Fiona's.

Thesunmaid

She smiles as you said yes"Sounds good to me...my last class is..."She looks at you"oddly enough chemistry.."She chuckles"Well I guess I know where that is..except I will not be having as much of a pleasant time as I did at lunch."She stopped and looked at Carmen and stopped talking and stands there looking at her.

"My name is Fiona and its nice to meet you. And my condolences...I had heard that someone dropped a house on your sister and stole her shoes..."She smiles sweetly and takes out a scrap of paper and scribbles her number on it"Now I see you two have alot to talk about so I am off to gym glass. I will see you about that report we were assigned Alex."She shot you a look that said I'm sorry and walked off down the hall. She could tell Carmen didn't like her and was only being nice to her because of Alex. She didn't need this right now. She was hoping you would not hate her right now..But she didn't feel like trading fake smiles with tall leggy and bitchy.