Looking for a Small based party. [Pathfinder Group]

Started by OyabunKobold, August 21, 2018, 11:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chanticleer

Quote from: Muse on September 07, 2018, 06:37:27 AM
  I looked all around and could not in fact find what point buy the GM offered.  Just "if you don't like the dice, you can use point buy." 

It's 2d6+6 OR 25 point buy (which is equivalent, odds-wise to 2d6+6).

Psionic classes are allowed, per this post.

Summary of character concepts:

OyabunKobold - Kobold Bladed Scarf Dancer Magus
Chanticleer - Kobold Unchained Rogue (<^--- These 2 are brothers (among other things <COUGH>)
Roleplay Frog - Ratfolk Swarm Monger Druid (RATS, SO MANY RATS!)
Madame Striga - Goblin Cartomancer Witch

That's everyone who's put up more than 'vague idea' so far.
My current O/os (need work)

OyabunKobold

Mkay so last post with my character updated with a posting format Ima use and a tag code for my speech... if people could let me know if that mixture is too bright for their theme that would be grand :D

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Muse on September 07, 2018, 03:33:01 PM
She's very cute, Frog.  Are you going to play her?  :)

Rat factor is not high enough. But that might be her in human disguise.
QuoteRoleplay Frog - Ratfolk Swarm Monger Druid (RATS, SO MANY RATS!)

He gets it!

Chanticleer

IMAGE: (Imagine Aly's image from OyabunKobold's character sheet...But with muddy brown-black scales, bone-white horns, lots of pockets and a pair of fighting sickles.)
Name: Wyr Zundae Atrux
Nicknames: Atrux ("Smirk" to some of his associates)
Sex: Male (aggressively pansexual)
Race: Kobold
Class: Unchained Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Level: 3
EXP: To be filled out when we find out how the leveling is going to be
Basic Appearance: Pretty much Aly's opposite twin: a little bit more toned and athletic but they're otherwise almost perfectly alike, save for coloration. Both share the same dusky orange eyes, but Atrux's scales are muddy brown-black, not silver, and his horns are more bone white than dark platinum. He tends to dress in a dark (near-black) coverall that just looks like someone sewed all the pockets they could find together and tried to make clothing out of them.
Personality:   Passionate about whatever he's doing. When he's on the job, he's very quiet and focused. Off the job he's gregarious, noisy, and outgoing. In either case, he's something of a daredevil.

Basic Background
Lightning and Shadows

Like most other scaled species, it wasn’t unheard of for two kobolds to be born from a single egg, and like most other scaled species, it was rare for both egg-twins to survive. So after such an auspicious and unlikely event, it must’ve seemed even more rare and miraculous when one of the two kobolds, the one on the top, who’d first managed to claw and tear his way out of the egg, was born silver-scaled. The oracles had their say, of course, and the lives of both siblings were forever changed from that first hatching moment: the silver was destined for heroism, of course, and as for the muddy-black younger brother, well…Does not every spark cast a shadow?

Atrux has lived most of his life in his brother’s shadow, and he’d be lying if he said he’d never been jealous of ever-so-shiny and ever-so-clever Aly. But what jealousy there is has been tempered by love and admiration. It has led him to be more protective, more driven to pursue his own strengths, and perhaps to deliberately seek a different, yet supportive, path than that taken by his older brother.

If Atrux’s brother seemed to be destined to have an easy life, then wasn’t there a symmetry, a balance in his own life being more difficult? That’s how Atrux saw things. And even if he never, ever said so to his brother Aly, he felt that life had placed them in such positions deliberately. The weaker on the top of the egg, where he might not be crushed by the mass of the stronger. The bright-scaled to be noticed, and the dark to be ignored. If Atrux looked at it that way, the fickleness of fate seemed so much less personal. On some days he even half-convinced himself that even before hatching he’d already been protecting his lither, lighter brother.

