Do you want your mind blown?

Started by Love And Submission, February 01, 2013, 06:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love And Submission

Turns out The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles aren't really turtles.
Since the  Leonardo , Raphael  , Donatello ,  and Michaelangelo are rarely seen in the water (even though they live in a sewer) and spend almost all of their time on land , They are in fact Tortoises.

Mind Blown.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Love And Submission

Quote from: Beorning on February 01, 2013, 07:14:15 PM
... turtles and tortoises are *not* the same thing..?

Nope.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Tortoise_vs_Turtle

QuoteTortoises and Turtles are both reptiles from the family of Testudines, the major difference being that the land dwelling ones are called Tortoises and water dwelling are called Turtles. The body of a tortoise and a turtle both is shielded by a shell, the upper part of which is called Carapace and the lower portion is called Plastron

Shjade

Abbreviation doesn't have to change, therefore the marketing world survives another bombshell.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Naiah

Kinda like how Donald Duck isnt a duck, but a drake..

Chris Brady

I thought Drakes were just a term for male Ducks?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Um, I think they'd be more of a terrapin.  Considering they are mostly near fresh water... Well as fresh as a sewer gets.  And the reason for them mostly being on land is technology and well I don't think The Shredder is a shark.  You also see in the first turtle movie when Raph is injured they put him in water rather than someplace dry.

While we do not see them in water often, they do how ever have episodes in which the turtles are in water and show and affinity for being able to move with ease and being able to be under for medium lengths of time.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Love And Submission

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 02, 2013, 10:53:14 AM
Um, I think they'd be more of a terrapin.  Considering they are mostly near fresh water... Well as fresh as a sewer gets.  And the reason for them mostly being on land is technology and well I don't think The Shredder is a shark.  You also see in the first turtle movie when Raph is injured they put him in water rather than someplace dry.

While we do not see them in water often, they do how ever have episodes in which the turtles are in water and show and affinity for being able to move with ease and being able to be under for medium lengths of time.

Regardless. They aren't turtles. We can both agree on that at least.

Naiah

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 02, 2013, 03:57:26 AM
I thought Drakes were just a term for male Ducks?

Yea.. so it should be Donald Drake..

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: DTW on February 02, 2013, 12:06:01 PM
Regardless. They aren't turtles. We can both agree on that at least.

Terrapins are freshwater turtles that live in fresh or brackish water.   

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Naiah on February 02, 2013, 02:59:49 PM
Yea.. so it should be Donald Drake..

Yes because he is a fully grown male duck (drake).  Females are ducks.

Shjade

But it's his name, not his scientific designation. >.>
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Marduk

Quote from: Shjade on February 02, 2013, 10:26:51 PM
But it's his name, not his scientific designation. >.>

Hahaha. That gave me a good chuckle.

Okay, what about Goofy? I always thought Goofy was a dog growing up, but in light of this topic it occurs to me that Goofy had a pet dog. Can a dog have a pet dog? Does it qualify as slavery if he does? Also, what manner of beast is the Road-Runner of Looney Tunes fame?

I fear a can of worms has been opened.

Shjade

◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Rig on February 03, 2013, 06:13:38 PM
Hahaha. That gave me a good chuckle.

Okay, what about Goofy? I always thought Goofy was a dog growing up, but in light of this topic it occurs to me that Goofy had a pet dog. Can a dog have a pet dog? Does it qualify as slavery if he does? Also, what manner of beast is the Road-Runner of Looney Tunes fame?

I fear a can of worms has been opened.

Goofy is a dog, just as Pete is a cat.

Wolfy

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 02, 2013, 07:20:28 PM
Yes because he is a fully grown male duck (drake).  Females are ducks.

Consider this:

Donald never wears pants.

And there is no visible Penis.

Therefore...Donald is either a very, very masculine female duck...or Transexual!

Marduk

Quote from: Shjade on February 03, 2013, 09:54:51 PM
...it's a Roadrunner. >.>

...did not know this species actually existed.

yep... mind blown. XD

You learn something new every day haha

Love And Submission

Yoda directed The Muppets Take Manhattan and 1986's Little Shop Of Horrors.

He also created Miss Piggy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Oz

Oniya

Frank is a true master - even if we have made jokes that Yoda is Fozzie and Gonzo's love-child.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Wolfy on February 03, 2013, 11:02:37 PM
Consider this:

Donald never wears pants.

And there is no visible Penis.

Therefore...Donald is either a very, very masculine female duck...or Transexual!

Consider that unless it is mating season male ducks do not have a penis.

Sabby

Do Turtles absolutely need to live in water to survive? If not, them being out of water doesn't say they are tortoises.

Jag

The ninja turtles are Malaclemys terrapin breed. At least that is what I think they are due to their appearance. Though most believe them to be common Red-Eared Sliders (which is a terrapin as well). A terrapin is a turtle living in fresh or brackish water, that also spend a lot of time on land. *nods*

While I believe them to be Malaclemys, it was revealed in the 90s during an interview that they are Red-Ear Sliders. The TMNT craze among kids during that time caused a lot of this breed to be bred and then released into local ponds and lakes, making them a pest as time went on.

Tokka from the movie and Slash from the comics/cartoon were Alligator Snapping turtles.

*flees*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Stella Maris

Quote from: Rig on February 03, 2013, 06:13:38 PMOkay, what about Goofy?
Goofy was originally named Dippy Dawg and in the first appearance appeared alongside other funny animal characters such as Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar.

~SM~
“Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls' pants - use it to get into their heads.”
How to Make a Star Shine my O/os