Off-site Gaming

Started by Raveled, September 13, 2017, 04:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raveled

Wondering what's the stance on advertising a game here and then playing it on another site. I'm thinking specifically of running a game over Roll20 and wonder what the rules are for that sort of thing.
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Oniya

Your best bet would be to put it in the 'Non-Forum Requests', as that is the area where people who are open to RPing off-site are likely to look.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Raveled

I was thinking more of a game that advertises on E and plays over Roll20 or Discord or the like.
Since that doesn't seem to be happening for other reasons, which forum would I use for a non-adult group RP?
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Oniya

Discord would also be considered 'Non-Forum RP'.

As for a non-adult group game - we don't have a particular board for group requests of that nature, but it would be perfectly acceptable to put an interest check in 'GM's Looking for Players', with a cross-promotion over in 'Non-Adult Requests'.  Personally, I'd mark the cross-promotion thread as being for a 'Group Game', and the interest check thread as being 'Non-Adult', just so anyone looking at the titles knows what to expect.  (Actually, either thread can contain the bulk of your info - the other one can contain a simple message directing viewers to the main interest thread.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Raveled

I already have the group. I'm looking for where I would post the actual IC, OOC, character threads, etc. I'm not sure which forum to put that sort of thing into.
O|O A|A Ideas

Oniya

I'm sorry - I misunderstood.  You could put that into either the main 'Non Adult Roleplays' section, or the 'Members Only' subforum of that area.  Tag the threads with an identifier, as you would with any small group game.  If you reach 'big group' status (1000 IC posts), we can create a subforum for you like the one for Junior Wizarding Academy.