And as for his family and older siblings, of course they were distracted by Aly’s brightness, so Atrux didn’t begrudge them — much — that he felt so ignored. No, his place wasn’t in the light. When the needs of the war dictated that his brother be sent to the highest magical training, Atrux didn’t wait to see what hand the fates would deal him, he did what he had to in order to visit his brother, and if that sneakiness brought him to the attention of those skilled in such arts, that was only reasonable, wasn’t it? While there’d been some concern early on about him being nothing more than a tunnel brute (he was almost strong enough to wear a Steel Scale’s armor), his sneaking around brought him to the attention of scouts and saboteurs, who were necessarily risk-takers but less likely to be simply fed into the front lines to try to slow down a goblin incursion.

Even with only the most minimal training, Atrux didn’t find it too terribly difficult to sneak into the students’ quarters; the warding magic that lined much of the collegium didn’t exist there, as guardians didn’t want to be bothered every time some homesick sophomore was up wandering around at night. The two kobolds talked about their different studies, often arguing with each others’ assumptions: Aly saw the universe as arranged, structured and scientifically aligned by the laws of magic and alchemy, while Atrux saw chance that balanced itself out only in that the odds of one extreme matched the odds of another. The two didn’t enjoy arguing with each other, but they each felt that the arguments were inevitable.

And yet, and yet…They were still brothers, so forgiveness came more easily than it might have.

One night, Aly showed Atrux something new he was learning, and while the younger brother would’ve sworn that he had the greater share of the twins’ grace and agility, the sight of Aly pirouetting, draped by and swirling scarves, stirred sensations in Atrux that went far beyond brotherhood. He hadn’t realized how aroused he was until he saw that Aly’d seen his arousal…And matched it.

There wasn’t an argument that night, but there surely was the next morning. Fortunately, it was cut short by Atrux’s need to depart before the sun rose.

When Atrux broached the topic of learning dance with his own instructors, he was surprised to find that they were more than happy to direct him to a teacher…After all, there were places a kobold could slip into as an entertainer where no amount of pure stealth could get him…And the reaction which Aly had to Atrux’s rather more erotic forms of dance was all the encouragement that Atrux needed.

As Aly moved toward his own graduation, Atrux coached his silvery twin in some basics of stealth, and by the time spellcaster was out, there was an interview waiting for him with the same scouting and sabotage force that his younger brother had been working in. The two made a devastating team, and woe to any opponent who was distracted by Aly’s bright scales and sparking, showy magic, but failed to notice the lurking, black-bladed form at his side.

With the war over, the twins have been finding employment where they might, scouting, stealing, and (when necessary) assassinating those who might oppose the post-war order.

Unlike his twin, Atrux doesn’t believe in such things as fairness or order. Life has never been fair to him, but he’s made the best of it he can…And order is what he’s learned to disrupt. He associates predictability and too-staid observation of regulations with weakness and narrow-mindedness that can be exploited. Of course, organization can accomplish amazing things…But that hardly means it’s the only way, or even the right way, to handle every problem. Atrux is drawn to solving problems that require more…Flexibility. Atrux is an optimist and a bit of a daredevil: an adrenaline-junkie always looking for the highest perch and the most dangerous path. He’s more outgoing and hedonistic than his brother, and (unsurprisingly to the rest of the family) the one who is most likely to ‘get Aly in trouble.’ While he may appear impulsive, he usually has specific goals and plans in mind, but he’s willing to adapt as needed with seemingly spontaneous flexibility. As might be expected of a successful saboteur, Atrux’s sense of humor is rather earthily physical and lends itself well to dares and practical jokes. Atrux is amiably argumentative, raising contentious points just to ensure that things have been thought through, and he’s far more gregarious and social than his brother, to the point of being somewhat touchy-feely even with people he’s only recently met. He has a tendency to sharpen things when he’s bored or distracted, and a survival habit of constantly checking his equipment.

