Seeking Pathfinder Group Games (esp. on Golarion or Eberron)

Started by Silver Phoenix, November 22, 2016, 01:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Phoenix

As the title states, I'm kinda in the mood for a game set within one of the two settings.  If there aren't any, maybe interested players can band here and attract the attention of a prospective GM?

Of note, I recently got my hands on the Horror Adventures Pathfinder supplement and would love to do something with that as well, but not an absolute necessity.
My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

Chulanowa

You might be in luck! I can't make any promises right now but I've been rolling over the idea of running an Eberron pathfinder game now, even started up some of the details in a file I've got here. I'll go over what I've got, see if I can glue together more. Short of that, I've also been getting the itch to run some adventure path or another.

Revelation

I'll throw my hat in as an interested player to Eberron as well!

Petrus02

i'll throw my hat into the ring for anything Golarion related :-)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Eberron seems like a pretty rarely played setting in my experience! I'd be interested. Pure Pathfinder or will you consider 3.5 classes that are easily convertible?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Arsene

I'm also adding my interest to this~ I haven't had a chance to play in Eberron yet and I'd love to fix that!

Chulanowa

Well, shoot, I guess I might as well dust off the ol' GMing hat and get to work on putting it all together guys.

Silver Phoenix

As far as I know (or at least in my neighbourhood) Eberron is an underplayed setting, though I can never get an exact answer as to why very few people want to run a game for it.

Personally I like it for the grittiness, intrigue, and the (almost) logical manner in which magic is used to enhance society, as opposed to feudal settings, where the inhabitants just don't seem to have the creativity to use it in manner other than it's most basic form.

Either way, hope it gets off the ground!

Bibliophilia

Anhedonista

Interested! I'm more familiar with Eberron than Golarion but I'm okay with either. I hope 3pp will be up for consideration!
O/O

Rummy Tum Tum

I'm interested this. I am a newbie to Pathfinder, though. But hey, I know how to make a character, so that's something.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

*Pondering halfling beast-rider cavalier...You know what kind of mount. You know what kind of mount!*

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Chulanowa

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on November 24, 2016, 02:31:01 AM
*Pondering halfling beast-rider cavalier...You know what kind of mount. You know what kind of mount!*

...Some lucky person's face?

*ahem*

Looks like I'm going to be home tomorrow due to my sudden bout with some sort of doom-virus waging war against my breathing-tubes. So. Might be able to get something together for you guys by the weekend? My first instinct is to go right in for Sharn... But I also have this odd urge to run something in an "unusual" area like Aundair / Eldeen, or Talenta, or something.

Silver Phoenix

I wouldn't mind Aundair, but not strongly enough to call it a preference.

Traditionally, I've liked the theme of the inspired, but perhaps that's not an option this time round (unless there's a Kalashatar equivalent), so I may go with a half-elf.  Would any of the classes from Occult adventures be up for grabs?

Revelation

I wouldn't mind Sharn at all. Aundair could be interesting, Talenta seems a little too focused/niche for character options though imo. Would any 3PP stuff be allowed? Dremscarred press psionics/path of war?

Rummy Tum Tum

I think I'd like to be a monk. Martial arts are the shit, yo. Also, I could maybe use all the time my character spent training in a monastery as an excuse for why he isn't greatly knowledgeable about the world. Maybe this monastery could be corrupt, and is sending monks out to be used as assets in nefarious schemes without my character's knowledge. I'm not sure whether that would work, but it sounds interesting, at least.

Arsene

Do y'all have any recommendations for particularly interesting Eberron rulebooks to peruse for inspiration aside from the base campaign setting one? Because as much as I wish I did, I do noooot have the time to go through all the supplementary material for the setting T_T

Silver Phoenix

Depends entirely on what you're seeking.  For myself (mostly for fluff), I've generally made use of Player's Guide to Eberron; Faiths of Eberron; and Races of Eberron.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Arsene on November 25, 2016, 10:50:57 PM
Do y'all have any recommendations for particularly interesting Eberron rulebooks to peruse for inspiration aside from the base campaign setting one? Because as much as I wish I did, I do noooot have the time to go through all the supplementary material for the setting T_T

Player's Guide to Eberron is basically an encyclopedia for the setting. it hits all the important bits, gives you a lot of little details to fill in the gaps, without any one entry being like a huge tome or something.
Races of Eberron is also good, since with four unique races, and some really different takes on old races, it's hard to do proper justice in a campaign book.

I might point out a few more depending on what I end up running, but those two are basically indispensable. I'm also putting a thread up on Worl Building that will hopefully be helpful.

Also, to answer some questions in one go...

I will just be using stuff published by Paizo, plus the WotC-published Eberron sourcebooks (and maybe Eberron-specific material from Dragon magazine.) This means no "psionics" - Pathfinder's Occult classes, archetypes, and systems will be filling in for that role. It's a bit of a messy fit, but I think it'll work. I'll be doing a bit of kludge work for where the two games don't overlap real well, and even if it's ugly, it ought to play just fine.

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 25, 2016, 11:08:17 PMI will just be using stuff published by Paizo, plus the WotC-published Eberron sourcebooks (and maybe Eberron-specific material from Dragon magazine.) This means no "psionics" - Pathfinder's Occult classes, archetypes, and systems will be filling in for that role. It's a bit of a messy fit, but I think it'll work. I'll be doing a bit of kludge work for where the two games don't overlap real well, and even if it's ugly, it ought to play just fine.
Speaking for myself, I'm not too hard up for accuracy - as long as the game simulates the feel (and occasionally throws in a few recognisable big names for the setting ;D) I can confidently say I'm pretty good to work with it.

Oh, and elemental air ships!

TFcommando

Talk of airships and unusual, savage regions has my attention, though I only have a bit of familiarity with Eberron from the 4e book. 

A magus or swashbuckler type could work, especially with an airship, or else my old standby, the brazen, sexually wicked sorceress, secretly or formerly a noblewoman.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Muse

By chance have you room for another? 

I could offer a guy, Arslan, a shifter wilder who works the High Steel in Sharn, and saved up for adventuring gear to see the world and better his lot in life? 

Or any number of girls? 

Also, something to adress when Pathfinder-ing Ebberron?  The Artificer is one of the settings signature classes.  When converting to pathfinder, one of the classes major features--the Craft Pool--is no longer needed. 

What would we put in it's place? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Arsene

Quote from: Muse on November 26, 2016, 10:04:48 PM
Also, something to adress when Pathfinder-ing Ebberron?  The Artificer is one of the settings signature classes.  When converting to pathfinder, one of the classes major features--the Craft Pool--is no longer needed. 

Oh, this is actually something I was wondering about as well!

As for my character, I think I'd like to play a changeling, because I can never make up my mind on if I want to play a man or a woman and this way I can switch between both! ;D

Chulanowa

Quote from: Muse on November 26, 2016, 10:04:48 PM
By chance have you room for another? 

I could offer a guy, Arslan, a shifter wilder who works the High Steel in Sharn, and saved up for adventuring gear to see the world and better his lot in life? 

Or any number of girls? 

Don't worry fam, I gotchu covered on Artificer.  ;D

Bibliophilia