Connections: In addition to his older twin brother, knows some other ex-scout and saboteur mercenaries, mostly kobold rogues of one type or another.
Theme Song:

Snake Song -- Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan

The Stats and Saves, Overview:
Stats, Saves, and Overview

Stats:
HP: 17/17
Str: 12 +1
Dex: 16 +3
Con: 10 +0
Int: 13 +1
Wis: 12 +1
Cha: 13 +1
Senses: Darkvision 60' (Light Sensitivity)
Attack Options: Weapon +Bonus (#d#, Crit, Range Damage type, Ammunition, Special attributes);
  Sickle w/weapon cord (Primal Iron, Lead-Weighted) +6 (+4/4 when TWF) (1d4+4, x2, -, Slash, Trip)
  Sickle w/weapon cord  (Alch. Silver, Lead-Weighted, Stainless) +6 (+4/4 when TWF) (1d4+3, x2, - Slash, Trip)
  Dagger +6 (+4/4 when TWF) (1d3+1, 19-20/x2, -, Slash/Pierce)
  Morning star +4 (1d6+1, x2, - Blunt/Pierce)
  Light Crossbow +6 (1d6 or special by ammunition, 19-20/x2, rng 80')
CMB: +2
AC:  18
TAC: 14
FFAC: 15
CMD:  15
Fortitude Save: +1
Reflex Save: +6
Will: +2
Initiative: +3

Skills, Feats and Class Features:
Skills Feats And Class Features
Skills:
(8 + Int (1) ) =  9 / Level
Languages: Draconic, Common
Skills:
+8 Acrobatics,
+7 Climb,
+9 Disable Device,
+7 Escape Artist,
+7 Knowledge (Dungeoneering),
+5 Knowledge (Local),
+1 Linguistics,
+7 Perception,
+7 Perform (Dance),
+3 Ride,
+6 Sense Motive,
+9 Sleight of Hand,
+13 Stealth,
Racial Bonuses:
Ability Score Racial Traits: Kobolds are fast but weak. They gain +2 Dexterity, –4 Strength, and –2 Constitution.
Type: Kobolds are humanoids with the reptilian subtype.
Size: Kobolds are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty on their combat maneuver checks and to Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
Base Speed: Kobolds have a base speed of 30 feet.
Languages: Kobolds begin play speaking only Draconic. Kobolds with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Common, Dwarven, Gnome, and Undercommon. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.

Defense Racial Traits
Armor: Kobolds naturally scaly skin grants them a +1 natural armor bonus.

Feat and Skill Racial Traits
Crafty: Kobolds gain a +2 racial bonus on Craft (trapmaking), Perception, and Profession (miner) checks. Craft (trapmaking) and Stealth are always class skills for a kobold.
Prehensile Tail: Your tail is especially flexible and strong, so you’ve learned to use it for both movement and simple tricks. You gain a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb checks, and you can use your tail to draw a hidden weapon as a move action instead of as a standard action. This racial trait replaces the armor racial trait.
Shoulder to Shoulder: Having lived and worked in close quarters with your tribe-mates, you’ve learned how to maneuver within their personal space without disturbing them. You can occupy the same space as one other Small ally without penalty. If you share a space with another kobold who has this trait, you each gain a +1 circumstance bonus to AC, as you help jostle one another out of the way of incoming attacks. You also gain a +1 racial bonus on aid another rolls. This racial trait replaces crafty.

Senses Racial Traits
Darkvision: Kobolds can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.

Weakness Racial Traits
Light Sensitivity: Kobolds lives in darkness have caused them to suffer from light sensitivity.
Feats:
Tandem Trip
Combat Reflexes

Traits:
Helpful (Combat) You always know the best way to assist your companions, be it assisting them with a task, defending them in battle, or helping them place a well-aimed strike. Benefit(s): When using the aid another action, you grant your ally a +3 bonus instead of a +2 bonus.
Snowstride (Racial) The wide stance and sure footing you developed while traipsing over ice-covered rock and frozen earth keeps your feet right where you want them. Benefit(s): You gain a +1 trait bonus on Acrobatics checks made on slippery surfaces and enables you to trip or bull rush opponents two size categories larger than you instead of just one.
Overprotective (Drawback) If one of your allies should fall unconscious from hit point damage, you take a –2 penalty on attack rolls and skill checks as long as you are farther than 10 feet away from your fallen ally.

Class Bonuses:
Finesse Training (Weapon Finesse, Dex2Dmg w/ Sickle only)
Sneak Attack (+2d6)
Trapfinding
Evasion
Combat Trick: Two Weapon Fighting
Danger Sense (+1)

Inventory:
Inventory Info

Magic Item Slots:
Head:
Headband:
Eyes:
Shoulders: Muleback Cords
Neck:
Chest:
Body:
Belt:
Wrists:
Hands:
Ring 1:
Ring 2:
Complete Inventory:
Please see this spreadsheet
End Wealth:
PP
GP 4
SP 4
CP 1
Total Weight:
75.875 Lbs carried (Light load limit is 99.75# with muleback cords)

Muse

Vixi Matise is ready to go. 

I'm not supposed to put google drive links in the public portions of the site?  Who do I send her too?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

OyabunKobold

hee hee so far our group is very magic and sneakthiefy

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Chulanowa

I'll be having mine decided and up prolly by Wednesday.  :-)

OyabunKobold

Roleplay Frog

OyabunKobold

Woot so Updated my character sheet a bit in the posting format skeleton to add in a new form of coding ima use for languages that are not in common

Chulanowa

This Is A Halfling Swashbuckler
Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1649961
Description: She's like, short.
Personality: Most people have one

Stats: Will go below

Just putting this here for later tonight so I can finish it  ;D Woulda had it last night as expected, but EU4 is a brain-eater of a game.

How were we doing HP?

OyabunKobold

I did max lvl 1 then rolled but im not sure we ever came to a direct cohesive decision

Chanticleer

Quote from: OyabunKobold on September 13, 2018, 11:33:12 AM
I did max lvl 1 then rolled but im not sure we ever came to a direct cohesive decision

Same

Conundrum

Sorry for the delay, I have just been busy and want to make sure that once the OOC goes up I have the time to keep things rolling ahead steady.
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Muse

Vixi Matise is ready to go. 

I'm not supposed to put google drive links in the public portions of the site?  Who do I send her too?

Chanticleer

Quote from: Conundrum on September 17, 2018, 02:08:07 AM
Sorry for the delay, I have just been busy and want to make sure that once the OOC goes up I have the time to keep things rolling ahead steady.

It's cool. GMing takes a lot more work than character creation. Appreciate the time you're putting into it and thanks for letting us know.

Quote from: Muse on September 17, 2018, 04:44:11 AM

Why not PM the google drive link to Conundrum?

OyabunKobold

So we officially have completed a Magus (Kobold), a Rogue (Kobold), a Arcane trickster (gnome), A broodmother (Ratfolk), And partially a Swashbuckler (halfling)

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: OyabunKobold on September 17, 2018, 06:53:47 PM
So we officially have completed a Magus (Kobold), a Rogue (Kobold), and a Arcane trickster (gnome), And partially a Swashbuckler (halfling)

*sad rat*

OyabunKobold

I didnt see your partial or full Sheet in the last few pages RPFrog :D All I know is your basic idea of a Broodmother Ratfolk druid

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: OyabunKobold on September 17, 2018, 07:33:25 PM
I didnt see your partial or full Sheet in the last few pages RPFrog :D All I know is your basic idea of a Broodmother Ratfolk druid

I completed it several weeks ago.

OyabunKobold

Oh? Ill go searching for it then and then Ill edit my last post with links to the Sheet posts :D

EDIT: okay updated the partial and completed post with links to everything. From what I remember lady owl has an idea for a Gobbo Witch but hasnt quite gotten around to it yet

Muse

Quote from: Chanticleer on September 17, 2018, 05:22:49 PM
Why not PM the google drive link to Conundrum?

That's what I did.  Just wanted people to know why I hadn't posted it in here. 

Chanticleer

Quote from: Muse on September 17, 2018, 11:02:43 PM
  That's what I did.  Just wanted people to know why I hadn't posted it in here.

Ah, the way you said it seemed more like a question (given the whole 'Who do I send her to?' at the end).
Quote from: OyabunKobold on September 17, 2018, 06:53:47 PM
So we officially have completed a Magus (Kobold), a Rogue (Kobold), a Arcane trickster (gnome), A broodmother (Ratfolk), And partially a Swashbuckler (halfling)

Nice. And whatever Muse's character is, whether cleric, psychic warrior, or soul knife, is apparently done. So once there's some buckle to go with that swash, is that everyone?